Final Election Prediction

106,132 Views | 1183 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by concordtom
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
B.A. Bearacus
okaydo said:

A little FYI about the new face of the Republican party.

bearister
" The Washington Post surveyed all 249 Republicans in the House and Senate on Thursday and Friday:

Only 25 would acknowledge Joe Biden is president-elect.
222 90% of Republicans in Congress wouldn't say.

Reps. Paul Gosar (Ariz.) and Mo Brooks (Ala.) say President Trump won." Axios

Republican Party: The party of fear of tRump over country
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo

okaydo
bearister said:

" The Washington Post surveyed all 249 Republicans in the House and Senate on Thursday and Friday:

Only 25 would acknowledge Joe Biden is president-elect.
222 90% of Republicans in Congress wouldn't say.

Reps. Paul Gosar (Ariz.) and Mo Brooks (Ala.) say President Trump won." Axios

Republican Party: The party of fear of tRump over country

There are no consequences for Republicans for staying silent. But if they do speak out, they'll get the wrath of Trump, which does harm than good.

So it makes sense that Republicans aren't speaking out.

Republicans are allowed to be sh*tty. They get all kinds of leeway and then complain that the other side gets special treatment.

The incoming governor of Montana beat up a reporter. And it probably helped him more than hurt him.

But it extends to people like George W. Bush. Yes, Bush says Biden is president-elect. But he would never denounce Trump. It'd do more harm than good for him.
Kaworu
sycasey said:

Well of course Republicans live in a bubble. I didn't think that needed to be explained to liberals though.
okaydo
bearister
Victims of duncery, one and all.

bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

okaydo said:

A little FYI about the new face of the Republican party.

You guys called it. Cecily Strong played her brilliantly in the SNL cold opening tonight.

Kaworu
B.A. Bearacus said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/survey-who-won-election-republicans-congress/2020/12/04/1a1011f6-3650-11eb-8d38-6aea1adb3839_story.html%3FoutputType%3Damp
That's hilarious. A journalist claiming that one of the parties is normal in a good way.
bearister

bearister

bearister
" President Trump is considering a made-for-TV grand finale: a White House departure on Marine One and final Air Force One flight to Florida for a political rally opposite Joe Biden's inauguration, sources familiar with the discussions tell Axios.

Why it matters: The former network star is privately discussing using his waning powers as commander in chief to order up the exit he wants after dissing Biden by refusing to concede the election, welcome him to the White House or commit to attending his inauguration.

The big picture: The Trump talk could create a split-screen moment: the outgoing president addressing a roaring crowd in an airport hangar while the incoming leader is sworn in before a socially distanced audience outside the Capitol, as NBC News first reported.

Immediately announcing he is running for re-election in 2024 would set up four years of Trump playing Biden's critic-in-chief.
The visual also would embody the vast difference in the two leaders' approaches to the pandemic.
And flying off from the South Lawn before landing in Florida would let Trump escape protests, the normal pleasantries of welcoming the incoming president to the White House and sitting there while Biden takes the oath of office.
The Trump campaign declined to comment on his plans." Axios

*In a prior era tRump would be tried for malfeasance in the handling of the pandemic as well as for sedition and shot at dawn.

Unit2Sucks
I hope this is true. If Trump were to somehow grow up and just slink away from public view, some might be tempted to spare him the blame he deserves. If he is impulsive enough to announce his candidacy, he would be fair game for criticism and will have no quarter from his many failures.
Big C

If Trump pulls that, sure there will be 25-50 million of his voters who will think it's cool, but it's going to even further marginalize him from the average American. Now, maybe that's what he wants, 40 million people still thinking he's cool, but geez, what kind of example does that set? (not that he cares)

As time marches on, it's going to be harder and harder for mainstream Republicans to rationalize their support for him, unless their goal is to be the minority party of whackos.
Kaworu
Big C said:

If Trump pulls that, sure there will be 25-50 million of his voters who will think it's cool, but it's going to even further marginalize him from the average American. Now, maybe that's what he wants, 40 million people still thinking he's cool, but geez, what kind of example does that set? (not that he cares)

As time marches on, it's going to be harder and harder for mainstream Republicans to rationalize their support for him, unless their goal is to be the minority party of whackos.
Liberals keep trying to imagine that their reality is Trump voters' reality. It's not.
Big C
Kaworu said:

Big C said:

Liberals keep trying to imagine that their reality is Trump voters' reality. It's not.

There are millions of voters who are neither liberals nor hardcore Trumpers and they hold the cards. Trump hasn't done a damn thing to win them over all year and I don't think branding himself as a victim and showing that he's a sore loser is going to help with that.

Still pretty scary about the tens of millions that are going to hang with him.
bearister
"There are millions of voters who are neither liberals nor hardcore Trumpers and they hold the cards."

Yogi/Sybil now hates you.
Big C

It would be unrequited hate, if he can deal with that.
sycasey
Big C said:

It would be unrequited hate, if he can deal with that.

It usually is.
okaydo
The current GOP level of vitriol began under Newt Gingrich and Rush Limbaugh during the Clinton era, right?

They didn't think Clinton was a legitimate president, partially because of Perot.

When W. took over, his justice department investigated voter fraud and came up with nothing.

Then you had Obama, who was also illegitimate in the GOP eyes. The Obama "You lie" moment came during his first year in office.

Now we have Biden, whom the GOP considers even more legit. I wouldn't be surprised if the GOP congress deems Biden even more illegitimate than Obama.

Anyways, it didn't start with Trump. Trump embodied Republicans.
Kaworu
Yogi_Bear said:

bearister said:

"There are millions of voters who are neither liberals nor hardcore Trumpers and they hold the cards."

Yogi/Sybil now hates you.
That is quite the misrepresentation, but then I don't expect much of Bloomberg voters in terms of honesty or intelligence
If I was a Democrat who got tricked by the Bloomberg campaign, I'd probably hope that people ever forgot that I promoted that guy. Even Trump knew that guy had too many skeletons in his closet to consider for VP.
BearChemist
Is conversing with your alternative web persona a thing now?
smh
BearChemist said:

worrisome
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
AunBear89
BearChemist said:

It's been YogiHydra's thing for a while. That, and giving all his hydra head posts blue stars.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
okaydo
Brian Kemp is a corrupt selfish piece of sh*t.

So it's funny when he behaves selfishly against the interests of Trump.

B.A. Bearacus
Ellis just earned her stripes. If you're in T's immediate orbit and don't get Covid you're showing disloyalty.

B.A. Bearacus
Roll call: Republicans ready to die so that T can overturn this election.

bearister
Trump claims 'next administration will be the Trump administration'

Trump claims 'next administration will be the Trump administration'

https://mol.im/a/9032015

*If I was in the press pool I would have raised my hand and if Cheeto called on me, in my best fake impression of a drunk Sid Vicious I would have asked, "Mr, President, will ya entertain a wage-a for 1,000,000 pounds, British Sterling that the next administration will be the Biden Administration? I'll give ya 10-1, but the money has to be escrowed."
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
Will Cheeto pull a Nixon to make sure the pardon holds? If he does get pardoned, I would question the F out of him because he can't take the 5th in matters he was pardoned in so he will either refuse to answer and commit a new obstruction of justice crime or he will lie under oath and commit perjury. Everyone pardoned for tRumpian shenanigans will face this Catch-22.

Letitia James Predicts: Trump Will Resign So Pence Can Pardon Him

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/ny-attorney-general-leticia-james-makes-stunning-prediction-on-the-view-trump-will-step-down-so-pence-can-pardon-him/
B.A. Bearacus
Quadrillion = 1,000 x 1,000,000 x 1,000,000

Now take that to the fourth damn power.

Related: Harvard Law Drops to 84, right behind San Diego State.

BearlyCareAnymore
B.A. Bearacus said:

In the middle of the Iraq War, George Bush asked for a report on that day's casualties

His aid responded "2 Brazilian soldiers died in combat but that is about it today"

To the aid's surprise Bush wails "this is awful" puts his head in his hands and starts to weep. After a minute Bush looks up and asks "How many is a brazillion?"
82gradDLSdad
B.A. Bearacus said:

Quadrillion? So you're saying there's a chance that this could happen?
B.A. Bearacus
Destructive language has escalated.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.