The Official Impeach tRump Thread

128,244 Views | 1639 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bearister
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Seems like Bolton's self-preservation instinct kicked in pretty hard here.

I'll give him credit for being able to see a world beyond a Trump presidency.
OBear073akaSMFan
SuperHawk he maybe but doesnt mean he does not put country before personal wealth so many of the moron's minions including staff and his paid Republican pipe cleaning congressmen who are wearing out their knee pads!
NYCGOBEARS
Don't underestimate the loathing that Bolton may have for Trump. Whatever he is, he's smart.
Another Bear
OBear073akaSMFan said:

SuperHawk he maybe but doesnt mean he does not put country before personal wealth so many of the moron's minions including staff and his paid Republican pipe cleaning congressmen who are wearing out their knee pads!
Frankly it's very difficult to tell the full morons cccksuckers from the half morons, non-cccksuckers, sundry criminals and former corporate CEOs/sociopaths in the Trump septic tank. This is because he provides zero leadership and runs on chaos, confusion, micromanaging and very little sense. On his own Bolton is fully nuts, he wants to start a war with Iran...but I give him credit for taking a stand on shadow diplomacy and profiteering off policy.

What really gets me is how Giuliani was carving up a side deal to makes some $$$...because Trump does NOT pay him. The karmic loop in the Trump universe is perverse but it does seems to pay back in odd ways.
dajo9
NYCGOBEARS said:

Don't underestimate the loathing that Bolton may have for Trump. Whatever he is, he's smart.

I applaud warmonger Bolton for taking a stand here but all the information was already out there about the criminal den operating in the White House before Bolton decided to go inside. He is either dumb enough to not understand beforehand or . . .

I guess I don't know what else
American Vermin
GBear4Life
bearister said:

At this point anyone that still supports tRump is either tRump University applicant stupid, a traitor or has a blackened heart.
you're having a tough day. Niners winning, Rep in the WH. It's wearing on you, I get it. Your life will get better. But you must let it.
bearister
GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

At this point anyone that still supports tRump is either tRump University applicant stupid, a traitor or has a blackened heart.
you're having a tough day. Niners winning, Rep in the WH. It's wearing on you, I get it. Your life will get better. But you must let it.

Everything all good for me but my second career as an NFL scout looks like it may not work out.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearNIt
The Idiot in Chief, Gollum, and the dwarfs: Pompeo, Perry, Pence, Mulvaney, and Barr, are not going to cooperate with the House investigations. Nobody who is innocent and has nothing to hide goes to the lengths that these criminals have to prevent information from getting out. On the other hand it appears that there are lots of people who will testify and provide the information that allows a clear view of what these morons were up to.
concordtom
GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

My life will feel immeasurably better when Trump is dead. (of natural causes)
concordtom
bearister said:

Matt Taibbi is always good for throwing a grenade into a discussion.

We're in a permanent coup

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/were-in-a-permanent-coup

Matt turned a couple of my favorite phrases ever in a piece about the financial collapse of 2008:

"The world's most powerful investment bank," wrote the journalist Matt Taibbi about Goldman Sachs, "is a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money."

Goldman Sachs takes bright young talent from America's best colleges and turns them into selfish, shallow, money grubbing yuppies willing to bend the rules who have a 50% chance of reconsidering their career choices when they turn 60 and begin to reconsider their lives.

I recall one professional colleague from Ohio who worked his way up the NYC ladder, and then got a call from Goldman.... I thought to myself, "but that's not who he is." And then, what do you know, he was.
concordtom
How about we skip the impeachment proceedings and just free Sirhan Sirhan instead.
GBear4Life
concordtom said:

GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

I guess you're what Cal Strong refers to being "weak". Be less weak, more like Cal, which is strong.
Another Bear

OBear073akaSMFan
concordtom said:

GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

You remain to kind. Natural causes is not quick enough. The republicans though have criticize our withdraw from turkey..still have no backbone to bring the hammer to the Moron. I'm in favor of death by any means. He is deserving of it!
Yogi14
OBear073akaSMFan said:

concordtom said:

GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

You remain to kind. Natural causes is not quick enough. The republicans though have criticize our withdraw from turkey..still have no backbone to bring the hammer to the Moron. I'm in favor of death by any means. He is deserving of it!
Merely losing his life would not satisfy me, I admit. I want him to be either removed from office or voted out in disgrace.
Another Bear
prospeCt
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/intermittent-fasting-guide#effects

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2013/11/13/eclectic-christensen-fit-right-in-with-raiders-cast-of-characters/

https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/11/18/snake-ken-stabler-book-excerpt-raiders-alabama
B.A. Bearacus

Quote:
A significant portion of Trump's Republican supporters are open about their belief in his infallibility: 42 percent of Republicans said there is virtually nothing the president could do to lose their approval. Among Republicans who cited Fox News as their primary news source, this number was even higher, at 55 percent. And Trump's most steadfast supporters are also most likely to condone his behavior: Nearly two-thirds of white evangelicals said Trump has not hurt the dignity of the presidency. By contrast, majorities of all other religious groups said Trump has damaged the image of the office... These numbers reinforce the idea that some of Trump's supporters have come to see American politics as an all-out war.
bearister
Can tRump award a Medal of Freedom to Fox News?
blungld
B.A. Bearacus said:

A significant portion of Trump's Republican supporters are open about their belief in his infallibility: 42 percent of Republicans said there is virtually nothing the president could do to lose their approval. Among Republicans who cited Fox News as their primary news source, this number was even higher, at 55 percent. And Trump's most steadfast supporters are also most likely to condone his behavior: Nearly two-thirds of white evangelicals said Trump has not hurt the dignity of the presidency. By contrast, majorities of all other religious groups said Trump has damaged the image of the office... These numbers reinforce the idea that some of Trump's supporters have come to see American politics as an all-out war.
Modern American Christianity (as do many religions throughout history) undergird the political apparatus and social norms to maintain power and control by the elite in a given society. The "faiths" like Evangelicalism is an indoctrinating brew of culture, class, and cultism that is a training ground for blind obedience. It not only fosters, it encourages and rewards, ignorance and intolerance.

You don't get Trump, and you don't get income inequality, inaction on Climate Change, anti-intellectualism, and FOX news fervor without the way Christianity has evolved in this country and been cynically manipulated by the GOP. There is no honest way you get from the teachings of Jesus to the stamp of approval on the sins of capitalism, and the monolithic voting on abortion and marriage equality (etc) without the intentional, anger-stoking, simplistic propaganda of false faith that is all cover for maintaining a voting base and getting self-serving economic measures out of the masses against their own interest.

It's a farce. It's nothing short of evil.

And all outrage should be directed at the people willing to use God and sincere faith against the less informed, and not at the critics who point out the malfeasance and moral bankruptcy.
BearNIt
So to began the week, Pence stuttered his way to not giving an answer when asked what he knew and when he knew it. Later in the week Pompeo stutter his way to not answering what he knew and when he knew it. On Sunday during a Fox interview, Mulvaney tried to say he didn't say what people heard him say. Then Pompeo decides to take another shot at an interview and goes with not opening his mouth while being interviewed in the hope that nobody would notice that he and the dwarfs are hiding some bad *****

While all this is going on the Idiot in Chief says that he got got the terrorist, that yes the Kurds fought with us, but we saved them. The Idiot in Chief goes on to say that the U.S. didn't promise to save the Kurds and that there were some not so great Kurds. The pictures of U.S. Special Forces leaving Syria in vehicles being blocked and pelted by rock throwing Kurds will be beamed around the world and will be used against the U.S. for the next 50 years as proof we are not to be trusted. Is this what the Idiot in Chief meant by making America great again?

Before I forget, Doral is out and those soldiers who were supposed to be coming home, not so much. They're headed to Iraq. Staggering the incompetence and deception coming out of the Idiot in Chief and the dwarfs. Haven't seen Gollum in a few days. Wonder if he is waiting in his hole to be indicted?

bearister
If they put me in charge of Impeachment Interrogations, my first move once Mulvaney told me a lie would be to slap those Incredible Mr. Limpet spectacles off his face.

...I'm a different kind of cop.

Another Bear

GOP House members try and censor Adam Schiff but fail. He's right about this however. This is what bone spur wussies do while they look the other way on real threats to the constitution and real corruption.
BearNIt
blungld said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Modern American Christianity (as do many religions throughout history) undergird the political apparatus and social norms to maintain power and control by the elite in a given society. The "faiths" like Evangelicalism is an indoctrinating brew of culture, class, and cultism that is a training ground for blind obedience. It not only fosters, it encourages and rewards, ignorance and intolerance.

You don't get Trump, and you don't get income inequality, inaction on Climate Change, anti-intellectualism, and FOX news fervor without the way Christianity has evolved in this country and been cynically manipulated by the GOP. There is no honest way you get from the teachings of Jesus to the stamp of approval on the sins of capitalism, and the monolithic voting on abortion and marriage equality (etc) without the intentional, anger-stoking, simplistic propaganda of false faith that is all cover for maintaining a voting base and getting self-serving economic measures out of the masses against their own interest.

It's a farce. It's nothing short of evil.

And all outrage should be directed at the people willing to use God and sincere faith against the less informed, and not at the critics who point out the malfeasance and moral bankruptcy.
Funny you should write about Christianity and Trump as I was traveling home I happen to meet a woman who was headed back top Arizona who lamented that Californians were ruining her state with their left wing ideals. She didn't appreciate the changing of her state from red to purple. I asked her where she went to school and she replied Tennessee. I said I went to Cal and that we had played Tennessee in football. She proceeded to tell me that the people of Cal were angry at the Tennessee fans for praying prior to the game. I said that I doubted that her story was true, but she continued to voice her displeasure. She said she was an evangelical and that God should rule all and government should be run with that in mind. The conversation got more bizarre as she said she was a Trump supporter and would vote for Joe Arpaio, who is running for Senate. By the end of the conversation I could only shake my head and think that this woman was drinking the kool aid and there was nothing except for Fox News that would ever change her beliefs.
bearister
Right Wing Catholics and Right Wing Catholic educational institutions are getting into the act too:

'A threat to democracy': William Barr's speech on religious freedom alarms liberal Catholics

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/oct/19/william-barr-attorney-general-catholic-conservative-speech?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

How do the Evangelicals and the Opus Dei lads see the end game? The Prods vs The Papist Wh@res in a Belfast style death match to establish Gilead?
Another Bear
Pope Francisco needs to pay Billy Barr a visit and give him the John Boehner treatment, i.e., guilt him like a good Catholic. I doubt the Pope asking Barr to pray for him would do much so I suggest getting down to business, "William you're going to hell on your current path. I will pray for your soul but I have to tell you the hot poker in the butthole really, really hurts like a mother*******!".
Another Bear
Democrats issue easy to follow four page Impeachment Summary.

bearister
'You people with this phony Emoluments Clause': Cabinet meeting devolves into 71 minutes of Trump grievances

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-10-21/trump-impeachment-inquiry-cabinet-meeting-emoluments
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/you-people-with-this-phony-emoluments-clause-cabinet-meeting-devolves-into-71-minutes-of-trump-grievances/ar-AAJ7MOM

B.A. Bearacus
Can Make A Wish Foundation remove a sitting president from office?

B.A. Bearacus

B.A. Bearacus
blungld
How about this president who demands a "fair" process go under oath before Congress and public under oath and tell us what happened and why it is legal and good for America...oh and maybe show the exonerating evidence?

How about this WH show the full transcripts of this and the other calls to leaders to show how "perfect" they were rather than calling their own summary a "transcript," and denying the very meaning of plain words?

How about the administration show how they were fighting corruption by withholding congressionally-approved Ukrainian support to fight against Russia? There must have been elaborate measures and carefully crafted strategy and a list of specific measures developed in tandem with the instruments of state in US and Ukraine, right? Please don't tell me it's just a phrase pulled out of the ass after the fact with a criminal president just winging on his own rogue exercise in targeting political opponents and helping Putin. How exactly do you fight corruption in a country by withholding military aid unless they investigate ONE person that has NOTHING to do with military aid or country-wide corruption and who has been shown to have committed no illegal action and whose prosecution serves only one clear and obvious purpose: to help Trump win re-election.

If I rob a bank, do I get to claim after the fact that I wasn't stealing, I was fighting money laundering? It's an absurd claim and the MSM is letting them get away with claiming it.

All social and political norms are collapsing--not being changed or reformed, being destroyed--and the hoard of brown shirts are about to let this authoritarian leader pronounce himself de facto chancellor three years into his regime. The denial of how serious this has become, is astounding.
sycasey
LOL, apparently a legal process specifically outlined in the Constitution is a "lynching" now.

In Trump's world, everything is always someone else's fault. When did conservatives stop believing in personal responsibility?
blungld
sycasey said:

When did conservatives stop believing in personal responsibility?
It's only personal responsibility when it is someone poor, of color, or who could damage someone who is rich and white. Corporate executives are not responsible for their policy or company actions, just the profits. GOP is not responsible for all the harm they have brought to the country, just the tax cuts for the rich. Trump is not responsible for a single thing he does, but takes all credit for things he literally had no hand in.
B.A. Bearacus

You can read Gourevitch's highlights on his Twitter account.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.