The Official Impeach tRump Thread

128,118 Views | 1639 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bearister
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
B.A. Bearacus said:

Recap so far from T's ministry of information:

Well, of course.
It is the same with ESPN's coverage of the Super Bowl, or CBS's coverage of the Super Bowl.
If you are a partisan of neither team, just watch the main channel.
But if you are a fan of UNC, you can watch ESPN2 for the UNC-Cam, or ESPNU for the Duke-Cam.

Fox is the GOP channel, and so they are going to do EVERYTHING to serve those partisans.
It's not a news service channel. It's a biased entertainment channel.
And Trump wants people to believe that the Dems biased entertainment channel is everything else:
Washington Post
New York Times
ABC
CBS
NBC
CNN
MSNBC
etc etc etc etc etc
aka: collectively referred to as "Mainstream Media".

So, like 50 historically mainstream news outlets have gone off rails, but it's FoxNews and Rush Limbaugh who are in the right.
They are a f***ing joke.
A goddam joke.
And the people who follow and believe the above logic are stupid people who can't think for themselves. They are SMARTER than us and have figured out the big ruse. They are Q-Anon. Very clever people who are fighting for liberty, freedom, and the American Way.
Idiots.
Useful idiots.
concordtom
Choice of Goldman was a mistake.
Looks like a college Grad/law student sitting on the big stage for the first time.

Taylor was very good. Goldman is a snoozefest.
concordtom
Kent's wardrobe choice is highly questionable.
I'm not a fan of bow ties, but that aside, yellow pokadots - with rust and dark blues that don't match his lighter blue shirt - with an unattractive grey glen plaid?

Come on, man!
That's fine for a normal day at the office. This is on every channel until you die.
concordtom
Break #1: I'm going to FoxNews.
They quickly ran an ad for starters, while MSNBC went to immediate reaction.

I want to see how Fox is going to slam with their partisanship. (there is no expectation of anything other than that.)

Trump is really happy that Shep Smith is gone. This is his timeslot!!

Chris Wallace is saying Taylor was "very devastating". But he says that often times this is the way it goes, and in court when the defense team gets it's turn, "it may not turn out that way".
concordtom
I predict Devin Nunes is going to screw the pooch.
They'd better turn it over to someone else.

I don't even recall the GOP's opening statement. Completely irrelevant and forgettable.
They are playing cards with a loser's hand.
But then, so was OJ !!!!!!!!!!

Another Bear
concordtom said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

I'm not very impressed with him to this point.
The guy who did Lewindowsky was had a stronger voice and presence. Made his points more directly.

Taylor himself has that presence and is a stud.

My take is this guy is "working the record", getting stuff on the official record. It's bland but it's essential.
concordtom
Taylor already put it in record.
There was nothing new to be done, other than the drive the points home with emotion and conviction (oooo's and ahhhh's), which Goldman did not provide.
The stuff is in the record already. The point of these hearing is to sway the common voter who will watch 10 minutes on the news tonight. Soundbites needed. Sorry,sad but true.
concordtom
Devin Nunes has gained some weight from the stress.
He is poor, as expected.
His opening salvo was to criticize Schiff for characterizing Trump's call. Fair enough, that Schiff should have pre-stated that his characterization would be just that. But if that's all you got, Nunes, you suck.

Of course, no surprise.

Nunes better turn it over to a pro. Maybe he can win some ooo's and ahhh's.
concordtom
The GOP has now turned over their first 45 min session to "Counsel". Who is this guy? And where is he going?

Answer: Steve Castor

Among those thrust into the spotlight during the public hearings is Steve Castor, a relatively low-profile attorney with strong ties to the Philadelphia area.

Devin Nunes, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, is expected to yield much of his questioning time to Castor, who spent years questioning Democrats as the chief lawyer of the House Oversight Committee when it was under Republican control.

Castor, a Philadelphia-area native, earned his bachelor's at Pennsylvania State University and his MBA at Lehigh University before switching to law, graduating from George Washington University. Prior to joining the Oversight Committee staff in 2005, Castor spent four years practicing commercial litigation in Philadelphia and Washington, D.C, according to a biography provided by House GOP staff.

Castor has already spent the past month grilling witnesses as part of the closed-door hearings Democrats have held, and made news when he openly said the alleged name of a whistle-blower during his questioning of Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, a top Trump national security adviser.

"He has the longest-running institutional knowledge of most anybody on our side of the aisle," Jason Chaffetz, a former Republican congressman turned Fox News pundit, told the Daily Beast.

"He has the institutional knowledge, experience and prowess to be the guy in the hot seat," Chaffetz, who chaired the oversight committee and worked closely with Castor, told the Associated Press. "Most of the public hasn't seen him but for a photo of him in the background whispering to the chairman or a ranking member. But behind the scenes, he's been doing these types of inquiries for years."

Ahead of the hearings, Castor was reportedly unfocused on the public attention the investigation has garnered.

Castor has been a critical player in several high-profile investigations, including the Justice Department's selling of illegal firearms to track gun traffickers, known as Operation Fast and Furious, and the Internal Revenue Service's alleged targeting of conservative groups.

Another Bear
concordtom said:

Taylor already put it in record.
There was nothing new to be done, other than the drive the points home with emotion and conviction (oooo's and ahhhh's), which Goldman did not provide.
The stuff is in the record already. The point of these hearing is to sway the common voter who will watch 10 minutes on the news tonight. Soundbites needed. Sorry,sad but true.
The new revelation that staffers heard directly that Scodland and Trump communicated about Ukraine is new, and wasn't on the record previously.

In any case, seems to me Goldman is doing the ground work. They're setting up the counter defense to what the GOP will bring. Not sexy but this stuff rarely is.
BearChemist
Now this GOP counsel is the snoozing one.
NYCGOBEARS
BearChemist said:

More lies, misdirection and obfuscation.
B.A. Bearacus
concordtom said:

The GOP has now turned over their first 45 min session to "Counsel". Who is this guy? And where is he going?

He looks like he is actively being molested in a shower, then looking at Gym Jordan for help, then having Gym Jordan just walk away.
concordtom
BearChemist said:

going nowhere.
gonna leave Foxnews with an empty basket tonight.
Hannity will LOVE to fill that vacuum.
B.A. Bearacus

concordtom
"and, Mr. Taylor, you grew up in Peoria?
Tell us, what was the street you lived on?

And, did the ice cream man ever drive down the street?
What did you do when you heard that music coming toward you?

You got ice cream? Really?
Was it good?

And Mr. Kent.... is Ukraine next to Russia?
Could you fairly say that they are neighbors?
Do you think when they look out their window, they can practically SEE Russia in their backyard?"

Another Bear
So the GOP are trying to tie Burisma to Biden.
concordtom
Oh gee, what a surprise.
Too bad that doesn't clear Trump of his actions.
B.A. Bearacus
May everyone be spared having anyone who looks and speaks like the GOP counsel at their Thanksgiving dinner.
Unit2Sucks
Big surprise that what Trump wanted more than anything was a public investigation on Burisma/Biden and that the GOP are trying to deliver that investigation in these impeachment hearings. I can't wait until they talk about the crowd size at the inauguration and the millions of illegal votes.
BearChemist
Remind yourself this is an impeachment inquiry.

Another Bear
And this is why Goldman is laying down the foundation of getting everything/everyone on the record. So when it's read back, it's coherent, reads clear and clean. GOP don't have a defense except confusion and misdirection.
B.A. Bearacus
Another Bear
Man, this guy Radcliffe from Texas tried to pin Taylor...who would have none of it, smiled and laughed at him.

GOP grasping at straws.
BearNIt
So Kent was asked about the two situations in the Ukraine that occurred regarding the Idiot in Chief and Joe Biden, due to the Idiot in Chief's defenders attempting to equate the two actions.. In the first instance the Idiot in Chief asked for an investigation on an American political rival while withholding military aid and in the second instance Joe Biden asked for the firing of a corrupt prosecutor. Kent answers saying that the two situations are not equal and further states that the corrupt prosecutor had interfered with attempts to clean up government institutions that have endemic corruption.
Unit2Sucks
Gym Jordan is doing a pretty good job, all things considered. He confused everything and didn't address the substance.
bearister
I loathe Nunes and Jordan...but at least Nunes conducts himself like a gentleman. Jordan is unhinged, rude and conducts himself like the black hearted sexual assault enabler that he is.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearNIt
bearister said:

I loathe Nunes and Jordan...but at least Nunes conducts himself like a gentleman. Jordan is unhinged, rude and conducts himself like the black hearted sexual assault enabler that he is.
Jordan is just noise, it doesn't make since and it's just there in the background.
NYCGOBEARS
GOP is getting exactly what they want, sound bytes for Trump TV. Goebbels would be proud and envious.
BearChemist
According to GOP logic, I can walk into a bank and demand 1 million dollars in cash, and if I am arrested, since I never get any money I should not be charged at all.
calbearinamaze
B.A. Bearacus said:

concordtom said:

He looks like he is actively being molested in a shower, then looking at Gym Jordan for help, then having Gym Jordan just walk away.
Candidate for POTY (Post Of The Year)
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
BearForce2
bearup said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

concordtom said:

Look of the Year
Another Bear
This is the key, new testimony by William Taylor:
Quote:

"in the presence of my staff at a restaurant, Ambassador Sondland called President Trump and told him of his meetings in Kiev," Taylor testified before the House Intelligence Committee on Wednesday morning. "The member of my staff could hear President Trump on the phone, asking Ambassador Sondland about 'the investigations.' Ambassador Sondland told President Trump that the Ukrainians were ready to move forward."

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/11/key-trump-impeachment-defense-is-blowing-up-in-republicans-faces
[url=https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/11/key-trump-impeachment-defense-is-blowing-up-in-republicans-faces][/url]
calbearinamaze
BearForce2 said:

bearup said:

Look of the Year
Oh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, just when I thought we had bonded around The Village People

If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
Another Bear
Gym Jordan reminds me of a carny on meth.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.