The Official Impeach tRump Thread

127,840 Views | 1639 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bearister
offshorebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

If Pelosi becomes POTUS by default the new administration may have to engage in some Deplorables "pruning" if they feel raw about it and act out.

Delete this nephew. I'm not comfortable calling for killing citizens, even if they would call for my head
bearister
Now you have to, uncle. If you are going to call someone out, at least have the brains not to republish the offensive material in your own post and if you do, figure out how to delete your own post.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
blungld said:

Why aren't there legal consequences to Nunes? I really don't understand. He is not telling the truth. He is literally lying to Americans during an impeachment inquiry. It's one thing to ask tough questions or serve as president's defense (he is supposed to be finding the truth) but he is literally making **** up and trying to deceive Americans intentionally. That sure seems like it should be illegal to knowingly deceive the people who pay you and whom you allegedly serve.

We need so much stronger law around propaganda and corruption in government, election, lobby, and media.

If there were laws to address that Fox News would be out of business. Anyone predisposed to view Nunes and Jordan as truth seekers and truth tellers is pretty much a lost cause anyway.
bearister
After that opening statement by Dr. Hill I predict she is formidable and more than up to the task of fencing with the mediocre minds of the Republicans and their counsel. They would be well served to use their questions solely as thinly disguised stump speeches as opposed to challenging Dr. Hill.
The combination of being smart, telling the truth and not having to memorize a false narrative script is deadly.
NYCGOBEARS
bearister said:

After that opening statement by Dr. Hill I predict she is formidable and more than up to the task of fencing with the mediocre minds of the Republicans and their counsel. They would be well served to use their questions solely as thinly disguised stump speeches as opposed to challenging Dr. Hill.
I cant, for once, wait to hear the GOP questioning. Hill doesn't GAF.
bearister
tRump's base's reaction to Dr. Hill's warning of Russia's ongoing meddling in the U.S. political system:

blungld
The impeachment investigation itself showcases each day the divide in our country. There are two Americas on two separate tracks. There are those listening to the facts/witnesses and making conclusions in line with their personal/professional ethics. And then there are the others who are working to bury facts and evidence and create confusion and counter narratives. This later group speaks to people who start with a belief and then look for a slogan or symbol or black and white simplicity to cling to so that their belief persists. For them the entire impeachment (and all acts of governance) is a sound bite.

Each day, the legal case gets clearer and worse (a national emergency), while the slogans get dumber. The GOP has reached a place I never thought they would: the president is 100% guilty, it's a crime, its horrible for nation and the West, it's helping our enemy, but so what, we're not going to do anything. Just no.
Unit2Sucks
blungld said:

Why aren't there legal consequences to Nunes?

Not sure if you are actually asking this question or if you intend it to be rhetorical. If you really want to know, check out the "Speech or Debate Clause" in the constitution.

That said his behavior is reprehensible. Can you imagine if a Democrat during the Clinton impeachment told people to turn off the TV and stop paying attention? lol. There would have been riots.

blungld
Unit2Sucks said:

blungld said:

Why aren't there legal consequences to Nunes?

Not sure if you are actually asking this question or if you intend it to be rhetorical. If you really want to know, check out the "Speech or Debate Clause" in the constitution.

That said his behavior is reprehensible. Can you imagine if a Democrat during the Clinton impeachment told people to turn off the TV and stop paying attention? lol. There would have been riots.

It was semi-rhetorical, but I really don't understand why there is not consequence to a public official lying intentionally to the country. There is no other career where lying to your employer would be tolerated. I understand this is difficult to prove and gets into dangerous area in terms of freedom of speech (and ironically would be used by the right to shut down fact if it was law), but the lying by this administration and their media co-conspirators has amounted to a massive disinformation campaign and there must be a way to make this more difficult going forward.
BearChemist
Caster's questions and Hill's answers makes me feel Caster is doing questioning for D.
BearChemist
Please please let Nunes do more talking!!!
BearChemist
All of you who miss today's testimony, you need to see how Caster and Nunes look like deers in headlight whenever Dr. Hill talks!!
Unit2Sucks
She's clearly the alpha in this confrontation.
Another Bear

calbearinamaze
bearister said:

tRump's base's reaction to Dr. Hill's warning of Russia's ongoing meddling in the U.S. political system:

b.....serious question.
Can you come up with pics of their female equivalents?

In my experience, they're just as virulent but less inclined to threaten a non-Grumper with a deadly weapon.
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
BearChemist
Turner is scared of Hill and doesn't want to engage her.
BearChemist
Wenstrup also ran out his time trying not let Hill speak, and protested when Hill wants to reply. And other GOPer have fled the hearing.
Unit2Sucks
If Trump has taught Republicans anything, it's better to declare victory than to actually win. That appears to be their most effective tactic at this point.

Maybe Wilcox should say "The 2019 California Golden Bears football team is the best football team in the history of the universe. PERIOD. Despite what the fake news tells you, we won all of our games and it wasn't even close."
BearChemist
Next: Stewart. Also declares no question for Hill and goes on ranting. Let's see which GOP member dare to engage directly first.

Hurd also has tail between his legs. At least Stefanik man up and asks three yes/no questions.
BearChemist
Maloney: Dr. Hill, that was a fascinating mansplaining from my colleague Mr. Turner...

(it was actually Gym Jordan and Hill seems to want to correct that)
dajo9
I've only seen bits and pieces but Dr. Hill seems impressive and formidable. She needs a promotion.
American Vermin
calbearinamaze
FWIW: I posted this on another thread:

Damn, Fiona takes names and kicks ***.

This has probably been mentioned, but.....when grump appointed her it was kind of head-scratching time because she came up through the Brookings Institution (generally considered Progressive)
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
bearister
Congressman Adam Schiff: "ADJOURNED!"

bearister
BearChemist said:

..Hurd also has tail between his legs...

I believe the correct anatomical term for what he has between his legs is "Mangina."
bearister
bearup said:

bearister said:

b.....serious question.
Can you come up with pics of their female equivalents?

In my experience, they're just as virulent but less inclined to threaten a non-Grumper with a deadly weapon.

https://res.cloudinary.com/moteefe/image/upload/c_fill,h_597,q_auto:best,w_428/c_fill,fl_no_overflow,h_499,l_artwork:image:fbe828de-3cea-46a2-922b-87c224f40797,w_357/fl_layer_apply.no_overflow,g_xy_center,x_214,y_300/c_fit,g_north_west,h_1300,u_v1548769028:mockup:image:vjjyc10g7zimms9zcr4j,w_1300,x_-442,y_-439/f_auto/c_fit,h_800,w_800/1px.png

BearForce2

And I prefer to be called Congressman Schiff.

BearForce2

Call me LT Colonel!
AunBear89
Is that the best you got, junior? Typical MAGA twit - when the facts don't support you, resort to insults.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Another Bear
That's all ya got? HAHAHA...figures. Fiona Hill scorches the earth with GOP congressman, then craps in their gapping mouths...and you show big eyeball pics? That sums up the GOP and Party of Trump today. Y'all gonna be eating tossed salad in the penitentiary!
BearForce2
AunBear89 said:

Is that the best you got, junior? Typical MAGA twit - when the facts don't support you, resort to insults.
Then by your own definition, since you resorted to insult, you are a MAGA twit? AunBear, make America great again!

BearForce2
Another Bear said:

That's all ya got? HAHAHA...figures. Fiona Hill scorches the earth with GOP congressman, then craps in their gapping mouths...and you show big eyeball pics? That sums up the GOP and Party of Trump today. Y'all gonna be eating tossed salad in the penitentiary!
How about this one then?

AunBear89
How is it an insult? You support the GOP, therefore you are a twit. It's facts.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bearister
Another Bear said:

That is exactly why I have never tried to convince my tRumpist friends of anything. You could submit a 40 page think tank caliber White Paper on a given issue and a tRumpist would feel they rebutted all four corners of it by quoting a single Sean Hannity talking point (never fact based). It is simply a waste of time.

The Republicans could have saved us a lot of time and aggravation by simply telling the Democrats that they stipulate to all facts sought to be established at the Impeachment Hearings in light of the fact that tRump will not lose one vote as a result and the Senate is not going to convict him.
BearNIt
Another Bear said:

Dr. Fiona Hill took a flame thrower to the Idiot in Chief's and Republican narrative that Russia did not interfere with the 2016 election and that it was the Ukrainian's that interfered with the 2016 election.
B.A. Bearacus
How they came across to me:

Fiona Hill: brilliant Cal Professor

Devin Nunes: manager at Chipotle

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.