The Official Impeach tRump Thread

128,300 Views | 1639 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bearister
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Some Stanford shade at Cal, but deserved.

Another Bear
The faster the impeachment trains gets rolling...the more the GOP grasp at straws and make up pure nonsense.

Adam Schiff says screw GOP legal rope-a-dope to stall the process in court (Bolton assist, Kupperman)...not going to chase that down. If's now fish or cut bait time...they'd have enough evidence and witnesses.

GOP have no answers, have no defense of Trump...and the witnesses keep piling up.

Soon there will be blood in the water...to match the human waste already in the Trump swamp.
concordtom
Don't count your chickens, AB.
I turned on fox tonight and they were making a mockery of the developments and have continued to repeat the same mantras they've been saying all along.

No collusion
No obstruction
No quid pro quo
No nothin'

And so long as there are people who are too busy to learn, to stupid to know, too partisan to care, the GOP can continue to tell lies lies lies and it just doesn't matter.
BearNIt
B.A. Bearacus said:

Some Stanford shade at Cal, but deserved.

When there is no defense of your actions, you attack and impugn the credibility of the witness and attack the process. This is what the Republicans are doing. They will not win as patriot after patriot will step forward to expose those who would attack this Republic.
Another Bear
concordtom said:

I turned on fox tonight and they were making a mockery of the developments and have continued to repeat the same mantras they've been saying all along.

No collusion
No obstruction
No quid pro quo
No nothin'

And so long as there are people who are too busy to learn, to stupid to know, too partisan to care, the GOP can continue to tell lies lies lies and it just doesn't matter.

There are 5 public confirmations of quid pro quo by career public servants, regarding Trump and the Ukraine. Trump has lost control of the news cycle and his dictator mojo....and it will only get worse when the hearing go public. Trump being boo'ed at the ballpark and "lock him up" chants signal major momentum shift. Trump has a very crappy "hand", mostly because many know what the hand is: a basic shtt sandwich, 6 of clubs, high card. Dems have 2 pair...looking for the full boat. I believe they have a good chance given the incompetence of Trump.

The GOP have tried to smear Vindman as a double agent...and that's not working. It won't work on Ambs. Taylor or Yavanovicth, or John Bolton. Yes the GOP are slime balls sleaze mongers but they really have a crap hand, basically by their own making. On the flip side of that, I would NOT bet against Nancy Pelosi. She has played her well and she knows what Trump is holding. She is owning impeachment and Trump is helpless. Also a big development is the Dems have tossed pursuing court action that Trump has used to stall things.

Translation: the shtt storm is here.

p.s. ETA: from CNN...more to come. Frankly too much for the GOP to un-fcck.
Quote:

It'll be another busy day tomorrow, when three more witnesses are scheduled to testify. They are...
  • Kathryn Wheelbarger, acting assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security
  • Catherine Croft, a State Department official who worked for Ukraine diplomat Kurt Volker
  • Christopher Anderson, another State Department official who worked for Volker
On Thursday, the House is expecting to hear from Timothy Morrison, a top Russia and Europe adviser on the National Security Council.

Morrison's testimony is viewed as key: He was on the July 25 phone call between Trump and Ukraine's president Volodymyr Zelensky. Top US diplomat to Ukraine Bill Taylor who gave explosive testimony directly tying Trump to a quid pro quo mentioned Morrison 15 times during his opening statement to the committees.

okaydo
Which Cal alum said it best?

Brianna:

Nicolle:

bearister
The levee is springing leaks:

He's a patriot': Republicans defend key impeachment witness from attacks - POLITICO

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/29/republicans-defend-impeachment-witness-vindman-061057

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
prospeCt
this is getting exhausting, - resignations asap, pardons, no hard feelings for immediate big-wigs, family walks, encouraged to self-exile to Scotland or Sardinia, or Icarus, vows of poverty and intermittent fasting may be of help

B.A. Bearacus
concordtom
Another Bear said:

concordtom said:

No collusion
No obstruction
No quid pro quo
No nothin'

There are 5 public confirmations of quid pro quo by career public servants, regarding Trump and the Ukraine. Trump has lost control of the news cycle and his dictator mojo....and it will only get worse when the hearing go public. Trump being boo'ed at the ballpark and "lock him up" chants signal major momentum shift. Trump has a very crappy "hand", mostly because many know what the hand is: a basic shtt sandwich, 6 of clubs, high card. Dems have 2 pair...looking for the full boat. I believe they have a good chance given the incompetence of Trump.

The GOP have tried to smear Vindman as a double agent...and that's not working. It won't work on Ambs. Taylor or Yavanovicth, or John Bolton. Yes the GOP are slime balls sleaze mongers but they really have a crap hand, basically by their own making. On the flip side of that, I would NOT bet against Nancy Pelosi. She has played her well and she knows what Trump is holding. She is owning impeachment and Trump is helpless. Also a big development is the Dems have tossed pursuing court action that Trump has used to stall things.

Translation: the shtt storm is here.

p.s. ETA: from CNN...more to come. Frankly too much for the GOP to un-fcck.
Quote:

It'll be another busy day tomorrow, when three more witnesses are scheduled to testify. They are...
  • Kathryn Wheelbarger, acting assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security
  • Catherine Croft, a State Department official who worked for Ukraine diplomat Kurt Volker
  • Christopher Anderson, another State Department official who worked for Volker
On Thursday, the House is expecting to hear from Timothy Morrison, a top Russia and Europe adviser on the National Security Council.

Morrison's testimony is viewed as key: He was on the July 25 phone call between Trump and Ukraine's president Volodymyr Zelensky. Top US diplomat to Ukraine Bill Taylor who gave explosive testimony directly tying Trump to a quid pro quo mentioned Morrison 15 times during his opening statement to the committees.

Have ever seen this film?
At the end, the all male jury determines "Not Guilty" because it's in their selfish interest to do so (and it's hilarious!).
The Senate will be the jury. And I don't think the GOP gives a F---.
Watch the movie for a few laughs if you haven't seen it.

concordtom
B.A. Bearacus said:

So, they hid the actual call in a secret server, and then softened the language for release, thinking the released version was okay. But it was not at all!!
Boy, who miscalculated on that script release?
Idiot gonna take down a President?

Maybe we will see the Supreme Court rule that the actual call be pulled from the secret server for all to hear???
bearister
I saw the Allman Brothers (Duane and Berry were deceased) in September, 1973 at the Oakland Arena. Marshall Tucker was the warm up band. They played Can't You See (same song in your video, prospeCt). It was a good song, well played and sung. Here is a video of the song from the same year and month of the Oakland concert.

B.A. Bearacus
Cal grad Nicole Wallace (16-sec clip).

B.A. Bearacus
Another Bear
The Dems are in the process of boxing in Trump and the GOP. They get to make the rules on impeachment and this one is a dandy!

Pelosi choose Schiff and the House Intel com to handle impeachment. Thus the ranking GOP, Devin Nunes, runs the impeachment defense. Maybe the GOP have someone else but Nunes is a liability. He's loyal but he's not smart. Schiff reminds me of an usher at a church wedding. He seems so mild mannered but his resume includes successfully prosecuting federal judges.

Quote:

House impeachment rules put Devin Nunes in seat to run Donald Trump's defense

Rep. Devin Nunes will likely be running President Donald Trump's defense on the impeachment inquiry under rules the House plans to vote on Thursday.

Those rules would have the majority of public impeachment hearings under the House Intelligence Committee, with most powers reserved for Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Burbank, and the top Republican, Nunes, R-Tulare.

While Schiff and Democrats will retain ultimate control over hearings, Nunes can question witnesses for an equal amount of time as Schiff, request to hear witness testimony relevant to the investigation and issue subpoenas with Schiff's approval.

https://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/article236786173.html
[url=https://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/article236786173.html][/url]
okaydo

B.A. Bearacus
Not a single Republican vote.

Another Bear
bearister
Fox News either has to fire this guy or retain the guy who wetworked Epstein:

Judge Andrew Napolitano: Proof of Trump's impeachable offenses plain to see | Fox News

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/judge-andrew-napolitano-hiding-plain-sight
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/judge-andrew-napolitano-hiding-plain-sight.amp?__twitter_impression=true
B.A. Bearacus
Generally speaking, F all the Republicans in the House and props to Amash.

Another Bear

Yes please, dig a deeper hole.
NYCGOBEARS
He's the greatest reality show star of all time. He got his wish.
bearister
NYCGOBEARS said:

He's the greatest reality show star of all time. He got his wish.

But Howard Stern is the King of All Media!
concordtom
Can anyone answer this?

Is there a tape of the Ukraine-Trump call?

If so, the Supreme Court should simply order it be listened to and then all of Congress can stop arguing over whether the whistleblower and Vindmann et al are honorable people.

It's so simple. Just play the call for everyone.
NYCGOBEARS
concordtom said:

Can anyone answer this?

If so, the Supreme Court should simply order it be listened to and then all of Congress can stop arguing over whether the whistleblower and Vindmann et al are honorable people.

There's no tape, just the transcription of the call made by notes of those who listened to the original call.
concordtom
NYCGOBEARS said:

concordtom said:

Can anyone answer this?

There's no tape, just the transcription of the call made by notes of those who listened to the original call.

I bet there's a tape somewhere!
Maybe Ukraine has one. Maybe the WH or the NSA eavesdroppers have one. I bet there's a tape.
Unit2Sucks
I wouldn't be surprised if there is a tape somewhere - certainly in the Ukraine. If we offered them $10m I'm sure they could find one.

The call is mostly a sideshow at this point however. The quid pro quo was a months long pressure campaign, not just one call. There is going to be plenty of evidence presented at the public hearings and it won't make a difference to Republicans because they view the wielding of presidential power in service of naked partisan political needs to be just fine if you are a Republican.
Another Bear
There might be a tape but there should be a full transcript, and I think that's what's in the ultra secure server.
B.A. Bearacus
Insight into the tax-exempt T cult called Evangelicalism:

NYCGOBEARS
Javelin missiles. It's getting worse for trump.
B.A. Bearacus
Who NYC choice right now for 2020, tho?
NYCGOBEARS
B.A. Bearacus said:

I'm hoping for a Warren/Mayor Pete ticket.
BearlyCareAnymore
NYCGOBEARS said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Will never happen. Blacks do not support either candidate and it would suppress the Black vote in the general. If either picked the other, they might as well tell the Black community that Democrats don't care about them. If either Warren or Buttigieg win the nomination, the running mate will be somebody heavily supported by the Black community.
NYCGOBEARS
OaktownBear said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Will never happen. Blacks do not support either candidate and it would suppress the Black vote in the general. If either picked the other, they might as well tell the Black community that Democrats don't care about them. If either Warren or Buttigieg win the nomination, the running mate will be somebody heavily supported by the Black community.

African Americans are pragmatic voters, although I do see your point. When I posted that I almost changed it to Warren/Booker, which i could easily get behind.
BearNIt
NYCGOBEARS said:

Javelin missiles. It's getting worse for trump.
The call to the Ukrainian leader wasn't the first time that the Idiot in Chief attempted to trade military support for action on an investigation. It appears that the Congressman was eluding to information that was delivered in a an appearance before the committee by one of the many individuals who has stepped forward in defense of the Republic. The Idiot in Chief may have through Gollum, traded the ending of the investigation on Manafort for Javelin missiles. I seem to remember that the Mueller investigation was focusing on Manafort's activities and suddenly the Ukraine stopped assisting in that investigation right about the time that they were able to get closer the the Idiot in Chief's administration. This was sudden and unexpected and people have wondered what caused the Ukraine to stop assisting in the investigation. Given Manafort's long association with the Ukrainian Pro-Russia movement, the millions that he got off the books that were discovered, his duplicitous cooperation agreement with Mueller while advising the Idiot in Chief's legal team, his tampering with witnesses, and his advising of Gollum in the Ukrainian military aid for a Biden investigation, this could cement the demise of all associated with the Idiot in Chief as further information is revealed. My only question is will Gollum's associates who were arrested as they were waiting to board a plane going to be the first to roll over and start the cascade of dirtbags trying to save their own skin?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.