The Official Impeach tRump Thread

128,243 Views | 1639 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bearister
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey said:

The release of many tapes released decades later showed that Nixon was a Witch in many aspects of his Presidency. Nixon also accomplished some very good stuff, however. I won't review that here.

Trump is BY FAR a worse witch than Nixon.
Trump is more akin to Hitler than Nixon, and Nixon killed hundreds of thousands to millions of people in Vietnam.

Checking Trump is an absolute requirement if we are to keep the USA from being flushed down the drain!
concordtom
OaktownBear said:

2. If you are going to troll the Stanford board go with Cardinal82 or better yet Cardinal2025.
I was there, baby!

Another Bear

Direct link to whistleblower complaint: https://intelligence.house.gov/uploadedfiles/20190826_-_icig_letter_to_acting_dni_unclass.pdf
B.A. Bearacus
Bizarro World defenders of this president:

Bearister2
Another Bear4Life
BearNit93
B.A. Bearacus003
2Keg
okaydo88
Vallejotom5
sycasey_ar15
OaktownBear66
Unitsucks
Dajo
OnshoreBear
NEWJERSEYGOBEARS
B.A. Bearacus
Another Bear

NYCGOBEARS
B.A. Bearacus said:

Bearister2
Another Bear4Life
BearNit93
B.A. Bearacus003
2Keg
okaydo88
Vallejotom5
sycasey_ar15
OaktownBear66
Unitsucks
Dajo
OnshoreBear
NEWJERSEYGOBEARS

My evil Trump loving doppelgnger is STATENISLANDGOBEARS!
BearNIt
A dozen people were aware of the calls to the Ukraine and instead of worrying about the country, they moved the reports of the calls to a top secret system trying to hide the information. They knew it was wrong and conspired to hide the information on a code word system despite the transcript showing that there was no highly secretive information discussed on the call. They took extraordinary measures to hide the information. Dems have a list of people they need to question who can be indicted and who when faced with jail time will try to save their on assess by giving each other up like a mob investigation. Gollum is #1 on the list to be interviewed. The next are Pence, Pompeo, Minuchin, Mulvaney, Volker, and Barr

The cover up is always worse than the actual crime.
B.A. Bearacus

sycasey
B.A. Bearacus said:

So just to be clear . . . Trump just suggested that the whistleblower be killed.
BearlyCareAnymore
sycasey said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

So just to be clear . . . Trump just suggested that the whistleblower be killed.
You are COMPLETELY MISREPRESENTING WHAT HE SAID!!!!

He suggested that the person who GAVE the information to the whistleblower be killed.
sycasey
OaktownBear said:

sycasey said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

He suggested that the person who GAVE the information to the whistleblower be killed.
Well, that's it. Now I'm fake news.
Another Bear
Adam Schiff will lead impeachment. Good call given he's a former federal prosecutor and Trump hates him. Seems like the perfect guy to get the last laugh, turn the tables and insert the knife. Mueller report too cumbersome to unpack but it will be part of the historic record. Everyone however can follow Ukraine-gate...because it's like a mob movie.

Nice move by Pelosi, consolidating the point of attack. Hopefully Intel Comm gets all those resources. Say what you want about the Speaker (I know you will) but man, she is a master strategist. And as she told Trump, You Have Come Into My Wheelhouse'

Quote:

Pelosi taps House Intel to lead narrow impeachment push over Ukraine scandal

(CNN)House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has tasked the Intelligence Committee to take the lead on the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump, telling her colleagues that the probe will be focused on allegations that he asked the leader of Ukraine to initiate an investigation that could have benefited his reelection, according to sources involved in the conversations.

Democrats no longer plan to make the findings of special counsel Robert Mueller's report into potential obstruction of justice central to their impeachment push, which has been under review by the House Judiciary Committee, though Pelosi has told Democrats that the probe into those and other matters will continue.

The focus, however, will be squarely on the whistleblower allegations of wrongdoing by the President, as Democrats push to rapidly move forward on formal articles of impeachment as soon as this fall.

The decision to make the House Intelligence Committee the lead is a shift from how Pelosi characterized the strategy earlier this week when she said the probe would be done by six committees under the "umbrella" of an impeachment inquiry. The initial description led to some confusion among members about how the investigation would take shape.

NYCGOBEARS
Another Bear said:

Adam Schiff will lead impeachment. Good call given he's a former federal prosecutor and Trump hates him. Seems like the perfect guy to get the last laugh, turn the tables and insert the knife. Mueller report too cumbersome to unpack but it will be part of the historic record. Everyone however can follow Ukraine-gate...because it's like a mob movie.

Quote:

(CNN)House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has tasked the Intelligence Committee to take the lead on the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump, telling her colleagues that the probe will be focused on allegations that he asked the leader of Ukraine to initiate an investigation that could have benefited his reelection, according to sources involved in the conversations.

Democrats no longer plan to make the findings of special counsel Robert Mueller's report into potential obstruction of justice central to their impeachment push, which has been under review by the House Judiciary Committee, though Pelosi has told Democrats that the probe into those and other matters will continue.

The focus, however, will be squarely on the whistleblower allegations of wrongdoing by the President, as Democrats push to rapidly move forward on formal articles of impeachment as soon as this fall.

The decision to make the House Intelligence Committee the lead is a shift from how Pelosi characterized the strategy earlier this week when she said the probe would be done by six committees under the "umbrella" of an impeachment inquiry. The initial description led to some confusion among members about how the investigation would take shape.

Schiff is my new favorite Furdie.
Another Bear
NYCGOBEARS said:

Another Bear said:

Quote:

Schiff is my new favorite Furdie.
I have to hand it Schiff and Ted Leiu the other Furdie. They are fighting the power. Methinks if this goes well, Schiff might become California's next senator.
B.A. Bearacus
Another Bear said:

Adam Schiff will lead impeachment.
Who knew how much Burbank pride we would have.
prospeCt
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/late-night-hosts-respond-trumps-phone-call-transcript-ukraine-1243692

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/08/breitbart-stephen-bannon-donald-trump-master-plan

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/this-guys-crazier-than-an-outhouse-rat-rick-wilson-slams-trump-for-rage-tweeting-on-the-toilet/

B.A. Bearacus
BearNIt
B.A. Bearacus said:

This is the one that he will post at Mar Lago and it won't be fake.
offshorebear
B.A. Bearacus said:

Bearister2
Another Bear4Life
BearNit93
B.A. Bearacus003
2Keg
okaydo88
Vallejotom5
sycasey_ar15
OaktownBear66
Unitsucks
Dajo
OnshoreBear
NEWJERSEYGOBEARS

Onshore? This is the worst timeline
Unit2Sucks
OaktownBear said:

sycasey said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

He is merely reminding his audience that we used to kill disloyal spies, back when we were smart. I don't hear him explicitly saying that he wishes to do so now. You guys are blowing this out of proportion.

- Unit2Sucks88
bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
There are actually some people who don't think this guy is a joke. Some of them have numbers in their handles.

Meanwhile:
bearister
tRump should consider himself lucky they don't deal with traitors like the old days.

BearlyCareAnymore
BearNIt said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

This is the one that he will post at Mar Lago and it won't be fake.

The thing is that is interesting today is most republicans are not defending him. They are making themselves scarce. Claiming they have been too busy to read the report. Don't have all the facts. Etc. There are many that are clearly waiting to see what happens. I don't think they'll turn, but if they sense the ship is going down, they'll jump fast. He doesn't have many real friends
B.A. Bearacus
https://www.mediaite.com/news/bernie-sanders-armchair-analyzes-trump-to-stephen-colbert-not-sure-he-knows-the-difference-between-lying-and-truth-telling/

Bernie Sanders from tonight's Colbert (experts from above):

"Well, what I'm thinking is he's probably the most corrupt president in the modern history of this country," Sanders replied to applause. "I think this Ukrainian business, using national security money designed to protect the people of America and use that as leverage to try to get dirt on a political opponent, and then trying to cover that it up, this is an outrage on top of an outrage, and I think this is kind of taking millions of people to say, you know what? Enough is enough with this guy."

"I'm not sure he knows the difference between lying and truth telling," he explained. "I doubt very much that he understands what the Constitution of the United States of America is about, I don't think he understands that we have an Emoluments Clause which says you cannot enrich yourself when you're president, I don't know that he understands that. He grew up as a very rich kid, I think he's a spoiled brat, and I think he thinks he can do anything that he wants to do."
bearister
concordtom
CT liked this:

concordtom
Ha, listen to the part of Kellyanne Conway part. What a b!t*h.

I do worry, though, that bear2force is right in that too many people won't vote for a woman (Warren). We live in a sexist country, very much so, still.
concordtom
B.A. Bearacus said:

There are actually some people who don't think this guy is a joke. Some of them have numbers in their handles.

Meanwhile:

Yesterday wasn't the first time I thought "Schiff for President!"
bearister
Impeachment isn't the answer to America's political crisis

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/sep/26/impeachment-america-political-crisis-donald-trump-centrists?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
sycasey
concordtom said:

I do worry, though, that bear2force is right in that too many people won't vote for a woman (Warren). We live in a sexist country, very much so, still.
The "flyover states" everyone is so worried about (MN, WI, MI) all have women Senators, in some cases quite liberal ones (Tammy Baldwin). So I hardly think it's impossible for a Democratic woman to win the Presidential vote there.
BearNIt
So the investigator who took over after Shokin was dismissed gave an interview saying that he had contact with Gollum approximately 10 times. He says that he was asked to investigate the Bidens among other things during these contacts. The investigator also advised that he found that the Bidens did not break any Ukrainian laws. This is significant because absent Ukrainian laws being broken the Idiot in Chief and his seven dwarfs should have referred the matter to the FBI for investigation to see is U.S. laws were broken, and to date there has been no indication that the matter was referred to the FBI. If the Idiot in Chief was so sure that the Bidens broke the law that he sent his personal attorney to the Ukraine on a mission to uncover the truth, why didn't he refer the matter to the FBI?

Ukraine's former Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin has categorically rejected claims by the Idiot in Chief that the former Investigator Shokin was dismissed due to Biden wanting to protect his son. The former Prime Minister says that Shokin was fired due to corruption.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49856788
BearlyCareAnymore
sycasey said:

concordtom said:

The "flyover states" everyone is so worried about (MN, WI, MI) all have women Senators, in some cases quite liberal ones (Tammy Baldwin). So I hardly think it's impossible for a Democratic woman to win the Presidential vote there.
I'm struggling with why we are afraid states that vote Democrat consistently are too conservative to vote Democrat. They all voted for the first Black president. Frankly they don't deserve the comments and it's a good way to alienate them.

Their hatred was unique to Hillary and as much as I don't think Trump was the solution, some of their animosity was well deserved. When you look at favorability polling from near the time of the election Obama would have slaughtered Trump there and Bernie would have won easily.

Also, the voters that we are talking about are largely split among being somewhat socially conservative BUT being very populist from an economic standpoint. Warren's economic policies will go over well. And there is a good case to be made that with manufacturing dropping under Trump, the hit to farmers based on his policies, and the tax cuts that people in that demographic believe largely benefited the wealthy, he has been anything but populist.
BearlyCareAnymore
bearister said:

Impeachment isn't the answer to America's political crisis

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/sep/26/impeachment-america-political-crisis-donald-trump-centrists?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
The quid pro quo issue is such a red herring.

When the American president asks you to do something, there is an inherent quid pro quo. And there is nothing wrong with that. Other governments do what America wants because they know it is a lot better to be on our good side than bad side.

The issue is asking a foreign government to investigate an American citizen and not just an American citizen but one's primary political rival. Whether he dangled aid or not is irrelevant to that question

It is a separate and distinct issue that he illegally held up aid that Congress had passed. For whatever reason.

Yes, it would be one more really bad thing if it is proven that he took money from Congress and used it to essentially bribe them, but now we are getting into degree of bad.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.