Final Election Prediction

107,212 Views | 1183 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by concordtom
hanky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dimitrig said:

BearForce2 said:

PA is up for grabs and Biden is leading in AZ with 71% reporting.

Won't matter in the end. Trump is winning where he needed to by large margins. That means he will win somewhere he was not expected to. He will still lose the popular vote.

It's all coming down to Pennsylvania.

Whoever wins PA, wins the election. The end.
dimitrig
BearForce2 said:

oh those racist rednecks are up to no good again voting and all.

It's still a close election, too close to call.

They are allowed to vote but I wish they wouldn't set policy for me. They can have their own utopia in flyover country.

dimitrig
hanky1 said:

dimitrig said:

BearForce2 said:

Won't matter in the end. Trump is winning where he needed to by large margins. That means he will win somewhere he was not expected to. He will still lose the popular vote.

Won't be that close, I am afraid.
Cal88
dimitrig said:

hanky1 said:

dimitrig said:

BearForce2 said:

I think you're right, Trump is doing well in PA and WI, with a surge in the "shy Trump" vote in counties like Kenosha and Waukesha where Trump was expected to lose ground.
hanky1
dimitrig said:

hanky1 said:

dimitrig said:

BearForce2 said:

I think you might be right. I'm gonna be honest, this is really surprising to me

dimitrig

I went to the grocery store tonight. The checker said that a guy came in earlier and bought a bottle of champagne and a bottle of tequila to watch the election results. I am guessing he wishes he would have bought two bottles of tequila.
BearForce2
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
dimitrig
BearForce2 said:

Clinton didn't do well in the Midwest and Biden is doing even worse. To quote the late great Chick Hearn, Biden's chances are slim and none and slim just left the building.
BearForce2
Democrats will not give this up, this is only beginning.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearForce2
Texas is surprisingly close, looks like a lot of people from CA moved there the past 4 years.
going4roses
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/01/five-facts-you-need-to-understand-the-new-global-order/
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
sycasey
dimitrig said:

BearForce2 said:

Clinton didn't do well in the Midwest and Biden is doing even worse. To quote the late great Chick Hearn, Biden's chances are slim and none and slim just left the building.

It's really not clear, since mail-in votes haven't been counted and are expected to be heavily blue. So we'll have to wait and see.
BearForce2
Cal88
NASDAQ futures up nearly 3%, markets up, they don't like the idea of the "Dark Winter" lockdown that Biden had in store, vs Trump's back to work vision. Vegas bookies now giving Trump >80% chance of winning, he started out the night below 30% IIRC. I have several personal bets going with many friends and family tonight, my bar cabinet is getting replenished.
Cal88
sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

BearForce2 said:

It's really not clear, since mail-in votes haven't been counted and are expected to be heavily blue. So we'll have to wait and see.

The Great Pumpkin is not going to come.
BearForce2
Democrats are not going to concede this, there are issues in PA and GA.
AZ looks like it's going to Biden.
Unit2Sucks
Cal88 said:

NASDAQ futures up nearly 3%, markets up, they don't like the idea of the "Dark Winter" lockdown that Biden had in store, vs Trump's back to work vision. Vegas bookies now giving Trump >80% chance of winning, he started out the night below 30% IIRC. I have several personal bets going with many friends and family tonight, my bar cabinet is getting replenished.
This doesn't make any sense. You have repeatedly said that COVID is virtually gone in the US and we all know Trump said we are "rounding the turn." Biden wouldn't be in a position to lock down the country for almost 3 months so surely you believe COVID will be long gone by then.
Cal88
sycasey
Cal88 said:

Little out of date.

Note: this is what can happen with the early votes being counted last.
bearister
Saleha Mohsin on Twitter: "Wisconsin says there's no way they are announcing a winner tonight Michigan needs until Friday Pennsylvania isn't coming out anytime soon, either Per officials in those states" / Twitter

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
sycasey
NY Times projection in Georgia now leaning Biden. Atlanta and suburbs hadn't been counted at all, but now coming in.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/us/elections/results-georgia-president.html

Wild night.
hanky1
The Chinese Yuan is crashing. LOL

The Chinese have conceded the election to Trump
concordtom
sycasey said:

NY Times projection in Georgia now leaning Biden. Atlanta and suburbs hadn't been counted at all, but now coming in.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/us/elections/results-georgia-president.html

Wild night.
Last time I looked, Osoff was getting killed. Run-off in the other Sen race, but that doesn't look good either.
I hope you're right, because Sen Peters is losing in Michigan, too.

This night is a ****ing disaster as far as I'm concerned. So depressed. Worst news of my life.
bearister
It is like a thread during a Cal basketball game when 3/4 of the posters have Cal written off....and then Cal wins.
sycasey
concordtom said:

sycasey said:

Wild night.
Last time I looked, Osoff was getting killed. Run-off in the other Sen race, but that doesn't look good either.

This night is a ****ing disaster as far as I'm concerned. So depressed. Worst news of my life.

Just hold off on drawing any conclusions. COVID has made this a weird election, with large numbers of mail-in ballots in big cities being counted late. Those could swing everything by a lot.
concordtom
bearister said:

It is like a thread during a Cal basketball game when 3/4 of the posters have Cal written off....and then Cal wins.
No.
It looks more like 2016.
Shock and horror.
bearister
Is Covid Brain Fog a basis for negating a ballot?
concordtom
sycasey said:

concordtom said:

sycasey said:

Wild night.

Just hold off on drawing any conclusions. COVID has made this a weird election, with large numbers of mail-in ballots in big cities being counted late. Those could swing everything by a lot.
Thanks for the encouragement. But my heart has been filled with absolute hatred for Trump and Trumpism for the past 4+ years, and at this point, I give up. I can't do this anymore. I don't want to care about America anymore. There are far too many complete F-ing Idiots in this country. The city on a hill is actually one big ****hole.
bearister
tRump is going to get gored...Al Gored. He will lose by 4 hanging chads.

dimitrig
concordtom said:

bearister said:

No.
It looks more like 2016.
Shock and horror.

The polls were wrong. They were wrong before.

Why?

A lot of people are ashamed to admit to pollsters that they support the GOP.

These people are in the minority in this country and they know it so they do a walk of shame to polling booth.

They will be on the wrong side of history.

I am proud to live in California where apparently some of the only sane people in this country live.

concordtom
Absolutely. They've long been on the wrong side of history.
At this point, I'm banking on continued immigration to push the white people into a minority position (projected 2050, 49%).

I think this is just pure racism, plain and simple.
bearister
" A lot of people are ashamed to admit to pollsters that they support the GOP."

They should be ashamed to admit it in the company of decent human beings.
concordtom
bearister said:

" A lot of people are ashamed to admit to pollsters that they support the GOP."

They should be ashamed to admit it in the company of decent human beings.
I have a hard time accepting that there is NO funny business going on in the background that we have no idea about.

2x all polling efforts accept for one guy is wrong?
2x Trump ends up winning? Despite being a total prik?
dimitrig
concordtom said:

Absolutely. They've long been on the wrong side of history.
At this point, I'm banking on continued immigration to push the white people into a minority position (projected 2050, 49%).

I think this is just pure racism, plain and simple.

Most of those folks wouldn't call themselves racist. You probably wouldn't either. They have black and Latino friends and coworkers that they like and get along with. They are just trying to preserve the status quo. That doing so means that they are keeping other people down is lost on them, because they think that hard work is enough to overcome obstacles. They resent having to compete in a global marketplace. They think that because Trump supports white people he is on their side against globalism. It's not racist, per se. It's just misguided.

concordtom
Well said, D.

It's the equivalent of the "shy Trump voter". The "shy racist". Closet.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.