Final Election Prediction

117,438 Views | 1183 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by concordtom
BearChemist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
smh said:

BearChemist said:

GA gap is down to 18k, with 50k absentee ballots left. And there are also oversea ballots as well as cured ballots. I would guess Biden has 60% chance to win, nonetheless GA will be recounted like WI.
i forget stuff but hasn't 45 P.O'd overseas military enough to lose their support yet?
You never know. Also unclear how many military ballots are there, but GA may have a lot of them.
GMP

Lol. Our President is too stupid for his own good.
AunBear89
GMP said:

Wow! All caps - he must really mean it. And it doesn't look unhinged at all.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
sycasey
GMP said:

Stop the count!

But only in Pennsylvania, not in Arizona!
B.A. Bearacus
Bear_Territory
Pretty amazing how Republicans won everything (more house seats, looks like they will keep the senate, state houses in a redistricting cycle) except the Presidency.
GMP
Bear_Territory said:

Pretty amazing how Republicans won everything (more house seats, looks like they will keep the senate, state houses in a redistricting cycle) except the Presidency.

Yes, considering Biden is up 4M votes, it illustrates just how undemocratic our constitutional set up is.
bearister
GMP said:

Bear_Territory said:

Yes, considering Biden is up 4M votes, it illustrates just how undemocratic our constitutional set up is.

"The tactically unique thing about Trumpism is that it never even tries to get the support of the majority of Americans. So the G.O.P. will continue with the strategy of using every legal, but democratically deeply harmful, way to control power even though most Americans vote against them like the way they just crammed through two Supreme Court justices."

...That means all the stresses on the American system of government will continue to grow, Mukunda added, because in our antiquated electoral system, Republicans theoretically can control both the White House and the Senate despite the desires of a large majority of the American people. "No system can survive that kind of stress," he concluded. "It will break at some point."

Thomas Friedman, NY Times
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
golden sloth
GMP said:

Bear_Territory said:

Also, it should be noted that down ballot struggles in a high turnout election suggest that the platform and campaign that Biden ran on is not the issue. It suggests that a lot of people voted Republican and for Biden.
dimitrig
golden sloth said:

GMP said:

Bear_Territory said:

Also, it should be noted that down ballot struggles in a high turnout election suggest that the platform and campaign that Biden ran on is not the issue. It suggests that a lot of people voted Republican and for Biden.

I don't think there were a lot of crossover votes in most states. New Hampshire (where Republican Sununu held his governorship) and Maine (where Collins won and is very disappointing) are two glaring exceptions. North Carolina governership is another (incumbent Dem winning) but all the rest went the way the Presidential race went.

In states where Biden won he also won the Senate seats and same of Trump (again except in Maine).

Other downballot elections like for the House and state assembly are often gerrymandered such that in many states the high population blue centers are underrepresented.

BearForce2
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
GoOskie
This just in: Republicans find another whistleblower who claims Hillary's emails were proven to be on Hunter's laptop while Obama spied on tRump as he sat (shat?) upon his golden toilet. Gym Jordan afraid whistle blower may be in danger of abduction by aliens in cahoots with Democrats.
BearForce2
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearChemist
Some people are either too stupid to understand what same-day voter registration is (spoiler alert: you can do it in MN and WI), or purposely spread conspiracy theory to divide the country. I can the latter un-patriotic and deplorable.
BearForce2
BearForce2
BearForce2
Unit2Sucks
GoOskie said:

Many states (including NV and AZ) have laws that should prevent these shenanigans from being effective. I don't think this dog will hunt, particularly if Trump needs to flip 4+ states. This just shows how anti-democratic Trump is and should be shunned by all Republicans with any sort of pretense of respecting our democracy.

smh
Unit2Sucks said:

Many states (including NV and AZ) have laws that should prevent these shenanigans from being effective. I don't think this dog will hunt, particularly if Trump needs to flip 4+ states. This just shows how anti-democratic Trump is and should be shunned by all Republicans with any sort of pretense of respecting our democracy.
treason much?
dimitrig
Unit2Sucks said:

GoOskie said:

If only there had been a way to remove him from office earlier this year...
blungld
GMP said:

OK. That makes Biden president.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
smh
dimitrig said:

If only there had been a way to remove him from office earlier this year...

BearForce2
okaydo
BearForce2
okaydo

BearForce2
It's upsetting me and my ancestors must understand that after 20 years, Florida got their votes in fast. But they're cheating in other states.
okaydo

AunBear89
The only people cheating have an R after their names. Suck it up, crybaby.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
B.A. Bearacus
Very nice.

bearister
NO AVERAGE JOE Joe Biden 'on track to get 80MILLION votes' and shatters all-time popular vote record

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Unit2Sucks
To no one's surprise, Trump is going to be the sorest loser in US history. I hope that at some point the people who surround him will see the writing on the wall and step up and stop him from doing even more damage to our institutions but nothing we've seen to date would support that they will do so.

The fact that he was elected once and almost re-elected tells you all you need to know about the frailty of our democracy and the failure of American culture to protect us.
SBGold
a lot of overseas military ballots have not come in yet according to Georgia, so stop the count?
okaydo

dajo9
I've been off this site since Monday and just read this thread from page 4.

What a ride.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.