The Official Impeach tRump Thread

141,433 Views | 1639 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bearister
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Professor Turgeson Bear said:

okaydo said:

For those of you who know who this guy is, maaannnn..

Just cause you killed a terrorist doesn't mean you're not an idiot

I heard him on Howard Stern a few years ago, and he went out of his way to credit Obama for the bin Laden raid (as you know, conservatives like to credit Bush for the Osama raid).

I don't follow him on Twitter, and I'm seen bits of partisanship retweeted into my timeline.

But going after Vindman? (Also the comments are all military and non-military people hating on Vindman.)

So it goes in the Trump era -- if you're not with the president, you're a disgrace to our country. Or not a real hero, in McCain's case.
okaydo

bearister
Good stuff. I'll watch The Union.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
kelly09
Professor Turgeson Bear said:

kelly09 said:

The bad new is that a year from now DJT will still be president. Cheer up, you will have this OT board to vent on.Its gonna be really great!.
I look forward to your tears in a year
bearister
bearister
Fox's Wallace confronts Dershowitz with clip arguing crime not necessary for impeachment | TheHill

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/479958-foxs-wallace-confronts-dershowitz-with-clip-arguing-allegations-of
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/479958-foxs-wallace-confronts-dershowitz-with-clip-arguing-allegations-of%3famp

Trump impeachment trial: what you need to know

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jan/26/donald-trump-impeachment-trial-senate?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
BearForce2
blungld said:

kelly09 said:

...I find both Schiff and Nadler despicable...
This just boggles my mind.

For whatever poor reason I can at least understand if you disagreed with his argument, but he is despicable??? He is despicable but Trump and his group who are breaking laws and lying about them and tearing apart the fabric of the country are good and right--not despicable?

I just don't even know where to start with that or how to ask a question that can unlock your heart, brain, and truth.

You honestly do not see an ethical and well-reasoned person in Schiff who is exactly what we should all hope for in our public servants? Where does this country go if you hate this man just because he is on the other team? He should be admired and praised. He will go down in history as a patriot and the hero of these proceedings.

Your mind is boggled as you said. Patriot? You can put DC politicians like Schiff on a pedestal and worship them if you want but don't expect others to understand you.
BearForce2
When Schiff hits the fan.

prospeCt
https://thehustle.co/the-economics-of-all-you-can-eat-buffets/

B.A. Bearacus
GOP coverup takes a big hit.
BearChemist
Soon we will see Bolton memes on this board, me thinks.
B.A. Bearacus

BearChemist
Trying to listen what WH defense team is trying to present, but.... can anyone here help me understand what Ken Starr is saying?
NYCGOBEARS
BearChemist said:

Trying to listen what WH defense team is trying to present, but.... can anyone here help me understand what Ken Starr is saying?

A whole string of hypocrisy and lack of irony. Impeachment is too common was the beginning. He just said that Congress needs to practice more oversight and that's when I knew he was just making stuff up.
blungld
The defense of Trump:

"He didn't do ANYTHING wrong. It is totally perfect. Having other countries rather than our own justice department investigate American citizens is totally normal and fine. And if you don't say the words quid pro quo then you didn't do it. And in American trial system we never take evidence or witnesses, what we do is ask the accused if they did it or not and then that is that. You can't investigate or indict or even question a president...starting now. And the framers totally agree with what we say they meant no matter what words they said. And no matter how much testimony and evidence that totally aligns with the articles of impeachment, there is no evidence and he is innocent. And there is nothing new in the impeachment trial and we ban all new information in the impeachment trial. And hiding evidence and witnesses is not obstruction it is a vital executive right...starting now. And you can't undo an election (other impeachments were not undoing elections) and you must trust the next election that is already under attack (passing laws to stop foreign interference is also undoing elections). Voter suppression and gerrymandering is respecting the vote of the American people as is dark money and profiteering and violating emoluments. I mean basically anything Trump does is totally defensible and every opinion that disagrees is an act of unpatriotic disloyalty from evil deep state never trumpers...and we will accuse Democrats of everything we actually do...and we don't really believe any of the pretend principles we say because the ends justify the means (tax cuts for the rich!) no matter how the country suffers or democracy and the constitution fails because my tribe must win!"
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
blungld
B.A. Bearacus said:

The ongoing Card says Moops of never having a sincerely held position. Just keep arguing day to day whatever is against the other team--who cares if it is different every day or self-contradictory. What comes out of your mouth (or keyboard) need only be "true" that second, not actually true.

That is precisely what is so crazy making about all of this, you can not have a conversation or "debate" with insincere positions.
BearNIt
The attempt by the Idiot in Chief's defense team is laughable. Watching Kenn Starr attempting to navigate positions that he held during the Clinton Impeachment is stunning. Bondi's attempt to parrot a conspiracy theory as fact shows that they are stretching in an attempt to make Biden the target of this hearing even if it is through Hunter Biden is sad. Dershowitz trying to argue some theory that is widely seen as not being accepted by the mainstream legal community is a big problem for the defense. Other defense team members arguing that a President can't be impeached no matter what because he is President, or because no matter how bad his actions were that they don't rise to the level of an impeachable offense. They seem to be arguing everything but the facts. People are not stupid, they know when something is not fair.
blungld
BearNIt said:

The attempt by the Idiot in Chief's defense team is laughable. Watching Kenn Starr attempting to navigate positions that he held during the Clinton Impeachment is stunning. Bondi's attempt to parrot a conspiracy theory as fact shows that they are stretching in an attempt to make Biden the target of this hearing even if it is through Hunter Biden is sad. Dershowitz trying to argue some theory that is widely seen as not being accepted by the mainstream legal community is a big problem for the defense. Other defense team members arguing that a President can't be impeached no matter what because he is President, or because no matter how bad his actions were that they don't rise to the level of an impeachable offense. They seem to be arguing everything but the facts. People are not stupid, they know when something is not fair.

They are just short of arguing that a president should decide if he/she has broken the law and if it is impeachable or not.
BearForce2
bearister
"Alan Dershowitz has represented a series of celebrity clients, including Mike Tyson, Patty Hearst, and Jim Bakker. His most notable cases included the successful appeal of Claus von Bulow's 1982 conviction for the attempted murder of his wife, Sunny, and the 1995 O. J. Simpson murder trial." Wikipedia

You can add tRump's name to this stable of clients. What does everyone on the list have in common?
BearNIt
Not buying the McConnell statement that he doesn't have the votes to block witnesses. I'm more likely to think that this was put out to give Republicans a safe space before the vote to block witnesses. The end game is that they will block witnesses after deliberating giving the process the cover of legitimacy. I would like to be wrong, but McConnell is good at what he does and is hugging the Idiot in Chief with all he has got right now
B.A. Bearacus
sycasey
BearNIt said:

Not buying the McConnell statement that he doesn't have the votes to block witnesses. I'm more likely to think that this was put out to give Republicans a safe space before the vote to block witnesses. The end game is that they will block witnesses after deliberating giving the process the cover of legitimacy. I would like to be wrong, but McConnell is good at what he does and is hugging the Idiot in Chief with all he has got right now
If McConnell really controlled all he wouldn't have let John McCain embarrass him on the health care vote. If he had the votes he would probably be saying so.

That's not to say he couldn't eventually get them.
bearister

bearister
Sir Adam Schiff, Defender of the Realm

*...and your worse f@ucking nightmare if he is coming for you. HE IS THE DANGER!

If tRump calls Congressman Schiff "Pencil Neck," what does he call Patrick Philbin behind his back?

You must have to be a rocket scientist to pass the Bar Exam in Florida.

" Trump's team is focused on the precedent they will set if they allow witnesses. Patrick Philbin, an attorney for Trump, argues that the House process was insufficient and if they concede on the witness vote, then future impeachment proceedings will insist on investigations continuing in the Senate.
Reality check via the N.Y. Times: "Frank O. Bowman III, a University of Missouri law professor and the author of a recent book on impeachment whose scholarly work on the topic was cited by Mr. Trump's legal defense team in a brief, called Mr. Philbin's claim 'a complete fantasy' and 'made up.'" Axios
bearister

The Federalist Society

Yogi14
I'm afraid you've misjudged me
BearChemist
bearister
BearForce2
blungld
Don't you know that elections are for picking the person we let do whatever they want without any accountability? Duh. That's what it has ALWAYS been. Why don't you Deep Staters understand this is how democracy works? Maybe we better take your vote...and then your party away. Traitors.
B.A. Bearacus
Cowards come forth.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.