The Official Impeach tRump Thread

141,497 Views | 1639 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bearister
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm confused why tRump's witnesses that have first hand knowledge (Mulvaney, Pompeo, etc.) are not willing to come in and perjure themselves. They have no ethics or morals and they can just claim Bolton and others are the liars.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
NYCGOBEARS
bearister said:

I'm confused why tRump's witnesses that have first hand knowledge (Mulvaney, Pompeo, etc.) are not willing to come in and perjure themselves. They have no ethics or morals and they can just claim Bolton and others are the liars.

Those corrupt pieces of sh$t don't want even more exposure than they already have. They all have a lot riding on this turning out well for Trump.
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
Collins is a yes.

Yogi14
B.A. Bearacus said:

Collins is a yes.

"If this motion passes, I believe that the most sensible way to proceed would be for the House Managers and the President's attorneys to attempt to agree on a limited and equal number of witnesses for each side. If they can't agree, then the Senate could choose the number of witnesses."
B.A. Bearacus

Yogi14
Collins won re-election by a wide margin in 2014. On the other hand, she is the only Republican official from Maine in Congress. Is her seat in danger?
B.A. Bearacus
Yes, 50% disapproval in Maine.
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
Well gents, it's game over. It was nice to think that there was more than one respectable Republican senator other than Mitt Romney (and maybe... Murkowski, tbd). All the others are an embarrassment to our country.
sycasey
It ain't over. The damaging info will continue to come out over time. Gotta hang this around these Senators' heads.
kjkbear
I'm old enough to have had my summers interrupted by the Watergate hearings. Even 12-year-old kids knew who Haldeman, Erlichman, Mitchell and Dean were.

Running an impeachment trial on Ukraine ??Trump is the worst president of my lifetime. But trying to remove him like this? If 70% of the public really thinks this was a sham, then vote him out. But I seriously doubt most people really care about this trial.
Unit2Sucks
Interesting that Alexander acknowledges that what Trump did was bad (eg not "perfect") but that he doesn't care.

Wonder if Trump will leave that alone or will continue to insist that he is infallible and can continue to misconduct.
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

Well gents, it's game over. It was nice to think that there was more than one respectable Republican senator other than Mitt Romney (and maybe... Murkowski, tbd). All the others are an embarrassment to our country.

The legacies of the Republican senators will be forever tied to tRump's in the history books. Since tRump is now unchained his misdeeds will only increase in scale. That cannot be a pleasant prospect for them.
Yogi14
B.A. Bearacus said:

Yes, 50% disapproval in Maine.
Thanks
kjkbear
I don't believe most people on this board are really this bothered by the result. As Cal graduates none of us could seriously think a president could be removed for Ukraine issues. We need the Democratic Party to give us a solid candidate we want to be president and beat Trump. This exercise was a failure. Nancy Pelosi will always be the little girl who held the bag of impeachment articles for 30 days. Leaders lead. They don't leave themselves holding the bag.
Yogi14
kjkbear said:

I'm old enough to have had my summers interrupted by the Watergate hearings. Even 12-year-old kids knew who Haldeman, Erlichman, Mitchell and Dean were.

Running an impeachment trial on Ukraine ??Trump is the worst president of my lifetime. But trying to remove him like this? If 70% of the public really thinks this was a sham, then vote him out. But I seriously doubt most people really care about this trial.
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/479973-fox-news-poll-half-of-americans-say-trump-should-be-convicted-and
sycasey
kjkbear said:

Except this vote wasn't about removal. It was just about bringing witnesses before the Senate. It's a massively unpopular move to prevent that.
kjkbear
We will see if this Unpopular move has any fall out. The election is 10 months away. I don't know a single person on either side who has changed their view of the president. Do you? I'm curious. I know no one who has changed their views since October.
bearister
Professor Turgeson Bear said:

kjkbear said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/479973-fox-news-poll-half-of-americans-say-trump-should-be-convicted-and

I think tRump has to dump Fox News as the Official Propaganda Arm of the Administration. That poll is obviously a sham and Chris Wallace is a stooge of the Deep State. RT is the only outlet that can be trusted.

BearForce2

I should run, I can beat Biden using the same Ukraine playbook. I'm not clowning around here.
sycasey
kjkbear said:

We will see if this Unpopular move has any fall out. The election is 10 months away. I don't know a single person on either side who has changed their view of the president. Do you? I'm curious. I know no one who has changed their views since October.

This isn't about the President, it's about the Senators. Given 70+% approval of calling witnesses, there must be some people who approve of Trump but also wanted to see a real trial. Presumably some of those folks can be peeled off to vote for Democrats instead.
Yogi14
sycasey said:

kjkbear said:

This isn't about the President, it's about the Senators. Given 70+% approval of calling witnesses, there must be some people who approve of Trump but also wanted to see a real trial. Presumably some of those folks can be peeled off to vote for Democrats instead.
All depends on how many senators are in peril. Glad to see Collins is in peril. I don't know how many other seats are realistically in play.

Very red states will stay very red. Tribe over facts.
dajo9
Lamar Alexander's final legacy -

IOKIYAR
bearister
Trump attorney Jay Sekulow's family's $65 million from their charity

https://mol.im/a/7949727

tRump, his family, associates and consiglieres:

sycasey
Professor Turgeson Bear said:

sycasey said:

kjkbear said:

All depends on how many senators are in peril. Glad to see Collins is in peril. I don't know how many other seats are realistically in play.

Very red states will stay very red. Tribe over facts.

AZ, CO, NC are realistic pickups along with ME.
dajo9
The Dems will only take the Senate in a blue wave election. We haven't seen a wave election in a Presidential election year since 1984, so it is unlikely.

Realistic Dem pickups:
AZ
CO
ME

Realistic Rep pickups:
AL

Wild cards Republican held:
NC
GA
GA
IA
OdontoBear66
BearForce2 said:

I should run, I can beat Biden using the same Ukraine playbook. I'm not clowning around here.
Looks like California's future Senator.
dajo9
OdontoBear66 said:

And a strong future candidate for President
OdontoBear66
dajo9 said:

OdontoBear66 said:

Probably so, dajo....Someone recently said: "Having Adam Schiff lecturing the Senate about fairness and due process is like having an arsonist lecture on fire prevention."
NYCGOBEARS
OdontoBear66 said:

dajo9 said:

OdontoBear66 said:

Probably so, dajo....Someone recently said: "Having Adam Schiff lecturing the Senate about fairness and due process is like having an arsonist lecture on fire prevention."
Yeah, who said that? Spewing talking points heard from the enablers of a proven serial liar doesn't give you any credibility. Schiff is a patriot. Thank goodness for him. Many former GOP stalwarts have agreed with me.
NYCGOBEARS
sycasey
The Senate Republicans may be able to end their sham trial quickly now, but it's not going to stop the evidence from coming out. The gradual revelations over the course of the upcoming campaign may actually hurt them more.

https://truthout.org/articles/john-bolton-is-a-shark-and-theres-blood-in-the-water/

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/01/senate-impeachment-trial-evidence-bolton-cover-up-trump-ukraine.html
B.A. Bearacus
Unit2Sucks
dajo9 said:

OdontoBear66 said:

Schiff isn't a presidential type but he should be attorney general.

As for Lamar Alexander - on the one hand I give him credit for acknowledging wrongdoing but I am disappointed he isn't voting to convict. I think McConnell should have made a deal to get to like 65 votes to convict. That would send a strong message to Trump that what he did was wrong and actually serve as deterrence. What they've done instead is make a narcissist feel even more invincible. I'm sure that will end well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.