Now that Elon will own twitter on Friday or Monday..

125,793 Views | 1694 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by chazzed
movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
movielover
Eastern Oregon Bear
movielover said:

Obviously, Andy Ngo (or anybody else) getting beaten up is detestable, but his self-congratulatory tone and the references to himself in heroic terms is undercutting his message. Could be the lingering cognitive issues he mentions. Also, I find it hard to believe the attackers stopped because someone yelled "Get off!"
oski003
okaydo said:

oski003 said:

okaydo said:

Wow, this is a petty attack on Musk. The left is losing its mind over Musk's Twitter takeover.

He flat out lied about a devastating experience, I guess that you enjoy being led to, too.

Wow, they really owned that guy whose baby died either in his own arms or a foot away from him. Nice job!
sycasey
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

movielover said:

Obviously, Andy Ngo (or anybody else) getting beaten up is detestable, but his self-congratulatory tone and the references to himself in heroic terms is undercutting his message. Could be the lingering cognitive issues he mentions. Also, I find it hard to believe the attackers stopped because someone yelled "Get off!"

At this point Ngo is willingly putting himself in harm's way every time he tries to do a story like this. He knows these groups know who he is and what will happen.

Should he be attacked? No. But when does his common sense kick in? A journalist should be reporting the story, not making himself the story.
movielover
Last I read after these attacks, he relocated abroad. He's a brave journalist.
dimitrig
oski003 said:

okaydo said:

oski003 said:

okaydo said:

Wow, this is a petty attack on Musk. The left is losing its mind over Musk's Twitter takeover.

He flat out lied about a devastating experience, I guess that you enjoy being led to, too.

Wow, they really owned that guy whose baby died either in his own arms or a foot away from him. Nice job!

It was his ex-wife who decided it was an important enough distinction to correct.

oski003
dimitrig said:

oski003 said:

okaydo said:

oski003 said:

okaydo said:

It was his ex-wife who decided it was an important enough distinction to correct.

Wow, you, okaydo, others with EDS, and the guys ex-wife really owned that guy whose baby died either in his own arms or a foot away from him. Nice job!
dajo9
oski003 said:

dimitrig said:

oski003 said:

okaydo said:

oski003 said:

okaydo said:

Wow, you, okaydo, others with EDS, and the guys ex-wife really owned that guy whose baby died either in his own arms or a foot away from him. Nice job!

Yes, the guys ex wife owned him. The dead babies mother pointed out his lies for us all to see. Imagine what a ***** he is for that to happen.
American Vermin
wraptor347
okaydo
LOL.

DiabloWags
okaydo said:

oski003 said:

I've found that most Trumpanzees enjoy being conned.

Especially the one's who are knee-deep in QAnon conspiracy theories and contrary thought.
Makes them feel like they "know" something special that no one else knows anything about.

Makes them feel IMPORTANT.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
okaydo
oski003
DiabloWags said:

okaydo said:

oski003 said:

I've found that most Trumpanzees enjoy being conned.

Especially the one's who are knee-deep in QAnon conspiracy theories and contrary thought.
Makes them feel like they "know" something special that no one else knows anything about.

Makes them feel IMPORTANT.

We were talking about outrage over Musk saying his baby died in his arms when his ex-wife said his baby actually died in her arms. What does this have to do with Trumpanzees and Qanon?
okaydo
movielover
movielover
Phase One of the Twitter Files drop tonight.

movielover

movielover

MinotStateBeav

yep
AunBear89
Nope
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
sycasey
Twitter clearly made a bad call in aggressively censoring that story. However, it was also widely reported in places other than Twitter, so I'm not sure I'm buying that this really had that much impact.

Also, Richard Medhurst literally works for Iranian state-run media, so I don't think he has a leg to stand on when it comes to government censorship.
dajo9
Now do Fox News.

Fox News and other right wing media slant coverage every day. How is what Twitter did worse than what the right does every day?
American Vermin
sycasey

dajo9
MinotStateBeav said:

yep

What are you talking about? That Taibbi confirmed there was no government involvement in the media response to the laptop story is the biggest reveal of Taibbi's thread to nowhere.
American Vermin
sycasey
dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

yep

What are you talking about? That Taibbi confirmed there was no government involvement in the media response to the laptop story is the biggest reveal of Taibbi's thread to nowhere.

Yup, Twitter effed this up on their own. The government didn't have to do anything.
Unit2Sucks
GOP is delusional if it thinks the laptop would have impacted the election. Trump is under investigation for countless crimes and his family is a bunch of fraudsters who participated in the government and have reaped the financial rewards for doing so.

Hunter and Don Jr have similar habits, but Hunter apparently is dumb enough to document them.

Trump lost by 8m votes and you have to be a lunatic to think some stupid stories about Hunter Biden would have moved the needle. I haven't heard a single GOPer on BI claim that Trump family shenanigans would impact their decision to vote for him in 2024 so why would they expect the Hunter stuff to have impacted 2020? I mean, FFS, Trump has his Access Hollywood tape and still won because the GOP never cared about character.

It's like sports fans who want fouls/infractions to be called on their opponent and ignore every missed call that benefits them.

Trump was and is incredibly unpopular with anyone who has half a brain and that was the story of the election. Hunter has nothing to do with that narrative and after the Comey/FBI nonsense in 2016, the country wasn't going to let a stupid non issue impact the election.
movielover
dajo9 said:

Now do Fox News.

Fox News and other right wing media slant coverage every day. How is what Twitter did worse than what the right does every day?

The Elon Musk Release, Phase One Documents show the U.S. Government instructed Twitter to remove political content, a clear First Amendment violation
movielover
dajo9
movielover said:

dajo9 said:

Now do Fox News.

The Elon Musk Release, Phase One Documents show the U.S. Government instructed Twitter to remove political content, a clear First Amendment violation

1. Matt Taibbi says the opposite.
2. Trump was President so you are accusing him.
3. Post your evidence to your claim.
American Vermin
dajo9
sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

yep

Yup, Twitter effed this up on their own. The government didn't have to do anything.

Twitter didn't eff up. Twitter did what it wanted to do. Just like Fox News does.
American Vermin
sycasey
dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

yep

Twitter didn't eff up. Twitter did what it wanted to do. Just like Fox News does.

IMO Twitter's action allowed the story more attention than it would have gotten otherwise (ultimately, voters don't really care about Hunter Biden). I don't think they got their desired result.
dajo9
sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

yep

IMO Twitter's action allowed the story more attention than it would have gotten otherwise (ultimately, voters don't really care about Hunter Biden). I don't think they got their desired result.

I disagree. That story was the chosen right wing story for that election. Like Hillary's emails in 2016, the caravan in 2018, and crime in 2022. Right wing media will boost their story at all costs. They rely on that forcing corporate media to do the same. The fact that corporate media didn't take the bait on this non-story is a good thing.
American Vermin
MinotStateBeav
dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

yep

I disagree. That story was the chosen right wing story for that election. Like caravans in 2018 and crime in 2022. Right wing media will boost their story at all costs. They rely on that forcing corporate media to do the same. The fact that corporate media didn't take the bait on this non-story is a good thing.
Well it's more like a story of truth. The FBI had Hunters laptop on them and was advising Facebook and others not to trust the laptop story. Zuckerberg said on Rogan that the social media companies had weekly "Security briefings" with the FBI. He essentially said the FBI advised him that the story was russian disinfo. They immediately stopped the story from having any reach after. Days later, the rest of the soc media companies followed suit. Strange that...
dajo9
MinotStateBeav said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

yep

I disagree. That story was the chosen right wing story for that election. Like caravans in 2018 and crime in 2022. Right wing media will boost their story at all costs. They rely on that forcing corporate media to do the same. The fact that corporate media didn't take the bait on this non-story is a good thing.
Well it's more like a story of truth. The FBI had Hunters laptop on them and was advising Facebook and others not to trust the laptop story. Zuckerberg said on Rogan that the social media companies had weekly "Security briefings" with the FBI. He essentially said the FBI advised him that the story was russian disinfo. They immediately stopped the story from having any reach after. Days later, the rest of the soc media companies followed suit. Strange that...

Post a link. Matt Taibbi just said no such thing happened with Twitter in his thread to nowhere. Also, that was during Trump's Presidency so you must be really mad at Trump if you believe that.
American Vermin

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.