Now that Elon will own twitter on Friday or Monday..

125,216 Views | 1694 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by chazzed
movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MinotStateBeav said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

yep

What are you talking about? That Taibbi confirmed there was no government involvement in the media response to the laptop story is the biggest reveal of Taibbi's thread to nowhere.

Yup, Twitter effed this up on their own. The government didn't have to do anything.

Twitter didn't eff up. Twitter did what it wanted to do. Just like Fox News does.

IMO Twitter's action allowed the story more attention than it would have gotten otherwise (ultimately, voters don't really care about Hunter Biden). I don't think they got their desired result.

I disagree. That story was the chosen right wing story for that election. Like caravans in 2018 and crime in 2022. Right wing media will boost their story at all costs. They rely on that forcing corporate media to do the same. The fact that corporate media didn't take the bait on this non-story is a good thing.
Well it's more like a story of truth. The FBI had Hunters laptop on them and was advising Facebook and others not to trust the laptop story. Zuckerberg said on Rogan that the social media companies had weekly "Security briefings" with the FBI. He essentially said the FBI advised him that the story was russian disinfo. They immediately stopped the story from having any reach after. Days later, the rest of the soc media companies followed suit. Strange that...

Don't forget 51 lying Intell officials who claim it was all "Russian disinformation".
movielover
Unit2Sucks
Does movielover think seeing Hunter's junk would really help Trump win the election? Are GOPers that deranged?

dajo9
dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

yep

What are you talking about? That Taibbi confirmed there was no government involvement in the media response to the laptop story is the biggest reveal of Taibbi's thread to nowhere.

Yup, Twitter effed this up on their own. The government didn't have to do anything.

Twitter didn't eff up. Twitter did what it wanted to do. Just like Fox News does.

IMO Twitter's action allowed the story more attention than it would have gotten otherwise (ultimately, voters don't really care about Hunter Biden). I don't think they got their desired result.

I disagree. That story was the chosen right wing story for that election. Like caravans in 2018 and crime in 2022. Right wing media will boost their story at all costs. They rely on that forcing corporate media to do the same. The fact that corporate media didn't take the bait on this non-story is a good thing.
Well it's more like a story of truth. The FBI had Hunters laptop on them and was advising Facebook and others not to trust the laptop story. Zuckerberg said on Rogan that the social media companies had weekly "Security briefings" with the FBI. He essentially said the FBI advised him that the story was russian disinfo. They immediately stopped the story from having any reach after. Days later, the rest of the soc media companies followed suit. Strange that...

Post a link. Matt Taibbi just said no such thing happened with Twitter in his thread to nowhere. Also, that was during Trump's Presidency so you must be really mad at Trump if you believe that.

Pretty quiet in here once I started asking righties to post links to support their claims
American Vermin
oski003
dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

yep

Post a link. Matt Taibbi just said no such thing happened with Twitter in his thread to nowhere. Also, that was during Trump's Presidency so you must be really mad at Trump if you believe that.

Pretty quiet in here once I started asking righties to post links to support their claims

As many of us have long suspected, there were back channels between Twitter and the Biden 2020 presidential campaign and the Democratic National Committee (DNC) to ban critics or remove negative stories. Those seeking to discuss the scandal were simply "handled," and nothing else had to be said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/3760753-censorship-by-surrogate-why-musks-document-dump-could-be-a-game-changer/amp/

There also is James Baker, the controversial former FBI general counsel involved in the bureau's Russia collusion investigation. He left the FBI and became Twitter's deputy general counsel.

The internal company documents released by Musk reinforce what we have seen previously in other instances of Twitter censorship. A recent federal filing revealed a 2021 email between Twitter executives and Carol Crawford, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's digital media chief. Crawford's back-channel communication sought to censor other "unapproved opinions" on social media; Twitter replied that "with our CEO testifying before Congress this week [it] is tricky."

At the time, Twitter's Dorsey and other tech CEOs were about to appear at a House hearing to discuss "misinformation" on social media and their "content modification" policies. I had just testified on private censorship in circumventing the First Amendment as a type of censorship by surrogate. Dorsey and the other CEOs were asked about my warning of a "'little brother' problem, a problem which private entities do for the government that which it cannot legally do for itself." In response, Dorsey insisted that "we don't have a censoring department."

The implications of these documents becomes more serious once the Biden campaign became the Biden administration. These documents show a back channel existed with President Biden's campaign officials, but those same back channels appear to have continued to be used by Biden administration officials.
dajo9
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

yep

As many of us have long suspected, there were back channels between Twitter and the Biden 2020 presidential campaign and the Democratic National Committee (DNC) to ban critics or remove negative stories. Those seeking to discuss the scandal were simply "handled," and nothing else had to be said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/3760753-censorship-by-surrogate-why-musks-document-dump-could-be-a-game-changer/amp/

There also is James Baker, the controversial former FBI general counsel involved in the bureau's Russia collusion investigation. He left the FBI and became Twitter's deputy general counsel.

The internal company documents released by Musk reinforce what we have seen previously in other instances of Twitter censorship. A recent federal filing revealed a 2021 email between Twitter executives and Carol Crawford, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's digital media chief. Crawford's back-channel communication sought to censor other "unapproved opinions" on social media; Twitter replied that "with our CEO testifying before Congress this week [it] is tricky."

At the time, Twitter's Dorsey and other tech CEOs were about to appear at a House hearing to discuss "misinformation" on social media and their "content modification" policies. I had just testified on private censorship in circumventing the First Amendment as a type of censorship by surrogate. Dorsey and the other CEOs were asked about my warning of a "'little brother' problem, a problem which private entities do for the government that which it cannot legally do for itself." In response, Dorsey insisted that "we don't have a censoring department."

The implications of these documents becomes more serious once the Biden campaign became the Biden administration. These documents show a back channel existed with President Biden's campaign officials, but those same back channels appear to have continued to be used by Biden administration officials.

Backchannel? Wow. Sounds nefarious.

Both President Trump and candidate Biden made requests of Twitter that were honored. Would be nice if Fox News did the same for Democrats.
American Vermin
oski003
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

yep

Both President Trump and candidate Biden made requests of Twitter that were honored. Would be nice if Fox News did the same for Democrats.

What did the Democrats at Twitter suppress for the Republicans to help the Republicans win the presidential election?
movielover
sycasey
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

yep

What did the Democrats at Twitter suppress for the Republicans to help the Republicans win the presidential election?

I don't think it's clear that the Hunter Biden story would have had any impact on the election at all.
okaydo
There are 168 hours in a week.

There is Saturday morning. There is Monday night. There is Tuesday afternoon.

For some reason, Musk and Tabbi released this "news" at the only time of the week called "Friday News Dump."

Friday News Dump gets its name because news released toward the end of Friday because by Monday it's completely forgotten.

On Friday, HBO used the "Friday News Dump" to announce the cancelation of a critically beloved series.

So why release this news during "Friday News Dump" time? Well, because I guess they realized they had a nothingburger and decided to get it over with with as little attention as possible.

okaydo

movielover
Except it's just the first of several releases.

Hunter Biden isn't an expert on energy, Ukraine, or China. He isn't a subject matter expert, isn't an accomplished lawyer, and doesn't have decades of experience with any of these areas. And he doesn't even speak Ukranian or Mandarin.

Hunter's laptop emails allegedly reveal that "the big guy" got 10%, and that Hunter Biden was tired of paying all the expenses for the family. Not to mention tawdry family details, pictures of hookers, crack use, and explosive claims by the young women in the family.

(ShipwreckedCrew is a former DOJ attorney with decades of experience as an attorney.)

movielover

RedState: Hunter Biden Was Set to Earn Millions For "Making Introductions" for the Benefit of Chinese Intelligence Operatives

By Shipwreckedcrew | 8:00 AM on October 15, 2020

"...Hunter Biden, drug addict and general ne're do well, is negotiating eight-figure "consulting" deals with Chinese businessmen tied to Chinese military just for making introductions and the world is supposed to shrug?..."

"...The terms as outlined included that six individuals identified by Hunter would receive "remuneration packages" from the venture. Biden was to be designated either the "Chair" or "Vice-Chair" of the enterprise depending on what CEFC would agree to....The deal also listed "10 Jim" and "10 held by H for the big guy?" Neither Jim nor the "big guy" was identified further...."

Joe Biden has a brother named James B. "Jim" Biden.
movielover
New York Post: Crony capitalism & Joe Biden's brother

"...But it got some good news not long after its housing subsidiary hired James Biden as an executive vice president in late 2010. Just six months later, Hill [International] won one of its biggest contracts ever, a $1.5 billion deal to build at least 100,000 affordable homes in Iraq.

"A good deal for Hill, a relative newcomer to building homes and for James Biden, who as one partner will get a good share of that $1.5 billion."

James Biden has apparently now moved from housing construction into health care.

"Politico: James Biden's health care ventures face a growing legal morass

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/09/james-biden-health-care-ventures-123159
dajo9
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

yep

You tell me. I'm not the one obsessed with this non-story. Maybe more revenge porn and dick pics?

A better question is why didn't Taibbi report on President Trump's requests and what were the conditions Taibbi agreed to with Musk that he admitted to on his substack?
American Vermin
Eastern Oregon Bear
movielover said:

Hunter Biden isn't an expert on energy, Ukraine, or China. He isn't a subject matter expert, isn't an accomplished lawyer, and doesn't have decades of experience with any of these areas. And he doesn't even speak Ukranian or Mandarin.

Hunter's laptop emails allegedly reveal that "the big guy" got 10%, and that Hunter Biden was tired of paying all the expenses for the family. Not to mention tawdry family details, pictures of hookers, crack use, and explosive claims by the young women in the family.

(ShipwreckedCrew is a former DOJ attorney with decades of experience as an attorney.)

It's not any more impactful when you post this tweet more than once in the same thread.

Also, your tweet doesn't even attempt to explain why Hunter Biden's millions are more outrageous than the billions The Trump family and Elon Musk got. It seems like Hunter Biden's corruption is a few orders of magnitude less than The Trumps or Elon Musk.
oski003
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

yep

You tell me. I'm not the one obsessed with this non-story. Maybe more revenge porn and dick pics?

A better question is why didn't Taibbi report on President Trump's requests and what were the conditions Taibbi agreed to with Musk that he admitted to on his substack?

Because it's practically non-existent because the staff at Twitter leans left.
oski003
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

movielover said:

It's not any more impactful when you post this tweet more than once in the same thread.

Also, your tweet doesn't even attempt to explain why Hunter Biden's millions are more outrageous than the billions The Trump family and Elon Musk got. It seems like Hunter Biden's corruption is a few orders of magnitude less than The Trumps or Elon Musk.

The issue is that the Democrats and Twitter colluded to stop the conversation for many Americans to decide on the outcome of an election. Government and big tech got together so that the public couldn't decide this issue for themselves by censoring it.
dajo9
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

yep

Post a link with your evidence
American Vermin
oski003
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

yep

That was easy. It is an open secret.

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/twitter/totals?id=D000067113
Eastern Oregon Bear
oski003 said:

movielover said:

The issue is that the Democrats and Twitter colluded to stop the conversation for many Americans to decide on the outcome of an election. Government and big tech got together so that the public couldn't decide this issue for themselves by censoring it.
I suspect you could make similar arguments for every election since the country was founded. The network news didn't cover the story about my scurrilous opponent. Time and Newsweek didn't cover the story about the scoundrel running against me. Five of the six newspapers in this town buried the embarrassing story about the other guy on page 12. The telegraph office didn't include the juiciest details about my opponent. The town crier was in the tank for my opponent, etc.

You still haven't given me a reason why I should be more outraged about Hunter Biden than about Jared Kushner and the younger Trumps. For the record, I find both sides despicable and an embarrassment.
oski003

oski003 said:

movielover said:

I suspect you could make similar arguments for every election since the country was founded. The network news didn't cover the story about my scurrilous opponent. Time and Newsweek didn't cover the story about the scoundrel running against me. Five of the six newspapers in this town buried the embarrassing story about the other guy on page 12. The telegraph office didn't include the juiciest details about my opponent. The town crier was in the tank for my opponent, etc.

Actually, twitter users did tweet about the laptop story. Democrats at the tech company then wrongly labeled it as misinformation and then took it down.
Eastern Oregon Bear
oski003 said:

oski003 said:

movielover said:

Actually, twitter users did tweet about the laptop story. Democrats at the tech company then wrongly labeled it as misinformation and then took it down.
Your initial mistake was thinking you could find news and the truth on Twitter. Also that after many, many debunked scandals, this time people would believe in the Hunter Biden story without a HUGE dose of skepticism. After all the time the laptop spent in the hands of partisan Republicans, I still have large suspicions that much of it could well be forgeries.
sycasey
oski003

oski003 said:

oski003 said:

movielover said:

Your initial mistake was thinking you could find news and the truth on Twitter. Also that after many, many debunked scandals, this time people would believe in the Hunter Biden story without a HUGE dose of skepticism. After all the time the laptop spent in the hands of partisan Republicans, I still have large suspicions that much of it could well be forgeries.

Facebook censored the story as well. People views the Hunter BIDEN story with skepticism because the government lied about it and told them too, just like their lies about Hillary's "Russian" dossier on Trump. Yes, people do use Twitter and Facebook for information, and they are incredibly influential. https://www.socialmediatoday.com/news/new-study-shows-twitter-is-the-most-used-social-media-platform-among-journa/626245/
AunBear89
sycasey said:

Conservatives have NEVER understood how the 1st A works. Or the rest of the constitution.

Liars, hypocrites, and morons.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
movielover
New York Post: FBI, Big Tech, Big Media: Partners in collusion
By Michael Goodwin

"...Moreover, as Intercept reporter Lee Fang has detailed and as a former Twitter official confirmed, the FBI held weekly meetings in Silicon Valley with tech officials about policing disinformation. Of course, their definition of disinformation was so broad as to include virtually anything that made Joe Biden or Democrats
look bad."

"But knowing all that, it still would be naive to think we know the whole story. For example, we don't know who in the FBI was running the censoring operation, whether it was a rogue outfit or came from the top. Nor do we know if the operation continues now...."

"There is also a good chance the censorship effort involved other federal agencies. Fang and his Intercept colleague Ken Klippenstein reported in October that documents and court testimony show the Department of Homeland Security has "an expansive effort . . . to influence tech platforms." ..."

"The New York Times, for example, waited four days before printing a lazy article that tried to undermine the story by saying some Post newsroom employees were uncertain of its veracity. It's shocking even now to realize Times reporters had access to Tony Bobulinski, Hunter Biden's former partner, but refused to print that he confirmed the authenticity of the email naming Joe Biden as "the big guy" slated for a secret 10% cut in a joint venture with a Chinese conglomerate...."

"Did the president of the United States profit from the selling of access to him, and is he compromised in dealing with foreign powers? No one in Big Media seems to care.

"The other possibility for media complicity is they might have gone along as a favor to their FBI minders because it fit their shared agenda to defeat Trump and elect Biden.

"After all, they were teammates in a similar effort in 2016, the Russia hoax to try to elect Hillary Clinton. That one failed and they were determined to succeed this time. So better not look too closely at Biden...."

"Another unresolved piece of that alliance is the cabal of 51 former intelligence officers who signed a letter saying the laptop had "all the earmarks" of Russian disinformation. None had seen the laptop, but their letter became the story the media seized on and offered Joe Biden a lifeline in his next debate with Trump. Some signers still defend the letter, and not one has apologized for misleading the public...."

"And lest you forget their power, remember that Joe Biden was elected president because millions of voters were not allowed to learn The Post had unmasked his deep connections to his son's corrupt schemes.

"The people who did that are not threats to democracy. They are its destroyers."

https://nypost.com/2022/12/03/fbi-big-tech-big-media-partners-in-collusion/
dajo9
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

yep

That was easy. It is an open secret.

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/twitter/totals?id=D000067113

Post a link that proves your claim there was an imbalance between how Twitter responded to President Trump claims vs. Candidate Biden requests.

We don't know because Musk / Taibbi only talked about Hunter Biden's non-story because they have an agenda.

And even if they did, how is that different from what Fox News does every day?
American Vermin
dajo9
oski003 said:

oski003 said:

oski003 said:

movielover said:

Facebook censored the story as well. People views the Hunter BIDEN story with skepticism because the government lied about it and told them too, just like their lies about Hillary's "Russian" dossier on Trump. Yes, people do use Twitter and Facebook for information, and they are incredibly influential. https://www.socialmediatoday.com/news/new-study-shows-twitter-is-the-most-used-social-media-platform-among-journa/626245/

Now do Fox News
American Vermin
movielover
A Rolling Stone Democrat writer who also penned the book "Insane Clown President: Dispatches from the 2016 Circus" wants to help President Trump?
movielover
sycasey
oski003 said:

oski003 said:

oski003 said:

movielover said:

Trump's government did lie about a lot, but I'm not sure you can put this down to them.
dajo9
movielover said:

Now do Fox News
American Vermin
dajo9
movielover said:

A Rolling Stone Democrat writer who also penned the book "Insane Clown President: Dispatches from the 2016 Circus" wants to help President Trump?

That seems to be the deal he made with Musk, yes. Would be good if they came clean on the terms of the deal.
American Vermin
bearister
"Musk's net worth of nearly $200 billion still places him at the pinnacle of the global plutocracy.

Even if he had to zero out his Twitter investment, he'd be fine."

From Tesla to Twitter, 2022 was a year of losing for Elon Musk

https://www.axios.com/2022/12/05/elon-musk-twitter-tesla-losing
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.