Now that Elon will own twitter on Friday or Monday..

125,770 Views | 1694 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by chazzed
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

Yes, we were talking about the time period since April, which you misleadingly implied that Tesla's drop since then was caused by the Musk's acquisition of Twitter. The reality is that other volatile growth stocks, such as EV, dropped in a similar manner to Tesla in your chosen time period.

Are you really comparing a company like Rivian to Tesla?

C'mon.
Apples and Oranges for obvious reasons.

Hint: One company had +$4.6 Billion in EBITDA and the other had -1.5 Billion.

Their stock charts behave similarly. You can't possibly be this dense. Look at today's action. Every one of the EV stocks was up around 5% and is now down at least 3%. Same pattern. We are having a conversation about stock prices, right? C'mon.
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

Their stock charts behave similarly. You can't possibly be this dense. Look at today's action. Every one of the EV stocks was up around 5% and is now down at least 3%. Same pattern. We are having a conversation about stock prices, right? C'mon.

Are you really this obtuse and oblivious?

The ENTIRE MARKET reversed 15 minutes after the opening.
There are plenty of stocks on the board that have undergone 8% swings.
Not just the ev sector.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
oski003
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

The ENTIRE MARKET reversed 15 minutes after the opening.
There are plenty of stocks on the board that have undergone 8% swings.
Not just the ev sector.

Throw Tesla's chart on top of other EV charts, such as NIO's over the past year. They are all similar patterns. As far as I know, the other companies didn't buy Twitter. Lol. C'mon.

If your argument is that Tesla is behaving like other volatile growth companies, you would be correct... As would I. Have a fantastic day.
DiabloWags
I think your last couple of posts confirm what EVERYONE else here is painfully aware of.
You argue for the sake of arguing . . . even if it makes no sense or conflates.

I have two questions for you:

1.) When did you graduate from Cal?

2.) What do you do for a living?

PS. I'm gonna trust that you can answer these in a simple and efficient manner without arguing about them.

oski003
DiabloWags said:

I think your last couple of posts confirm what EVERYONE else here is painfully aware of.
You argue for the sake of arguing . . . even if it makes no sense or conflates.

I have two questions for you:

1.) When did you graduate from Cal?

2.) What do you do for a living?

PS. I'm gonna trust that you can answer these in a simple and efficient manner without arguing about them.

2003. Manage a business.

In response, I'd appreciate if you'd actually consider what someone else is saying instead of pigheadedly shooting it down because it doesn't support your point. Saying I argue for the sake of arguing is weak.
movielover
dimitrig said:

movielover said:

It's a private company and they can admit or decline to admit anyone they want.

Here's that pesky First Amendment for those who care about such things:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

But the GOVERNMENT has a ("partnership") portal into Twitter where they could flag tweets for removal. DHS is a primary culprit. In the Twitter Releases portal requests and communication from the government have been removed.

With such behavior, then maybe time to revoke their section 230 legal protections.

And why did numerous high-ranking FBI officials become employees of Twitter after the election of President Trump?
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

2003. Manage a business.

In response, I'd appreciate if you'd actually consider what someone else is saying instead of pigheadedly shooting it down because it doesn't support your point. Saying I argue for the sake of arguing is weak.

I disagree.

My claim that you argue for the sake of arguing isnt weak at all.
Far from it.

Look no further than how many posts of yours make up the Vaccine Redux thread.
We're talking about a thread that goes on for 88 pages with over 3,000 posts.

It's been my observation that you have followed specific posters around on this forum repeatedly replying to their posts just for the sake of arguing. You've done this with Unit2 in the Vax thread and you've repeatedly done the same with me even though I've had you on ignore for the better part of this year.

I would also politely suggest that anyone who actually does MANAGE A BUSINESS, does not spend much of their day "arguing" on the internet with others. Their too busy managing their business.

oski003
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

2003. Manage a business.

I disagree.

Far from it.

It's been my observation that you have followed specific posters around on this forum repeatedly replying to their posts just for the sake of arguing. You've done this with Unit2 in the Vax thread and you've repeatedly done the same with me even though I've had you on ignore for the better part of this year.

I would also politely suggest that anyone who actually does MANAGE A BUSINESS, does not spend much of their day "arguing" on the internet with others.

Just sayin'

Incorrect observations. You can argue that Unit2 followed me in the vax thread to counter anything negative I wrote about the approved vaccines. That would be more correct. Regardless, the truth is I argue a lot less with Unit2 now because he no longer desires to argue against all my posts in the vax thread. I still post there because it is something I am passionate about. Unit2 doesn't.
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

2003. Manage a business.

I disagree.

Far from it.

I would also politely suggest that anyone who actually does MANAGE A BUSINESS, does not spend much of their day "arguing" on the internet with others.

Just sayin'

Incorrect observations. You can argue that Unit2 followed me in the vax thread to counter anything negative I wrote about the approved vaccines. That would be more correct. Regardless, the truth is I argue a lot less with Unit2 now because he no longer desires to argue against all my posts in the vax thread. I still post there because it is something I am passionate about. Unit2 doesn't.

Right.

I forgot how super passionate you are when it comes to discussing the approved Covid vaccines.
Is passionate "code" for arguing for the sake of arguing?

Wouldnt someone that is passionate about discussing Covid vaccines with such skepticism of their claims have already mentioned the following?

But for some strange reason, you FAILED to mention DeSantis seeking a Grand Jury investigation.

Guess you were too busy ARGUING with me.

DeSantis seeks grand jury investigation of COVID-19 vaccines (yahoo.com)
oski003
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

2003. Manage a business.

I disagree.

Far from it.

Just sayin'

Right.

I forgot how super passionate you are when it comes to discussing the approved Covid vaccines.
Is passionate "code" for arguing for the sake of arguing?

Wouldnt someone that is passionate about discussing Covid vaccines with such skepticism of their claims have already mentioned the following?

But for some strange reason, you FAILED to mention DeSantis seeking a Grand Jury investigation.

Guess you were too busy ARGUING with me.

DeSantis seeks grand jury investigation of COVID-19 vaccines (yahoo.com)

This is a very dumb post with no substance and is not worth addressing.
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

This is a very dumb post with no substance and is not worth addressing.
I would strongly suggest putting ME on ignore then.
That will be one less person for you to argue with.

sycasey
movielover said:

dimitrig said:

movielover said:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

But the GOVERNMENT has a ("partnership") portal into Twitter where they could flag tweets for removal. DHS is a primary culprit. In the Twitter Releases portal requests and communication from the government have been removed.

With such behavior, then maybe time to revoke their section 230 legal protections.

And why did numerous high-ranking FBI officials become employees of Twitter after the election of President Trump?
Do you think the government doesn't talk to other major media organizations in a similar way? This is unremarkable.

It only becomes a 1st Amendment issue if they are demanding certain content be removed, perhaps under threat of some kind of arrest or other penalty. I don't think there's any evidence of that.
movielover
sycasey said:

movielover said:

dimitrig said:

movielover said:

Do you think the government doesn't talk to other major media organizations in a similar way? This is unremarkable.

It only becomes a 1st Amendment issue if they are demanding certain content be removed, perhaps under threat of some kind of arrest or other penalty. I don't think there's any evidence of that.

That's exactly what they did. On a local level, Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai was a US Senate candidate and was removed from Twitter by the Massachusetts Secretary of
State. This all came out in his lawsuit and it also exposed the governments "Trusted Twitter Partnership"
portal.

Protected political speech is one of our most sacred forms of free speech. Dr. Shiva was reinstated on Twitter by a judge, and then removed a second time.

Imagine what is also going on at Facebook, Google, YpuTube, etc.
sycasey
movielover said:

sycasey said:

movielover said:

dimitrig said:

movielover said:

That's exactly what they did. On a local level, Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai was a US Senate candidate and was removed from Twitter by the Massachusetts Secretary of
State. This all came out in his lawsuit and it also exposed the governments "Trusted Twitter Partnership"
portal.

Protected political speech is one of our most sacred forms of free speech. Dr. Shiva was reinstated on Twitter by a judge, and then removed a second time.

Imagine what is also going on at Facebook, Google, YpuTube, etc.
The Massachusetts SoS threatened Twitter with legal action if they did not moderate in a certain way? Where is that evidence?
movielover
The Massachusetts SoS sent a request to Twitter to remove Senate candidate Dr. Shiva during the election cycle. They did just that. Dr. Shiva discovered the internet portal that was used, and sued the government.

He was reinstated, and then removed a second time. His lawsuit was subsequently dropped, but he exposed the Twitter portal which The Intercept recently tried to take credit for discovering. Dr Shiva may refile a portion of his lawsuit.
sycasey
movielover said:

The Massachusetts SoS sent a request to Twitter to remove Senate candidate Dr. Shiva during the election cycle. They did just that. Dr. Shiva discovered the internet portal that was used, and sued the government.

He was reinstated, and then removed a second time. His lawsuit was subsequently dropped, but he exposed the Twitter portal which The Intercept recently tried to take credit for discovering. Dr Shiva may refile a portion of his lawsuit.
So the government sent a request to a private company and the private company chose to honor the request of its own accord?

Yawn.
Unit2Sucks
sycasey said:

movielover said:

So the government sent a request to a private company and the private company chose to honor the request of its own accord?

Yawn.
All you can do is dunk on him and move on. ML doesn't have any idea what he's talking about.

Credit to Okaydo for posting this earlier today.

dajo9
I demand that Fox News give unedited time to Presudent Biden. Anything else is a violation of the 1st Amendment.
American Vermin
okaydo
MinotStateBeav
okaydo said:

Unless severance is in their contract, I wouldn't give them anything either. Talk about a bunch of poor performing clowns. Twitter runs the same as ever with 50% less employees lol. Musk stated last night, he's taking twitter headquarters out of San Fran.
concordtom
dajo9 said:

I demand that Fox News give unedited time to Presudent Biden. Anything else is a violation of the 1st Amendment.

The FCC should do more to police the airwaves. Lies and liars are a public disservice!
okaydo
okaydo
concordtom said:

dajo9 said:

The FCC should do more to police the airwaves. Lies and liars are a public disservice!

The FCC doesn't focus on cable channels, I believe.
okaydo
MinotStateBeav said:

okaydo said:

Unless severance is in their contract, I wouldn't give them anything either. Talk about a bunch of poor performing clowns. Twitter runs the same as ever with 50% less employees lol. Musk stated last night, he's taking twitter headquarters out of San Fran.

What do you think about Musk not paying rent? For or against?
MinotStateBeav
okaydo said:

MinotStateBeav said:

okaydo said:

Maybe San Fransisco can take him to court. The good news is crime and drug use is so bad in San Fran, that rent prices are going down because of it.
sycasey
MinotStateBeav said:

okaydo said:

MinotStateBeav said:

okaydo said:

Maybe San Fransisco can take him to court. The good news is crime and drug use is so bad in San Fran, that rent prices are going down because of it.
The building owners are the ones who would take him to court, not the city. And yes, I suspect they will.
Unit2Sucks
sycasey said:

MinotStateBeav said:

okaydo said:

MinotStateBeav said:

okaydo said:

The building owners are the ones who would take him to court, not the city. And yes, I suspect they will.
The person you are talking to doesn't understand what a lease is, do you really think you can have a rational and reasonable conversation about this?
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

sycasey said:

MinotStateBeav said:

okaydo said:

MinotStateBeav said:

okaydo said:

The person you are talking to doesn't understand what a lease is, do you really think you can have a rational and reasonable conversation about this?
I would expect that most of us have rented at some point in our lives and understand that you don't get to stop paying rent just because you think the surrounding neighborhood has gone to s***. You can move out and maybe stop paying (depending on the nature of your lease), but not just stop paying while you're still in the space.
AunBear89
Wow. You truly have no clue how anything works in this world.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
concordtom
okaydo said:

concordtom said:

dajo9 said:

The FCC doesn't focus on cable channels, I believe.

Do they focus on Twitter, Donald Trump's Truth (lies) site, Parlor, or BearInsider?

Dys and Mis-information is straight out of the kgb handbook.

We seem to presume that Truth wins out as some sort of eternal axiom. I don't think so. It must be protected and nurtured.

6 million Jews and a whole lot of other groups massacred over the ages agree.
concordtom
MinotStateBeav said:

okaydo said:

MinotStateBeav said:

okaydo said:

Okay. That's a really stupid pivot to rip on a third party that isn't involved.
The property owners would be the ones to take him to court, and you know it.

But you just couldn't resist.
That's why people don't like you here.
oski003
concordtom said:

MinotStateBeav said:

okaydo said:

MinotStateBeav said:

okaydo said:

Maybe he was thinking of property taxes. Y'all are ruthless when someone not in your tribe makes an error.

"That's why people don't like you here.". SMH. Wow.
movielover
Maybe he ups and moves Twitter HQ to Austin.
sycasey
oski003 said:

concordtom said:

MinotStateBeav said:

okaydo said:

MinotStateBeav said:

okaydo said:

Maybe he was thinking of property taxes. Y'all are ruthless when someone not in your tribe makes an error.

"That's why people don't like you here.". SMH. Wow.

Why would anyone be thinking about property taxes? The discussion was clearly about Twitter not paying rent.
DiabloWags
Elon Musk Launches a Manhunt After Alarming Incident (yahoo.com)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.