Now that Elon will own twitter on Friday or Monday..

125,206 Views | 1694 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by chazzed
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dimitrig said:

Why am I not surprised that you are in favor of fossil fuels and opposed to green energy?

Because of the Gas Station that masquerades as a country.

RUSSIA!

RUSSIA!

RUSSIA!
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
okaydo
sycasey
dimitrig said:

Cal88 said:

The main reason the Biden administration got out of Afghanistan was because they wanted to allocate military resources towards war with Russia and China.

Being in the middle east is not just about domestic oil demand, we are there because all the other leading world powers, China, India, Japan, Germany etc, depend on mideastern oil. Control over the middle east gives us power over all these countries.

US oil production is now peaking, and will start to decline next decade, however Canada, with the 3rd largest oil reserves in the world, can all by itself more than meet future US & Canadian oil demand, for decades, until there is a new viable substitute.

As well, the current "green energy" options are neither viable nor are they scalable, as it takes at least as much energy to mine and produce batteries or set up windmills as these items save in fossil fuel usage, as well there aren't enough critical inputs like cobalt, nickel or copper to replace the entire fleet of gas-powered vehicles. Not to mention rare earths, and the fact that batteries and solar panels are highly toxic and potentially far more damaging to the environment than the use of oil and gas.

Why am I not surprised that you are in favor of fossil fuels and opposed to green energy?
Oh, he's been there for a while. Way back to when he posted fake magazine covers in a desperate attempt to prove that "global cooling" had once been a long-running media hoax before global warming became the new one.
Cal88
Quote:

Because it is based on a rational framework, rather than a doomer, emotional and speculative approach to the energy issue?
Cal88
sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

Cal88 said:

The main reason the Biden administration got out of Afghanistan was because they wanted to allocate military resources towards war with Russia and China.

Being in the middle east is not just about domestic oil demand, we are there because all the other leading world powers, China, India, Japan, Germany etc, depend on mideastern oil. Control over the middle east gives us power over all these countries.

US oil production is now peaking, and will start to decline next decade, however Canada, with the 3rd largest oil reserves in the world, can all by itself more than meet future US & Canadian oil demand, for decades, until there is a new viable substitute.

As well, the current "green energy" options are neither viable nor are they scalable, as it takes at least as much energy to mine and produce batteries or set up windmills as these items save in fossil fuel usage, as well there aren't enough critical inputs like cobalt, nickel or copper to replace the entire fleet of gas-powered vehicles. Not to mention rare earths, and the fact that batteries and solar panels are highly toxic and potentially far more damaging to the environment than the use of oil and gas.

Oh, he's been there for a while. Way back to when he posted fake magazine covers in a desperate attempt to prove that "global cooling" had once been a long-running media hoax before global warming became the new one.

BS libel smear. In the context an old debate on climate change, I've posted about 2 dozen documents which prove the 1970s scientific consensus on global cooling, one of which consisting of a series of several original vintage Time Magazine covers where one of these covers turned out to be made up, and that's the entire basis of sycaseys halfassed and malign character smear.
Cal88
DiabloWags said:

dimitrig said:

RUSSIA!

RUSSIA!

RUSSIA!

Russia is going to pass Germany this decade to become the 5th largest effective economy.

This being said, isn't a bit hypocritical on your part to buy an expensive new gas-powered car while simultaneously criticizing my position on fossil fuels??
BearHunter

The Associated Press is at it again spreading fake news on Twitter.
movielover
Progressives' policies aren't logical or pragmatic. I'm all for green nuclear, green hydro, green NG, and where-appropriate solar power. Great over the pursuit of perfect.

Germany will lose some of its industrial might as they close all of their nuclear reactors. (I met a Spanish gentleman here on holiday who claimed German Greens were bribed into closing down NP plants, but I haven't found a source.) Losing jobs will cost jobs and tax revenues.

Dr. Jordan Peterson claims these so-called Green policies took us from a position where we had effectively ended world hunger; to making 100 million people food insecure. Quite the flip in two years.

One person speculates that the WEF / Globalists purposefully want to restrict economic growth for several reasons, including that 'Green' energy can't possibly meet the needs of robust, growing economies.

Who gave us polluting plastic bags? 'Environmentalists.' Who gave us overgrown, unhealthy, clogged forests? Environmentalists (including Sierra Club), which lead to Super Fires and tens of millions of incinerated trees.
movielover
How many AP writers and editors are directly or indirectly on the payroll of the CIA, FIB, or other Intell Agencies?
sycasey
Cal88 said:

sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

Cal88 said:

BS libel smear. In the context an old debate on climate change, I've posted about 2 dozen documents which prove the 1970s scientific consensus on global cooling, one of which consisting of a series of several original vintage Time Magazine covers where one of these covers turned out to be made up, and that's the entire basis of sycaseys halfassed and malign character smear.

One was entirely fake and three were real covers but not about the subject you claimed they were. It's all there in the text. You never acknowledged the error (or the lie). I return to this example because it exposes your usual MO: toss out a bunch of bull***t and then ignore and move on whenever any of it is disproven.
Cal88
sycasey said:

Cal88 said:

sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

Cal88 said:

One was entirely fake and three were real covers but not about the subject you claimed they were. It's all there in the text. You never acknowledged the error (or the lie). I return to this example because it exposes your usual MO: toss out a bunch of bull***t and then ignore and move on whenever any of it is disproven.

The one fake cover did not change the basic fact that the 3 others 1970s Time Magazine covers contained in the same gif were real, and about the climate getting colder.

You're clumsily trying to spin this fact away here, because you reason that if you keep making that point, it might stick, because you have more time and energy to spare in repeating these stupid and malign personal attacks, and also because the majority of the audience here is ideologically aligned with you.

This however doesn't make you right.
sycasey
Cal88 said:

The one fake cover did not change the basic fact that the 3 others 1970s Time Magazine covers contained in the same gif were real, and about the climate getting colder.

Um, no they were not about that. That's my whole point. You don't know because you didn't read them. Yet you posted them in support of your argument anyway.

This is the whole problem here.
MinotStateBeav
okaydo said:

Gotta love the post you linked got fact checked into oblivion lol.
dajo9
Cal88 said:

Quote:

Because it is based on a rational framework, rather than a doomer, emotional and speculative approach to the energy issue?

No it isn't. Your argument ignores the growing battery minerals recycling business. In fact, it ignores everything that is bad for Putin.
American Vermin
DiabloWags
Cal88 said:

DiabloWags said:

dimitrig said:

RUSSIA!

RUSSIA!

RUSSIA!

Russia is going to pass Germany this decade to become the 5th largest effective economy.

This being said, isn't a bit hypocritical on your part to buy an expensive new gas-powered car while simultaneously criticizing my position on fossil fuels??

Not at all.
We need both.

5th largest "effective" economy???
Hahahahaha!!!

Do you ever stop for a moment to listen to yourself speak?
oski003
DiabloWags said:

Cal88 said:

DiabloWags said:

dimitrig said:

RUSSIA!

RUSSIA!

RUSSIA!

Not at all.
We need both.

Hahahahaha!!!

Russia is the world's eleventh-largest economy by nominal GDP, and the sixth-largest by purchasing power parity (PPP). Of course you brought up an obscure stat like GDP by capita, which isn't very relevant when discussing the ability to withstand a war. Do you ever stop for a moment to listen to yourself?
Cal88
DiabloWags said:

Cal88 said:

DiabloWags said:

dimitrig said:

RUSSIA!

RUSSIA!

RUSSIA!

Not at all.
We need both.

Hahahahaha!!!

The bulk of your well-researched argumentation consists of the letters H and A.
chazzed
Here is an enlightening thread on this idol of the extreme right:
BearHunter
chazzed said:

Enlightening? Elon Musk is not perfect nor is he a conservative but that thread was just more liberal butthurt nonsense.
movielover
BearHunter said:

chazzed said:

Enlightening? Elon Musk is not perfect nor is he a conservative but that thread was just more liberal butthurt nonsense.

Extreme right = allowing some free speech from non-Progressive sources.
chazzed
BearHunter said:

chazzed said:

To MAGA Republicans, mainstream media coverage equals "liberal butthurt nonsense." When one consistently amplifies far-right conspiracy theories, that person will be seen as a radical conservative. Musk fits the description.
Unit2Sucks
okaydo said:

Elno has taken the mask off so I expect the narrative to change now to support direct leverage of their media assets by conservative warriors like Elno as being the only correct and moral thing to do.

chazzed
Surely, Musk will also help a far-left candidate launch a presidential campaign.
BearHunter

I would love to see to a townhall meeting with Musk and Biden on Twitter.....not.
movielover
Ron DeSanctimonious will launch his 2024 campaign using UniParty Alliance of Elon Musk and Rupert Murdoch tomorrow.

DeSantis will follow the sequence set out by the UniParty handlers - to launch the Sea Island billionaire strategy for a 2024 Republican nomination.

This isn't organic, the MAGA base is firmly behind President Trump.

The sequence of the launch tells the priority:

- the billionaire donors at the Four Seasons Hotel for an exclusive campaign launch.

- Twitter CEO Musk for an exclusive Twitter Spaces announcement (social media, influencers).

- Fox News promotions, hosted by Trey Gowdy in the 8pm hour.

- Mark Levin at 8:30pm (the Israeli lobby).

They've been planning this a long time. Their goal isn't to win the White House, the goal is to unseat Trump. Trillions are at stake.
Cal88
Unit2Sucks said:

Elno has taken the mask off so I expect the narrative to change now to support direct leverage of their media assets by conservative warriors like Elno as being the only correct and moral thing to do.

The real question here that this MSM hack should be asking is, are Zuckerborg and co using their powerful algorithms to sway voters, and he knows it.
Unit2Sucks
It sounded like a terrible idea from the start, but couldn't imagine it going this poorly. Does anyone really think this displays the sort of competence you would want from the leader of the free world? Even Dark Brandon is trolling him.

dajo9
Ron Desantis 2024

Now It's Quiet
American Vermin
calbear93
Unit2Sucks said:

It sounded like a terrible idea from the start, but couldn't imagine it going this poorly. Does anyone really think this displays the sort of competence you would want from the leader of the free world? Even Dark Brandon is trolling him.
Complete failure to launch in so many ways.

Not ready for primetime.
SBGold
Another failure to launch. Way to go Repugnants
DiabloWags
DeSantis wants to run for President based on a platform that is even more to the right of Trump. That does nothing but exclude you from even more voters. Dumb strategy.

Political suicide.
dimitrig
DiabloWags said:

DeSantis wants to run for President based on a platform that is even more to the right of Trump. That does nothing but exclude you from even more voters. Dumb strategy.

Political suicide.

I agree except that I think he is hoping to court the voters that would vote for the GOP but just can't stand Trump. Call them the equivalent of the Democrat voters who didn't vote for Hillary because they didn't like her and thus gave Trump the election.

I don't know how big that demographic of Never Trumpers is but he seems to be counting on it.

movielover
The UniParty / GOPe / Wall Street Globalists want him to take out President Trump. Only problem is, President Trump is polling at over 60% now
BearHunter
BearHunter
calbear93 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Complete failure to launch in so many ways.

Not ready for primetime.

Your boy, Joe Biden, was waiting to launch for 40 years and nailed it. Most votes in history by a large margin.

You can call him Joe "Primetime" Biden.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.