Now that Elon will own twitter on Friday or Monday..

125,220 Views | 1694 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by chazzed
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

I guess if you were long shares of Polestar from $11.50 you'd probably feel the same as a TSLA shareholder.

Misery loves company.

Or Nio or Lucid or Rivian or Xpeng or AMV or MULN or ... you SHOULD get the picture. I guess they are miserable too?

Do you still own Polestar from $11.50?
Looks like it was never really a profitable trade/investment from January.
Might be a decent candidate for a tax-loss season bounce.

Rosner at DB slashed his Q4 EPS for TSLA to $1.05 a share.
The consensus is for $1.24

He cited economic weakness in China.
But also postponement of Q4 deliveries into Q1 of next year for those consumers who wish to benefit from the Inflation Reduction Act's EV incentives.

Polestar is one of about 25 stocks I own outside of my 401K. I don't have large positions in any of them. I may buy Tesla around these levels. My 401k, the bulk of my retirement, is Vanguard total market and total bonds.
DiabloWags
At these current prices and P/S multiples, one would tend to think that TSLA is discounting an awful lot of bad news.

I might have to do some "nibbling" towards the end of next week.
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
Unit2Sucks
sycasey said:

tequila4kapp said:

I will try again.

This is THE GOVERNMENT acting to limit speech via a media entity. 1st Amendment.

Editorial choices made by Fox, CNN, etc do not invoke the 1st Amendment and are irrelevant
It's only a 1st amendment issue if the government threatens some kind of penalty for not following their recommendations. Otherwise, the government is free to try to coerce people or media outlets into agreeing them them out of their own free will, just like any other entity in this country.

So far, I don't think there's been any documentation of any kind of threat coming from the government.

GOPers are more troubled by the Trump administration's FBI acting as a law enforcement org then they are by the Trump administration working hand in glove with Fox News. It's pretty clear that Fox News was tightly involved in Trump's messaging and that there was likely an implicit quid pro quo. So long as Fox News went along with everything Trump did, he gave them status and access that no one else had.

GOPers' real concern is that they naively believed that the stolen/misappropriated Hunter smut would somehow have turned the 2020 election for them. They had gotten use to FBI meddling in their favor, as in 2016, and wrongly believed they could have another content-less October surprise to take another election based on illegitimate messaging. As it turns out they had to lose on the basis of their candidate alone and we know how they reacted to that.

I would certainly welcome any GOP criticism of the relationship between them the Trump administration and Fox News as we saw play out in texts shared by the Jan 6 committee but we all know that thr GOP has no interest in self-policing or holding their own purveyors of misinformation to any standard of behavior that they would seek to apply to any other organization.
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

sycasey said:

tequila4kapp said:

I will try again.

This is THE GOVERNMENT acting to limit speech via a media entity. 1st Amendment.

Editorial choices made by Fox, CNN, etc do not invoke the 1st Amendment and are irrelevant
It's only a 1st amendment issue if the government threatens some kind of penalty for not following their recommendations. Otherwise, the government is free to try to coerce people or media outlets into agreeing them them out of their own free will, just like any other entity in this country.

So far, I don't think there's been any documentation of any kind of threat coming from the government.

GOPers are more troubled by the Trump administration's FBI acting as a law enforcement org then they are by the Trump administration working hand in glove with Fox News. It's pretty clear that Fox News was tightly involved in Trump's messaging and that there was likely an implicit quid pro quo. So long as Fox News went along with everything Trump did, he gave them status and access that no one else had.

GOPers' real concern is that they naively believed that the stolen/misappropriated Hunter smut would somehow have turned the 2020 election for them. They had gotten use to FBI meddling in their favor, as in 2016, and wrongly believed they could have another content-less October surprise to take another election based on illegitimate messaging. As it turns out they had to lose on the basis of their candidate alone and we know how they reacted to that.

I would certainly welcome any GOP criticism of the relationship between them the Trump administration and Fox News as we saw play out in texts shared by the Jan 6 committee but we all know that thr GOP has no interest in self-policing or holding their own purveyors of misinformation to any standard of behavior that they would seek to apply to any other organization.

Yup, if you're against the government seeking to influence media coverage then you can't only be against it when it helps Democrats.
tequila4kapp
sycasey said:

tequila4kapp said:

I will try again.

I'm not well enough versed in the "threatening" test to know for sure but my hunch is that standard is borne out of instances where the government's actions would have directly impacted the person who was exercising their 1st Amendment rights. The government doesn't need to threaten because the recipient of their requests has no direct interest in the speech, which allows the government to coerce, influence or cajole one party to kill the 1st Am rights of another party.

Let's pretend it is the early 70s and hypothetically the FBI doesn't want The NY Times to publish the Pentagon Papers for national security purposes, real or imagined. We know they can't threaten the publisher because it's a 1st Amendment violation. Let's pretend every paper manufacturer in the world is politically right of center. Those paper manufacturers hire former FBI/CIA employees to handle security and government relations. The FBI pays the paper manufacturers exorbitant fees for certain services. The paper manufacturers are sympathetic ears to the governments messages. The government asks the paper manufacturers to stop selling paper to The NY Times to prevent publication and preserve national security. The paperer producers act willingly. The NY Times is shut down. No problems here because the government didn't threaten?
sycasey
tequila4kapp said:

sycasey said:

tequila4kapp said:

I will try again.

I'm not well enough versed in the "threatening" test to know for sure but my hunch is that standard is borne out of instances where the government's actions would have directly impacted the person who was exercising their 1st Amendment rights. The government doesn't need to threaten because the recipient of their requests has no direct interest in the speech, which allows the government to coerce, influence or cajole one party to kill the 1st Am rights of another party.

Let's pretend it is the early 70s and hypothetically the FBI doesn't want The NY Times to publish the Pentagon Papers for national security purposes, real or imagined. We know they can't threaten the publisher because it's a 1st Amendment violation. Let's pretend every paper manufacturer in the world is politically right of center. Those paper manufacturers hire former FBI/CIA employees to handle security and government relations. The FBI pays the paper manufacturers exorbitant fees for certain services. The paper manufacturers are sympathetic ears to the governments messages. The government asks the paper manufacturers to stop selling paper to The NY Times to prevent publication and preserve national security. The paperer producers act willingly. The NY Times is shut down. No problems here because the government didn't threaten?

First caveat: I am no legal expert, so I might not understand every nuance.

But in your scenario I think you might have a legal issue based on the seeming collusion of the paper companies, but not strictly a first amendment one.

Your free-speech rights are not violated if you're banned from one website. We can also see that there is not widespread collusion, because not all of the companies agreed on what was permitted on their platforms.
MinotStateBeav
Unit2Sucks said:

sycasey said:

tequila4kapp said:

I will try again.

Uhhh the FBI isn't a law enforcement org, they changed in 9/11 to an intelligence gathering org. I'm not joking about this either, check it out for yourself. However they are an intelligence gathering org with law enforcement powers, which makes them pretty dangerous domestically.
Unit2Sucks
MinotStateBeav said:

Unit2Sucks said:

sycasey said:

tequila4kapp said:

I will try again.

Uhhh the FBI isn't a law enforcement org, they changed in 9/11 to an intelligence gathering org. I'm not joking about this either, check it out for yourself. However they are an intelligence gathering org with law enforcement powers, which makes them pretty dangerous domestically.

Whether you call it a law enforcement org with intelligence gathering powers or the reverse doesn't really change anything. Even before they "officially" created the intelligence branch post 9/11 they were gathering intel on Americans for decades. J Edgar and his dossiers and all of that.

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with GOPers concerns about the FBI. The FBI has always been run by the GOP (Comey, Mueller, Ashcroft were all Republicans) and when they helped the GOP, conservatives never batted an eye. Trump was greatly helped by Comey's BS in 2016 and you all loved it.

With respect to Twitter, you fanboys are all in on agreeing with Elno that people shouldn't be doxxed but you are mad as hell that Twitter didn't allow stolen/misappropriated information about Hunter Biden from a dubious source to proliferate on their platform. Even if the info wasn't Russian disinformation it still was obtained under highly questionable circumstances and the Twitter team ultimately made the decision based on a variety of factors. The reason this conversation is happening is because you all had hoped to leverage this to take an election. It's all ex post facto so let's not pretend like you don't love it now that Twitter is explicitly a tool for anti woke warriors empowered by Elno.
Unit2Sucks
Reminder that the GOP doesn't care about the most impactful social media scandal on any election in history - Trump's campaign leveraging personal information without permission in 2016.

AunBear89
Liars, hypocrites, and morons.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
DiabloWags
Wedbush Analyst Dan Ives penned a research note on TSLA on Friday.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/elon-musk-tesla-stock-outlook-price-target-175-twitter-2022-12
movielover
Hunter's laptop is legitimate, the "Russian disinfo" is liberal and FBI narrative engineering.

The Hunter hooker and drug use pictures and endless pictures of his alleged large manhood are salacious.

The real meat is the proof of the Biden family kicking back monies to Joe Biden (10% for "the big guy").
AunBear89
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
sycasey
movielover said:

The real meat is the proof of the Biden family kicking back monies to Joe Bid (10% for "the big guy".

Except there's no proof of that.
movielover
sycasey said:

movielover said:

The real meat is the proof of the Biden family kicking back monies to Joe Bid (10% for "the big guy".

New York Post: Hunter Biden grand jury witness was asked who is the 'big guy' in Chinese deal

"...A bombshell email exclusively reported by The Post in October 2020 showed that one of Hunter Biden's business partners, James Gilliar, outlined the proposed percentage distribution of equity in a company created for a joint venture with CEFC China Energy Co."

"The March 13, 2017, plan included "10 held by H for the big guy?" "

"Another former Hunter Biden partner, US Navy veteran Tony Bobulinski, later revealed that "the big guy" was Hunter's dad, then the Democratic candidate for president, saying, "I have heard Joe Biden say he has never discussed his dealings with Hunter. That is false." ..."

" "While we do not know all the evidence yet, there are credible reports of wire transfers in the millions, emails from the 'laptop from hell' of Hunter, and guys like Tony Bubulinski who credibly describe a kickback scheme with the now-sitting president of the US as a beneficiary," Trusty said.

" "When you see millions of dollars pouring into the hands of a reckless and unskilled man, you have to at least ask the question of 'What did these foreign governments receive for these payments?'" "

"...Trusty noted that "it's not like there is an identifiable product being sold to Russian oligarchs or provided to Burisma," the Ukrainian energy company that paid Hunter Biden as much as $83,000 a month to sit on its board.

" "The question is whether Joe Biden's vice presidency was for sale and whether Joe was complicit in that sort of scheme," he said. "

https://nypost.com/2022/04/04/hunter-biden-grand-jury-witness-was-asked-about-deal-with-chinese-firm-and-the-big-guy/
Unit2Sucks
movielover said:

"When you see millions of dollars pouring into the hands of a reckless and unskilled man, you have to at least ask the question of 'What did these foreign governments receive for these payments?'"

I'm glad you finally want to talk about Trump and Jarvanka. Just the tip of the iceberg.

MinotStateBeav
MERRY CHRISTMAS, Taibbi has a new Twitter files out. Not only about the FBI but other government agencies.
Also the FBI apparently has agents looking for twitter TOS violations lol
movielover
Twitter Files update, Matt Taibbi:

TK News by Matt Taibbi

Notes on a Friday Night
A few delirious reflections at a crazy month's end

Matt Taibbi

"...A group of us spent the last weeks reading thousands of documents. For me a lot of that time was spent learning how Twitter functioned, specifically its relationships with government. How weird is modern-day America? Not long ago, CIA veterans tell me, the information above the "tearline" of a U.S. government intelligence cable would include the station of origin and any other CIA offices copied on the report.

"I spent much of today looking at exactly similar documents, seemingly written by the same people, except the "offices" copied at the top of their reports weren't other agency stations, but Twitter's Silicon Valley colleagues: Apple, Facebook, Microsoft, LinkedIn, even Wikipedia. It turns out these are the new principal intelligence outposts of the American empire. A subplot is these companies seem not to have had much choice in being made key parts of a global surveillance and information control apparatus, although evidence suggests their Quislingian executives were mostly all thrilled to be absorbed. Details on those "Other Government Agencies" soon, probably
tomorrow...."

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/notes-on-a-friday-night?utm_campaign=post
sycasey
movielover said:

sycasey said:

movielover said:

New York Post: Hunter Biden grand jury witness was asked who is the 'big guy' in Chinese deal

"...A bombshell email exclusively reported by The Post in October 2020 showed that one of Hunter Biden's business partners, James Gilliar, outlined the proposed percentage distribution of equity in a company created for a joint venture with CEFC China Energy Co."

"The March 13, 2017, plan included "10 held by H for the big guy?" "

"Another former Hunter Biden partner, US Navy veteran Tony Bobulinski, later revealed that "the big guy" was Hunter's dad, then the Democratic candidate for president, saying, "I have heard Joe Biden say he has never discussed his dealings with Hunter. That is false." ..."

" "While we do not know all the evidence yet, there are credible reports of wire transfers in the millions, emails from the 'laptop from hell' of Hunter, and guys like Tony Bubulinski who credibly describe a kickback scheme with the now-sitting president of the US as a beneficiary," Trusty said.

" "When you see millions of dollars pouring into the hands of a reckless and unskilled man, you have to at least ask the question of 'What did these foreign governments receive for these payments?'" "

"...Trusty noted that "it's not like there is an identifiable product being sold to Russian oligarchs or provided to Burisma," the Ukrainian energy company that paid Hunter Biden as much as $83,000 a month to sit on its board.

" "The question is whether Joe Biden's vice presidency was for sale and whether Joe was complicit in that sort of scheme," he said. "

https://nypost.com/2022/04/04/hunter-biden-grand-jury-witness-was-asked-about-deal-with-chinese-firm-and-the-big-guy/
So here's the thing: even if you accept as true that "The Big Guy" is Joe Biden (something that I think is probably true but not confirmed by anyone except Tony Bobulinski), he's only mentioned in a couple of emails . . . and if you actually carry forward to track the outcome of those deals, in the end either it never happened or Joe Biden was ultimately not named as a beneficiary.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/11/23/dissecting-gop-claims-about-hunter-biden-deals-allegedly-involving-his-father/
Quote:

But Gilliar told the Wall Street Journal in 2020: "I would like to clear up any speculation that former Vice President Biden was involved with the 2017 discussions about our potential business structure. I am unaware of any involvement at anytime of the former vice president. The activity in question never delivered any project revenue."

Three days after the email was sent, a draft agreement setting up Oneida was circulated. It shows each partner would receive 20 percent, including Jim Biden. No mention is made of Joe Biden. The company agreement signed on May 22, 2017, had the same allocation.
movielover
Ultimately, we know Joe Biden can't afford two homes, one a waterfront estate, on a senators salary.

Further emails reveal that Hinter Biden was burdened and angry that he had to 'pay for everything'..

New York Post: Hunter Biden frequently covered family expenses, texts reveal

"Hunter Biden's access to lucrative financial opportunities also came with expectations including kicking back as much as 50% of his earnings to his dad, text messages on his old laptop show."

""I hope you all can do what I did and pay for everything for this entire family for 30 years," Hunter Biden groused to daughter Naomi in January 2019. "It's really hard. But don't worry, unlike pop, I won't make you give me half your salary." Pop is Joe Biden."

"The expenses are spelled out in an email to Hunter from business partner Eric Schwerin from June 5, 2010, titled "JRB Bills." They concerned the upkeep of Joe Biden's palatial lakefront home in the wealthy Greenville enclave of Wilmington, Del. JRB are President Biden's initials...."

https://nypost.com/2022/04/09/hunter-biden-frequently-covered-family-expenses-texts-reveal/

Willful blindness?
DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

movielover said:

"When you see millions of dollars pouring into the hands of a reckless and unskilled man, you have to at least ask the question of 'What did these foreign governments receive for these payments?'"

I'm glad you finally want to talk about Trump and Jarvanka. Just the tip of the iceberg.

I've asked Movielover what he thinks about Jared Kushner receiving $2 Billion from the Saudis.
But he never answers.
Never.
DiabloWags
movielover said:

Willful blindness?

Yes.

You are totally BLIND when it comes to Trump and violating the Emoluments Clause.
Not too mention his son in law (a former government official) receiving $2 BILLION from the Saudis.

What's it like to be drinking the Orange Buffoon "Kool-Aid" 24/7 and having no friends?
sycasey
movielover said:

Ultimately, we know Joe Biden can't afford two homes, one a waterfront estate, on a senators salary.

Further emails reveal that Hinter Biden was burdened and angry that he had to 'pay for everything'..

New York Post: Hunter Biden frequently covered family expenses, texts reveal

"Hunter Biden's access to lucrative financial opportunities also came with expectations including kicking back as much as 50% of his earnings to his dad, text messages on his old laptop show."

""I hope you all can do what I did and pay for everything for this entire family for 30 years," Hunter Biden groused to daughter Naomi in January 2019. "It's really hard. But don't worry, unlike pop, I won't make you give me half your salary." Pop is Joe Biden."

"The expenses are spelled out in an email to Hunter from business partner Eric Schwerin from June 5, 2010, titled "JRB Bills." They concerned the upkeep of Joe Biden's palatial lakefront home in the wealthy Greenville enclave of Wilmington, Del. JRB are President Biden's initials...."

https://nypost.com/2022/04/09/hunter-biden-frequently-covered-family-expenses-texts-reveal/

Willful blindness?

This article seems to be making a lot out of Hunter paying for some monthly bills and maintenance work on the family house.
WalterSobchak
DiabloWags said:

What's it like to be drinking the Orange Buffoon "Kool-Aid" 24/7 and having no friends?

Cal88

edit: apparently fake, bad satire site.
movielover
Satire site?

MinotStateBeav
New Twitter Files dropped, new reporter named Zweig for 'The Free Press'. Same outfit as Bari Weiss.

This relates to covid, the WH being directly involved both Trump and Biden admins.

DiabloWags
WalterSobchak said:

DiabloWags said:

Losers gonna Lose.

Because it's the only thing they know.
The low IQ crowd that bought into Trump's SPAC.

oski003
MinotStateBeav said:

New Twitter Files dropped, new reporter named Zweig for 'The Free Press'. Same outfit as Bari Weiss.

This relates to covid, the WH being directly involved both Trump and Biden admins.

In the summer of 2021, president Biden said social media companies were "killing people" for allowing vaccine misinformation. Berenson was suspended hours after Biden's comments, and kicked off the platform the following month.

Berenson sued (and then settled with) Twitter. In the legal process Twitter was compelled to release certain internal communications, which showed direct White House pressure on the company to take action on Berenson.

A December 2022 summary of meetings with the White House by Lauren Culbertson, Twitter's Head of U.S. Public Policy, adds new evidence of the White House's pressure campaign, and cements that it repeatedly attempted to directly influence the platform.

Culbertson wrote that the Biden team was "very angry" that Twitter had not been more aggressive in deplatforming multiple accounts. They wanted Twitter to do more

Twitter executives did not fully capitulate to the Biden team's wishes. An extensive review of internal communications at the company revealed employees often debating moderation cases in great detail, and with more care than was shown by the government toward free speech.

But Twitter did suppress viewsmany from doctors and scientific expertsthat conflicted with the official positions of the White House. As a result, legitimate findings and questions that would have expanded the public debate went missing.

With Covid, this bias bent heavily toward establishment dogmas.

Inevitably, dissident yet legitimate content was labeled as misinformation, and the accounts of doctors and others were suspended both for tweeting opinions and demonstrably true information.

Example: Dr. Martin Kulldorff, an epidemiologist at Harvard Medical School, tweeted views at odds with US public health authorities and the American left, the political affiliation of nearly the entire staff at Twitter. (He tweeted that he disagreed with vaccinating children and young adults with previous natural infection).

Internal emails show an "intent to action" by a moderator, saying Kulldorff's tweet violated the company's Covid-19 misinformation policy and claimed he shared "false information."

But Kulldorff's statement was an expert's opinion, one which also happened to be in line with vaccine policies in numerous other countries. Yet it was deemed "false information" by Twitter moderators merely because it differed from CDC guidelines.

After Twitter took action, Kulldorff's tweet was slapped with a "Misleading" label and all replies and likes were shut off, throttling the tweet's ability to be seen and shared by many people, the ostensible core function of the platform:

oski003
The tweets of the original published studies showing causation between the mRNA covid vaccines and myocarditis were labeled as Misleading and hidden. No wonder Unit2 refused to believe the approved covid vaccines caused myocarditis until after the CDC acknowledged it, which was months after other industrialized countries had banned Moderna for males under 40.
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

The tweets of the original published studies showing causation between the mRNA covid vaccines and myocarditis were labeled as Misleading and hidden. No wonder Unit2 refused to believe the approved covid vaccines caused myocarditis until after the CDC acknowledged it, which was months after other industrialized countries had banned Moderna for males under 40.

Wrong thread.

Here.... let me help you.
Oh wait. You've already been spamming that thread with your "cut and paste" too.
My bad.

Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class | Bear Insider

oski003
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

Wrong thread.

Oh wait. You've already been spamming that thread with your "cut and paste" too.
My bad.

If you don't see how this directly applies to the Twitter thread, I can't help you. Of note: dwac stock price doesn't really apply here. Second note: I love how one post in a couple days counts as spamming a thread. You are a cartoon character.
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

Wrong thread.

My bad.

If you don't see how this directly applies to the Twitter thread, I can't help you. Of note: dwac stock price doesn't really apply here. Second note: I love how one post in a couple days counts as spamming a thread. You are a cartoon character.

And you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to shares of TSLA.
That much is clear.

Ives, a long-time Tesla bull, also blasted CEO Elon Musk, saying Tesla needs "a leader at this time," not "Ted Striker." He believes that a 70% drop in Tesla stock from record highs was mostly "Musk/Twitter driven with the rest around demand worries in this macro."

Long-time bull Daniel Ives cuts Tesla (TSLA) stock target by 30%, blasts Elon Musk (streetinsider.com)

oski003
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

Wrong thread.

My bad.

And you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to shares of TSLA.
That much is clear.

Ives, a long-time Tesla bull, also blasted CEO Elon Musk, saying Tesla needs "a leader at this time," not "Ted Striker." He believes that a 70% drop in Tesla stock from record highs was mostly "Musk/Twitter driven with the rest around demand worries in this macro."

Long-time bull Daniel Ives cuts Tesla (TSLA) stock target by 30%, blasts Elon Musk (streetinsider.com)

Booth of yourself. Lol. You don't remember you posted this a few days ago? Yes, this analyst contributes a large portion of Tesla's fall to Elon's purchase of Twitter. I flag your initial posts on the subject as misleading because you treat Tesla's entire drop as a result of Elon's Twitter purchase, as if it exists in a vacuum. You are too pig-headed to acknowledge that the overall market drop and ev sector drops have resulted in a large portion of Tesla's stock drop.
DiabloWags
And how has that "flagging" worked out for ya?

About as good as the bet that you made with Unit-2 ?

The one that you clearly welched on.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.