Now that Elon will own twitter on Friday or Monday..

125,218 Views | 1694 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by chazzed
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
movielover
An African American now owns Twitter.
okaydo

oski003
The misleader in chief's handlers finally getting fact checked. Hopefully, Big Pharma will be next.

okaydo
okaydo
okaydo

okaydo

The Santa Monica Observer joined Twitter 13 years ago and has tweeted more than 8,000 times.

Yet during those 13 years, the Santa Monica Observer has amassed 737 followers, which makes it a legitimate news organization.

okaydo
Unit2Sucks
Now that Twitter is the preferred platform for right wing conspiracy theory driven nut jobs, does that mean we will get a reprieve from the ones who are plaguing BI right now?

Can someone let movie lover, zipperhate and 003 know they are welcome on Twitter?
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

Now that Twitter is the preferred platform for right wing conspiracy theory driven nut jobs, does that mean we will get a reprieve from the ones who are plaguing BI right now?

Can someone let movie lover, zipperhate and 003 know they are welcome on Twitter?

You are clearly trolling here. For what it is worth, I have always been welcome on Twitter. You can continue to discredit facts you don't like here or on Twitter. You are likely still welcome there.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

You are clearly trolling here. For what it is worth, I have always been welcome on Twitter. You can continue to discredit facts you don't like here or on Twitter. You are likely still welcome there.

I don't think it's trolling to note that there is a whole social network that is accommodative of conspiracy theory driven misinformation. BI seems to be so by neglect much of the time but Twitter is so by design. You will probably also get a better fix for your oppositional defiant disorder there since there will be more people for you to take irrational and unfounded oppositional stances against.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I don't think it's trolling to note that there is a whole social network that is accommodative of conspiracy theory driven misinformation. BI seems to be so by neglect much of the time but Twitter is so by design. You will probably also get a better fix for your oppositional defiant disorder there since there will be more people for you to take irrational and unfounded oppositional stances against.

Your thoughts are wrong, and you are clearly trolling. Keep spinning and spinning and spinning. Keep insulting and insulting and insulting. I wasn't even in dialog with you, but you can't help yourself.
okaydo
oski003
calpoly said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Your thoughts are wrong, and you are clearly trolling. Keep spinning and spinning and spinning. Keep insulting and insulting and insulting. I wasn't even in dialog with you, but you can't help yourself.
Whether you are engaged in disingenuous bad faith arguments with me or other people, you are still shltting up this forum with your oppositional nonsense. But it doesn't have to be like that. You can engage with other Robert E. Lee and anti-vax enthusiasts on Musker all day long and no one will mind. It's there for you.

The truth hurts, troll. Please stop trolling me.
Oh the snowflake does not like being called out. Maybe 003 needs a safe place.

Please stop trolling.
AunBear89
Funny, coming from a trolly troller like you.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
oski003
AunBear89 said:

Funny, coming from a trolly troller like you.

More trolling. Come on, man.
bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
movielover
Elon calling out his head of security?

BearNIt
okaydo said:

What could go wrong with Twitter now that the use of the N-word is up 500% and good old Elon retweeting conspiracy bullshyte? Parlor and the other scumbag-gathering sites will now have competition in the race to the bottom and they don't have very far to go.
movielover
It was apparently primarily 300 bot accounts.
movielover

movielover
Cal88
movielover said:

Twitter management structure:
BearNIt
movielover said:

That's a convenient explanation. I wonder who controls those bot accounts and since Elon was so worried about the bots when he was trying to pull out of the deal to buy Twitter why he didn't get rid of them after he bought Twitter instead of retweeting some bullshyte conspiracy story?
DiabloWags
BearNIt said:

movielover said:

That's a convenient explanation. I wonder who controls those bot accounts and since Elon was so worried about the bots when he was trying to pull out of the deal to buy Twitter why he didn't get rid of them after he bought Twitter instead of retweeting some bullshyte conspiracy story?

It's a lot easier to poke holes in a business plan from the outside.
Welcome to being Twitter CEO Mr. Musk!

Ironically, Musk is simply going to be going down the SAME path that Twitter management had already been working on to enhance the platform and business plan. Or does he really know anything about running a Digital Media Company?

Meanwhile, there have got to be an awful lot of pissed off Banks (and bankers) who have had to repackage these Musk/Twitter loans used to finance the deal and sell them off to clients . . . loans in which the rates and terms were quite a bit different when Musk first initiated his interest in Twitter back in April.
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
Unit2Sucks
DiabloWags said:

BearNIt said:

movielover said:

It's a lot easier to poke holes in a business plan from the outside.
Welcome to being Twitter CEO Mr. Musk!

Ironically, Musk is simply going to be going down the SAME path that Twitter management had already been working on to enhance the platform and business plan. Or does he really know anything about running a Digital Media Company?

Meanwhile, there have got to be an awful lot of pissed off Banks (and bankers) who have had to repackage these Musk/Twitter loans used to finance the deal and sell them off to clients . . . loans in which the rates and terms were quite a bit different when Musk first initiated his interest in Twitter back in April.

I'm surprised he hasn't been sued already for using Tesla engineers to help his private business.

Quote:

Among the dozens who Elon Musk enlisted specifically from Tesla are: director of software development Ashok Elluswamy, director of Autopilot and TeslaBot engineering Milan Kovac, senior director of software engineering Maha Virduhagiri; Pete Scheutzow, a senior staff technical program manager, and Jake Nocon, who is part of Tesla's surveillance unit, as a senior manager of security intelligence.
Nocon previously worked for Uber and Nisos, a security company that had a multimillion-dollar contract with Tesla to identify insider threats, and monitor critics of the company.

At Twitter, Musk is counting on his lieutenants and loyalists to decide who and what to cut or keep at the social network.

He is also pressing them to learn everything they can about Twitter as quickly as possible, from source code to content moderation and data-privacy requirements, so he can redesign the platform, several Twitter employees told CNBC over the weekend.
Sufficed to say, Tesla isn't being compensated for loaning talent to Twitter so this should be a pretty easy lawsuit to win.
76BearsFly
Closed down my Twitter account a year or so ago because of its obvious censorship of ideas. Joined up again the other day and was pleased to see less censorship. Still looking for someplace that reports facts without political bias. Best I have found is the Wall Street Journal but even it can't help itself from telling me what to think. Oh well….
DiabloWags
76BearsFly said:

Closed down my Twitter account a year or so ago because of its obvious censorship of ideas. Joined up again the other day and was pleased to see less censorship. Still looking for someplace that reports facts without political bias. Best I have found is the Wall Street Journal but even it can't help itself from telling me what to think. Oh well….

The WSJ is filled with FACTS and FACTUAL DATA.
Along with solid context and quotes from various financial market participants.

No one tells you what to "think" in the WSJ.
The exception being the Op-Ed page.

But I dont even bother with the Editorial Section, because it's like reading what Tucker Carlson would have to say.

WSJ Op-Ed Kimberly Strassel is a shill and was "retweeted" by Trump the Traitor more than 20 times in 2019 and even went down the Hunter Biden rat-hole in her opinion column making baseless claims about he and his Dad, even though Strassel's claims were contradicted by the newspaper's OWN REPORTING arm just hours later.

If you like the Op-Ed section of the WSJ, you probably also thought Archie Bunker was a pretty cool guy.

Peggy Noonan is the only worthwhile Op-Ed to read in the WSJ, in my mind.

She's a moderate conservative and a former speechwriter for Ronald Reagan, who I voted for as a Cal undergrad. She is a terrific political historian and has her finger on the pulse of America, not just the East or West Coast. I thoroughly enjoy her writing style and her themes. Like her former boss, she is a Great Communicator!

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
movielover
okaydo
bearister
On Thursday, several employees filed a class action lawsuit in federal court in San Francisco. It was filed by one employee who was laid off and three others who were locked out of their work accounts. The lawsuit alleges that Twitter intends to lay off more employees and has violated the law by not providing the required notice.

https://abc7news.com/business/elon-musks-twitter-sued-as-employees-brace-for-layoffs-friday/12416610/
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
movielover
Reports last night said big layoffs today. All workers to be locked out of the HQ, likely meetings in offsite locations.

Multinationals / WEF crowd temporarily pulling advertisements.
okaydo

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.