Now that Elon will own twitter on Friday or Monday..

125,755 Views | 1694 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by chazzed
BearHunter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SBGold said:

Another failure to launch. Way to go Repugnants
You're still mad at Ron because of Florida's Don't Say Gay bill which didn't actually say Don't Say Gay.
BearHunter
DiabloWags said:

DeSantis wants to run for President based on a platform that is even more to the right of Trump. That does nothing but exclude you from even more voters. Dumb strategy.

Political suicide.

Hey Peggy, if Trump is already Hitler, how can DeSantis be even more to the right of him?
BearHunter
Unit2Sucks said:

It sounded like a terrible idea from the start, but couldn't imagine it going this poorly. Does anyone really think this displays the sort of competence you would want from the leader of the free world? Even Dark Brandon is trolling him.

Joe Biden announced his bid for presidency and no one cared.
Joe Biden announced his bid for reelection and the Democrats collectively groaned.
SBGold
BearHunter said:

SBGold said:

Another failure to launch. Way to go Repugnants
You're still mad at Ron because of Florida's Don't Say Gay bill which didn't actually say Don't Say Gay.
I'm not mad at him. I do laugh at him and Repugnants that like MTG, Gaetz, Trump among others
DiabloWags
BearHunter said:

Unit2Sucks said:

It sounded like a terrible idea from the start, but couldn't imagine it going this poorly. Does anyone really think this displays the sort of competence you would want from the leader of the free world? Even Dark Brandon is trolling him.

Joe Biden announced his bid for reelection and the Democrats collectively groaned.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
movielover
BearHunter said:

calbear93 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Complete failure to launch in so many ways.

Not ready for primetime.

Your boy, Joe Biden, was waiting to launch for 40 years and nailed it. Most votes in history by a large margin.

You can call him Joe "Primetime" Biden.

Most votes from a basement ever, though in-person rallies were two dozen... two hundred. While President Trump had 30,000, 50,000 or more.
BearHunter
DiabloWags said:

BearHunter said:

Unit2Sucks said:

CNN didn't want to get over it. The election was the first thing they asked Trump about in the townhall meeting. Use whatever word you want to describe the last election....stolen, rigged, fortified, interfered.....we know you know.
DiabloWags
BearHunter said:

DiabloWags said:

BearHunter said:

Unit2Sucks said:

CNN didn't want to get over it. The election was the first thing they asked Trump about in the townhall meeting. Use whatever word you want to describe the last election....stolen, rigged, fortified, interfered.....we know you know.

Hahahahahhaaaaaa!

More fantasy.

Your boy Trump went 0 - 63 in Federal Court trying to prove election fraud.
Even in front of conservative judges that he had appointed like Stepanos Bibas in Pennsylvania.

I repeat: 0 for 63!

movielover
BearHunter said:

DiabloWags said:

BearHunter said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Conservatives get caught in the weeds.

Simple question: when was the last time one state stopped its election tally, and computers went down for 6-8 hours? I can't recall it ever happening. (Florida had hanging Chad's, but that's another matter.)

Then add in it happened in 6 states in 2020.

Near simultaneously.

And of coarse... all SWING states... not California, not Wyoming, not Vermont.

Mathematic impossibility, on top of mathematic impossibility, on top of mathematic impossibility.
DiabloWags
movielover said:

Mathematic impossibility, on top of mathematic impossibility, on top of mathematic impossibility.

0 - 63
BearHunter
movielover said:

BearHunter said:

DiabloWags said:

BearHunter said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Simple question: when was the last time one state stopped its election tally, and computers went down for 6-8 hours? I can't recall it ever happening. (Florida had hanging Chad's, but that's another matter.)

Near simultaneously.

Yup, at midnight on election night, Trump was ahead by more than 110,000 votes in Wisconsin and more than 290,000 votes in Michigan. In Georgia, his lead was a whopping 356,945 and he led in Pennsylvania by more than half a million votes. Then at 1 am, battleground states stopped counting.
BearHunter
DiabloWags said:

BearHunter said:

DiabloWags said:

BearHunter said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Hahahahahhaaaaaa!

More fantasy.

Your boy Trump went 0 - 63 in Federal Court trying to prove election fraud.
Even in front of conservative judges that he had appointed like Stepanos Bibas in Pennsylvania.

I repeat: 0 for 63!

Even Democrats know your boy, Biden is illegitimate.
movielover
About 25% of the public seems impenetrable. The numbers would be even worse if we had real journalists and not idealogues.
dajo9
BearHunter said:

movielover said:

BearHunter said:

DiabloWags said:

BearHunter said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Near simultaneously.

Yup, at midnight on election night, Trump was ahead by more than 110,000 votes in Wisconsin and more than 290,000 votes in Michigan. In Georgia, his lead was a whopping 356,945 and he led in Pennsylvania by more than half a million votes. Then at 1 am, battleground states stopped counting.

Bearfarce thinks people in Milwaukee shouldn't have their votes counted
American Vermin
sycasey
dajo9 said:

BearHunter said:

movielover said:

BearHunter said:

DiabloWags said:

BearHunter said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Near simultaneously.

Anyone who was paying attention before the election knew that there was going to be a very sudden, late "blue shift" during the counting in all of these states. The Republican state legislatures made sure it would happen that way. If you don't like it, take it up with them.
BearHunter
dajo9 said:

BearHunter said:

movielover said:

BearHunter said:

DiabloWags said:

BearHunter said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Near simultaneously.

Only legal, certifiable, chain of custody verifiable, signature matching votes count.
dajo9
BearHunter said:

dajo9 said:

BearHunter said:

movielover said:

BearHunter said:

DiabloWags said:

BearHunter said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Near simultaneously.

ALL legal votes count.

FIFY
American Vermin
movielover
Why do Democrat activists and functionaries in big cities illegally keep election monitors at bay or cordoned off?
AunBear89
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
sycasey
movielover said:

Why do Democrat activists and functionaries in big cities illegally keep election monitors at bay or cordoned off?

I don't know about anything illegal, but I can see a lot of good reasons why you don't want just anybody coming in and disrupting the process.
movielover
sycasey said:

movielover said:

I don't know about anything illegal, but I can see a lot of good reasons why you don't want just anybody coming in and disrupting the process.

Official election poll watchers were systematically denied access, a crime.

BearHunter
sycasey said:

movielover said:

I don't know about anything illegal but I can see a lot of good reasons why you would want people observing to make sure nothing illegal is going on.
sycasey
movielover said:

sycasey said:

movielover said:

Official election poll watchers were systematically denied access, a crime.

Then they should be able to prove their case in court.
Unit2Sucks
I guess Elno isn't too busy to promote statements made by neo nazi pedophiles.

You might say I'm a dreamer, but I think it's reasonable to expect someone of his stature not to regularly fall for this sort of nonsense. He would fit right in with the uncritical and gullible RWNJs on BI, I mean except he's a billionaire who owns a large social media platform. Although in fairness it's a lot smaller and less valuable than when he bought it just a few months ago.

dimitrig
Unit2Sucks said:

You might say I'm a dreamer, but I think it's reasonable to expect someone of his stature not to regularly fall for this sort of nonsense. He would fit right in with the uncritical and gullible RWNJs on BI, I mean except he's a billionaire who owns a large social media platform. Although in fairness it's a lot smaller and less valuable than when he bought it just a few months ago.

I think it is clear now that Elon was genuinely surprised there were so many fake accounts on Twitter and it wasn't just an excuse to escape from having to buy it.

movielover
He also seems unaware of Twitters alleged deep ties to our Intell Community.
Goldener Bar
Unit2Sucks said:

Interesting article about the same quote and why we attribute smart things said by less than savory people to more savory people
https://asiatimes.com/2020/09/does-it-even-matter-who-first-said-it/
AunBear89
Or, Righteous Righties attribute stupid quotes to more savory people in order to legitimize their hateful thoughts.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Big C

Hey, as Jesus once said, "Even a broken clock is right twice a day."
Unit2Sucks
Big C said:

Hey, as Jesus once said, "Even a broken clock is right twice a day."

I believe Elno was overheard saying "let he who has not accidentally promoted/sympathized with a convicted neo nazi pedophile cast the first stone".
chazzed
Maybe it's becoming clear to more people that Musk is an a__hole?

DiabloWags
Fidelity now values it's stake in Twitter by only ONE THIRD of what its stake was valued in October.
$6.55 Billion vs $20 Billlion.

That would put Musk's $44 Billion purchase of Twitter at a valuation of roughly $15 Billion.

Did Twitter go WOKE too?

Twitter valued at less than $7 billion months after being bought | krem.com

chazzed
Twitter's U.S. Ad Sales Down 59% Despite Musk's 'Breaking Even' Claims, Report Says:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/katherinehamilton/2023/06/05/twitters-us-ad-sales-down-59-despite-musks-breaking-even-claims-report-says/
oski003
chazzed said:

Twitter's U.S. Ad Sales Down 59% Despite Musk's 'Breaking Even' Claims, Report Says:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/katherinehamilton/2023/06/05/twitters-us-ad-sales-down-59-despite-musks-breaking-even-claims-report-says/

How do expenses compare between the revenue periods?
chazzed
I'll let you look that up. Anyway, between Musk's recent clam that the company is nearly breaking even and you asking the relevant questions, Twitter's future looks rosy. I'm sure the company will be viable and respected for years to come.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.