Now that Elon will own twitter on Friday or Monday..

125,786 Views | 1694 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by chazzed
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oski003 said:

So funny to see people like you post this. Your post is irrelevant. I am not questioning the FAA's rules. I am simply defending Twitter's decision to not allow real time data of his jet's whereabouts to be broadcast on Twitter.
Typical content-free low-energy response. Why do you bother? And yes, I know you will respond with another content-free low-energy copycat response and people will continue to be not impressed.
sycasey
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

lol

I always appreciate journalists pointing out the hypocrisy of the rich and powerful

The whining crybaby posted a link to the jet tracker. Good riddance.

Can you explain why the jet tracker goes against free speech rules? The information is public knowledge, is it not?
Where have I ever said it goes against free speech rules? Can you provide a link to my post please?
Elon said it did . . . called it doxxing.

Anyway, why do you object to the jet tracker?

Real time data of Musk's whereabouts should not be posted on the internet. The CEO of Twitter has every right to not allow real time data of his whereabouts to be posted or linked to on his platform. It is dangerous. Liberal tears seem to have a temporary hold on people's common sense.
So funny to see people like you post this. The FAA mandates that the information be broadcast from every airplane to anyone with a receiver. An amateur website crowdsources and aggregates it for enthusiasts.

Their position is quite simple - and very similar to what conservatives pretend like their positions is, except conservatives only really mean it when someone doesn't want to promote their dangerous or false misinformation.

Just more evidence that conservatives never really believed in free speech to begin with, not that it's ever really been in doubt for anyone paying attention.

Quote:

Streufert acknowledged that many airplane owners have reasonable privacy concerns. But when it comes to removing sensitive information, he said, the website doesn't seek to be an arbiter of data that is widely accessible.

"It gets into who's right and wrong," Streufert said. "When the war in Ukraine started, we got Russian oligarchs saying, 'Hey, hide my jet.' I don't want to be taking sides."

He continued: "We publish everything, and it already is public data. We're not sharing anything you couldn't find from many other sources."

The bigger question is why anyone would care about this nonsense. The answer for Elon is quite simple - buy 3 or 4 planes and have them flying random routes so no one ever knows where he is. Although to be honest, a lot of the movements are predictable and his location is regularly known (like when he makes his numerous public appearances) so I don't really see this as a safety risk to begin with.

Did Elno ban every account that posted videos of him getting booed in real time at the Dave Chapelle show? Because that showed his location in real time. Oh, I forgot, he banned people for posting those videos for other reasons. Because, free speech to conservatives means they can say whatever stupid **** they want and they can muzzle anything they don't want to hear.

So funny to see people like you post this. Your post is irrelevant. I am not questioning the FAA's rules. I am simply defending Twitter's decision to not allow real time data of his jet's whereabouts to be broadcast on Twitter.

Yes, he has the right to do that. Again, the issue is that he said he wouldn't ban the account and then turned around and suddenly did. And then he banned journalists who were not actually revealing his movements themselves, but merely reporting on the story that the tracker existed.

No one disputes that Musk can do what he wants with his company. The argument is that his decisions are capricious and hypocritical.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Typical content-free low-energy response. Why do you bother? And yes, I know you will respond with another content-free low-energy copycat response and people will continue to be not impressed.

But you said absolutely nothing, except for some weird implication that I was questioning the FAA broadcasting the locations of planes for aviation purposes. That has absolutely zero to do with a person nefariously taking that data and using Twitter to broadcast to the world someone's whereabouts. The fact that you can't distinguish the two is mind boggling.
oski003
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

lol

I always appreciate journalists pointing out the hypocrisy of the rich and powerful

Can you explain why the jet tracker goes against free speech rules? The information is public knowledge, is it not?
Where have I ever said it goes against free speech rules? Can you provide a link to my post please?

Real time data of Musk's whereabouts should not be posted on the internet. The CEO of Twitter has every right to not allow real time data of his whereabouts to be posted or linked to on his platform. It is dangerous. Liberal tears seem to have a temporary hold on people's common sense.
So funny to see people like you post this. The FAA mandates that the information be broadcast from every airplane to anyone with a receiver. An amateur website crowdsources and aggregates it for enthusiasts.

Their position is quite simple - and very similar to what conservatives pretend like their positions is, except conservatives only really mean it when someone doesn't want to promote their dangerous or false misinformation.

Just more evidence that conservatives never really believed in free speech to begin with, not that it's ever really been in doubt for anyone paying attention.

Quote:

Streufert acknowledged that many airplane owners have reasonable privacy concerns. But when it comes to removing sensitive information, he said, the website doesn't seek to be an arbiter of data that is widely accessible.

"It gets into who's right and wrong," Streufert said. "When the war in Ukraine started, we got Russian oligarchs saying, 'Hey, hide my jet.' I don't want to be taking sides."

He continued: "We publish everything, and it already is public data. We're not sharing anything you couldn't find from many other sources."

The bigger question is why anyone would care about this nonsense. The answer for Elon is quite simple - buy 3 or 4 planes and have them flying random routes so no one ever knows where he is. Although to be honest, a lot of the movements are predictable and his location is regularly known (like when he makes his numerous public appearances) so I don't really see this as a safety risk to begin with.

Did Elno ban every account that posted videos of him getting booed in real time at the Dave Chapelle show? Because that showed his location in real time. Oh, I forgot, he banned people for posting those videos for other reasons. Because, free speech to conservatives means they can say whatever stupid **** they want and they can muzzle anything they don't want to hear.

Yes, he has the right to do that. Again, the issue is that he said he wouldn't ban the account and then turned around and suddenly did. And then he banned journalists who were not actually revealing his movements themselves, but merely reporting on the story that the tracker existed.

No one disputes that Musk can do what he wants with his company. The argument is that his decisions are capricious and hypocritical.

Again, he is removing the elon jet tracker and everyone broadcasting it off of Twitter. If I am a fan boy for agreeing with this decision, consider me so.
MinotStateBeav
Taibbi just dropped new Twitter files...you dems should probably be concerned here too as some of you were targeted by the FBI/DHS as well. Even the state of california is involved here lol.

This is actually proof that the government was using twitter/facebook et al to do an end around on the 1st amendment.
bearister
Mutual Admiration Society: Taibbi, Julian Assange and Eddy Snowden.

Anyone who digs that is no better than the worst of those three. Taibbi is little more than a punk with a perma-grin that can turn an occasional phrase. The other two? Well, we know what they are.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
sycasey
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

lol

Quote:

Again, he is removing the elon jet tracker and everyone broadcasting it off of Twitter. If I am a fan boy for agreeing with this decision, consider me so.
Again, it's not about about agreeing or disagreeing, it's about Musk not holding to his word.

Though I think it is also just generally bad policy to ban journalists simply because they reported on the story. And again, especially hypocritical given how Musk and others complained about Twitter blocking the Hunter Biden laptop story.
AunBear89
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

lol

Quote:

Again, it's not about about agreeing or disagreeing, it's about Musk not holding to his word.

Republicans are totally cool with people they idolize not holding to their word. They are the party of liars, hypocrites, and morons.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
AunBear89
Elon's not having sex with you. You should probably move on to another crush.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
oski003
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

lol

Quote:

Though I think it is also just generally bad policy to ban journalists simply because they reported on the story. And again, especially hypocritical given how Musk and others complained about Twitter blocking the Hunter Biden laptop story.

Apples and Oranges.

In once instance, Twitter is engaging in social engineering by preventing users posting a news story that negatively impacts their preferred presidential candidate.

In another instance, Twitter is preventing someone from publishing the real time whereabouts of there CEO's jet.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

But you said absolutely nothing, except for some weird implication that I was questioning the FAA broadcasting the locations of planes for aviation purposes. That has absolutely zero to do with a person nefariously taking that data and using Twitter to broadcast to the world someone's whereabouts. The fact that you can't distinguish the two is mind boggling.
What evidence do you have that this amateur aviation fan and college student is doing anything nefariously?

Further, he isn't publishing any person's whereabouts, just the publicly available location information for a plane that is regulated by the FAA and required to broadcast that information to anyone who is listening for it.

I understand you feel compelled to take the wrong side of any topic but at least try to be entertaining or interesting when doing so rather than just spreading more misinformation.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

What evidence do you have that this amateur aviation fan and college student is doing anything nefariously?

Further, he isn't publishing any person's whereabouts, just the publicly available location information for a plane that is regulated by the FAA and required to broadcast that information to anyone who is listening for it.

I understand you feel compelled to take the wrong side of any topic but at least try to be entertaining or interesting when doing so rather than just spreading more misinformation.

Because it is very obvious that it is nefarious. The fact that you think someone who disagrees with you is taking the wrong side says more about you than me.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Because it is very obvious that it is nefarious. The fact that you think someone who disagrees with you is taking the wrong side says more about you than me.
More logical fallacy - this time begging the question. The kid was part of a small community of people who enjoy this stuff. Neither you nor anyone else has shown anything to establish that there was ill or other "nefarious" intent or even that this tracker is intended to follow Elno's whereabouts.

The whole notion of "doxxing" Elno's whereabouts in real time is idiotic. He appears publicly all the time. His whereabouts are often known - he regularly appears on stage at public events and he posts often posts pictures of his whereabouts, including exactly where in the office he is.

With respect to his plane, it's even dumber. These amateur flight trackers are more interested in the movements of his plane in the air or whatever. They can't track Elno once he leaves his plane and the flight route information isn't particularly dangerous when posted on twitter. If someone had actual "nefarious" intent, they could get the information quite easily, just like the college kid does, and don't need to rely on his twitter account.

But you will continue to make more and more unhinged arguments because you've chosen your contrarian position and we've all seen how that goes here.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

More logical fallacy - this time begging the question. The kid was part of a small community of people who enjoy this stuff. Neither you nor anyone else has shown anything to establish that there was ill or other "nefarious" intent or even that this tracker is intended to follow Elno's whereabouts.

The whole notion of "doxxing" Elno's whereabouts in real time is idiotic. He appears publicly all the time. His whereabouts are often known - he regularly appears on stage at public events and he posts often posts pictures of his whereabouts, including exactly where in the office he is.

With respect to his plane, it's even dumber. These amateur flight trackers are more interested in the movements of his plane in the air or whatever. They can't track Elno once he leaves his plane and the flight route information isn't particularly dangerous when posted on twitter. If someone had actual "nefarious" intent, they could get the information quite easily, just like the college kid does, and don't need to rely on his twitter account.

But you will continue to make more and more unhinged arguments because you've chosen your contrarian position and we've all seen how that goes here.

There is nothing unhinged about understanding that someone doesn't want to have their travel broadcasted in real time just because they make public appearances. He revealed his nefarious intent when Musk requested he take the tracker down, and he refused. The way you portray the person broadcasting the real time whereabouts as some poor naive hobbyist is absolutely nuts, just like how you twist everything else to fit your bias.
sycasey
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

lol

Quote:

Apples and Oranges.

In once instance, Twitter is engaging in social engineering by preventing users posting a news story that negatively impacts their preferred presidential candidate.

In another instance, Twitter is preventing someone from publishing the real time whereabouts of their CEO's jet.

Agreed, it is apples and oranges. The result of a presidential election is far more consequential than Elon Musk's travel itinerary.
Eastern Oregon Bear
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

There is nothing unhinged about understanding that someone doesn't want to have their travel broadcasted in real time just because they make public appearances. He revealed his nefarious intent when Musk requested he take the tracker down, and he refused. The way you portray the person broadcasting the real time whereabouts as some poor naive hobbyist is absolutely nuts, just like how you twist everything else to fit your bias.
You really should look up the definition of nefarious. I don't think you quite understand it.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

He doesn't post any person's whereabouts, just that of a plane. Details matter but I understand that facts often get in the way of your unhinged narrative. But you do you.
WalterSobchak
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

First, he didn't refuse. Musk offered $5k. He asked for $50k or an internship. Musk then took this action rather than continue to negotiate. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/teen-rejects-elon-musks-5000-offer-shut-jet-tracker-rcna14256

Second, people use this kind of flight data all the time for a bunch of legitimate reasons ranging from pure hobby to successful prediction of events like corporate mergers/takeovers, free agent signings in sports, etc. The fact that something could potentially be used for criminal purposes doesn't make it nefarious.

Third, it's a real dumb move by a real dumb guy because he's proving every day that Twitter Inc. is actually now his alter ego and potentially exposing himself to personal liability for its actions in the process. If I'm counsel for Sweeney or the ex-employees he's poised to deny severance I'm absolutely taking note.
oski003
WalterSobchak said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

First, he didn't refuse. Musk offered $5k. He asked for $50k or an internship. Musk then took this action rather than continue to negotiate. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/teen-rejects-elon-musks-5000-offer-shut-jet-tracker-rcna14256

Second, people use this kind of flight data all the time for a bunch of legitimate reasons ranging from pure hobby to successful prediction of events like corporate mergers/takeovers, free agent signings in sports, etc. The fact that something could potentially be used for criminal purposes doesn't make it nefarious.

Third, it's a real dumb move by a real dumb guy because he's proving every day that Twitter Inc. is actually now his alter ego and potentially exposing himself to personal liability for its actions in the process. If I'm counsel for Sweeney or the ex-employees he's poised to deny severance I'm absolutely taking note.

Nothing nefarious about demanding $50,000 and an internship in order to stop broadcasting the whereabouts of your private plane, is there? Lol.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

He doesn't post any person's whereabouts, just that of a plane. Details matter but I understand that facts often get in the way of your unhinged narrative. But you do you.

My bad. The plane flies empty in your world of delusion. Lol.
WalterSobchak
oski003 said:

WalterSobchak said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Nothing nefarious about demanding $50,000 and an internship in order to stop broadcasting the whereabouts of your private plane, is there? Lol.
Musk offered first dumbazz.
oski003
WalterSobchak said:

oski003 said:

WalterSobchak said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

That's because he didn't want the plane's whereabouts to be broadcasted, dumbazz. Not broadcasting his plane's whereabouts would be the ethical thing to do. Ethics apparently alludes liberals
DiabloWags
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

lol

Musk is a snowflake and you are a fanboy

You forgot welch.
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Ethics apparently alludes liberals

You meant "elude" but ended up closer to the truth lol. Continue to simp for Musk and advance a baseless narrative.

What oh what would we do without our reflexive contrarian to bore us all to death?
DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

You meant "elude" but ended up closer to the truth lol. Continue to simp for Musk and advance a baseless narrative.

What oh what would we do without our reflexive contrarian to bore us all to death?

Allude....

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa!

WalterSobchak
oski003 said:

WalterSobchak said:

oski003 said:

WalterSobchak said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

That's because he didn't want the plane's whereabouts to be broadcasted, dumbazz. Not broadcasting his plane's whereabouts would be the ethical thing to do. Ethics apparently alludes liberals
All planes' whereabouts are always broadcast by the planes themself pursuant to FAA rules. Ethics apparently elude the FAA.
dajo9
Don't let oski0003 change the subject. Numerous banning of journalists have occurred that didn't post his plane info.
American Vermin
oski003
Eludes, whatever. I am working while I write. Is that your excuse for ignoring my post regarding the whining crybaby media members being banned? Also, as also mentioned above, the FAA isn't purposely broadcasting Elon's plane's real time whereabouts in a manner so the everyday sicko would know it. Their reporting of that info is for safety. Sicko asking for $50k does it in disregard of safety. It is hard to see this when your eyes are cloudy with liberal tears.
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

Eludes, whatever. I am working while I write. Is that your excuse for ignoring my post regarding the whining crybaby media members being banned? Also, as also mentioned above, the FDA isn't purposely broadcasting Elon's plane's real time whereabouts in a manner so the everyday sicko would know it. Their reporting of that info is for safety. Sicko asking for $50k does it in disregard of safety. It is hard to see this when your eyes are cloudy with liberal tears.

The FDA?

You're about as sloppy as they come.
I wouldnt trust you to mow my lawn.

bearister
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

You meant "elude" but ended up closer to the truth lol.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
oski003
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

Eludes, whatever. I am working while I write. Is that your excuse for ignoring my post regarding the whining crybaby media members being banned? Also, as also mentioned above, the FDA isn't purposely broadcasting Elon's plane's real time whereabouts in a manner so the everyday sicko would know it. Their reporting of that info is for safety. Sicko asking for $50k does it in disregard of safety. It is hard to see this when your eyes are cloudy with liberal tears.

The FDA?

You're about as sloppy as they come.
I wouldnt trust you to mow my lawn.

You gave me such a wonderful Christmas present by taking me off your much publicized ignore list, and then I disappoint you with a typo. I am so sorry. No, I am not worthy of mowing your lawn.
DiabloWags
More of this to come.

3rd largest TSLA shareholder wants a new CEO.

https://observer.com/2022/12/koguan-leo-tesla-shareholder-oust-elon-musk/
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Eludes, whatever. I am working while I write. Is that your excuse for ignoring my post regarding the whining crybaby media members being banned? Also, as also mentioned above, the FAA isn't purposely broadcasting Elon's plane's real time whereabouts in a manner so the everyday sicko would know it. Their reporting of that info is for safety. Sicko asking for $50k does it in disregard of safety. It is hard to see this when your eyes are cloudy with liberal tears.

The extent to which you continue to argue a stupid position that you don't care about is remarkable. Now you're calling this kid a sicko. Do you think he has surface to air missiles? Why do you think that this is really unsafe? The answer is obvious and it's that you don't really care you are just posting garbage because that's what you do.

This kid is an enthusiast who tracks numerous jets. No one else freaks out and buys social media companies to suppress publicly available information but you rush to Elno's defense anyway.

oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

The extent to which you continue to argue a stupid position that you don't care about is remarkable. Now you're calling this kid a sicko. Do you think he has surface to air missiles? Why do you think that this is really unsafe? The answer is obvious and it's that you don't really care you are just posting garbage because that's what you do.

This kid is an enthusiast who tracks numerous jets. No one else freaks out and buys social media companies to suppress publicly available information but you rush to Elno's defense anyway.

That's a sick hobby.
WalterSobchak
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

That's a sick hobby.
You must REALLY hate phone books.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.