Now that Elon will own twitter on Friday or Monday..

125,181 Views | 1694 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by chazzed
movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unit2Sucks said:

DiabloWags said:

Like I posted last week.
It's OBAMA's fault.

I guess we know how the GOP really feels about doxxing people. They lose their minds when portions of Trump's tax returns are released but they regularly waive around private information for Hunter Biden. When they complain about it what they really are once again confirming is that laws/norms/privilege are meant to protect them but not prevent them from doing whatever they want. That's the GOP and white privilege all rolled into one.

Whole lotta White privilege for inept Joe Biden; basket-case Hunter Biden; alleged repeat rapist Bill Clinton; $300 Million Climate grifter and shady (masseuse) VP Al Gore; opportunist John Kerry; China-friendly Feinstein Family; and Democrat KKK Exalted Cyclops Robert Byrd to name a few.

As a dim Senator from a tiny state, plagiarist Joe Biden had to only keep one entity happy - MBNA America.
Unit2Sucks
movielover said:

Unit2Sucks said:

DiabloWags said:

Like I posted last week.
It's OBAMA's fault.

I guess we know how the GOP really feels about doxxing people. They lose their minds when portions of Trump's tax returns are released but they regularly waive around private information for Hunter Biden. When they complain about it what they really are once again confirming is that laws/norms/privilege are meant to protect them but not prevent them from doing whatever they want. That's the GOP and white privilege all rolled into one.

Whole lotta White privilege for inept Joe Biden; basket-case Hunter Biden; alleged repeat rapist Bill Clinton; $300 Million Climate grifter and shady (masseuse) VP Al Gore; opportunist John Kerry; China-friendly Feinstein Family; and Democrat KKK Exalted Cyclops Robert Byrd to name a few.

As a dim Senator from a tiny state, plagiarist Joe Biden had to only keep one entity happy - MBNA America.
Too bad the GOP is too inept to have had a chance to beat him. I guess you guys are used to losing though.
movielover
Twitter is downsizing its Data Centers in Atlanta GA (near GA Tech), and shutting down its data center in Sacramento.

The Atlanta data center is in the same complex as Georgia Tech University - which has a U.S. government contract, think Rodney Joffe and the Trump-Russia Alfa Bank hoax - for cybersecurity research efforts.

After Twitter expanded its data center in Atlanta, on Nov 29, 2016, Georgia Tech received a $17.3 million contract from the U.S. Dept of Defense for "cybersecurity" research. It gets better. Three days later, Georgia Tech announced new collaboration with China's Tianjin U, which happens to host the APT hacker groups and is a partner of China Telecom and Huawei.

I'm sure this is all coincidental. s/
dajo9
dajo9 said:

concordtom said:

movielover said:

concordtom said:

movielover said:

POTUS DJT had the authority to declassify, which he did. His docs were in one secure location, in a fortified residence, with Secret Serrvice, 24 hour security, cameras and locks. His team was communicating with authorities. But a rabid anti-Trump Archivist went all Rambo because he saw POTUS exiting the WH with a box, he put the AdministrativeState in gear, and the Swamp supported his efforts.

Oh my god.

Dude, don't even try.
See, this is where you lose.
What a farce!

Dude.
Dudette!
Whey.
So, you're a chick?
Or a cheesehead?
Or both???

Dudx

Edit - Censhorship asterisks killed my joke
American Vermin
DiabloWags

You still sound very butt-hurt that Trump lost.

You need professional help.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
Apathetic Bear
dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

concordtom said:

movielover said:

concordtom said:

movielover said:

POTUS DJT had the authority to declassify, which he did. His docs were in one secure location, in a fortified residence, with Secret Serrvice, 24 hour security, cameras and locks. His team was communicating with authorities. But a rabid anti-Trump Archivist went all Rambo because he saw POTUS exiting the WH with a box, he put the AdministrativeState in gear, and the Swamp supported his efforts.

Oh my god.

Dude, don't even try.
See, this is where you lose.
What a farce!

Dude.
Dudette!
Whey.
So, you're a chick?
Or a cheesehead?
Or both???

Dudx

Edit - Censhorship asterisks killed my joke
Send your complaints to Yoel Roth
DiabloWags
Elon front-running bad sales news?

22 million shares between De. 12 - 14 at roughly $163.

chazzed
My apology if this article has already been posted in this thread.

"Extremely Hardcore

Twitter's staff spent years trying to protect the social media site against impulsive billionaires who wanted to use the reach of its platform for their own ends, and then one made himself the CEO."

https://www.theverge.com/23551060/elon-musk-twitter-takeover-layoffs-workplace-salute-emoji
movielover
Site traffic up.
Child exploitation down.
Censorship down.
Partial Sunlight upon Intell Community censorship.
okaydo
Eastern Oregon Bear
movielover said:

Site traffic up.
Child exploitation down.
Censorship down.
Your emoticon suggests that you find this to be distressing.
sycasey
movielover said:

Site traffic up.
Child exploitation down.
Censorship down.

Revenue down.

dimitrig
okaydo said:

okaydo
sycasey
okaydo said:

It should be abundantly clear that none of this complaining about Twitter censorship was about free speech. It was only about preferring speech you like over what you don't like.
oski003
sycasey said:

okaydo said:

It should be abundantly clear that none of this complaining about Twitter censorship was about free speech. It was only about preferring speech you like over what you don't like.

Why is this up?

And this?

Cal88
^Modi must be doing something good in order to upset the BBC...
movielover
I gather he's not going along with the green religion.
wraptor347
Maybe bc those links don't actually work
oski003
wraptor347 said:

Maybe bc those links don't actually work

Musk controls the source links on tweets? Does he personally break them? What is actually happening here?
sycasey
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

okaydo said:

Why is this up?

And this?

Visible in the US, not in India?

sycasey
Cal88 said:

Cal88 being pro-authoritarian, as usual.
okaydo
Cal88
sycasey said:

Cal88 said:

FWIW I am not a big fan of Modi`s heavy-handed policies with the forced use of digital currency, his neoliberal farming policies that hurt small farmers, and his persecution of religious minorities, among other policies.

He seems to be doing OK however on foreign policy, upholding India`s legacy of non-alignment that was set up by Ghandi and Nehru.
MinotStateBeav
Just when you thought it was done..they pull you back in

#15 Drops

movielover
Fox Business: "Tesla is up nearly 25% over the past five days and up 48% since the start of the year. The stock remains the Nasdaq 100's best performer, despite being down approximately 42% lower over the past year."
dajo9
Cal88 said:

sycasey said:

Cal88 said:

FWIW I am not a big fan of Modi`s heavy-handed policies with the forced use of digital currency, his neoliberal farming policies that hurt small farmers, and his persecution of religious minorities, among other policies.

He seems to be doing OK however on foreign policy, upholding India`s legacy of non-alignment that was set up by Ghandi and Nehru.

Translation: anybody that doesn't fully ally with Western liberal democracies can't be all bad, despite their harmful conservative policies that we call neoliberal because liberals are a bigger threat to authoritarianism right now
American Vermin
DiabloWags
DiabloWags said:

At these current prices and P/S multiples, one would tend to think that TSLA is discounting an awful lot of bad news.

I might have to do some "nibbling" towards the end of next week.

BOOM!

wifeisafurd
This clearly is one of the weirdest threads of all time. Lot of good commentary. Thanks Elon, you are looking like the next Howard Hughes. A misunderstood, weird dude.

Tesla probably had its best month since May 2013. Production seems to be on target beating market projections, and the stock price moved upward, after months of decline. Yet, I wonder about the long term since Porsche, Mercedes, and domestic competition clearly are catching-up from both an e-car perspective and charging infrastructure perspective, and their customers don't have to face the "unique customer experience" that Tesla provides. But yes, I realize Musk's Tesla shares are worth over $100 billion. Maybe Tesla still is a good investment, but you have to pause now, where a couple years ago, Tesla was a money manger's dream.

Space X apparently is doing well, making money quietly launching satellites into space for commercial businesses, but you wonder with the huge capital investment, is that sustainable? Yes, I realize that Musk's stock value in Space x is probably over $ 15 billion currently).

Then there is Musk's toy Twitter. It never was really profitable. Musk says it's losing $4 million a day. It has Billions in debt even before Musk arrived. It was the picture boy for incompetent management even before Musk arrived, and it had bureaucratic culture that made Berkeley look efficient. And Musk then comes in and runs it like a bad start-up, with massive firings, and modifications to a product that had a lot of users because people actually liked the product, and massive cost cutting to slow the burn rate, but signals bad news to the investment community and everyone else, such at not paying rent. One of the ironies of the Musk takeover is that mismanaged Twitter had great tech and a captive, influential user base was probably a pretty good candidate for a competent leveraged buyout operation that new how to cut costs and change corporate culture over time. But it has instead become a weird psychodrama dominated by Musk picking public fights that turn off advertisers and customers. His analytics probably were right, but Musk seems off (he actually does have Asperger's), as Twitter limps along burning money and slowly bleeding users. How much money is Mosk willing to blow on this toy? What seems to be talked about in the media is a merger, possibly out of bankruptcy to give the massive debt a haircut, with the buyer being a competitor that will have the infrastructure that Musk blew apart. The new combined platform will have dominating power. This sounds like an anti-trust matter, but bankruptcy courts have remarkable autonomy. Musk probably realizes at some point he is in over his head. An interest in a combined platform could be attractive to and a good exit strategy for Musk. He then can concentrate on Tesla and Space X and other ventures which need help to maintain their positions as industry leaders.

movielover
I thought daily users were up? He's cut 75% or more of staff with the product getting better - more options, no degradation in performance. The liberal execs in San Francisco and elsewhere salted the ground before Musk arrived. Advertisers movement in coming months will be interesting.

The Twitter Files are also exposing what many already logically concluded, vast government censorship, which logically is also transpiring at Google, YouTube, etc.

Musk has hinted at an all-everything application. Will he take out YT?
sycasey
wifeisafurd said:

This clearly is one of the weirdest threads of all time. Lot of good commentary. Thanks Elon, you are looking like the next Howard Hughes. A misunderstood, weird dude.

Tesla probably had its best month since May 2013. Production seems to be on target beating market projections, and the stock price moved upward, after months of decline. Yet, I wonder about the long term since Porsche, Mercedes, and domestic competition clearly are catching-up from both an e-car perspective and charging infrastructure perspective, and their customers don't have to face the "unique customer experience" that Tesla provides. But yes, I realize Musk's Tesla shares are worth over $100 billion. Maybe Tesla still is a good investment, but you have to pause now, where a couple years ago, Tesla was a money manger's dream.

Space X apparently is doing well, making money quietly launching satellites into space for commercial businesses, but you wonder with the huge capital investment, is that sustainable? Yes, I realize that Musk's stock value in Space x is probably over $ 15 billion currently).

Then there is Musk's toy Twitter. It never was really profitable. Musk says it's losing $4 million a day. It has Billions in debt even before Musk arrived. It was the picture boy for incompetent management even before Musk arrived, and it had bureaucratic culture that made Berkeley look efficient. And Musk then comes in and runs it like a bad start-up, with massive firings, and modifications to a product that had a lot of users because people actually liked the product, and massive cost cutting to slow the burn rate, but signals bad news to the investment community and everyone else, such at not paying rent. One of the ironies of the Musk takeover is that mismanaged Twitter had great tech and a captive, influential user base was probably a pretty good candidate for a competent leveraged buyout operation that new how to cut costs and change corporate culture over time. But it has instead become a weird psychodrama dominated by Musk picking public fights that turn off advertisers and customers. His analytics probably were right, but Musk seems off (he actually does have Asperger's), as Twitter limps along burning money and slowly bleeding users. How much money is Mosk willing to blow on this toy? What seems to be talked about in the media is a merger, possibly out of bankruptcy to give the massive debt a haircut, with the buyer being a competitor that will have the infrastructure that Musk blew apart. The new combined platform will have dominating power. This sounds like an anti-trust matter, but bankruptcy courts have remarkable autonomy. Musk probably realizes at some point he is in over his head. An interest in a combined platform could be attractive to and a good exit strategy for Musk. He then can concentrate on Tesla and Space X and other ventures which need help to maintain their positions as industry leaders.
At this point, Tesla and Space X are probably better off with Musk leaving them alone to run themselves while he over-focuses on endless Twitter drama.
Unit2Sucks
movielover said:

He's still wealthy but I don't think he can afford to buy and destroy any more big social media properties. Google isn't worrying about Elno.
Eastern Oregon Bear
Unit2Sucks said:

movielover said:

He's still wealthy but I don't think he can afford to buy and destroy any more big social media properties. Google isn't worrying about Elno.
Hey now! It's going to be the best vaporware EVER!!!!!!
Unit2Sucks
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Unit2Sucks said:

movielover said:

Ml was suggesting that Elno might purchase YouTube, not create a competitor. I can't imagine the shareholder unrest if he throws himself even deeper into this social media failure by trying to compete with Google.
Eastern Oregon Bear
Unit2Sucks said:

Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Unit2Sucks said:

movielover said:

Ml was suggesting that Elno might purchase YouTube, not create a competitor. I can't imagine the shareholder unrest if he throws himself even deeper into this social media failure by trying to compete with Google.
You could be right. Movielover skips explaining most of the steps in his thought processes. I figured an all encompassing app might involve creating a new video streaming service but buying YouTube would be easier if it was for sale. It might be more cost effective to buy one of the much smaller video streaming services and upgrade it. Most of them are a no moderation free for all already.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.