Now that Elon will own twitter on Friday or Monday..

125,192 Views | 1694 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by chazzed
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
okaydo said:

"Promoted Free Speech"
BearHunter
The former FBI and now former Twitter employees now work at Starbucks.
movielover
BearHunter said:

And it's not the heart of his current issues.
Eastern Oregon Bear
movielover said:

BearHunter said:

And it's not the heart of his current issues.
Typical movielover. BearHunter makes a statement about a group of people and movielover makes a vague statement about some individual that cannot be identified from what he said. Not that I care to understand what he's going on about.
BearHunter
I see butthurt over Elon Musk is still strong which is funny since Musk isn't a conservative Republican. Meanwhile, the libs also think Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, and Jeff Bezos are slimy but they prefer to keep quiet about them.
sycasey
BearHunter said:

I see butthurt over Elon Musk is still strong which is funny since Musk isn't a conservative Republican. Meanwhile, the libs also think Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, and Jeff Bezos are slimy but they prefer to keep quiet about them.

If you think the Left keeps quiet about these guys then you haven't been paying attention.
dajo9
BearHunter said:

I want to tax the hell out of them all. Do you?
American Vermin
BearHunter
dajo9 said:

BearHunter said:

And ruin the current Biden jobs boom? lol.
dajo9
BearHunter said:

dajo9 said:

BearHunter said:

And ruin the current Biden jobs boom? lol.

You think Musk having $88 billion instead of $90 billion has any impact on job creation? You're just a toady for the billionaire class.
American Vermin
movielover
dajo9 said:

BearHunter said:

I don't want to do them multi-billion dollar favors by importing cheaper (average) programmers from abroad to undercut Americans jobs and preventing underrepresented groups (women, African Americans, Latinos) from joining hi tech.
dimitrig
movielover said:

dajo9 said:

BearHunter said:

I don't want to do them multi-billion dollar favors by importing cheaper (average) programmers from abroad to undercut Americans jobs and preventing underrepresented groups (women, African Americans, Latinos) from joining hi tech.

Wow, did ML just say something I agree with?
dimitrig

Twitter spooked by Threads, threatens to sue Meta for hiring employees after Musk fired everyone.

Link:
https://9to5mac.com/2023/07/06/twitter-meta-threads-sue/

BearHunter
dimitrig said:

Twitter spooked by Threads, threatens to sue Meta for hiring employees after Musk fired everyone.
Musk didn't fire everyone. Many left on their own due to butthurt.
And those he did fire didn't want to come back to the office after he changed company policy.
movielover
I see a number of friends have 2 or 3 accounts on FakeBook... typically 1 or 2 are old. Is this how FB artificially boosts its user count?
okaydo
movielover
Shtrungool vs shtrungool.
BearHunter
Left wing Twitter is so weak. Does left wing Twitter offer anything other than an acknowledgement of the mainstream media narrative and just hatred for the other side?
76BearsFly
Twitter seems to be working ok to me. All kinds of ideas and viewpoints seem available. Only gripe I got is over the Ukraine War coverage; maybe I search wrong but not a whole lot of up to date analysis etc.... YouTube seems to have a little more. They are all biased though..... what ever happened to plain old "news" without the political bias?
Unit2Sucks
76BearsFly said:

Twitter seems to be working ok to me. All kinds of ideas and viewpoints seem available. Only gripe I got is over the Ukraine War coverage; maybe I search wrong but not a whole lot of up to date analysis etc.... YouTube seems to have a little more. They are all biased though..... what ever happened to plain old "news" without the political bias?
I think Twitter as a way of known people sharing information in bite-sized form that can readily be embedded is still mostly functional.

As a platform for organic discussion, it's become more of a hot mess far more overrun by trolls/bots than when Musk pretended to be buying it to rid of bots.

As a business, it's become an even worse disaster and is likely to end up in the hands of creditors in the next year or two, at which point the creditors will try to undo all of the damage that Musk did to it in order to make it capable of being an attractive proposition for advertisers. Recognizing that Twitter wasn't really a growth business and should have been managed accordingly was the only thing Musk got right.

It's PE 101 but he ran the playbook in the worst way possible which cratered their revenue. If a PE shop had bought Twitter it probably could have cut ~1/2 of the costs without any meaningful degradation in service and while continuing to slowly grow revenue. It still wouldn't have been worth $44B which is why no PE firm came in to buy it.

AunBear89
Another Yogi Sock Puppet account on its knees for Elon. Nothing to see here.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
movielover
AunBear89 said:

Another Yogi Sock Puppet account on its knees for Elon. Nothing to see here.

You enjoy these homoerotic visuals, don't you?
AunBear89
Yours is the mind that went there. Perhaps you should ask yourself why?

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
movielover
AunBear89 said:

Yours is the mind that went there. Perhaps you should ask yourself why?

There you go again.
chazzed
BearHunter

Prior to Elon, Twitter had hundreds, maybe thousands left wing extremist employees who did nothing but work with the FBI to interfere with the 2020 election and ban free speech.
Eastern Oregon Bear
BearHunter said:

Prior to Elon, Twitter had hundreds, maybe thousands left wing extremist employees who did nothing but work with the FBI to interfere with the 2020 election and ban free speech.
You really have gone off the rails these days.
BearHunter
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Eastern Oregon Bear
BearHunter said:

Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Members of the jury, I rest my case.
movielover
Not sure why Elon is trying to call it 'X'.
chazzed
"Update: Under Linda Yaccarino, X is placing ads for major brands on a verified pro-Hitler account

Following Media Matters' report, X finally suspended the account"

https://www.mediamatters.org/twitter/update-under-linda-yaccarino-x-placing-ads-major-brands-verified-pro-hitler-account

Eastern Oregon Bear
10% For The Big Guy said:

chazzed said:

"Update: Under Linda Yaccarino, X is placing ads for major brands on a verified pro-Hitler account

Following Media Matters' report, X finally suspended the account"

https://www.mediamatters.org/twitter/update-under-linda-yaccarino-x-placing-ads-major-brands-verified-pro-hitler-account
I'm just thrilled how low Biden polled compared to Hitler.

BTW, Media Matters is a Clinton censorship front in case you mistakenly thought this was an organization with any level of integrity.
I'll mark you down as pro-New American Union and pro-Hitler.
movielover
Another UniParty RINO President Trump exposed.
Eastern Oregon Bear
Every time the right wing turns on other Republicans, I smile. Keep whittling your party down to the 30-35% of the voting public that are TRUE REPUBLICANS. I'm sure that will work out for you in future elections.
BearHunter
Democrats meanwhile, are cultists. Obey or they'll get you.
movielover
President Trump expanded the party, brought in Latinos, gay folks, even rappers sang his praises.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.