Now that Elon will own twitter on Friday or Monday..

125,200 Views | 1694 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by chazzed
movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's complicated.
Eastern Oregon Bear
movielover said:

It's complicated.
It's cheapskate solutions coming home to roost.
movielover
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

movielover said:

It's complicated.

That analysis qualifies you for Antioch JC.
Eastern Oregon Bear
movielover said:

movielover said:

It's complicated.

There is no Antioch JC, Einstein.
movielover

movielover said:

movielover said:

It's complicated.

There is no Antioch JC, Einstein.

Hey genius. Duh!
Eastern Oregon Bear
La Resistance said:

sycasey said:

Tell me, is it a smart business model for Twitter to prevent people from using Twitter? Asking for a friend.
Like most liberal narratives, it fell apart under the smallest amount of examination. Real people aren't reading 6,000 tweets in a day, but government AI bots need to collect all that data to train their systems to identify wrongthink.

You probably ought to move on to whatever the latest liberal/neoconservative explanation of the Nordstream pipeline attack is. This conspiracy theory is played out.
However, real people were limited to 300-600 tweets and that's fairly easy to reach. Judging by the trending "W_T_F Twitter", "rate limited", "Thanks Elon!", etc., I'd say it upset a lot of people.
AunBear89
Not Yogi. He lives Elon. He loves everything Elon does. He pretends it owns the Libs.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
sycasey
AunBear89 said:

Not Yogi. He lives Elon. He loves everything Elon does. He pretended it owns the Libs.

Our resident man-of-the-people populist bravely defending a billionaire owner who fired most of his workers.
BearHunter

I thought the libs were going to quit twitter.
Cal88
BearHunter
dajo9
BearHunter said:

diablowags?
American Vermin
BearHunter
He'll be baaack.
oski003
A federal judge on Tuesday ordered some Biden administration agencies and top officials not to communicate with social media companies about certain content, handing a win to GOP states in a lawsuit accusing the government of going too far in its effort to combat Covid-19 disinformation.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/04/tech/biden-administration-social-media-companies-communication-covid-censorship/index.html
MinotStateBeav
Gary Gnu said:

sycasey said:

AunBear89 said:

Not Yogi. He lives Elon. He loves everything Elon does. He pretended it owns the Libs.
Our resident man-of-the-people populist bravely defending a billionaire owner who fired most of his workers.
Nothing braver on the Internet than a guy who defends the FBI, the CIA, and the military industrial complex.

Musk may not be anybody's idea of a great free speech advocate, but the First Amendment violating Federal Government doesn't get exposed without him buying Twitter and giving Matt Taibbi access to expose their malfeasance and for that, he has done a far greater public service than pretty much anyone admired by your average stooopid Biden voter.
For the owner of a private company, I can't think of anybody who has sacrificed more for the greater good than he has. It's pretty incredible. Some here look at him taking a financial loss and think it's hilarious, while this guy has done more to save your rights from government end arounds on the 1st amendment then you'll ever appreciate.
dajo9
lol
American Vermin
AunBear89
Are those your own words, or are they copy and pasted from The Elon Fanboy Newsletter?
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
oski003
AunBear89 said:

Are those your own words, or are they copy and pasted from The Elon Fanboy Newsletter?

Are these your own words, or are they copied from the I am a miserable angry shrew idiot letter?
bearister
A Reminder of Just Some of the Terrible Things Elon Musk Has Said and Done | Vanity Fair

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/04/elon-musk-twitter-terrible-things-hes-said-and-done

11 Weird and Upsetting Facts About Elon Musk

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/04/11-weird-and-upsetting-facts-about-elon-musk.html

The business ethics of Elon Musk, Tesla, Twitter and the tech industry - Harvard Law School | Harvard Law School

https://hls.harvard.edu/today/the-business-ethics-of-elon-musk-tesla-twitter-and-the-tech-industry/
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
movielover
Some of Musks alleged transgressions:

"Questioning the safety of the COVID-19 vaccines, and baselessly asserting that there were "quite a few negative reactions" to getting a second shot"

Not baseless; now widely and thoroughly documented.

"Likening Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau to Hitler"

The Left loves doing the same. He did hammer truckers and apparently acts in authoritarian ways.
sycasey
dajo9 said:

lol

This meme still accurate.

AunBear89
Yes, you ARE a miserable angry shrew that likes nothing more than to lick police arse. And suck up to famous conservative personalities.

You do you.

(Queue verbatim rewrite with one word changed to own the lib. Losers gonna keep on losing.)
oski003
AunBear89 said:

Yes, you ARE a miserable angry shrew that likes nothing more than to lick police arse. And suck up to famous conservative personalities.

You do you.

(Queue verbatim rewrite with one word changed to own the lib. Losers gonna keep on losing.)

G4R or Okaydo posts a video of a police officer using excessive force on a suspect.

Angrywhinybear89 trolls, What do you think of the cops behavior, oski?

Oski writes, the force on the suspect appears excessive.

Angrywhinybear89 cries, "Appears? Wah, Wah, you cop loving butt kisser!!! Wah Wah Wah. Wah Wah Wah. I want my mommy! Wah Wah Wah. Goo Goo ga ga. Elon is mean too!!! Goo Goo ga ga. Mommy!!!!!!!"
AunBear89
For your word salad:
Cal88
What time is your next appointment?

okaydo

Cal88
Unit2Sucks
sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

lol

Worst thing I've heard about Elno is that he hates his transgender child (and vice versa) and that a lot of his Twitter shenanigans are part of that battle. It's not surprising given that he wields Twitter to punish Tesla critics, etc.

Most of the people who support him do so out of convenience because his interests currently align with theirs. He's a capricious dude and sooner or later will fall out of favor with MAGAts just like he has with his precious weird nerd fans.
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

lol

Worst thing I've heard about Elno is that he hates his transgender child (and vice versa) and that a lot of his Twitter shenanigans are part of that battle. It's not surprising given that he wields Twitter to punish Tesla critics, etc.

Most of the people who support him do so out of convenience because his interests currently align with theirs. He's a capricious dude and sooner or later will fall out of favor with MAGAts just like he has with his precious weird nerd fans.

I've also come to view the online MAGAs also as "weird nerds." I mean, these people earnestly follow accounts called "Trollstoy" and "Catturd." Weird!
Cal88
What's really weird here is the sudden obsession with Musk, which seems to be a new TDS side effect. There are dozens of CEOs who are far more sociopathic and evil than Musk, but his detractors don't care.

Musk is an American hero, I can't think of anyone else who has done as much as him to revive US industry, he has provided nearly a million quality American jobs. Most of the people he has fired from Twitter were overpaid tech deadwood, HR, digital hall monitors and layers of project managers.

Cal88
sycasey said:

Unit2Sucks said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

lol

I've also come to view the online MAGAs also as "weird nerds." I mean, these people earnestly follow accounts called "Trollstoy" and "Catturd." Weird!

That is the only account I trust (though they might occasionally err in their rhino rampage reports) :

sycasey
Cal88 said:

What's really weird here is the sudden obsession with Musk, which seems to be a new TDS side effect. There are dozens of CEOs who are far more sociopathic and evil than Musk, but his detractors don't care.

He has brought it on himself by trying to be a celebrity and openly promoting his politics in public. Then he chose to buy a massive social media platform. Of course he gets more attention than other random CEOs who keep quiet in the media. Nothing weird about it.
movielover
And a number of Woke MBAs, a double negative.
movielover
sycasey said:

Cal88 said:

He has brought it on himself by trying to be a celebrity and openly promoting his politics in public. Then he chose to buy a massive social media platform. Of course he gets more attention than other random CEOs who keep quiet in the media. Nothing weird about it.

He promoted Free Speech, outted government censorship, and upended a Liberal megaphone. His third sin is what bites him.
okaydo

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.