Now that Elon will own twitter on Friday or Monday..

125,659 Views | 1694 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by chazzed
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
movielover
oski003
So many BI posters posting Twitter links constantly, so much so that there are complaints about pages not loading due to the shear amount of Twitter links. Not using Twitter apparently hasn't been going so well. Are liberals getting DT's and falling off the wagon? Musk owns the most real estate in the world.
sycasey
oski003 said:

So many BI posters posting Twitter links constantly, so much so that there are complaints about pages not loading due to the shear amount of Twitter links. Not using Twitter apparently hasn't been going so well. Are liberals getting DT's and falling off the wagon? Musk owns the most real estate in the world.
I mean, it's mostly just okaydo.
movielover
Will Musk ever move Twitter from The City? Austin would tempt many Liberals.

DiabloWags
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Dont forget Going4Roses.
He uses Twitter and TikTok as a surrogate.
In fact, it's a rare post when he doesnt post links from the above.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
Unit2Sucks
DiabloWags said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Dont forget Going4Roses.

I used to criticize Okaydo for posting twitter links but I think it's become the best way to share current events type content. The embed feature on BI is great and it gives the poster an opportunity to share a snippet and a link to the source content. Obviously posters will differ in how they introduce and reflect on the content they share, but I think twitter posts are often the best content to share.

The alternative (which I also use when I think it's best) is to post links to the original source and/or block quotes. The worst is when people vaguely reference something they read, but they don't provide a link and are often times just completely wrong. This is common with the, shall we say, more mature generation.

Tiktok links are annoying because there is no embed feature. If there were, I would be far more likely to view them or whatever but given that the links tell you nothing about the content I'm not about to go and click on them to get taken to some other website to view content that may or may not interest me.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

DiabloWags said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Dont forget Going4Roses.

I used to criticize Okaydo for posting twitter links but I think it's become the best way to share current events type content. The embed feature on BI is great and it gives the poster an opportunity to share a snippet and a link to the source content. Obviously posters will differ in how they introduce and reflect on the content they share, but I think twitter posts are often the best content to share.

The alternative (which I also use when I think it's best) is to post links to the original source and/or block quotes. The worst is when people vaguely reference something they read, but they don't provide a link and are often times just completely wrong. This is common with the, shall we say, more mature generation.

Tiktok links are annoying because there is no embed feature. If there were, I would be far more likely to view them or whatever but given that the links tell you nothing about the content I'm not about to go and click on them to get taken to some other website to view content that may or may not interest me.
I am a big fan of Twitter now that government agencies aren't strongly suggesting (dictating) which posts are hidden and which are highlighted.
sycasey
DiabloWags said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Dont forget Going4Roses.
okaydo is the Twitter guy (outside of the conservatives and Putin stans, anyway). g4r is the TikTok guy.
BearHunter

The bots used to love Twitter but many of them left as well as 80% of Twitter's employees after Elon took over.
chazzed
Unit2Sucks said:

DiabloWags said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Dont forget Going4Roses.

I agree that being able to embed tweets is great. The reader does not have to open any additional tabs and does not have to leave the BI thread
Haloski
BearHunter said:

The bots used to love Twitter but many of them left as well as 80% of Twitter's employees after Elon took over.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble since I know you love people to have to take sides, but that's in line with Trump's Twitter following numbers.
BearHunter
Haloski said:

I'm sorry to burst your bubble since I know you love people to have to take sides, but that's in line with Trump's Twitter following numbers.

Link?
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

DiabloWags said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Dont forget Going4Roses.

I don't have anything against Twitter embeds in and of themselves (I use them too), but it can become difficult to read a thread when it's nothing but a series of embeds that take forever to load (or crash your browser entirely). I criticized BearForce when he was doing it and there's not necessarily anything different about okaydo's thread that also crashes my mobile browser, other than the political lean.

But it's also pretty clear that the mods mostly aren't going to police the "personal Twitter feed" threads, so I've given up on complaining about that.
Eastern Oregon Bear
sycasey said:

Unit2Sucks said:

DiabloWags said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Dont forget Going4Roses.

I don't have anything against Twitter embeds in and of themselves (I use them too), but it can become difficult to read a thread when it's nothing but a series of embeds that take forever to load (or crash your browser entirely). I criticized BearForce when he was doing it and there's not necessarily anything different about okaydo's thread that also crashes my mobile browser, other than the political lean.

But it's also pretty clear that the mods mostly aren't going to police the "personal Twitter feed" threads, so I've given up on complaining about that.
I complained about the Twitter links causing me problems, but I don't want people to stop posting them. I get to read about things I otherwise wouldn't see. Also, once we finished off the page from hell in the one thread, I was fine on the new page. I'll just have to be more judicious about which threads I read on my phone.
Eastern Oregon Bear
BearHunter said:

I wonder how many of Elon Musk's followers are bots.
BearHunter
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

BearHunter said:

I wonder how many of Elon Musk's followers are bots.
Haloski
BearHunter said:

Haloski said:

Link?

You bet:

https://sparktoro.com/blog/we-analyzed-every-twitter-account-following-donald-trump-61-are-bots-spam-inactive-or-propaganda/

Stop trying to divide people. It's not a good use of your time. What's the benefit for you?
BearHunter
Haloski said:

BearHunter said:

Haloski said:

Link?

You bet:

https://sparktoro.com/blog/we-analyzed-every-twitter-account-following-donald-trump-61-are-bots-spam-inactive-or-propaganda/

Stop trying to divide people. It's not a good use of your time. What's the benefit for you?

I don't divide people, I am a unifier. If you stop stalking movielover, I can help you two come together and be friends.

Pre Elon Musk takeover in 2018:

• The most generous theory one might assign is that many people signed up for Twitter, filled out no information, send very few or no tweets, but followed Trump's account and few others, then abandoned the platform. That is certainly true for at least some of these fake followers, though the triggering of some of the spam flags (use of spam-correlated keywords in particular) and the fact that Trump's account is so much higher in fake followers than others, makes this a less comprehensive explanation.
  • Over the summer, Twitter removed a large number of spam accounts, but clearly, there are tens of millions (or more) still remaining on the platform. The singer @KatyPerry supposedly "lost" 2.8 million spam accounts in Twitter's cleanup, while @RealDonaldTrump lost an estimated 300,000. Those numbers are surprising, given that Perry's account appears to have far fewer obviously detectable spam followers (40.6%).
movielover
Musk recently posted they will soon purge lots of Twitter inactive accounts.
chazzed
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

DiabloWags said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Dont forget Going4Roses.

I am a big fan of Twitter now that government agencies aren't strongly suggesting (dictating) which posts are hidden and which are highlighted.

Yeah, it is much more up your alley for Musk to be dictating what we see on Twitter as opposed to government officials -- from both parties -- merely requesting certain content be removed. Especially when the dictator is the subject of this tweet:
oski003
chazzed said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

DiabloWags said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Dont forget Going4Roses.

Yeah, it is much more up your alley for Musk to be dictating what we see on Twitter as opposed to government officials -- from both parties -- merely requesting certain content be removed. Especially when the dictator is the subject of this tweet:

How is this an example of Musk dictating what is seen? This seems to be more of an example of you wanting what Musk posted not to be seen. You seem to support the previous government influenced Twitter censorship, and therefore don't like the new Twitter.
movielover
The (Democrat) government had hundreds of people in various agencies flagging posts for review; in addition, don't forget 'former' FIB hires at Twitter, Facebook, etc.; as well as any unknown number of FIB / CIA individuals employed / paid at NBC, ABC, NYT, etc.
movielover
movielover
chazzed
I did not say this was my proof, similar to how you did not provide proof for your claim that the government dictates what you see on Twitter. The reason for including the tweet in my previous reply is to show how radical Musk is. Speaking from personal experience, I started seeing tweets from extreme right-wingers shortly after Musk took over. There was a new tweet from Musk himself in my feed literally every time I logged on, even though I had not adjusted any preference or changed my behavior on Twitter. I never signed up for his far-right conspiracy theories yet there they were.
movielover
That's free speech. You're OK BLM Marxists and child groomers?
wraptor347
It's happening *more* often now...

https://theintercept.com/2023/03/28/twitter-modi-india-punjab-amritpal-singh/

movielover
Government still helping to run the backend? ($$$)
Unit2Sucks
If only Elno used the massive influence he purchased with Twitter (and augmented through elevating his account) to call out disingenuous right wing talking points instead of amplifying them through his sea lioning.

oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

If only Elno used the massive influence he purchased with Twitter (and augmented through elevating his account) to call out disingenuous right wing talking points instead of amplifying them through his sea lioning.

His post is not disingenuous. It is contrasting the amplified coverage between white on black crime vs black on white crime. Neither of which are specifically a problem, but the media amplifies white on black crime, just like GFR amplifies questionable law enforcement behavior. It is divisive.
DiabloWags
movielover said:

Child groomers?
Like these 2?

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
wraptor347
Which government? There are several countries filling as many or more takedown requests as the US (e.g. India).

Some more likely explanations:
Maybe Musk fired all the people who would have pushed back on these requests.

Maybe the people left don't have time to try and fight takedown requests from every government.

Maybe Musk doesn't really care about free speech and mostly cares about promoting his viewpoint...
BearHunter
DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

Child groomers?
Like these 2?

Mostly Democrats visited Epstein's island. These people aren't groomers, they're pedophiles.
Unit2Sucks
Odd, I wonder why Elno would respond this way time and time again.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.