Now that Elon will own twitter on Friday or Monday..

125,197 Views | 1694 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by chazzed
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And so?
What next?

concordtom
For all those "free speech" folks who think "Moderators" are bad, here's something to watch and consider.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live/video/20221218032040-60-minutes-presents-suing-social-media/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/social-media-regulation-lobby-60-minutes-2022-11/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tiktok-pushes-potentially-harmful-content-to-users-as-often-as-every-39-seconds-study/
MinotStateBeav
Twitter Files drop #7 Michael Shellenberger writes for this batch.

FBI paid twitter 3.4 million for their use of twitter employee hours lol. Pretty much every possible way the FBI could betray the citizens of this country, they were doing it.

Unit2Sucks
LOL Elno thinks he's going to prove anything by having nutjob "journalists" doing his bidding. I don't like Jack Dorsey but he's right about this. If Elno wants to pretend to be transparent, then release the source files for all journalists to peruse, not just obviously biased ones who he has chosen.

All this proves is that Elno is as agenda-driven as he accuses others of being and has no real interest in free speech. So his entire thesis for buying Twitter was a lie but that's not really a big surprise.
WalterSobchak
oski003 said:

oski003
WalterSobchak said:

oski003 said:

Lol. Since he posted he was at a sporting event, that must mean he should be tracked and his location broadcasted 24/7. Of course!
movielover
New Twitter Dump. This was expected.

Eastern Oregon Bear
I can't wait for the Twitter File dumps about how Twitter enabled 9/11 and caused the Space Shuttle disasters.
movielover
The releases are being filtered and the Obama years shielded. I believe this goes back to the Patriot Act and the Arab Spring (Obama).
tequila4kapp
https://thefederalist.com/2022/12/19/6-huge-takeaways-from-the-sixth-dump-of-twitter-files/
DiabloWags
When the share price of TSLA drops 60%

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
dajo9
DiabloWags said:

He should reply that his great idea is selling TSLA stock and buying other companies that are managed better
American Vermin
oski003
dajo9 said:

DiabloWags said:

He should reply that his great idea is selling TSLA stock and buying other companies that are managed better

Tesla is managed phenomenally. Tesla stock is dropping with the rest of the sector, which was overvalued. His sales indeed contribute to the drop of Tesla stock. I actually thought the initial Twitter deal rumors were Musk's way of selling stock without tipping people off that big drops were on their way.
concordtom
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

I can't wait for the Twitter File dumps about how Twitter enabled 9/11 and caused the Space Shuttle disasters.

Well, I'll be combing for UFOs and who killed JFK.
oski003
concordtom said:

I will be waiting for information about how Twitter (like Facebook and Google etc) hid information critical of the approved covid vaccines at the request of governmental agencies.
movielover
Notice how the attorney-provided Twitter Files start at 2017?

They're protecting Obama-Biden - who started the practices w the Arab Spring.
oski003
movielover said:

Notice how the attorney-provided Twitter Files start at 2017?

They're protecting Obama-Biden - who started the practices w the Arab Spring.

You can't fight everybody.
tequila4kapp
concordtom said:

I remember a time when liberals used to be wary of the CIA and FBI's activities against private citizens. What is happening now is every bit as bad - if not way, way worse - than what they did against liberals in the late 60's / early 70s. The fact it is happening on behalf of liberals shouldn't minimize the wrongness. Remember MLK's statement - injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
dajo9
tequila4kapp said:

concordtom said:

I remember a time when liberals used to be wary of the CIA and FBI's activities against private citizens. What is happening now is every bit as bad - if not way, way worse - than what they did against liberals in the late 60's / early 70s. The fact it is happening on behalf of liberals shouldn't minimize the wrongness. Remember MLK's statement - injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.

I'm all for repeal and replace of the FBI. Are you?
American Vermin
movielover
As long as we don't rehire, or hire as consultants, anybody in the WFO, NY, or SF.

Any how many of our endless, unneeded, wars were spurred by the CIA or State Department? Why do we have thousands of State Dept employees (and the spouses we hire with make-busy jobs) in places like London? All of those employees likely schmoozing w the MIC and MSM.
bearister
A driver told authorities that their Tesla's "full-self-driving" software braked unexpectedly and triggered an eight-car pileup in the San Francisco Bay Area last month that led to nine people being treated for minor injuries including one juvenile who was hospitalized, according to a California Highway Patrol traffic crash report.

https://abc7news.com/automotive/driver-tesla-full-self-driving-triggered-8-car-crash-on-bay-bridge/12599448/
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
I enjoyed this article

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/musk-couldn-t-fix-twitter-091900232.html

Musk couldn't fix Twitter in two months, so now he's making it look like no one can…
concordtom
tequila4kapp said:

concordtom said:

Sorry. I'm in the dark.
Please spell out for me what the big fear is here?
concordtom
dajo9 said:

tequila4kapp said:

concordtom said:

I'm all for repeal and replace of the FBI. Are you?

Can we get some repeal and replace of movielover?
DiabloWags
Shares of TSLA are down 25% since Musk unloaded 22 million shares last week.
And they are down 62% since I posted that Musk's proposed acquisition of TWTR would put TSLA shareholder's at a huge risk.

But amateurs claim that the shares are simply down with the rest of the EV market.
lol

oski003
DiabloWags said:

Shares of TSLA are down 25% since Musk unloaded 22 million shares last week.
And they are down 62% since I posted that Musk's proposed acquisition of TWTR would put TSLA shareholder's at a huge risk.

But amateurs claim that the shares are simply down with the rest of the EV market.
lol

Other EVs are down about 7% in that time period and Tesla down 17%, thus showing that Musks' stock sales further dropped the price about 10% more than the rest of the sector. Online math courses are at your fingertips. https://courseretriever.com/how-to-learn-math-as-an-older-adult/
tequila4kapp
concordtom said:

tequila4kapp said:

concordtom said:

Sorry. I'm in the dark.
The FBI, DNI and other alphabet agencies are using social media to silence speech they don't like. They outsource some of the activities and they do just enough to provide legal cover, but the government is censoring and suppressing speech of private citizens based on content. Almost always on one side, for political effect, to influence elections.

See Hemingway's reporting, often available at the federalist.com
DiabloWags
I guess if you were long shares of Polestar from $11.50 you'd probably feel the same as a TSLA shareholder.

Misery loves company.

oski003
DiabloWags said:

I guess if you were long shares of Polestar from $11.50 you'd probably feel the same as a TSLA shareholder.

Misery loves company.

Or Nio or Lucid or Rivian or Xpeng or AMV or MULN or ... you SHOULD get the picture. I guess they are miserable too?
Unit2Sucks
tequila4kapp said:

concordtom said:

tequila4kapp said:

concordtom said:

Sorry. I'm in the dark.
The FBI, DNI and other alphabet agencies are using social media to silence speech they don't like. They outsource some of the activities and they do just enough to provide legal cover, but the government is censoring and suppressing speech of private citizens based on content. Almost always on one side, for political effect, to influence elections.

See Hemingway's reporting, often available at the federalist.com

If true, all you are doing is confirming that the GOP relies on disinformation to win elections. The fact that GOP discourse is more likely to leverage dangerous rhetoric and rely on stolen/misappropriated information doesn't speak well for the GOP. I haven't heard anything alleged that would have impacted the election as much as the FBI meddling in 2026 which clearly hurt Clinton and helped elect Trump.

Furthermore its hilarious to complain about influencing elections and them referencing who you did. Mollie Hemingway and the federalist are about as biased as they come, so forgive me if I don't think you can rely on her reporting for any value. GOP has been playing this game for years The GOP benefits more from biased reporting and suppression of information than the Democrats and it's not even close. See Fox News - by far the most popular right wing media - which had a close and incestuous relationship with 45's administration. If you really cared about bias in the media and/or government meddling, you are missing all of the action. The Fox News bias has had a far more corrosive influence on political discourse and our elections than anything that has been alleged to have occurred in relation to Twitter.
tequila4kapp
I will try again.

This is THE GOVERNMENT acting to limit speech via a media entity. 1st Amendment.

Editorial choices made by Fox, CNN, etc do not invoke the 1st Amendment and are irrelevant
sycasey
tequila4kapp said:

I will try again.

This is THE GOVERNMENT acting to limit speech via a media entity. 1st Amendment.

Editorial choices made by Fox, CNN, etc do not invoke the 1st Amendment and are irrelevant
It's only a 1st amendment issue if the government threatens some kind of penalty for not following their recommendations. Otherwise, the government is free to try to coerce people or media outlets into agreeing them them out of their own free will, just like any other entity in this country.

So far, I don't think there's been any documentation of any kind of threat coming from the government.
oski003
sycasey said:

tequila4kapp said:

I will try again.

It's only a 1st amendment issue if the government threatens some kind of penalty for not following their recommendations. Otherwise, the government is free to try to coerce people or media outlets into agreeing them them out of their own free will, just like any other entity in this country.

So far, I don't think there's been any documentation of any kind of threat coming from the government.

Can the federal government take 100 billion of our tax money to pay tech companies to censor people's posts to create the narrative they want? That is okay as long as they aren't forcing them to censor people's posts?
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Misery loves company.

Or Nio or Lucid or Rivian or Xpeng or AMV or MULN or ... you SHOULD get the picture. I guess they are miserable too?

Do you still own Polestar from $11.50?
Looks like it was never really a profitable trade/investment from January.
Might be a decent candidate for a tax-loss season bounce.

Rosner at DB slashed his Q4 EPS for TSLA to $1.05 a share.
The consensus is for $1.24

He cited economic weakness in China.
But also postponement of Q4 deliveries into Q1 of next year for those consumers who wish to benefit from the Inflation Reduction Act's EV incentives.

sycasey
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

tequila4kapp said:

I will try again.

Can the federal government take 100 billion of our tax money to pay tech companies to censor people's posts to create the narrative they want? That is okay as long as they aren't forcing them to censor people's posts?

I mean, technically yes they can. The government can spend tax money how it pleases. You can certainly argue that they shouldn't, and that's all fair. It's just not a 1st Amendment issue.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.