Today, in cops

72,107 Views | 1203 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by going4roses
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

You couldnt pay me $200,000 to live in The South.
No way, No how, Never.

This wont work out very well for you Memphis.
Hope you're all paid up on your insurance cause you're going to wind up being sued a lot.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/04/07/kurt-rappaport-celebrity-realtor-former-california-residents-move-back-shooting-bans/
okaydo
going4roses
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
going4roses
okaydo
going4roses
going4roses
going4roses
going4roses
Rouge cops … wow this behavior seems sketchy at best

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRTghHnh/
calbear93
going4roses said:

I guess there is shortage of candidates. Weird choice.

Can people, including criminals, be rehabilitated? Seems the answer is no.
going4roses
Holy shhh

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRTgCyLP/
oski003
going4roses said:

Holy shhh

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRTgCyLP/

Tragic and awful for both the officers and the criminal who was shot. Difficult ordeal. Very tough job to be a police officer.
going4roses
Too bad he wasn't white huh

The TikTok link is especially for your ilk
oski003
going4roses said:

There doesn't appear to be any indication that the cops shooting of the armed criminal holding a loaded gun that he had just discharged was racially motivated. Very scary that this criminal had a concealed loaded handgun the entire time up until he appeared to shoot it. I didn't watch the Tik Tok video because Tik Tok sucks. I can't speak for whatever ilk you are referring to. Please stop being racist and also try to understand the enormous difficulty of a police officer's job.
calbear93
oski003 said:

going4roses said:

There doesn't appear to be any indication that the cops shooting of the armed criminal holding a loaded gun that he had just discharged was racially motivated. Very scary that this criminal had a concealed loaded handgun the entire time up until he appeared to shoot it. I didn't watch the Tik Tok video because Tik Tok sucks. I can't speak for whatever ilk you are referring to. Please stop being racist and also try to understand the enormous difficulty of a police officer's job.
Interesting that some of us can refer to a group as "your ilk" and "you people", in each case, grouping people by color of their skin, and it's somehow OK.

That type of behavior kind of dilutes whatever message one is trying to convey when one takes an entitled attitude that they are exempted from accountability for bad behavior because of an inalienable trait.
okaydo
okaydo
okaydo
going4roses
Yikes
WalterSobchak
The ilk to which he's referring has nothing to do with race. It's an attitude.
Give to Cal Legends! https://calegends.com/donation/ Do it now. Text every Cal fan you know, give them the link, tell them how much you gave, and ask them to text every Cal fan they know and do the same.
going4roses
Exactly its whomever possess or coddleds that mindset.
going4roses
That's plausible to understandable. At least you stated your point in a reasonable manner.

Respect that

My feelings on this topic are touchy because of past interactions with LOE so I'm biased but wrong is wrong but we all can get out of hand from time to time
oski003
going4roses said:

That's plausible to understandable. At least you stated your point in a reasonable manner.

Respect that

My feelings on this topic are touchy because of past interactions with LOE so I'm biased but wrong is wrong but we all can get out of hand from time to time

When I was younger, I had some bad interactions with LOE. That is before I stopped being an idiot. There is a cultural and behavioral element involved in having negative interactions with LOE. It isn't purely skin color in 95% of the country. Hopefully, we can get that evil racism eradicated from a few individuals and areas of hatred.
going4roses
going4roses

My moms would stop every time she saw young Black men and police and would watch and ask them are they ok.

This country is shameful
oski003
going4roses said:

My moms would stop every time she saw young Black men and police and would watch and ask them are they ok.

This country is shameful

What exactly did the officer do to deserve the verbal abuse from the angry black woman? The video doesn't include the officer's alleged wrongdoings. It seems like she did an excellent job maintaining her composure despite the verbal assault. I feel we have created an anti-LEO environment where nobody wants to be a police officer for fear of being on the other side of these videos when they are good-heartedly trying to do their job by stopping crime and keeping the peace. It is indeed a sad situation.
AunBear89
So typically on-brand for you.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
oski003
AunBear89 said:

So typically on-brand for you.

Do you have anything constructive to add to this conversation where a poster demonizes a cop and glorifies an angry woman verbally assaulting her?
AunBear89
Something more constructive than your typical "cops good, black people bad" contributions? Why do you hold others to a higher standard than you hold yourself?
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
oski003
AunBear89 said:

Something more constructive than your typical "cops good, black people bad" contributions? Why do you hold others to a higher standard than you hold yourself?

What exactly did the officer do to deserve the extensive verbal abuse from the angry woman? The woman continued to escalate the situation. Watching her treatment of the officer was stressful.
AunBear89
I am sure we can find a safe space for you and that poor officer. Maybe she will reveal something of her self to you rather than hide behind her silly thin blue line American flag bandana.
oski003
AunBear89 said:

I am sure we can find a safe space for you and that poor officer. Maybe she will reveal something of her self to you rather than hide behind her silly thin blue line American flag bandana.

Congratulations for almost sort of saying something of substance. I will address what you said that contained a modicum of substance. While I don't like her bandana flag, this incident happened in 2020, during the height of covid. She is covering her face to protect herself from covid 19. It is fairly common for posts in "Today in Cops" to rehash things that happened in the past, ie not 'Today.'
going4roses
Unmitigated acceptance of white depravity is your lane
oski003
going4roses said:

Unmitigated acceptance of white depravity is your lane

Unmitigated blame of everybody and everything but yourself is your lane***

*** This statement is not true and neither is yours. Please try to empathize with the difficulties that police officers face. It is a tough job. Please try to imagine that you are the officer here. The angry woman is close, yelling, escalating the situation, and refuses to back away and deescalate it. Yes, some police officers are bad and, certainly some departments are worse than others. Please try not to generalize so much.
okaydo

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.