Today, in cops

72,158 Views | 1203 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by going4roses
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
okaydo
okaydo
okaydo
going4roses
Yikes i missed this part
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
going4roses
He should sue both Kai and the police I'd say 70/30
going4roses
82gradDLSdad said:

going4roses said:

We have been waiting for a long long time why does basic common decency have to wait ?

There has been enough damage… has it not ?

I have many nice, normal police friends. They are friends from high school. 50 years! I know why they follow strict procedures. You think it is from anger or racism or whatever. I KNOW that it is not. They want to go home to their wives and kids. They have a tough job and they are putting their lives on the line everyday, even during a routine stop. I think you know from my posts that I'm not a crackpot. I'm just telling you reality from their side and I don't want folks to die because they think all cops are nuts. Live to argue another day. Be well.

What did the two men do to deserve this ? How could they have avoided it happening besides un alive ing them?

Living with this threat 24/7 365 for the duration of one's life is beyond stressful but living/surviving w/ the impending threat is not right
oski003
going4roses said:

He should sue both Kai and the police I'd say 70/30

I hope he gets nothing and learns a lesson in personal responsibility. I am okay with the city suing Kai to recover their losses and expenses.
okaydo
Cal88
okaydo said:

Overall, they did show a lot of restraint, though the situation might have forced that:

okaydo
okaydo
I'm tired of these woke publications like the New York Post hating on cops.

going4roses
okaydo said:

This one like most is really disappointing to disturbingly unacceptable. If you don't see why this condoned behavior/policy is a primary part of why this country is falling apart you need help because you are part of the problem.

With a newborn baby in his arms
Not a threat
Not a verifiable suspect
This situation is so bad and is replicated over and over everywhere everyday.
Imagine living with this kind of threat everyday one's life !!!!!! FROM BIRTH TO DEATH!!!!! This why Reparations are the only way to remove Black people from the possibility of this and other forms of ws(white depravity) via systemic racism.
They dont even follow their own rules !!!!! TIME DISTANCE COVER.
Geez us H F ing Christ.
If I was there those 2 cops would have been unalived they don't deserve to live abusing power in this fashion.
Think for moment this isn't their first transgression !!!! They have ruined so many lives in the past and most likely also their families dv /SA/ child and or elderly abuse.

Now to the links I meant to post yesterday

Where is the presumption of innocence? I don't see it

If you don't live everyday w/ this threat speaking positively in their favor makes you a terrible person.
oski003
going4roses said:

okaydo said:

This one like most is really disappointing to disturbingly unacceptable. If you don't see why this condoned behavior/policy is a primary part of why this country is falling apart you need help because you are part of the problem.

With a newborn baby in his arms
Not a threat
Not a verifiable suspect
This situation is so bad and is replicated over and over everywhere everyday.
Imagine living with this kind of threat everyday one's life !!!!!! FROM BIRTH TO DEATH!!!!! This why Reparations are the only way to remove Black from the possibility of this and other forms of ws(white depravity) systemic racism.
They dont even follow their own rules !!!!! TIME DISTANCE COVER.
Geez us H F ing Christ.
If I was there those 2 cops would have been unalived they don't deserve to live abusing power in this fashion.
Think for moment this isn't their first transgression !!!! They have ruined so many lives in the past and most likely also their families dv /SA/ child and or elderly abuse.

Now to the links I meant to post yesterday

Where is the presumption of innocence? I don't see it

If you don't live everyday w/ this threat speaking positively in their favor makes you a terrible person.

Why was the man resisting arrest? Also, misidentifying suspects is not condoned behavior.

THE MAIN PROBLEM IS YOUR CONDONING OF
1) RESISTING ARREST;
2) DISORDERLY CONDUCT; and
3) OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE.

This wasn't a fun activity for the police officers. They'd much prefer the misidentified suspect comply, so then they could move on and arrest the real suspects who crashed their car into somebody and then fled into the restaurant.
going4roses
Go **** yourself expeditiously
okaydo
going4roses
Damn you beat me to it. I gotta be quicker huh lol

F ing ridiculous.

We can't exist
oski003
going4roses said:

Damn you beat me to it. I gotta be quicker huh lol

F ing ridiculous.

We can't exist

I got arrested once for suspicion of stealing. I was handcuffed on the ground. I still exist. Hopefully, we all do better and stop fostering the hatred that divides us.
okaydo
okaydo
More wokeness from the New York Post.

okaydo
okaydo
82gradDLSdad
okaydo said:

I suspect it's going to take a 'Mothers against drunk driving' movement to get law enforcement to crack down on driving while looking at your phone.
okaydo
okaydo
82gradDLSdad said:

okaydo said:

I suspect it's going to take a 'Mothers against drunk driving' movement to get law enforcement to crack down on driving while looking at your phone.

Maybe they should crack down on drivers first.
okaydo
okaydo
okaydo said:

chazzed
(Apologies if this is a booth.)

calbear93
chazzed said:

Would you feel more sympathetic if he were car jacking, shop lifting or vandalizing as opposed to providing medical assistance that led to the confrontation? Assume a different race and assume this was in the pursuit of stopping a crime and you may find more sympathy and rationalization.

If Pete Strzok wants to continue to portray that his role in investigating Trump while he was in the FBI was not political, he should not act like some knee-jerk liberal hack like this.
going4roses
Lol
calbear93
going4roses said:

Lol

Smh
Eastern Oregon Bear
calbear93 said:

chazzed said:

Would you feel more sympathetic if he were car jacking, shop lifting or vandalizing as opposed to providing medical assistance that led to the confrontation? Assume a different race and assume this was in the pursuit of stopping a crime and you may find more sympathy and rationalization.
So you think you can justify Ronny Jackson's actions by comparing it to a completely different made up situation?
Quote:

If Pete Strzok wants to continue to portray that his role in investigating Trump while he was in the FBI was not political, he should not act like some knee-jerk liberal hack like this.
What difference does it make who posted the video if it's an unaltered video? An asshat acting like an asshat is still an asshat.

I suspect Pete Strzok wasn't the only account posting that video.
calbear93
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

calbear93 said:

chazzed said:

So you think you can justify Ronny Jackson's actions by comparing it to a completely different made up situation?
Quote:

What difference does it make who posted the video if it's an unaltered video? An asshat acting like an asshat is still an asshat.

I am asking you why you justify similar actions by criminals when you are so offended by this. For me, I am offended by both. When have I said what he did is OK? For me, always obey the police officer and trust law and order. Doesn't matter if you are a doctor or a shop lifter/car jacker.

I did not say the Pete Strzok was the only one posting. But the accusation from the far right was that his political bias as opposed to evidence drove the aggressive investigation of Trump based on discredited source. His decision to post tweets (this isn't the only one) that reveals he is a liberal hack just adds support to the accusations made by the far right. Not helpful. And it was not altered but it was taken out of context. Where is the portion showing what he was doing before being detained? Does he post similar things when there is accusation of police brutality when the detained refuses to obey police order? Seems biased, no? Maybe not to you. Again, you think the right is blinded by tribalism. Yet you don't see it in yourself.
Eastern Oregon Bear
calbear93 said:

calbear93 said:

chazzed said:

Quote:

I am asking you why you justify similar actions by criminals when you are so offended by this. For me, I am offended by both. When have I said what he did is OK? For me, always obey the police officer and trust law and order. Doesn't matter if you are a doctor or a shop lifter/car jacker.

I did not say the Pete Strzok was the only one posting. But the accusation from the far right was that his political bias as opposed to evidence drove the aggressive investigation of Trump based on discredited source. His decision to post tweets (this isn't the only one) that reveals he is a liberal hack just adds support to the accusations made by the far right. Not helpful. And it was not altered but it was taken out of context. Where is the portion showing what he was doing before being detained? Does he post similar things when there is accusation of police brutality when the detained refuses to obey police order? Seems biased, no? Maybe not to you. Again, you think the right is blinded by tribalism. Yet you don't see it in yourself.
When have I ever defended criminals? I've steered clear of those arguments. You're the one who seems agitated and emotional about this. Calling me "so offended" is a rather large overstatement of my feelings in the matter. It seems like a misunderstanding that got out of control because of Jackson's behavior. Not that big a deal.

Yes, I'd like to see some video of what happened earlier. It would make what followed clearer to understand. However, since that video doesn't seem to exist, I have to go with what I saw on the video. Jackson acting belligerent and overwrought, resisting the officers and bystanders saying Jackson's help wasn't needed or desired. Certainly, by the time the cops showed up, there were other people that could provide any needed medical assistance. Yet Jackson continued to be angry and act out. It doesn't make him look innocent. It makes me wonder if it's another instance of his being drunk in public.
calbear93

calbear93 said:

calbear93 said:

chazzed said:

Quote:

When have I ever defended criminals? I've steered clear of those arguments. You're the one who seems agitated and emotional about this. Calling me "so offended" is a rather large overstatement of my feelings in the matter. It seems like a misunderstanding that got out of control because of Jackson's behavior. Not that big a deal.

Yes, I'd like to see some video of what happened earlier. It would make what followed clearer to understand. However, since that video doesn't seem to exist, I have to go with what I saw on the video. Jackson acting belligerent and overwrought, resisting the officers and bystanders saying Jackson's help wasn't needed or desired. Certainly, by the time the cops showed up, there were other people that could provide any needed medical assistance. Yet Jackson continued to be angry and act out. It doesn't make him look innocent. It makes me wonder if it's another instance of his being drunk in public.

Fair enough. Just to be clear, if you think Jackson disobeying police in this example is stupid and inexcusable, you also believe the same , similar to Oski003, in those examples posted by G4R in the Today, in cops. Otherwise you are just talking out of both sides of your mouth. I will affirmative claim that in both cases, the detained were being foolish.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.