Today, in cops

71,636 Views | 1203 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by going4roses
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

going4roses said:

At this rate law enforcement is virtually infallible… practically never ever wrong no matter what the actual evidence shows.

You and that mindset(social construct) is the exact reason Critical Legal Studies had to be become a thing because "in order to get a person to support a policy you must first wind the mind "

This is exactly right. The starting point (even with corrupt and blundering LAPD) is that the cops are always right. They're shooting at a black guy so the black guy must be a criminal. This was an obviously bad shoot - there was no reason to wantonly fire a weapon. Even if what 003 is saying is true you don't need to fire a weapon. That's why 003 both defends unconditionally and then follows up at the end by acknowledging that it was poor police work.

If I'm a black guy and I see the police speeding toward me with guns blazing of course I fooking run for cover. Look at the girl who gets out of the car to save herself. This is just human survival instinct. There is no way in h=ll that 003 sees cops shooting at him for no reason and walks into gunfire with his hands up. One of the dumbest propositions I've ever heard is to think that any rational person would act differently than the shooting victims here - they did what any other people would do, move to safety in the face of gunfire. 003 is just doing his normal braindead contrarian thing and his opinion should be disregarded entirely as not reflective of any reality we live in.

003 does not defend unconditionally. Wrong again, doing your braindead woke crap. I live much closer to this reality than you realize. I hope my kids aren't thinking as stupidly as you are here. I demand better behavior than almost all the people in these videos. In trying to balance kommie's one-sided paragraphs, I never once said the cops should have shot at the person. You fail here buddy.
I acknowledge that after inventing any number of baseless defenses for the bad cops, you have repeatedly said that you aren't "saying it's good or proper police work".

But what is your goal here? Are you really teaching your kids that when they are walking into their home and face a hail of gunfire that they should turn around and walk toward danger? If so, you would be the only person on the planet to do so. The victims of this senseless gunfire did what they should have done.

Contrarian nonsense and not reflective of any shared reality.

I would teach my kids to respect, be aware of, and acknowledge the police. 99% of them are there to keep all of us safe. I definitely would not want them to turn away from the police while holding an object that looked like a handgun as if it were a handgun. I haven't really focused at all on the lady running, as you are well aware. I know you can't help it, but please don't conjure other people's arguments. Have some integrity.

If what I posted about an occupant of the car being a wanted gang member is true, it blows Kommie's entire narrative out of the sky. It should certainly better explain the actions of the car's occupants.
You aren't very familiar with the constitution if you think that police can perform drive-by executions on "wanged gang members".

You continue to fail to acknowledge basic human behaviors, which is what we saw here. Even if the victims of gunfire here had just committed a murder, there would be no reason for the police to perform a drive-by shooting. That's just not allowable under any constitutional framework.

Police forces, particularly the LAPD, have perpetrated violence like this against communities of color for decades (more really). That's why so many are distrustful of police and why a person minding his own damn business wouldn't think to run toward police who have opened fire.

Honestly, I can't believe you are continuing to claim otherwise. You think anyone in their right fooking mind would hear gunshots (whatever the origin) and present themselves as a better target?

You really have zero reading comprehension if you think I ever said

that police can perform drive-by executions on "wanged gang members".

Everything isn't black and white, dude.
You don't have to defend all bad behavior by cops. Some times cops commit misconduct and when they do they should be criticized. But yet here we are with you both acknowledging that you can't claim this is proper police work yet continuing to defend the cops. Textbook example from the 003 contrarian playbook.

Just because I educate folks about anti-cop misinformation that breeds further distrust and hatred, further souring divisions in our society, it doesn't mean I advocate for the officer shooting here. Textbook example of Unit2 turning something into something it isn't, so he can support his liberal agenda.
Just a bunch of garbage. Be careful not to hurt yourself falling off your high horse ("I educate folks").

As for "souring divisions", the fact that cops prey on communities of color is a bigger problem than people criticizing cops for bad behavior. The LAPD has been a corrupt state actor for decades, if not longer. Do you remember Rampart? Do you think the problem of "distrust and hatred" is a product of shedding light on corruption or the fact that corruption exists?

There was no reason for you to show up and white knight for this egregious shooting by LAPD but here you are. As with your low energy trolling style, I expect you to continue to rephrase my commentary like you did above. If you are going to have such trite and pathetic takes here, at least try to be entertaining rather than failing on all levels as a poster.

I wish there was objective reporting on these sensitive issues instead of fear and hate mongering twitter users driving an anti-cop agenda. If the initial link had some real objective perspective, I would not need to post at all, and there could be honest discussion about proper police procedure, which this officer obviously did not follow.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

going4roses said:

At this rate law enforcement is virtually infallible… practically never ever wrong no matter what the actual evidence shows.

You and that mindset(social construct) is the exact reason Critical Legal Studies had to be become a thing because "in order to get a person to support a policy you must first wind the mind "

This is exactly right. The starting point (even with corrupt and blundering LAPD) is that the cops are always right. They're shooting at a black guy so the black guy must be a criminal. This was an obviously bad shoot - there was no reason to wantonly fire a weapon. Even if what 003 is saying is true you don't need to fire a weapon. That's why 003 both defends unconditionally and then follows up at the end by acknowledging that it was poor police work.

If I'm a black guy and I see the police speeding toward me with guns blazing of course I fooking run for cover. Look at the girl who gets out of the car to save herself. This is just human survival instinct. There is no way in h=ll that 003 sees cops shooting at him for no reason and walks into gunfire with his hands up. One of the dumbest propositions I've ever heard is to think that any rational person would act differently than the shooting victims here - they did what any other people would do, move to safety in the face of gunfire. 003 is just doing his normal braindead contrarian thing and his opinion should be disregarded entirely as not reflective of any reality we live in.

003 does not defend unconditionally. Wrong again, doing your braindead woke crap. I live much closer to this reality than you realize. I hope my kids aren't thinking as stupidly as you are here. I demand better behavior than almost all the people in these videos. In trying to balance kommie's one-sided paragraphs, I never once said the cops should have shot at the person. You fail here buddy.
I acknowledge that after inventing any number of baseless defenses for the bad cops, you have repeatedly said that you aren't "saying it's good or proper police work".

But what is your goal here? Are you really teaching your kids that when they are walking into their home and face a hail of gunfire that they should turn around and walk toward danger? If so, you would be the only person on the planet to do so. The victims of this senseless gunfire did what they should have done.

I would teach my kids to respect, be aware of, and acknowledge the police. 99% of them are there to keep all of us safe. I definitely would not want them to turn away from the police while holding an object that looked like a handgun as if it were a handgun. I haven't really focused at all on the lady running, as you are well aware. I know you can't help it, but please don't conjure other people's arguments. Have some integrity.

If what I posted about an occupant of the car being a wanted gang member is true, it blows Kommie's entire narrative out of the sky. It should certainly better explain the actions of the car's occupants.
You aren't very familiar with the constitution if you think that police can perform drive-by executions on "wanged gang members".

You continue to fail to acknowledge basic human behaviors, which is what we saw here. Even if the victims of gunfire here had just committed a murder, there would be no reason for the police to perform a drive-by shooting. That's just not allowable under any constitutional framework.

Police forces, particularly the LAPD, have perpetrated violence like this against communities of color for decades (more really). That's why so many are distrustful of police and why a person minding his own damn business wouldn't think to run toward police who have opened fire.

Honestly, I can't believe you are continuing to claim otherwise. You think anyone in their right fooking mind would hear gunshots (whatever the origin) and present themselves as a better target?

You don't have to defend all bad behavior by cops. Some times cops commit misconduct and when they do they should be criticized. But yet here we are with you both acknowledging that you can't claim this is proper police work yet continuing to defend the cops. Textbook example from the 003 contrarian playbook.

Just because I educate folks about anti-cop misinformation that breeds further distrust and hatred, further souring divisions in our society, it doesn't mean I advocate for the officer shooting here. Textbook example of Unit2 turning something into something it isn't, so he can support his liberal agenda.
Just a bunch of garbage. Be careful not to hurt yourself falling off your high horse ("I educate folks").

As for "souring divisions", the fact that cops prey on communities of color is a bigger problem than people criticizing cops for bad behavior. The LAPD has been a corrupt state actor for decades, if not longer. Do you remember Rampart? Do you think the problem of "distrust and hatred" is a product of shedding light on corruption or the fact that corruption exists?

There was no reason for you to show up and white knight for this egregious shooting by LAPD but here you are. As with your low energy trolling style, I expect you to continue to rephrase my commentary like you did above. If you are going to have such trite and pathetic takes here, at least try to be entertaining rather than failing on all levels as a poster.

I wish there was objective reporting on these sensitive issues instead of fear and hate mongering twitter users driving an anti-cop agenda. If the initial link had some real objective perspective, I would not need to post at all, and there could be honest discussion about proper police procedure, which this officer obviously did not follow.
Cool, feel free to share objective reporting. Providing baseless speculative defenses of obvious police misconduct isn't a great way to combat an "anti-cop agenda". If you really cared about things that "breed further mistrust and hatred" or "further souring divisions in our society" then white knighting for criminal cops isn't a great starting point.

Everyone should criticize agents of the state who misuse state power. There is a time and place to criticize people who you think unfairly malign good cops, but this isn't it. What we see from you is a pattern of frustrated contrarian attempts to combat what you think is an "anti-cop agenda" by feeling like you must go against the grain, even in a black and white situation. So you continue to acknowledge that this is poor police work, but you are still here to defend it. This is the exact same pattern we see from BearGoggles who is adamant in letting us know that he doesn't defend Donald Trump but in reality BG saves his scathing retorts for anyone who does criticize the GOP (including Trump), because BG feels like the GOP is unfairly maligned. That's why BG has no interest in participating in the thread(s) about Trump wrongdoing - because his only purpose is to combat criticism of the GOP.

To boil it down for everyone, the place to address unfair criticism against people is in connection with unfair criticism, not in connection with fair criticism. The criticism of this officer for firing (from a moving vehicle no less!) on an individual who did not appear to pose any immediate threat is perfectly reasonable. The bystanders (including the woman in the vehicle, and any children or adults in the house) were at a risk of gunfire from the irresponsible officer.

even shorter version.

oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

going4roses said:

Cool, feel free to share objective reporting. Providing baseless speculative defenses of obvious police misconduct isn't a great way to combat an "anti-cop agenda". If you really cared about things that "breed further mistrust and hatred" or "further souring divisions in our society" then white knighting for criminal cops isn't a great starting point.

Everyone should criticize agents of the state who misuse state power. There is a time and place to criticize people who you think unfairly malign good cops, but this isn't it. What we see from you is a pattern of frustrated contrarian attempts to combat what you think is an "anti-cop agenda" by feeling like you must go against the grain, even in a black and white situation. So you continue to acknowledge that this is poor police work, but you are still here to defend it. This is the exact same pattern we see from BearGoggles who is adamant in letting us know that he doesn't defend Donald Trump but in reality BG saves his scathing retorts for anyone who does criticize the GOP (including Trump), because BG feels like the GOP is unfairly maligned. That's why BG has no interest in participating in the thread(s) about Trump wrongdoing - because his only purpose is to combat criticism of the GOP.

To boil it down for everyone, the place to address unfair criticism against people is in connection with unfair criticism, not in connection with fair criticism. The criticism of this officer for firing (from a moving vehicle no less!) on an individual who did not appear to pose any immediate threat is perfectly reasonable. The bystanders (including the woman in the vehicle, and any children or adults in the house) were at a risk of gunfire from the irresponsible officer.

Yes, the officer should not have fired at the individual who he rightly felt was moving away from him with his fingers on the trigger of a handgun. He should be disciplined and possibly fired. That is fair criticism.

Further, we don't know if this is a morally bad cop or someone who made a critical mistake. I am curious of the actual facts, which don't exist in the linked site. It is just a bunch of cop bashing.
going4roses

Hmm
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
calpoly
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

going4roses said:

Yes, the officer should not have fired at the individual who he rightly felt was moving away from him with his fingers on the trigger of a handgun. He should be disciplined and possibly fired. That is fair criticism.

Further, we don't know if this is a morally bad cop or someone who made a critical mistake. I am curious of the actual facts, which don't exist in the linked site. It is just a bunch of cop bashing.
You care about the facts? That is laughable!
going4roses
That disorder is rooted in white privilege (depravity)
going4roses
So cops new SOP is drive by shooting? Smh

oski003
going4roses said:

So cops new SOP is drive by shooting? Smh

It is actually not their new SOP. You can stop shaking your head.
AunBear89
Are you familiar with the concept of a rhetorical question?

Assuming you are, why do you feel the need to provide answers to such questions? It doesn't have the effect you are hoping for - it merely makes you look like a delta bravo.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
oski003
AunBear89 said:

Are you familiar with the concept of a rhetorical question?

Assuming you are, why do you feel the need to provide answers to such questions? It doesn't have the effect you are hoping for - it merely makes you look like a delta bravo.

There are like a million police officers in the u.s. occasionally, one screws up. Here, one looks like they are facing prison time and will no longer be a police officer.

Sgt. Christopher Liakopoulos, 43, and officer Ruben Reynoso, 42, have been charged with aggravated battery with a firearm, aggravated discharge of a firearm and official misconduct in relation to the July 22 shooting, which took place in the 1000 block of West 18th Street...

The officers then reverse to be closer to a man in a white sweatshirt and a person in a black T-shirt. The two people walk into the street, closer to the car.

The person in the black T-shirt takes a step back and then turns around and runs away, while the man in the white sweatshirt holds up an empty hand and slightly waves his other hand.

Prosecutors said the man in the sweatshirt was holding a wine bottle and cellphone in one hand and nothing in the other, and he held up his hands to show officers what he had. The person in the black T-shirt was wearing a satchel with a gun, Foxx said.
going4roses
"Occasionally one"

Is that what your attempting to pedal

I know you hate cameras both body and phone … otherwise you would be free to continue your racist lies/propaganda.

Is it your aim to be proud boy or oath keeper or … that way is playing a major part in the destruction of this nation.

With your take you have got to be for 1000% reparations to descendants of chattel slavery/Jim crow etc etc.
pay the debt you owe then your kkk gangs won't be shooting anybody because they feel like it at any given moment
oski003
going4roses said:

"Occasionally one"

Is that what your attempting to pedal?

*** Yes, these instances are not common given how large the United States is and our high crime rates in urban areas.

I know you hate cameras both body and phone … otherwise you would be free to continue your racist lies/propaganda.

*** I don't hate cameras. I hate ignorant opinions. Your propaganda is racist. I could care less what race the officers, criminals, and victims are during these unfortunate events.

Is it your aim to be proud boy or oath keeper or … that way is playing a major part in the destruction of this nation.

*** No, my aim is not to be a proud boy or oath keeper.

With your take you have got to be for 1000% reparations to descendants of chattel slavery/Jim crow etc etc.
pay the debt you owe then your kkk gangs won't be shooting anybody because they feel like it at any given moment

*** I am not for reparations for descendants of slaves. I do hope, however, that all races can have equal opportunities to succeed. I understand that wealth inequality and actual racism are barriers towards such. I certainly don't feel mischaracterizing police officers as KKK gang members is helping you achieve your goals.

See above responses to your ignorant questions and assumptions. Even though they are ridiculous, they don't seem rhetorical.
smh
going 4 roses / oski3: k-i-s-s-i-n-g.
# get a room
okaydo
going4roses
Somebody wanted her deceased
bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
going4roses
47 ?

47 !!!
82gradDLSdad
bearister said:

No worries about losing cops...only 8 folks were shot in Oakland last week. We are not trending in a good direction.
going4roses
82gradDLSdad said:

bearister said:

No worries about losing cops...only 8 folks were shot in Oakland last week. We are not trending in a good direction.

82gradDLSdad
going4roses said:

82gradDLSdad said:

bearister said:

I love you and try to have a nice day.
going4roses
oski003
going4roses said:

This one is not behind a paywall.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/lawsuit-woman-says-correctional-officers-014600024.html

I don't consider corrections officers to be cops. Unfortunate that the jail doctor saw her, and then she sat in a cell for 9 hours before going to the hospital.
going4roses
Oh how convenient…
oski003
going4roses said:

Oh how convenient…

Assuming the facts in the complaint are true, it was extremely inconvenient medical malpractice. It also sounds like the prison officers inconveniently slammed her to the ground, thus injuring her.
smh

"injuring her"
going4roses
Holy _______.
oski003
smh said:

"injuring her"

You do understand that the injury was likely aggravated by medical malpractice, right?
DiabloWags
https://www.ktvu.com/news/47-alameda-county-sheriff-deputies-get-unsatisfactory-on-psych-evaluations-relieved-of-duties

This is INSANE!

No law enforcement agency hires people that FAILED THE PSYCHE EXAM.

Period.
No one.

But Alameda County does.
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
oski003
DiabloWags said:

https://www.ktvu.com/news/47-alameda-county-sheriff-deputies-get-unsatisfactory-on-psych-evaluations-relieved-of-duties

This is INSANE!

No law enforcement agency hires people that FAILED THE PSYCHE EXAM.

Period.
No one.

But Alameda County does.

"I know that people are going to assume that all these deputies are killers," Kelly said. "But that's not true. This test tries to find out if you are psychologically suitable for the job, to handle all the horrible things we see. At the age of 22, sometimes you're not. I know this isn't good. But it's not as bad as it sounds."

While Kelly said the test often tries to determine maturity issues, a source who used to do recruitment for the Sheriff's Office said that the rules used to be much stricter before Ahern.

The source, a retired employee, said that candidates who used to get unsatisfactory results were told they simply wouldn't be hired. He said the range of issues to get an unsatisfactory could be mental health problems, financial issues, too many marriages and divorces or drug and alcohol issues, to name a few. "

Shameful that they were so desperate to hire that they ignored an important part of the screening process.
okaydo

going4roses
F……….

They have no moral compass but then again the profession is inherently evil from its inception
oski003
going4roses said:

F……….

They have no moral compass but then again the profession is inherently from its inception

Here is the story.

https://www.sbsun.com/2022/09/27/man-wanted-for-killing-wife-in-fontana-gets-in-shootout-with-deputies/

GFR please try to keep an open mind when reading a new story or watching Tik Tok.
okaydo
going4roses
okaydo said:

Woefully insufficient !!!!

Should have been 10 million each each.
That should be the blanket number after 10 years it doubles
And those responsible need to get the time he served and lose everything!!!

This is why there is no law and order because too many get no justice no peace
okaydo

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.