Today, in cops

85,463 Views | 1211 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by going4roses
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
going4roses said:

Lol

Lol
dajo9
oski003 said:

okaydo said:

If they took the kids solely on the basis of the parents driving in possession of marijuana, that is outrageous. I don't know why they would do that.

My Father was a criminal defense attorney and a marijuana smoker. Back in the 1980s when I was in grade school I didn't know he was a regular marijuana smoker. Police visited our classroom and told us if people in our home did drugs, we should tell the police.

I, kind of innocently, told my Dad about it. He very sternly sat me down and told me if I ever turned in somebody from the home they could remove me from the family and we could lose our home. The police never told us that part. Kind of put the police in a different light for me.
He / Him
oski003
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

okaydo said:

If they took the kids solely on the basis of the parents driving in possession of marijuana, that is outrageous. I don't know why they would do that.

My Father was a criminal defense attorney and a marijuana smoker. Back in the 1980s when I was in grade school I didn't know he was a regular marijuana smoker. Police visited our classroom and told us if people in our home did drugs, we should tell the police.

I, kind of innocently, told my Dad about it. He very sternly sat me down and told me if I ever turned in somebody from the home they could remove me from the family and we could lose our home. The police never told us that part. Kind of put the police in a different light for me.

You can't parent properly if you are high. Marijuana was more stigmatized in 1980 than 2023. Getting high around your kids is not the same thing as merely possessing marijuana.
going4roses
Lol
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
oski003
going4roses said:

Lol

Lol
dajo9
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

okaydo said:

You can't parent properly if you are high. Marijuana was more stigmatized in 1980 than 2023. Getting high around your kids is not the same thing as merely possessing marijuana.

Why are you talking about people getting high around their kids from my story?

Everybody I know has been alcohol buzzed around their kids. Should they all lose them?
He / Him
oski003
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

okaydo said:

Everybody I know has been alcohol buzzed around their kids. Should they all lose them?

Why would I not talk about getting high and watching kids from your story? That is what the State is trying to protect kids from, especially young children. When you smoke weed, you get high. With alcohol, you don't get drunk from one beer, which is acceptable. Yes, you shouldn't be buzzed or drunk if you are responsible for children, especially young ones. As long as one parent is sober at home, it shouldn't be an issue. Also, in 1980 marijuana was illegal.
dajo9
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

okaydo said:

Why would I not talk about getting high and watching kids from your story? That is what the State is trying to protect kids from, especially young children. When you smoke weed, you get high. With alcohol, you don't get drunk from one beer, which is acceptable. Yes, you shouldn't be buzzed or drunk if you are responsible for children, especially young ones. As long as one parent is sober at home, it shouldn't be an issue. Also, in 1980 marijuana was illegal.

This is total nonsense. People get alcohol buzzed around kids all the time. If a guy smokes a joint after their kids go to bed it's no big deal. Happens all the time.

People need to stop big-stating people's lives.
He / Him
okaydo

oski003
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

okaydo said:

This is total nonsense. People get alcohol buzzed around kids all the time. If a guy smokes a joint after their kids go to bed it's no big deal. Happens all the time.

If the only adult in the house watching young kids is high on a joint (or drunk), that is messed up. It absolutely is a big deal. I am not sure what big-stating means.
dajo9
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

okaydo said:

If the only adult in the house watching young kids is high on a joint (or drunk), that is messed up. It absolutely is a big deal. I am not sure what big-stating means.

It happens all the time. Big-stating is people like you who want to tear apart families for bad judgment.
He / Him
oski003
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

okaydo said:

It happens all the time. Big-stating is people like you who want to tear apart families for bad judgment.

People like you want to get high while watching toddlers. I can make accusations as well. See how that works?
going4roses
dajo9
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

okaydo said:

People like you want to get high while watching toddlers. I can make accusations as well. See how that works?

The what exactly are you saying with your state wants to protect kids talk?
He / Him
oski003
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

okaydo said:

The what exactly are you saying with your state wants to protect kids talk?

Only when there is reason to believe that parent's alcohol or other drug abuse is severe that the child has been
or is likely to be harmed due to such substance abuse, should the government be involved. I don't know enough about the case of the parents driving with tinted windows with a minor moving violation in possession of marijuana to know what other factors existed for government intervention.
okaydo
going4roses
How effed up is that ? Ruined their lives and family/friends relationships chalked up smh

Imagine living daily with this kind of threat on your shoulders everyday of one's life …
okaydo
going4roses
okaydo
okaydo
okaydo

going4roses
The gall to bring a lawsuit
okaydo
okaydo

okaydo

going4roses

How much compounded damage does this do ?
This power is used to destroy lives many times over
oski003
AunBear89 said:

003 with "she should have complied" or words to that effect in 3…2..

Flagged for trolling. Stop being a troll. You aren't so stupid to think that I defend every action by every cop.

I am not sure what she did or didn't do, but the threat here should be obviously lower than a non-complying large/strong young suspect with baggy clothes and hands not clearly visible. Frankly, we can all agree that in 99% of all of these videos the cops can do better. That doesn't justify the poor behavior by the "victims" nor does the non-compliance and perceived threat completely excuse the officers' conduct.
AunBear89
Wow - lots of equivocation in this post. Be careful, or they may take away your thin blue line flag.
oski003
AunBear89 said:

Wow - lots of equivocation in this post. Be careful, or they may take away your thin blue line flag.

No equivocation here. I am just trying to explain something to someone with no clue the difficulties of policing in a woke environment where you are hated and presumed to have bad intentions.

"With the release of the information, the owner of the ''killer cops'' website was able to download the sensitive material and post it online, placing bounties on the officers whose information were shared, according to LAPPL President Craig Lally."

https://kiisfm.iheart.com/featured/la-local-news/content/2023-03-24-the-la-police-protective-league-sues-owner-of-police-bounty-website/
AunBear89
okaydo
oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

No equivocation here. I am just trying to explain something to someone with no clue the difficulties of policing in a woke environment where you are hated and presumed to have bad intentions.

"With the release of the information, the owner of the ''killer cops'' website was able to download the sensitive material and post it online, placing bounties on the officers whose information were shared, according to LAPPL President Craig Lally."

https://kiisfm.iheart.com/featured/la-local-news/content/2023-03-24-the-la-police-protective-league-sues-owner-of-police-bounty-website/

Wow, who released all that sensitive material?
oski003
It was a mistake in a response to a request, but you already know that.
okaydo
okaydo

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.