Today, in cops

72,119 Views | 1203 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by going4roses
Eastern Oregon Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
calbear93 said:

Eastern Oregon Bear said:

calbear93 said:

calbear93 said:

chazzed said:

(Apologies if this is a booth.)

Would you feel more sympathetic if he were car jacking, shop lifting or vandalizing as opposed to providing medical assistance that led to the confrontation? Assume a different race and assume this was in the pursuit of stopping a crime and you may find more sympathy and rationalization.
So you think you can justify Ronny Jackson's actions by comparing it to a completely different made up situation?
Quote:

If Pete Strzok wants to continue to portray that his role in investigating Trump while he was in the FBI was not political, he should not act like some knee-jerk liberal hack like this.
What difference does it make who posted the video if it's an unaltered video? An asshat acting like an asshat is still an asshat.

I suspect Pete Strzok wasn't the only account posting that video.
I am asking you why you justify similar actions by criminals when you are so offended by this. For me, I am offended by both. When have I said what he did is OK? For me, always obey the police officer and trust law and order. Doesn't matter if you are a doctor or a shop lifter/car jacker.

I did not say the Pete Strzok was the only one posting. But the accusation from the far right was that his political bias as opposed to evidence drove the aggressive investigation of Trump based on discredited source. His decision to post tweets (this isn't the only one) that reveals he is a liberal hack just adds support to the accusations made by the far right. Not helpful. And it was not altered but it was taken out of context. Where is the portion showing what he was doing before being detained? Does he post similar things when there is accusation of police brutality when the detained refuses to obey police order? Seems biased, no? Maybe not to you. Again, you think the right is blinded by tribalism. Yet you don't see it in yourself.
When have I ever defended criminals? I've steered clear of those arguments. You're the one who seems agitated and emotional about this. Calling me "so offended" is a rather large overstatement of my feelings in the matter. It seems like a misunderstanding that got out of control because of Jackson's behavior. Not that big a deal.

Yes, I'd like to see some video of what happened earlier. It would make what followed clearer to understand. However, since that video doesn't seem to exist, I have to go with what I saw on the video. Jackson acting belligerent and overwrought, resisting the officers and bystanders saying Jackson's help wasn't needed or desired. Certainly, by the time the cops showed up, there were other people that could provide any needed medical assistance. Yet Jackson continued to be angry and act out. It doesn't make him look innocent. It makes me wonder if it's another instance of his being drunk in public.

Fair enough. Just to be clear, if you think Jackson disobeying police in this example is stupid and inexcusable, you also believe the same , similar to Oski003, in those examples posted by G4R in the Today, in cops. Otherwise you are just talking out of both sides of your mouth. I will affirmative claim that in both cases, the detained were being foolish.
I usually just glance at the Today In Cops thread and very rarely watch the videos or read the stories. I just don't have the time for it. So, I voice few, if any, any opinions there because I don't have a good grasp of the facts. As for Ronny Jackson, I haven't read any news stories about what happened. I just watched the video. I'll admit that my opinion could be changed if I dug deeper into the story and learned more.
calbear93

calbear93 said:

calbear93 said:

calbear93 said:

chazzed said:

Would you feel more sympathetic if he were car jacking, shop lifting or vandalizing as opposed to providing medical assistance that led to the confrontation? Assume a different race and assume this was in the pursuit of stopping a crime and you may find more sympathy and rationalization.
So you think you can justify Ronny Jackson's actions by comparing it to a completely different made up situation?
Quote:

If Pete Strzok wants to continue to portray that his role in investigating Trump while he was in the FBI was not political, he should not act like some knee-jerk liberal hack like this.
What difference does it make who posted the video if it's an unaltered video? An asshat acting like an asshat is still an asshat.

I am asking you why you justify similar actions by criminals when you are so offended by this. For me, I am offended by both. When have I said what he did is OK? For me, always obey the police officer and trust law and order. Doesn't matter if you are a doctor or a shop lifter/car jacker.

I did not say the Pete Strzok was the only one posting. But the accusation from the far right was that his political bias as opposed to evidence drove the aggressive investigation of Trump based on discredited source. His decision to post tweets (this isn't the only one) that reveals he is a liberal hack just adds support to the accusations made by the far right. Not helpful. And it was not altered but it was taken out of context. Where is the portion showing what he was doing before being detained? Does he post similar things when there is accusation of police brutality when the detained refuses to obey police order? Seems biased, no? Maybe not to you. Again, you think the right is blinded by tribalism. Yet you don't see it in yourself.
When have I ever defended criminals? I've steered clear of those arguments. You're the one who seems agitated and emotional about this. Calling me "so offended" is a rather large overstatement of my feelings in the matter. It seems like a misunderstanding that got out of control because of Jackson's behavior. Not that big a deal.

Yes, I'd like to see some video of what happened earlier. It would make what followed clearer to understand. However, since that video doesn't seem to exist, I have to go with what I saw on the video. Jackson acting belligerent and overwrought, resisting the officers and bystanders saying Jackson's help wasn't needed or desired. Certainly, by the time the cops showed up, there were other people that could provide any needed medical assistance. Yet Jackson continued to be angry and act out. It doesn't make him look innocent. It makes me wonder if it's another instance of his being drunk in public.

Fair enough. Just to be clear, if you think Jackson disobeying police in this example is stupid and inexcusable, you also believe the same , similar to Oski003, in those examples posted by G4R in the Today, in cops. Otherwise you are just talking out of both sides of your mouth. I will affirmative claim that in both cases, the detained were being foolish.
I usually just glance at the Today In Cops thread and very rarely watch the videos or read the stories. I just don't have the time for it. So, I voice few, if any, any opinions there because I don't have a good grasp of the facts. As for Ronny Jackson, I haven't read any news stories about what happened. I just watched the video. I'll admit that my opinion could be changed if I dug deeper into the story and learned more.

Thanks for the honest assessment.
oski003

calbear93 said:

calbear93 said:

calbear93 said:

chazzed said:

Quote:

This is a good take, especially because many of the Today in Cops stories are actually repeats. They post a "new" story if or when the following happens:
1) original event happens;
2) a cop gets suspended;
3) cop gets fired;
4) cop gets charged;
5) cop pleas;
6) cop found guilty;
7) cop sentenced;
8) victim files lawsuit;
9) victim settles for money or awarded such.

I certainly agree that we often see only a partial glimpse of what happened. We rarely see the criminal activity that precedes the negative interactions.
Biden Crime Family
oski003 said:

Quote:

I usually just glance at the Today In Cops thread and very rarely watch the videos or read the stories.

(snip)
This is a good take, especially because many of the Today in Cops stories are actually repeats.
(snip)
I blocked okaydo when I realized he's a spam generation bot with nothing interesting to say and I skip all of going4roses' TikTok posts, so I see almost nothing in that worthless thread. I actually care about police abuse of power, but there's no there there in that thread.
calbear93
10% For The Big Guy said:

oski003 said:

Quote:

I usually just glance at the Today In Cops thread and very rarely watch the videos or read the stories.

(snip)
This is a good take, especially because many of the Today in Cops stories are actually repeats.
(snip)
I blocked okaydo when I realized he's a spam generation bot with nothing interesting to say and I skip all of going4roses' TikTok posts, so I see almost nothing in that worthless thread. I actually care about police abuse of power, but there's no there there in that thread.
A job of scanning though social media posting is ripe for replacement by AI even at the most basic level.
okaydo
going4roses
okaydo said:

Interesting I have never seen a "Street" price list for illegal/legal drugs
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
calbear93
going4roses said:

okaydo said:

Interesting I have never seen a "Street" price list for illegal/legal
Just wholesale?
okaydo
going4roses
calbear93 said:

going4roses said:

okaydo said:

Just wholesale?

Ahhh are you telling on yourself ? I'It appears this price list has wholesale prices too i wouldn't know for sure this t is not my area of expertise ..
going4roses
going4roses
okaydo
oski003
going4roses said:

Good job police! You'd have to be really brainwashed to think this story is somehow racist against black folks.
calbear93
going4roses said:

calbear93 said:

going4roses said:

okaydo said:

Just wholesale?

Ahhh are you telling on yourself ? I'It appears this price list has wholesale prices too i wouldn't know for sure this t is not my area of expertise ..

You missed the joke. When presented with a price list showing, as noted in the tweet, wholesale and street price of drugs, you wrote you had never seen "street" price list before. Hence my query to you - just wholesale?

Ah never mind.

Will keep it simple. Knock knock. Who's there? A person. A racist who?
calbear93
okaydo
calbear93
okaydo said:

I wonder what has done more harm to modern society and children - incompetent cops or social media and those peddling mindless, misleading retweets.
okaydo
okaydo
okaydo
going4roses
How many lives have they ruined needlessly
okaydo
going4roses
Umm I don't think that's how it works
okaydo
okaydo
okaydo
okaydo
oski003
okaydo said:

This article is not behind a paywall:

https://www.wavy.com/news/local-news/gloucester/a-protest-in-gloucester-included-openly-carried-rifles/
okaydo
chazzed

okaydo
okaydo
okaydo
oski003
okaydo said:

Many government workers are fiscally irresponsible, and nobody cares because it is on the taxpayer's dime. Why wasn't somebody monitoring his overtime and doing something about this? This is bad on him and his boss and whoever is auditing payroll.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.