Today, in cops

71,856 Views | 1203 Replies | Last: 23 days ago by going4roses
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

82gradDLSdad said:

chazzed said:

This cop was doing her job correctly:

Hope this guy never gets elected or hired to do anything. He can apologize all he wants. He has a deep seated personality of entitlement. The officer acted perfectly while probably suppressing the desire to puch this guy.

We need more videos of proper police behavior and the piss poor behavior of those stopped by the police. Of course it only makes the news when someone that the media hates worse than cops is the target.

Fox's show COPS is still on - 33 seasons after debuting - so you are free to watch it if you want a sanitized promotional view of police work.

You are right that there could be demand for a TV show highlighting the white privilege cops have to face when they do come into contact with entitled white people like the politician scum in the referenced tweet. Building a more just society starts with calling out this sort of misconduct.

I was referring to mainstream media (the news). Nowhere did I mention a TV show on an obscure network.
You think the news should do PR for police officers who don't break the law?

Just balanced reporting. They certainly do negative PR for police officers who don't break the law.
LOL, media is police's best friend, having covered for them for decades.

okaydo
oski003 said:

82gradDLSdad said:

chazzed said:

Hope this guy never gets elected or hired to do anything. He can apologize all he wants. He has a deep seated personality of entitlement. The officer acted perfectly while probably suppressing the desire to puch this guy.

We need more videos of proper police behavior and the piss poor behavior of those stopped by the police. Of course it only makes the news when someone that the media hates worse than cops is the target.

The reason this is news is because police are held to a higher standard. You may think that they should be held to the same standard as criminals, but really they shouldn't. They are charged with upholding the law. They should be better than criminals.

By the way, there are plenty of shows showing the positive side of cops.

As Unit2Sucks said, you can watch COPS, which was revived by Fox News' streaming service last year one year after it was canceled.

Live PD was canceled shortly after George Floyd was killed....when it emerged how they distort reality and don't show cops behaving badly.

Well, guess what? Live PD is back under a new name.

And you have fictional shows portraying police in a positive light: A whopping 19 shows on broadcast TV!!!!

ABC has The Rookie and The Rookie: Feds.

NBC has Law & Order, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Law & Order: Organized Crime and Chicago P.D.

CBS has NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, NCIS Hawaii, East New York, S.W.A.T., Blue Bloods, FBI, FBI: Most Wanted, FBI: International and CSI: Vegas.

Fox has 9-1-1 and 9-1-1: Lone Star.

The CW has Walker.

And of course, you have local TV news, which can't really go after the police too hard because they are dependent on them for stories.
oski003
okaydo said:

oski003 said:

82gradDLSdad said:

chazzed said:

The reason this is news is because police are held to a higher standard. You may think that they should be held to the same standard as criminals, but really they shouldn't. They are charged with upholding the law. They should be better than criminals.

As Unit2Sucks said, you can watch COPS, which was revived by Fox News' streaming service last year one year after it was canceled.

Live PD was canceled shortly after George Floyd was killed....when it emerged how they distort reality and don't show cops behaving badly.

And you have fictional shows portraying police in a positive light: A whopping 18 shows on broadcast TV!!!!

ABC has The Rookie and The Rookie: Feds

NBC has Law & Order, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Law & Order: Organized Crime and Chicago P.D.

CBS has NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, NCIS Hawaii, East New York, S.W.A.T., Blue Bloods, FBI, FBI: Most Wanted, FBI: International and CSI: Vegas.

And of course, you have local TV news, which can't really go after the police too hard because they are dependent on them for stories.

Yes, police should be held to a higher standard. Those are all Hollywood dramas. Many stories portray police in a a positive light and there are also dramatizations of poor police work and corruption.
okaydo
oski003 said:

okaydo said:

oski003 said:

82gradDLSdad said:

chazzed said:

And you have fictional shows portraying police in a positive light: A whopping 18 shows on broadcast TV!!!!

ABC has The Rookie and The Rookie: Feds

Yes, police should be held to a higher standard. Those are all Hollywood dramas. Many stories portray police in a a positive light and there are also dramatizations of poor police work and corruption.

It doesn't matter. As this essay argues, when you make police the center of the action on numerous shows, the point of view of the authorities is the default view of seeing the world.

Unit2Sucks
I assume 003 thinks we should celebrate all the times Derek Chauvin didn't kill unarmed black men. You know, to be fair.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

I assume 003 thinks we should celebrate all the times Derek Chauvin didn't kill unarmed black men. You know, to be fair.

I assume Unit2 thinks all police officers are like Derek Chauvin. You know, to be fair.
82gradDLSdad
Reading Off Topic is the closest (I hope) to feeling like a fentanyl user. I feel so bad after reading most comments but I can't stop.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I assume Unit2 thinks all police officers are like Derek Chauvin. You know, to be fair.
You should assume I think exposing police misconduct is important in order to build a more just and equitable society.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

You should assume I think exposing police misconduct is important in order to build a more just and equitable society.

I do assume that. Thank you.
Unit2Sucks
82gradDLSdad said:

Reading Off Topic is the closest (I hope) to feeling like a fentanyl user. I feel so bad after reading most comments but I can't stop.
let me rephrase in the exonerative passive voice a journalist would use.

82gradDLSdad was made to suffer malaise after being exposed to excess fentanyl use as a result of comments posted on a message board in response to controversial actions by members of his society. It is expected that he will experience a full recovery from his exposure.
going4roses
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

The white depravity reproduces itself
I imagine it's quite difficult to go against everything one previously thought to be true. Existence Lineage History all skewed to produce him and others that are afflicted
Some are drunk off white power and now that has become the norm for too many white folks. But it seems more white people are seeing through bs and are like enough is enough
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
82gradDLSdad
going4roses said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

The white depravity reproduces itself
I imagine it's quite difficult to go against everything one previously thought to be true. Existence Lineage History all skewed to produce him and others that are afflicted
Some are drunk off white power and now and has become the norm for too many white folks. But it seems more white people are seeing through bs and are like enough is enough

And now I'm face down on Hyde St.
going4roses
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRfSKCCd/

Notice at the end … these are criminals
oski003
going4roses said:

Do you think they were hitting the resisting suspect because they were trying to subdue him, angry, or because they are jerks who enjoy doing it?
going4roses
Doesn't matter

They were wrong and knew full well they were wrong …

This time it's assault last time it may have been murder but covered up. Next time it may be rape or sexual assault of a child

bearister
Yep….but in that part of the country one can only wonder what a civil jury would award that particular plaintiff.

The government may decide to roll the dice and take its chances if it can't get a decent settlement.

Motions in limine will be made in the case to keep the specifics of the plaintiff's crimes from the jury on the grounds that the evidence is more prejudicial than probative with regard to analyzing the force used during the arrest.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
oski003
going4roses said:

Doesn't matter

They were wrong and knew full well they were wrong …

This time it's assault last time it may have been murder but covered up. Next time it may be rape or sexual assault of a child

It does matter. It wasn't rape, and it wasn't sexual assault of a child. You understand that, right?
going4roses
going4roses said:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRfUUcmk/
When people identify cops by footage of them assaulting someone else…
Cal88
Kudos to this member of the CHP for not making exceptions for a VIP:

okaydo
going4roses
Torrance is virtually a sundown town
going4roses

Hmm
abuse of power
waste of $$$
all around needless bs
DiabloWags
https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Bay-Area-deputy-arrested-on-felony-charges-17400964.php
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
going4roses
Surprised he was investigated at all … too many prosecutors hate punishing cops
bearister
DiabloWags said:

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Bay-Area-deputy-arrested-on-felony-charges-17400964.php

Here is another incident Buckley was involved in:

Lawsuit: East Bay woman calls 911 for help, deputies wrongly arrest boyfriend

https://www.ktvu.com/news/lawsuit-east-bay-woman-calls-911-for-help-deputies-wrongly-arrest-boyfriend
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
okaydo
going4roses
okaydo said:

Ohhhhhhhh really now gtfoh
DiabloWags
bearister said:

Here is another incident Buckley was involved in:

Lawsuit: East Bay woman calls 911 for help, deputies wrongly arrest boyfriend

https://www.ktvu.com/news/lawsuit-east-bay-woman-calls-911-for-help-deputies-wrongly-arrest-boyfriend

Sadly, the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Department has had a long history of bad "apples".
Ask me how I know.

DiabloWags

Bethany Bruner
Wed, August 31, 2022 at 5:37 PM

COLUMBUS, Ohio Community organizations asked for a transparent investigation Wednesday, a day after Ohio police released body camera footage of a fatal police shooting that occurred earlier this week.

Donovan Lewis, 20, died at a hospital following the shooting early Tuesday. Columbus police say officers were at the scene to arrest Lewis on multiple warrants including domestic violence, assault, and felony improper handling of a firearm.

Police body-cam footage shows an officer opening a bedroom door in an apartment and immediately shooting Lewis, who was in bed. Lewis appeared to be holding the vape pen before he was shot, said Columbus Police Chief Elaine Bryant. No weapon was found.

Ohio police fatally shoot unarmed Black man in bed during failed arrest attempt, video shows (yahoo.com)

going4roses
Every murder like this is blood on America's hands… that's at lot of blood
okaydo
going4roses
I wonder if they used that technology on rioters of Jan 6
okaydo
going4roses

$$$$ down the drain

All the cops on scene need to be reprimanded

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.