The Official Impeach tRump Thread

128,436 Views | 1639 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bearister
Another Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

ruh-roh...Second Ukraine whistleblower has first-hand knowledge.
bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
"I do feel like we are, as Christians, the first line of defense for the president," Christina Jones, 44, said before Graham took the stage. Trump is "supporting our Christian principles and trying to do his best," she added, even as "everybody's against him."

Frances Lassiter, 65, dismissed Democrats' pursuit of a case against Trump as "all a bunch of crap" designed to push him from office. AP News

Another Bear

Rudy G...behind Hitler's mustache-waxer.
Another Bear

They're saying multiple whistleblowers now, not just two.

Discrediting one anonymous whistleblower might be possible but taking down several won't be. I'm guessing between 6-8 whistleblowers, all government officials.
BearNIt
Another Bear said:

Discrediting one anonymous whistleblower might be possible but taking down several won't be. I'm guessing between 6-8 whistleblowers, all government officials.
The more whistleblowers with firsthand knowledge the better. It's much harder to dismiss multiple people than one person. Put this together with the former ambassador to the Ukraine testifying, it could put another nail in.
sycasey
BearNIt said:

Another Bear said:

The more whistleblowers with firsthand knowledge the better. Its much harder to dismiss multiple people than one person. Put this together with the former ambassador to the Ukraine testifying, it could put another nail in.
This whole thing is really unraveling, The Federalist had it nailed.
BearNIt
**** we got it all wrong, it's Rick Perry's fault that the Idiot in Chief tried to extort the Ukraine by abusing his power. Next to get thrown under the bus is Pompeo.
B.A. Bearacus
We all know that we have a president who would not privately have any problem with all the whistleblowers getting murdered by unknown assailants in parking lots like Joshua Brown. You could try to convince me otherwise, but after you were done talking, I would tell you that you were wrong.
Unit2Sucks
I don't think the number of whistleblowers under the statute is relevant. What matters is getting witnesses in front of congress. I think they are probably choosing to be whistleblowers because that gives you better protection that going before congress without blowing the whistle first. Just a guess.
Another Bear
Disagree the number of whistleblower doesn't make a difference. On one hand, yes I get it only takes one. However the usual way Trump and company play this, attack and try to discredit, more whistleblowers means the Trump attack machine will have to spread out resources. They might take down one...but I don't see them combatting multiples. Multiple whistleblowers might also mean multiple or varying crimes. That can't help Trump.

I'd say further, if Trump and company realize it's half a dozen, high ranking and credible professionals, he might fold eventually...or freak out totally. Yes he'd try and attack them all but Trump has loss control of the news cycle and without that, attacking has lost much of it's power. The attacks on Schiff aren't working...or anyone really at this point.

In any case, this whole wad is unraveling very fast. The revelation Perry was trying to profiteer in Ukraine, MORE whistleblowers, Trump's more erratic. GOP on its heels. And the Dems moving very quickly, while keeping their boot on the neck this time.
Unit2Sucks
My point was that now that the first whistleblower generated an impeachment inquiry, what matters is how much evidence of wrongdoing can be made public. Whether that happens initially through congressional investigation or whistleblower disclosure is irrelevant to the final outcome. I think it's likely not irrelevant to the individuals involved who would prefer whistleblower protection.

Actually I take that back. In some ways it's preferable to have people publicly stand behind their stories because it would be harder to discredit that many known individuals. However I do understand these people not wanting to suffer the ridiculous attacks (and death threats and attempts) that Republicans would sling at them.
Another Bear
Methinks the whistleblowers thing is 6 of one, half a dozen of another...basically it's all good. Just saw something on MSNBC where the second whistleblower has received protection under the first whistleblower complaint...thus keep it to one complaint. This seems right and logical...keep it to one complaint but get the first WB backup from another, get the second protection to collaborate.
B.A. Bearacus
Another Bear
Pretty amazing poll numbers given it's been about two weeks, especially GOP. Before this started, two weeks ago, pro-impeachment was like at 38%. Momentum has definitely shifted. I'd guess these numbers continue to favor impeachment as Trump fully unravels.

Polls also show 49% of the public now favors removal of Trump.

58% OF AMERICANS TRENDS AFTER NEW POLL SHOWS MAJORITY SUPPORT TRUMP IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY

New Poll Shows 20-Point Increase in Support for Impeachment InquiryAmong Republicans
Another Bear

42 point swing.
sycasey
Another Bear said:

42 point swing.
But GBear4Life told me that no one cared about this Ukraine stuff.
Another Bear

Dang me if this ain't true. The poll numbers are moving very quickly on pro-impeachment. GOP figure push for a vote now, try and out run the public polls and sentiment. Of course the Dems have the house so Nancy Pelosi will drag this out until the numbers are close to a sure thang.
Another Bear

GOP, conservatives and RWNJs...losing their shtt fast. Roger Stone suggests getting the right wing militias involved... Savvy media calls out Harvey Levin for being a Trump stooge.

This is what authoritarian rule and fascism looks like...when the chips are down...OPEN CALL FOR VIOLENCE. Mostly it's grasping at straws.
prospeCt
https://time.com/5695252/christopher-wylie-cambridge-analytica-book/

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/08/767293251/in-new-book-cambridge-analytica-whistleblower-stops-short-of-a-full-mea-culpa

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/10/book-excerpt-mindf-ck-by-christopher-wylie.html

http://themillenniumreport.com/2019/09/mk-ultra-mind-control-program-cias-poisoner-in-chief-sidney-gottlieb-exposed-by-msm/

OBear073akaSMFan
These kind of content that threaten our democracy should be banned by youtube. For god's sake I just have been temporarily banned by twitter for advising the president for the good of the country he should put a bullet in his head. As a narcissist he would get the people coming out to celebrate in the streets..just like Bin Laden!
Another Bear

So Trump tells Nancy Pelosi he will not cooperate with Congress. DOJ tells Sondland not to cooperate with congress. Trump's non-cooperation then becomes obstruction of Congress...and that moves to the head of the impeachment charges over Ukraine...basically Dems go after Trump for in process crimes.
Another Bear
OBear073akaSMFan said:

These kind of content that threaten our democracy should be banned by youtube. For god's sake I just have been temporarily banned by twitter for advising the president for the good of the country he should put a bullet in his head. As a narcissist he would get the people coming out to celebrate in the streets..just like Bin Laden!
I imagine after Trump is done and the Dems get control, they will pass legislation that limits social media use by the POTUS, congress and political operatives, especially twitter. There's been mention social media, twitter in particular, should become a public utility and regulated, for this very reason...and many more.
Unit2Sucks
Another Bear said:

Dang me if this ain't true. The poll numbers are moving very quickly on pro-impeachment. GOP figure push for a vote now, try and out run the public polls and sentiment. Of course the Dems have the house so Nancy Pelosi will drag this out until the numbers are close to a sure thang.

Dang you I guess. The GOP isn't requesting a vote on impeachment they are requesting a formal vote to open an impeachment inquiry so that they will have subpoena power which Trump will demand they use to investigate Biden and Hillary and probably a number of others. It used to be that you needed to do this for the majority to ha e subpoena power as well but the Republicans changed that when they had control years ago (surprise). So there is very little benefit to formally opening an Impeachment inquiry for the Dems and some modest benefit for Republicans.
Another Bear
Yup, so the Dem's play is push hard...and hopefully push Trump off his rocker. 2 more months of this might do it. He's already chippy.
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
prospeCt said:

Chuck Muncie (1953 2013). 6'3, 235 lbs, 40 yard dash time: 4.4 sec.
GBear4Life
OBear073akaSMFan said:

calbear93
GBear4Life said:

OBear073akaSMFan said:

Exactly.

Just when I get creeped out by the idiots on the right, I read something like that and realize how creepy the idiots on the left are.
calbear93
Unit2Sucks said:

My point was that now that the first whistleblower generated an impeachment inquiry, what matters is how much evidence of wrongdoing can be made public. Whether that happens initially through congressional investigation or whistleblower disclosure is irrelevant to the final outcome. I think it's likely not irrelevant to the individuals involved who would prefer whistleblower protection.

Actually I take that back. In some ways it's preferable to have people publicly stand behind their stories because it would be harder to discredit that many known individuals. However I do understand these people not wanting to suffer the ridiculous attacks (and death threats and attempts) that Republicans would sling at them.
Whitleblower protection isn't about just protecting that individual.

If we justify removing the protection for this individual, it would discourage future individuals who may want to report bad acts but are afraid of retribution.
calbear93
Another Bear said:

OBear073akaSMFan said:

I imagine after Trump is done and the Dems get control, they will pass legislation that limits social media use by the POTUS, congress and political operatives, especially twitter. There's been mention social media, twitter in particular, should become a public utility and regulated, for this very reason...and many more.
Why not just fully embrace the censorship embraced by extreme left countries like China and North Korea? You are almost there in your thinking. Just take the final step.

I would almost prefer anarchy over your type of bolshevik behavior control.
bearister
I got banned for life by the Daily Mail for posting non obscene and non violent criticisms of tRump. I got banned for life by two Reddit communities for needling pit bull and AR-15 owners and for pointing out riding a bicycle on the streets of SF is a high risk daredevil activity. Editorial board members need a safe space, milk and cookies.
sycasey
calbear93 said:

GBear4Life said:

OBear073akaSMFan said:

Exactly.

Just when I get creeped out by the idiots on the right, I read something like that and realize how creepy the idiots on the left are.
Yeah, the only difference is that an idiot on the left who said things like that couldn't win the presidential nomination.
Another Bear
calbear93 said:

Another Bear said:

OBear073akaSMFan said:

Why not just fully embrace the censorship embraced by extreme left countries like China and North Korea? You are almost there in your thinking. Just take the final step.

I would almost prefer anarchy over your type of bolshevik behavior control.
Okay good to know...you're a COMMIE.

p.s. there use to be the fairness doctrine and equal time rule, regulations are not the same as censorship but hey you're from the party that support a guy who lies 10x a day and 12,000 times over his term so far.

Me, I prefer HONEST people and honest answers...both required for democracy to work. Of course conservatives and the GOP are not honest or into democracy.

So like I said...YOU'RE A COMMIE AND SO IS THE GOP. Remember RUSSIA and Trump giving Putin a wrap around and a public BJ? Yup, COMMIES!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.