The Official Impeach tRump Thread

128,477 Views | 1639 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bearister
Yogi14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OaktownBear said:

Have to agree with this. Think about it. In many cases a secret vote could make it more likely that an innocent President would be removed from office. The senators need to be held accountable for their vote. Ultimately, if republican voters choose to ignore the rule of law and make it impossible for their candidates to do what is right and still win their nomination, those voters get punished in the general election by watching their candidates go down in flames.

Personally, I don't buy the line of thinking here. Too many false equivalencies that miss the point.

1. Hunter Biden getting that job was an abuse of power.

Duh. But it's the kind of abuse of power that goes on constantly in this country, both within the corporate and governmental sectors. Nepotism happens everywhere when someone has the power to make it happen.

More importantly, Joe Biden is not the president. You'll have a damn hard time impeaching him from an office he doesn't hold.

2. The Democrats don't have any moral authority.

You don't need moral authority to prove someone else abused their power. There are judges and attorneys out there who haven't led clean lives. DUI's, misdemeanors, etc. Somehow the cases get tried anyway. Everyone knows that all politicians abuse their power to make more money, to get themselves cushy jobs when they are out of office, etc. That doesn't mean that when your president is so stupid to do all of these things in plain sight that you can't call him on the carpet for it.

3. Impeachment is too boring and won't change anyone's mind as a result.

The point is not to entertain. The point is to bring those in power to answer for abusing that power. If people don't find that more entertaining than the latest Tyler Perry movie, that's their problem.

Look, everyone knows how this is going to end. Democrats wag their fingers, Republicans obfuscate, the House votes to impeach, the Senate acquits. Just like we knew Kavanaugh was going to be confirmed. You still have to bring all the facts to light and let the chips fall where they may.

And the notion that putting the facts in front of undecided voters (though I honestly don't know how anyone could be undecided in a contest between Random Person X and Trump) is going to somehow hurt the Democrats is pure folly.
BearChemist
Does GOP really have no one more competent than Nunes? I kinda feel bad for him.
NYCGOBEARS
BearChemist said:

Does GOP really have no one more competent than Nunes? I kinda feel bad for him.
I have zero empathy for Nunes. He's a corrupt, bald faced liar who only cares for his own political and monetary benefit.
calbearinamaze
BearChemist said:

* apparently not.....which is REALLY scary.

*Yeh, I know what you mean. When someone is so grossly inept, it hits a tender spot in my heart....and then I rather quickly go "Screw him".
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
bearister
Impeachment Hearings:

Devin Nunes: "Ms. Williams, that was not a trick question."

Ms. Williams: "Congressman Nunes, you couldn't formulate a trick question if someone pointed a gun to your head, you f@ucking moron."
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus

sycasey
BearChemist said:

Nunes is a hack, but honestly the issue here is less about competence and more that the Republicans have no good arguments. The evidence is too strong against Trump.
calbearinamaze
sycasey said:

BearChemist said:

Nunes is a hack, but honestly the issue here is less about competence and more that the Republicans have no good arguments. The evidence is too strong against Trump.
Unfortunately the mountain of evidence may seem to many "not high enough"

Incompetence by "interrogators", Grump himself, etc. carry some weight. How much? I can't quantify.
Another Bear

BearChemist
Gym Jordan is not used to being pushed back.
B.A. Bearacus

Another Bear
Another Bear
B.A. Bearacus
RT'd by T.

sycasey
Another Bear said:

Someone has seen A Few Good Men a few times before.

bearister
BearChemist said:

It is more an issue of moral and ethical "flexibility" than competence. Nunes is ideal.
Unit2Sucks
This is turning into a blood bath for Trump and the Republican enablers. Volker said he doesn't think there is any credible evidence of wrongdoing by Biden, that Giuliani had raised conspiracy theories about Biden, and that any request for Ukraine to investigate Biden would be "unacceptable."

Remember - Volker is one of the of the witnesses who Republicans claimed defended Trump's conduct in closed hearings.

Can't wait for someone to use Gym Jordan's "and you're the star witness" line to describe Volker's about face.
calbearinamaze
Unit2Sucks said:

This is turning into a blood bath for Trump and the Republican enablers. Volker said he doesn't think there is any credible evidence of wrongdoing by Biden, that Giuliani had raised conspiracy theories about Biden, and that any request for Ukraine to investigate Biden would be "unacceptable."

Remember - Volker is one of the of the witnesses who Republicans claimed defended Trump's conduct in closed hearings.

Can't wait for someone to use Gym Jordan's "and you're the star witness" line to describe Volker's about face.

Gym is such a s***k

concordtom
bearister said:

Impeachment Hearings:

Devin Nunes: "Ms. Williams, that was not a trick question."

Ms. Williams: "Congressman Nunes, you couldn't formulate a trick question if someone pointed a gun to your head, you f@ucking moron."

Ive missed most today but I did hear Nunes rolling through stuff and when she paused in consideration he said, "none of these are trick questions."

I felt like finishing as, "I just want as much time as possible with me talking and you agreeing with me, similar to the way Turner (republican from Ohio) did the other day, so I could forward a bunch of my bullshtt to the American viewing public as possible."
concordtom
sycasey said:

BearChemist said:

And yet, there are FAR too many Republicans who are so damned partisan to even care to recognize the obvious. Willful throwing of truth into the trash can. Republicans are SICK in the head.
sycasey
concordtom said:

sycasey said:

BearChemist said:

And yet, there are FAR too many Republicans who are so damned partisan to even care to recognize the obvious. Willful throwing of truth into the trash can. Republicans are SICK in the head.
There's a lot to unpack in this. The secondary issue is that for many years now a lot of Republicans have only been getting their news from conservative sources and have learned to distrust the rest. Fox News is not going to give them the whole truth.

Sick? Maybe. But we're at the point now where it's more that people are just immersed in that bubble and don't realize it.
calbearinamaze
Quote:

There's a lot to unpack in this. The secondary issue is that for many years now a lot of Republicans have only been getting their news from conservative sources and have learned to distrust the rest. Fox News is not going to give them the whole truth.

Sick? Maybe. But we're at the point now where it's more that people are just immersed in that bubble and don't realize it.
Very well-stated.

Frustrating at best.
bearister
Congressman Schiff: "Mr. Morrison, how tall are you?"
Mr. Morrison: "7'1, Sir."
Schiff: "Mr. Morrison, did you play basketball in college?"
Morrison: "No, Sir."
Schiff: "What kind of a goofy mother f@ucker are you?"

Another Bear
The irony, hypocrisy and gall of the GOP is breathtaking and amazing. They literally wrap themselves in the flag, are 141% pro-military, except when it hurts them and their politics, and then they turn and are ready to destroy careers and shat on the flag. And of course they forget. Slam Vindman for wearing an uniform but there's Ollie "the felon" North. GOP collectively deserve to be kicked in the nuts and their heads shoved in a toilet frill of shtt.

B.A. Bearacus
Continued blatant abuse of power, again from the official White House Twitter account.

bearister
Another Bear said:

The irony, hypocrisy and gall of the GOP is breathtaking and amazing. They literally wrap themselves in the flag, are 141% pro-military, except when it hurts them and their politics, and then they turn and are ready to destroy careers and shat on the flag. And of course they forget. Slam Vindman for wearing an uniform but there's Ollie "the felon" North. GOP collectively deserve to be kicked in the nuts and their heads shoved in a toilet frill of shtt.

My takeaways from Ollie North:
1. He was a rogue criminal element;
2. He was one Hell of a Marine that basically led Banzai charges in Vietnam against the enemy; and
3. The man knew how to hire a secretary:

calbearinamaze
bearister said:

Congressman Schiff: "Mr. Morrison, how tall are you?"
Mr. Morrison: "7'1, Sir."
Schiff: "Mr. Morrison, did you play basketball in college?"
Morrison: "No, Sir."
Schiff: "What kind of a goofy mother f@ucker are you?"

+1000
Another Bear
Unit2Sucks said:

Volker and Morrison were suppose to be the GOP's friendly witnesses. The GOP wanted them and they confirmed a bunch of negative stuff for Trump, didn't really defend Trump or give a defense. Bad day for Team Trump and tomorrow could get worse with Sondland.

It seems Sondland is a loose cannon, didn't really like Trumpo, is an emotional screamer, so tomorrow's public hearing is going to very interesting. My guess, he gets grilled heavily and saves his own skin.
Another Bear
bearister said:

Another Bear said:

My takeaways from Ollie North:
1. He was a rogue criminal element;
2. He was one Hell of a Marine that basically led Banzai charges in Vietnam against the enemy; and
3. The man knew how to hire a secretary:

I thought she posed for Playboy but apparently I'm wrong.
NYCGOBEARS
Nunes and Jordan are national embarrassments. I bet Sondland pleads the fifth to at least part of his testimony.
B.A. Bearacus
Don't know about you, but IMHO Schiff has been perfect so far during these hearings. Just really efficient, articulate, bs-squashing, and effective. Wouldn't want anyone else in this role. Hell, even his eyelids cooperated today and he was less bug-eyed.

bearister
Fawn Hall was married to Danny Sugerman,, manager of the Doors, that croaked in 2005. I defy anyone here to come up with a recent photo of:

1. Fawn Hall (age 60);
2. Actor Ken Wahl (age 65);
3. John Dean's wife, Maureen ( age 74).

These people have either gone to ground or wear disguises in public.

B.A. Bearacus
I'm guessing if Sondland could go back in time he would have never had a reason to do this intro to his ambassadorship...

calbearinamaze
Another said:

Quote:

IIRC she did both.
bearister
Another Bear said:

I think you may be thinking of Rita Jenrette.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.