Today, in cops

71,640 Views | 1203 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by going4roses
calpoly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oski003 said:

okaydo said:

oski003 said:

okaydo said:

The LAPD has 10,000 officers, so this is less than 1%. If true, it is a shame that California voters passed a law preventing the chief from firing these officers, per one of the replies. What are the details of this law?

It was backed by the Police Protective League and passed by Los Angeles voters in a March 2017 primary, when voting was at its lowest.

The City of Los Angeles has since moved election day to the day of the midterms.

About 364,000 voted in the last election to determine Los Angeles' mayor in March 2017.

About 929,000 voted in the election to determine Los Angeles' mayor in November 2022.

Also, having 69 bad cops out of 10,000 is like having 69 bad pilots out of 10,000 -- it's a lot and worrying and can have a huge impact.

I guarantee you there are more than 69 bad pilots out of 10,000. Can you tell us more about the law? Are these officers suspended? How can they be fired,?
A guarantee from someone that welches on a bet? No, you have no credibility here.
oski003
calpoly said:

oski003 said:

okaydo said:

oski003 said:

okaydo said:

The LAPD has 10,000 officers, so this is less than 1%. If true, it is a shame that California voters passed a law preventing the chief from firing these officers, per one of the replies. What are the details of this law?

It was backed by the Police Protective League and passed by Los Angeles voters in a March 2017 primary, when voting was at its lowest.

The City of Los Angeles has since moved election day to the day of the midterms.

About 364,000 voted in the last election to determine Los Angeles' mayor in March 2017.

About 929,000 voted in the election to determine Los Angeles' mayor in November 2022.

Also, having 69 bad cops out of 10,000 is like having 69 bad pilots out of 10,000 -- it's a lot and worrying and can have a huge impact.

I guarantee you there are more than 69 bad pilots out of 10,000. Can you tell us more about the law? Are these officers suspended? How can they be fired,?
A guarantee from someone that welches on a bet? No, you have no credibility here.

I didn't agree to the bet. Welch generally means to not pay after losing a bet. I backed out at the 11th hour. Huge difference. You are basing your statement on a timeline of a "fixated" poster who had me on ignore at the time, in October. Have a Merry Christmas.
okaydo
okaydo
going4roses
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
okaydo
okaydo
going4roses
going4roses
http://www.wippipo.com/2023/01/graphic-police-brutality-photos-show.html?m=1
okaydo
going4roses
oski003
going4roses said:

Why is he disobeying the officers? Why are you posting something so misleading? Stop the hate. The officers have a job to do. Unfortunately, some bad actors make it difficult for them to do it. This just costs us tax money. Why sympathize with this bs?
Unit2Sucks
Those cops were dicks on obvious power trips and should be fired. As far as I can tell, they didn't tell him what he did wrong and why he was being detained.

I'm pretty sure threatening extra-judicial killing where the underlying "violation" is perhaps a missing front license plate is not by the book police work. Cops don't just get to interrupt people for any reason and demand compliance with unreasonable requests and threaten to shoot them. We are supposed to live in a just society and this is anything but.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

Those cops were dicks on obvious power trips and should be fired. As far as I can tell, they didn't tell him what he did wrong and why he was being detained.

I'm pretty sure threatening extra-judicial killing where the underlying "violation" is perhaps a missing front license plate is not by the book police work. Cops don't just get to interrupt people for any reason and demand compliance with unreasonable requests and threaten to shoot them. We are supposed to live in a just society and this is anything but.

The video doesn't capture the beginning of events. I am not going to assume the police officers did not tell him why they seized him. I am definitely not going to assume they interrupted him for "any" reason and are making unreasonable requests. However, you do you.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

The video doesn't capture the beginning of events. I am not going to assume the police officers did not tell him why they seized him. I am definitely not going to assume they interrupted him for "any" reason and are making unreasonable requests. However, you do you.
You're a reflexive contrarian so no one really cares what you claim to believe or assume. If I said the sky was blue you would argue with me.

If you cared to learn more (not clear that you do) you would see that he was ultimately cited for a missing front license plate. I feel free to assume that he didn't so something far worse which would cause these very fine gentleman to threaten him with an extra judicial killing for failure to comply.

On the other hand, maybe you've now turned over a new leaf and have stopped making assumptions in all areas on BI. I don't read the anti-vaxxer thread but I'm glad to hear you no longer claim that any young person or athlete who suffers any sort of injury must be connected to mRNA and must be a serious career-ending and life-threatening consequence. LOL, who are we kidding.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

You're a reflexive contrarian so no one really cares what you claim to believe or assume. If I said the sky was blue you would argue with me.

If you cared to learn more (not clear that you do) you would see that he was ultimately cited for a missing front license plate. I feel free to assume that he didn't so something far worse which would cause these very fine gentleman to threaten him with an extra judicial killing for failure to comply.

On the other hand, maybe you've now turned over a new leaf and have stopped making assumptions in all areas on BI. I don't read the anti-vaxxer thread but I'm glad to hear you no longer claim that any young person or athlete who suffers any sort of injury must be connected to mRNA and must be a serious career-ending and life-threatening consequence. LOL, who are we kidding.

Stop the personal attacks. I won't respond to your poor behavior. You can disagree with someone without behaving like this.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Stop the personal attacks. I won't respond to your poor behavior. You can disagree with someone without behaving like this.
"You do you."
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

"You do you."

You assumed a bunch of stuff and cut into what I was saying. Then, because I said three words, you do you, you go off. You are being terrible.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

"You do you."

You assumed a bunch of stuff and cut into what I was saying. Then, because I said three words, you do you, you go off. You are being terrible.
"Stop the personal attacks. I won't respond to your poor behavior. You can disagree with someone without behaving like this."
okaydo

okaydo

okaydo
Apathetic Bear
going4roses said:

Explain to me in your own words how this is fascism.
going4roses
Fascism-white nationalist- racism- white Supremacy bka white depravity- chattel slavery- slave patrol
going4roses

Wow
oski003
going4roses said:

Wow

This video is a good example of how difficult it is to be a police officer. What is wrong with that guy? He is crazy. He certainly shouldn't be teaching any kids. Edited to add that I started typing this before I realized he died, which is sad and unfortunate.
going4roses
Apathetic Bear said:

going4roses said:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/lapd-bans-thin-blue-line-complaint-represents-violent-extremist-views
Apathetic Bear
going4roses said:

Apathetic Bear said:

going4roses said:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/lapd-bans-thin-blue-line-complaint-represents-violent-extremist-views
I see you found the "in your own words" part confusing.
going4roses
going4roses
smh
only silver lining: dateline Pittsburg Pennsylvania, not California's township
going4roses
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRp6onBB/

Graphic violence
oski003
going4roses said:

What was their probable cause to search the vehicle? Did they find anything?
Eastern Oregon Bear
oski003 said:

going4roses said:

Hey, it boosted police morale. What other reason did they need?
oski003
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

oski003 said:

going4roses said:

Hey, it boosted police morale. Why other reason did they need?

I was looking for something factual as opposed to a biased, ignorant response. Let's try to have real dialog.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.