The Non-Yogi Israel-Palestine war thread

189,115 Views | 2533 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by tequila4kapp
CaliforniaEternal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We will win.

Lets Go Brandon
CaliforniaEternal said:

We will win.

oski003
A senior U.S. intelligence official said on Tuesday that the American government continued to believe that Hamas used the hospital complex and sites beneath it to exercise command and control activities, store weapons and hold "at least a few hostages."

White House officials at the time backed the Israeli assessment. "We have information that confirms that Hamas is using that particular hospital for a command and control node," John F. Kirby, a National Security Council spokesman, said on Nov. 14.

...the American intelligence assessment has remained firm that the hospital was used by Hamas. The new intelligence represents the most current American assessment, officials said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/02/us/politics/gaza-hospital-hamas.html
Lets Go Brandon
oski003 said:

A senior U.S. intelligence official said on Tuesday that the American government continued to believe that Hamas used the hospital complex and sites beneath it to exercise command and control activities, store weapons and hold "at least a few hostages."

White House officials at the time backed the Israeli assessment. "We have information that confirms that Hamas is using that particular hospital for a command and control node," John F. Kirby, a National Security Council spokesman, said on Nov. 14.

...the American intelligence assessment has remained firm that the hospital was used by Hamas. The new intelligence represents the most current American assessment, officials said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/02/us/politics/gaza-hospital-hamas.html

Lets Go Brandon

Lets Go Brandon

movielover
Twitter hired dozens from our crooked intell agencies.
Eastern Oregon Bear
movielover said:

Twitter hired dozens from our crooked intell agencies.
How dare Elon Musk do that! Has he fired them?
CaliforniaEternal
A good start but the rest of the filth needs to be swept up.

bearister
Netanyahu is losing control in Israel. The U.S. is struggling to deal with him. - POLITICO

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/01/08/netanyahu-israeli-leader-losing-control-00134146
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
tequila4kapp
I find The Ask Project to be very interesting. I randomly picked one episode to link here for demonstration purposes. Questions are posed by viewers and asked of Palestinians and Jews, as intended.

Lets Go Brandon

BearGoggles
bearister said:

Netanyahu is losing control in Israel. The U.S. is struggling to deal with him. - POLITICO

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/01/08/netanyahu-israeli-leader-losing-control-00134146
This is an incredibly stupid take that is circulating among the American left. The author is rabidly anti-netanyahu and it bleeds into everything she writes about Israel. And then she quotes a guy like Aaron David Miller who is equally anti-bibi. It reflects a strange desire on the American left to attack Netanyahu, no matter the actual facts.

In this case, she is incorrectly claiming that Netanyahu is resisting US because of his "far right" coalition. That is idiotic. In the short run - and particularly with respect to the conduct of the war and its objectives - Netanyahu has the overwhelming support of the Israeli people. He is leading a unity government - the far right lunatics have lost their power (for now).

Within the first few days after 10/7, I posted that the attack would eventually end Netanyahu's political career. He will eventually be blamed (seemingly justifiably) for the policy and security failures that led to the attack. His entire image was based on providing Israel security and that has been destroyed. This will be his end. But in the short run, Netanyahu is not losing control - if anything his war policies are winning the day with the Israeli populace. .
tequila4kapp
I have been reading and watching a lot of sources. The attacks really had an impact in Israel, especially that every day Gazan's participated and celebrated as they did on 10/7. There are scores of reports of former peace activists and Jews who provided humanitarian aid to Palestinians who have now been turned, and who now see the world differently. There is a slight ch*nk in the armor over getting the hostages back otherwise I doubt Israel has ever been more unified in its support of ongoing military action.
smh
tequila4kapp said:

> There is a slight ch*nk in the armor over getting the hostages back otherwise I doubt Israel has ever been more unified in its support of ongoing military action> genocide
fixed it for you
tequila4kapp
smh said:

tequila4kapp said:

> There is a slight ch*nk in the armor over getting the hostages back otherwise I doubt Israel has ever been more unified in its support of ongoing military action> genocide
fixed it for you
You can keep saying it and it does not make it any less wrong. Talk to me again when Palestinians living in Israel have military action taken against them. Pesky little problem for your talking point that 20% of Israel's population is Arab Palestinians with equal rights, seats in the Knesset, economic prosperity and population growth. But don't let facts get in your way.
sycasey
tequila4kapp said:

smh said:

tequila4kapp said:

fixed it for you
You can keep saying it and it does not make it any less wrong. Talk to me again when Palestinians living in Israel have military action taken against them. Pesky little problem for your talking point that 20% of Israel's population is Arab Palestinians with equal rights, seats in the Knesset, economic prosperity and population growth. But don't let facts get in your way.
Part of the issue here is that Gaza and the West Bank are kind of separate from Israel and also kind of not. (And the Netanyahu government certainly has not helped this situation in the West Bank.)
movielover
Shouldn't IDF leadership get the blame? There went the credibility of supposedly one of the world's best militaries.
Lets Go Brandon
CaliforniaEternal said:

A good start but the rest of the filth needs to be swept up.

Lets Go Brandon

Lets Go Brandon

Lets Go Brandon

cbbass1
movielover said:

Shouldn't IDF leadership get the blame? There went the credibility of supposedly one of the world's best militaries.
"Supposedly."
Big C
Genocide Joe said:

As we say here, in her district, "Barbara Lee speaks for me."
cbbass1
tequila4kapp said:

I find The Ask Project to be very interesting. I randomly picked one episode to link here for demonstration purposes. Questions are posed by viewers and asked of Palestinians and Jews, as intended.

[url=https://youtu.be/FkM6Lx2KDWw?list=RDNSFkM6Lx2KDWw]South Africa Lays Out Genocide Case vs. Israel at World Court in The Hague[/url]

'Annihilate Everyone': Israeli TV Promotes Genocidal Song

"A Textbook Case of Genocide": Israeli Holocaust Scholar Raz Segal Decries Israel's Assault on Gaza

Israel's Explicit Call For Genocide

CaliforniaEternal
Israel haters will continue to support Hamas without any hesitation, a group that calls for Jews to be wiped out. Gaza's population will continue to increase year over year and you'll still claim it's "genocide."

Cal88
CaliforniaEternal said:

Israel haters will continue to support Hamas without any hesitation, a group that calls for Jews to be wiped out. Gaza's population will continue to increase year over year and you'll still claim it's "genocide."

Israel has used the TNT equivalent of 2-3 Hiroshima bombs in an indiscriminate bombing campaign on the densely populated Gaza strip, so I doubt that the population of Gaza is increasing at this point, with nearly 5% of that population already having been killed or injured.
movielover
If Netanyahu doesn't bomb, does he end up removed / and / or in prison?
CaliforniaEternal
You don't say! There's a war going on and bombs are being dropped. What a concept. Until Hamas leadership surrenders and the hostages are released, bombs will continue to be dropped and rightfully so.
Lets Go Brandon

bear2034
We still don't know why it took so long for the IDF to respond to the events of October 7.
We still don't have a good explanation as to how Israeli intel didn't know this was going to happen.
And there are some reports that Indicate the Israeli military knew Hamas was planning an attack well before October 7.
Something still doesn't add up.
movielover
Is it possible some factions wanted the attack... to allow this unprecedented payback?

It helps the MIC, when they don't even need help. (Afghanistan, Ukraine.)
cbbass1
Why not just stop the killing in Gaza, and avoid WW3?

We Could Try Simply NOT Provoking A Wider War Via The Continued Destruction Of Gaza
https://caitlinjohnstone.com.au/2024/01/13/we-could-try-simply-not-provoking-a-wider-war-via-the-continued-destruction-of-gaza/

This is exactly what advocates for a cease-fire have been saying for months.

The Houthis in Yemen are attacking ships to hopefully spare their fellow humans in Gaza from genocide. They'll stop attacking when Israel stops killing.

Isn't >20,000 confirmed dead Palestinians enough? [And that's not counting over 5,000 missing, buried in rubble, and presumed dead.] I mean, it's "an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth," not ">20 teeth for a tooth."

The Houthis are trying to save lives. The U.S., by attacking the Houthis in "Operation Prosperity Guardian," is trying to save shipping costs.

If You've Just Started Paying Attention To US Foreign Policy...
https://caitlinjohnstone.com.au/2024/01/14/if-youve-just-started-paying-attention-to-us-foreign-policy/

Quote:

Every war the US involves itself in is always facilitated by lies promulgated in one voice by the official government in Washington and by the "independent" "free" press (actually propaganda services) of the western world. They deceived the world about Ukraine. They deceived the world about Yemen. They deceived the world about Syria, Libya and Iraq. There are always, always lies, obfuscations and manipulations involved in marketing a new war to the public, or in hiding its involvement in foreign wars from public attention.

sycasey
cbbass1 said:

The Houthis are trying to save lives.

Ridiculous.
Cal88
sycasey said:

cbbass1 said:

The Houthis are trying to save lives.

Ridiculous.

No, CBBass is right, The Yemenis' only condition for stopping the blockade of the Bab al Mandab Straight is for Israel to allow food and water convoys into Gaza, that's it. 2+ million people in Gaza are facing starvation, if nothing is done, more people in Gaza will end up dying from disease and malnutrition than from being bombarded by the equivalent of 2.5 Hiroshima bombs. That is the nature of this humanitarian crisis.

Are you against allowing the humanitarian convoys into Gaza?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.