The Non-Yogi Israel-Palestine war thread

189,253 Views | 2533 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by tequila4kapp
CaliforniaEternal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Welcome home to Qaid Farhan Alkadi from the rat's tunnels. We can't even imagine what he had to live through. Every freed hostage means having to release fewer captured terrorists, a big win for humanity's future. It sure doesn't seem like the ceasefire crowd is happy that an Israeli Bedouin is now free.

bearister

Drone photo of protest in Tel Aviv last night. Photo: Oren Alon/Reuters

Biden: Netanyahu isn't doing enough to get a Gaza hostage and ceasefire deal

https://www.axios.com/2024/09/02/biden-netanyahu-israel-gaza-hostage-ceasefire-deal
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearGoggles
bearister said:

https://www.axios.com/2024/09/02/biden-netanyahu-israel-gaza-hostage-ceasefire-deal

The far left in Israel is equally destructive, irrational, and out of step as the far left in the US. These people hate Bibi (akin to TDS). They are useful idiots to Hamas and offer no alternative solutions other than leaving Hamas in power.

This is an intractable problem. The only way for Israel to have saved the 100+ remaining hostages via cease fire agreement was to endanger the remaining Israeli citizens. Bibi and others in government have to balance that reality.

Would the US have pulled out of Iraq/Afghanistan/the entire Middle East to save Daniel Pearl or other US hostages? No - we did not and would not.
CaliforniaEternal
BearGoggles said:

bearister said:

The far left in Israel is equally destructive, irrational, and out of step as the far left in the US. These people hate Bibi (akin to TDS). They are useful idiots to Hamas and offer no alternative solutions other than leaving Hamas in power.

This is an intractable problem. The only way for Israel to have saved the 100+ remaining hostages via cease fire agreement was to endanger the remaining Israeli citizens. Bibi and others in government have to balance that reality.

Would the US have pulled out of Iraq/Afghanistan/the entire Middle East to save Daniel Pearl or other US hostages? No - we did not and would not.

Spot on. If a country surrenders after terrorists torture and execute hostages then there is no incentive for any hostages to be kept alive. Unfortunately, we knew this day would come but surrendering to Hamas and letting them rearm is a far worse outcome.
Cal88
Make America Great said:

Israel mass murdered their own citizens on October 7

British journalist goes into detail on what happened on October 7, and the disinformation campaign led by the Israeli government, Israeli NGOs, fabrications like the fake stories of 40 beheaded Israeli babies which were relayed by MSM outlets like the NYT and politicians including Biden and speaker Johnson :

My Hero

Cal88
My Hero said:

Mearsheimer believes Kamala will continue the MIC's policy of using Ukraine to the last Ukrainian against Russia:

In all fairness though, he also believes that Trump would not be able to change that policy either, pretty sobering analysis.

As to Gaza, US policy has been run by the main bureaucrats (Blinken, Sullivan etc) and is not likely to change either under Kamala:

Cal88

American peace activist killed by an Israeli sniper with a shot to the head at the end of a peaceful protest.

Cal88
bearister
Cell phones next? Sh@it!

Hezbollah members wounded in Lebanon when pagers explode | Reuters

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/dozens-hezbollah-members-wounded-lebanon-when-pagers-exploded-sources-witnesses-2024-09-17/
CaliforniaEternal
Paying all hezbollah terrorists: please strap your pagers right next to your junk!

https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-east/hundreds-of-hezbollah-operatives-pagers-explode-in-apparent-attack-across-lebanon-cf31cad4?mod=mhp
CaliforniaEternal
Song of the day:
Baby, you can drive my car
Yes, I'm gonna be a star
Baby, you can drive my car
And maybe I'll love you
Beep-beep, beep-beep, yeah

Big C

I am going through a period of self-analyzing here, wondering if I'm a bad person for laughing and cheering at this new exploding devices story. PBS News Hour just reported that many of the devices were being held by mid-and-high ranking leaders of Hezbollah... and I just don't think I'm a huge fan of those m*****f*****s.

Note that I haven't actually laughed or cheered yet (if it makes me a bad person). But I'm getting pretty damned close.
Big C
Mass Hysteria said:

Big C said:

I am going through a period of self-analyzing here, wondering if I'm a bad person for laughing and cheering at this new exploding devices story. PBS News Hour just reported that many of the devices were being held by mid-and-high ranking leaders of Hezbollah... and I just don't think I'm a huge fan of those m*****f*****s.

Note that I haven't actually laughed or cheered yet (if it makes me a bad person). But I'm getting pretty damned close.
Does this increase the hilarity?

Quite the opposite. Great buzz kill, It's hard to enjoy anything nowadays, I swear. You hear "terrorists got their asses blown off, literally, with exploding pagers" ... you go "Yay!", then somebody gotta come in with full details.

thx 4 nuttin
bear2034
Big C said:

oski003
Israel just launched airstrikes at Southern Lebanon, right after this exploding pager killed and injured many. What is going on? How is this related to the Hamas terrorist attack / kidnapping? Rrrrrrrrrrrrgggghh.
Cal88
oski003 said:

Israel just launched airstrikes at Southern Lebanon, right after this exploding pager killed and injured many. What is going on? How is this related to the Hamas terrorist attack / kidnapping? Rrrrrrrrrrrrgggghh.

It's about hatred of their neighbors, and lebensraum, they covet Lebanese land and its rich hydrology (Litani river)

For religious fanatics and zionist zealots alike, God has gifted them all the land between the Nile and the Euphrates. This message is encoded within the flag of Israel, the two blue bands representing these rivers.

Israel is the only country in the world that doesn't officially define its own borders, because it is a constantly expanding colonial project driven by a fanatical religious doctrine.
bearister
bear2034 said:

I'm confused. tRump Uber fanboy James Woods gets the giggles over exploding electronics in Lebanon. But, but, but after reviewing the comments on BI it is clear that concern over this attack has been added to the growing Republican Empathy Net:

1. Concern over Biden being unfairly squeezed out: Check

2. Concern over Ukrainian soldiers being slaughtered while being armed with American ordance: Check

3. Concern over Palestinians being slaughtered in Gaza: Check

4. Concern over Tim Walz mistreating his special needs son: Check

5. Concern over voters who were misled Beyonce was going to appear at the DNC: Check

6. Concern over Black people being exploited by Democrats: Check

7. Concern over Democrats besmirching RFK Jr.'s impeccable reputation: Check

8. Concern over Female Genital Mutilation (FGM): Check

9. Concern over Bernie Sanders being treated unfairly by the Democratic Party: Check

10. Concern over tRump being Fact Checked during the debate every time he told a demonstrable lie: Check

11. Concern over the unfairness of Taylor Swift endorsing Harris: Check

12. Concern for the welfare of all missing cats, dogs, geese and any pet in Springfield, Ohio: Check

13. Concern over members of Hezbollah getting their junk blown off by exploding pagers and their ears blown off by exploding walkie talkies: Check

So what is it? Has James Woods gone rogue or are Fox News and tRump just not being clear enough defining the basket of beliefs for their supporters? …..or maybe it's because tRump has no real political philosophy. With development opportunities in Gaza, Beirut and Riyadh, tRump is just a pragmatic businessman playing the both ends against the middle.

MAKE BEIRUT GREAT AGAIN!
Haloski
Cal88 said:

oski003 said:

It's about hatred of their neighbors, and lebensraum, they covet Lebanese land and its rich hydrology (Litani river)

For religious fanatics and zionist zealots alike, God has gifted them all the land between the Nile and the Euphrates. This message is encoded within the flag of Israel, the two blue bands representing these rivers.

Israel is the only country in the world that doesn't officially define its own borders, because it is a constantly expanding colonial project driven by a fanatical religious doctrine.

Now do Russia/Ukraine.
Cal88
bearister said:

bear2034 said:

I'm confused. tRump Uber fanboy James Woods gets the giggles over exploding electronics in Lebanon. But, but, but after reviewing the comments on BI it is clear that concern over this attack has been added to the growing Republican Empathy Net:

1. Concern over Biden being unfairly squeezed out: Check

2. Concern over Ukrainian soldiers being slaughtered while being armed with American ordance: Check

3. Concern over Palestinians being slaughtered in Gaza: Check

4. Concern over Tim Walz mistreating his special needs son: Check

5. Concern over voters who were misled Beyonce was going to appear at the DNC: Check

6. Concern over Black people being exploited by Democrats: Check

7. Concern over Democrats besmirching RFK Jr.'s impeccable reputation: Check

8. Concern over Female Genital Mutilation (FGM): Check

9. Concern over Bernie Sanders being treated unfairly by the Democratic Party: Check

10. Concern over tRump being Fact Checked during the debate every time he told a demonstrable lie: Check

11. Concern over the unfairness of Taylor Swift endorsing Harris: Check

12. Concern for the welfare of all missing cats, dogs, geese and any pet in Springfield, Ohio: Check

13. Concern over members of Hezbollah getting their junk blown off by exploding pagers and their ears blown off by exploding walkie talkies: Check

By and large, it's fair to say that there is more concern for the ongoing mass slaughter in Gaza on the Democrat side, and among younger people in general (both Dems and Reps). Most older conservatives can't get past decades of neoconservative conditioning wrt mideastern politics.
Cal88
Haloski said:

Cal88 said:

oski003 said:

Now do Russia/Ukraine.

Horrible wars both, and both can be stopped with a POTUS opposing neocons and the MIC. Unfortunately I don't think either Kamala or Trump will stop the genocide in Palestine, they are both Bibi's b1tches.
Cal88
CaliforniaEternal said:

Thanks for the insight Goebbels

I would guess Joseph would have approved of those methods.

This was from yesterday, and it's not even in Gaza, it's in the occupied West Bank:

Chapman_is_Gone
Let's Go Israel!!
<clap> <clap>
<clap> <clap> <clap>
Cal88
Chapman_is_Gone
Cal88 said:

Tell you what, I'll root for the creative and resourceful Jews, who I know and admire and have visited, who respect human rights and have created technological advancements that rival those of the greatest engineers anywhere the world. You can root for the prehistoric desert rats, whose women have few rights, who believe in silly martyrdom fairy tales, and who have done little to advance civilization out of the dark ages. Deal?
tequila4kapp
Leon Panetta's absolute idiocy is a form of terrorism on all people with functioning brains.
tequila4kapp
Cal88 said:

oski003 said:

This answer is insanity. Literal insanity.

Hezbollah has fired hundreds of rockets virtually daily into Israel unprovoked, intentionally killing innocent civilians. Thousands of Israeli's have been relocated out of their homes for months. What is going on is that Israel - after showing extreme restraint - has finally said enough and is killing the terrorists and destroying their terrorist capabilities. They have warned civilians to move out of the area; many of whom are doing so. But sure, let's inanely claim it is a pure land grab - probably racist to boot.

History lesson: Palestinians attacked Israel from Lebanon spurring a war. Israel fought back, prevailed and occupied Lebanon from @1985-2006, at which point Israel withdrew from Lebanon in exchange for a UN Resolution prohibiting militants - including Hezbollah - from being there. Said resolution has never been enforced and we are back to indiscriminate attacks on Israel by terrorists from the north.

Read: If Israel wanted that land they would kept what they already possessed instead of giving it back in exchange for false promises of peace (again).
tequila4kapp
Cal88 said:

American peace activist killed by an Israeli sniper with a shot to the head at the end of a peaceful protest.

If Palestinians want functioning schools and hospitals all they need to do is not elect leaders who put arms in schools and hospitals then fire them at a nation state which defends itself.
dimitrig
tequila4kapp said:

Cal88 said:

If Palestinians want functioning schools and hospitals all they need to do is not elect leaders who put arms in schools and hospitals then fire them at a nation state which defends itself.

This is like saying that if we wanted a leader that wasn't a loon all we had to do was not elect Trump.

tequila4kapp
dimitrig said:

tequila4kapp said:

Cal88 said:

This is like saying that if we wanted a leader that wasn't a loon all we had to do was not elect Trump.
No, it would be more like (conceptually) saying if we want lower consumer prices we should elect leaders that don't enable trade wars by imposing tariffs on foreign countries.
dimitrig
tequila4kapp said:

dimitrig said:

tequila4kapp said:

Cal88 said:

No, it would be more like (conceptually) saying if we want lower consumer prices we should elect leaders that don't enable trade wars by imposing tariffs on foreign countries.

Point I am making is that plenty of Americans don't like Trump but he won the election. We shouldn't be punished because some of the population is misguided.
tequila4kapp
dimitrig said:

tequila4kapp said:

dimitrig said:

tequila4kapp said:

Cal88 said:

Point I am making is that plenty of Americans don't like Trump but he won the election. We shouldn't be punished because some of the population is misguided.
Democratic elections have consequences. The population enjoys the benefits and detriments of their choice.

The real shame is the Palestinians never have a decent choice, just different flavors of the same thing - antisemites looking to remove Israel from the face of the earth.
bearister

tequila4kapp
Peanuts said:

Biden is beyond idiocy. If Mexico launched thousands of rockets across the border and US citizens had been displaced from homes for months he'd…ask for a peace deal? Actually, given his stupidity he possibly would.
BearGoggles
tequila4kapp said:

Peanuts said:

Biden is beyond idiocy. If Mexico launched thousands of rockets across the border and US citizens had been displaced from homes for months he'd…ask for a peace deal? Actually, given his stupidity he possibly would.
When I was in poli sci classes at Cal (late 80s), there was much discussion and study of the failures/lessons of the Vietnam war.

The chief takeaway was that you fight wars to win and bring overwhelming force. No political half measures. Or don't fight the wars at all. That was the doctrine that Colin Powell and his ilk brought to the wars in the 1990s which were successful (on the battlefield, if not politically). But the lesson was forgotten.

The US policy in the middle east and Ukraine is muddled and absurd. If we're going to be involved (directly or by proxy), fight to win. Don't hand cuff the Israel/Ukrainians with rules of engagement that the other side does not employ and other political concerns.

Israel is winning. It is insane that Biden (really Obama and his minions) want to save Iran and Hezbollah, primarily so the war will be resolved before the election. Fortunately, I don't think Israel will be stopped this time. They understand they need to win decisively and when they listened to the US in gaza, it completely backfired (again).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.