2020 Election - Catch-all Thread

59,235 Views | 1707 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by sycasey
GBear4Life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearNakedLadies said:

sycasey said:


I'm not sure that Harris has a real narrative to her campaign. Like, what is she for? With Biden or Bernie or Warren you know what their argument is. Harris just seems to be there as the candidate whose identity looks good on paper (young, progressive, woman of color).
Yep. Other than saying "I don't think you're a racist" to Biden (which is a back door way of telling someone that they actually are kind of a racist), she hasn't distinguished herself in any way.
Neither has Biden. But he's a household name. He's predictable. He's safe. Easier to "trust" than a rookie senator DA from San Fran (everybody not out west hates SF, even liberals!)
going4roses
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Democratic leadership is lost

https://www.lifesitenews.com/mobile/blogs/cory-booker-invents-a-new-lgbt-word-nie-phew?utm_content=bufferbc683&__twitter_impression=true
Anarchistbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GBear4Life said:

BearNakedLadies said:

sycasey said:


I'm not sure that Harris has a real narrative to her campaign. Like, what is she for? With Biden or Bernie or Warren you know what their argument is. Harris just seems to be there as the candidate whose identity looks good on paper (young, progressive, woman of color).
Yep. Other than saying "I don't think you're a racist" to Biden (which is a back door way of telling someone that they actually are kind of a racist), she hasn't distinguished herself in any way.
Neither has Biden. But he's a household name. He's predictable. He's safe. Easier to "trust" than a rookie senator DA from San Fran (everybody not out west hates SF, even liberals!)


The difference between Biden and Harris supporters is largely among elderly black Americans- largely for Biden. Harris is a choice for college educated whites because she is an "affirmation of their brand"- you can vote for her and be munificent. She doesn't score well with people of color for obvious reasons- she's a phony opportunist and a two bit cop
GBear4Life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's interesting that her reputation (real or perceived) as "tough on crime" as DA that liberals criticize is her only redeeming quality (particularly with conservatives).

She is an opportunist for sure. But that's not unique in politics.
BearNakedLadies
How long do you want to ignore this user?
going4roses said:

Democratic leadership is lost

https://www.lifesitenews.com/mobile/blogs/cory-booker-invents-a-new-lgbt-word-nie-phew?utm_content=bufferbc683&__twitter_impression=true
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/life-site-news/
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Biden down.

BearNIt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearNIt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
B.A. Bearacus said:

Biden down.


Not buying that Bernie is up given he was down in almost every poll we've seen. Suddenly the old guy down the street yelling at the neighborhood kids to get off his lawn is in a tie for the lead? Hmmmmm.
Anarchistbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you believe the poll it's not that hard to believe at all- it says that Biden's support has gone to Sanders and Warren which makes a lot of sense- who else would it go to?
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
B.A. Bearacus said:

Biden down.


I can believe that Biden is down, but this poll is a severe outlier compared to every other. I doubt it's actually a tie right now.
BearNIt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anarchistbear said:

If you believe the poll it's not that hard to believe at all- it says that Biden's support has gone to Sanders and Warren which makes a lot of sense- who else would it go to?
I see the poll as an outlier and will compare it to others to get a consensus.
going4roses
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Biden = definite loss
GBear4Life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GBear4Life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
going4roses said:

Biden = definite loss
maybe if whiny leftists sulk at home. They figure hey at least I can use Trump as a virtue signaling prop for another 4 years.
BearNIt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearNIt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Biden down.


I can believe that Biden is down, but this poll is a severe outlier compared to every other. I doubt it's actually a tie right now.
The Morning Consult Poll came in this evening.

Biden: 33%
Sanders: 20%
Warren: 15%
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
going4roses said:

Biden = definite loss


Yeah, my Biden tolerance level blew up. I'd rather lose voting for a Dem with a brain. BTW, tRump looked really, really fat and really really sweaty at the G7. That tub of guts could very well end up throwing a clot the size of an apple fritter and checking out before getting reseated.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Another Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Very telling read.

Quote:

Elizabeth Warren Manages to Woo the Democratic Establishment
The party insiders at the DNC's summer meeting seemed unexpectedly drawn to the senator from Massachusetts.

SAN FRANCISCOJoe Biden is ostensibly the candidate of the Democratic establishment. But it was Elizabeth Warrenwho's built her career on trying to challenge the status quowho spent the weekend wowing party insiders.

At this point in Warren's campaign, it's not a surprise anymore when she spends hours working a "selfie line" after a major event, as she did following two massive rallies she's held in the past week. But it was a surprise when more than 150 of the Democratic Party's biggest donors similarly lined up on Thursday night after her speech at a dinner hereand it struck even some of the Democrats waiting to take photos with her.

These are people who should not like her," said one attendee, who spoke to me on the condition of anonymity to avoid showing favoritism. "And they love her."

The next day, at the summer meeting of the Democratic National Committee, party members were on their feet cheering when she took the stage for a brief address. When he spoke there, Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey seemed to land more applause lines overall. A few other candidates were also received warmly, including Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont, who gave a notably conciliatory speech about the proud legacy of the Democratic Party that perhaps no one could have imagined him delivering after his burn-down-the-DNC campaign in 2016.

But it was the Massachusetts senator who got a standing ovation before she'd even said a word, and another as soon as she'd finished speaking. From the start, Warren's campaign was built on the theory that she's an outsider whom insiders can live with, and an insider who has credibility with outsidersin 2016 terms, someone who can attract both Sanders and Hillary Clinton voters. Primary voting is months away. The DNC's 2020 convention is almost a year from now. But on Friday afternoon, in the huge, bland hotel ballroom where the DNC meeting was held, Warren's theory seemed to be working out.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/08/elizabeth-warren-dnc-summer-meeting/596791/
BearNakedLadies
How long do you want to ignore this user?
B.A. Bearacus said:

Biden down.


Monmouth University Poll?

Uh, yeah I'm gonna disregard that one, though the Economist poll is fairly similar. Gonna need a lot more corroborating polls before I believe the bloom is off the Biden rose, though it can't happen too soon to satisfy me. One more story about the good old days and I'll be throwing a shoe at him.
BearNakedLadies
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearNIt said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Biden down.


Not buying that Bernie is up given he was down in almost every poll we've seen. Suddenly the old guy down the street yelling at the neighborhood kids to get off his lawn is in a tie for the lead? Hmmmmm.
Well I guess we know what your bias is
BearNakedLadies
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GBear4Life said:


https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/louder-with-crowder/
BearNakedLadies
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Another Bear said:

Very telling read.

Quote:

Elizabeth Warren Manages to Woo the Democratic Establishment
The party insiders at the DNC's summer meeting seemed unexpectedly drawn to the senator from Massachusetts.

SAN FRANCISCOJoe Biden is ostensibly the candidate of the Democratic establishment. But it was Elizabeth Warrenwho's built her career on trying to challenge the status quowho spent the weekend wowing party insiders.

At this point in Warren's campaign, it's not a surprise anymore when she spends hours working a "selfie line" after a major event, as she did following two massive rallies she's held in the past week. But it was a surprise when more than 150 of the Democratic Party's biggest donors similarly lined up on Thursday night after her speech at a dinner hereand it struck even some of the Democrats waiting to take photos with her.

These are people who should not like her," said one attendee, who spoke to me on the condition of anonymity to avoid showing favoritism. "And they love her."

The next day, at the summer meeting of the Democratic National Committee, party members were on their feet cheering when she took the stage for a brief address. When he spoke there, Senator Cory Booker of New Jersey seemed to land more applause lines overall. A few other candidates were also received warmly, including Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont, who gave a notably conciliatory speech about the proud legacy of the Democratic Party that perhaps no one could have imagined him delivering after his burn-down-the-DNC campaign in 2016.

But it was the Massachusetts senator who got a standing ovation before she'd even said a word, and another as soon as she'd finished speaking. From the start, Warren's campaign was built on the theory that she's an outsider whom insiders can live with, and an insider who has credibility with outsidersin 2016 terms, someone who can attract both Sanders and Hillary Clinton voters. Primary voting is months away. The DNC's 2020 convention is almost a year from now. But on Friday afternoon, in the huge, bland hotel ballroom where the DNC meeting was held, Warren's theory seemed to be working out.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/08/elizabeth-warren-dnc-summer-meeting/596791/

"Those are people who should not like her."

Translated into Dem-insider-speak, this is "We've specifically instructed these people to support Biden and they're not listening." Four years ago, it was "We've specifically instructed these people to support Hillary."
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearNakedLadies said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Biden down.


Monmouth University Poll?

Uh, yeah I'm gonna disregard that one, though the Economist poll is fairly similar. Gonna need a lot more corroborating polls before I believe the bloom is off the Biden rose, though it can't happen too soon to satisfy me. One more story about the good old days and I'll be throwing a shoe at him.

Monmouth is a respectable pollster. But even those get outlier results sometimes.
BearNakedLadies
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey said:

BearNakedLadies said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Biden down.


Monmouth University Poll?

Uh, yeah I'm gonna disregard that one, though the Economist poll is fairly similar. Gonna need a lot more corroborating polls before I believe the bloom is off the Biden rose, though it can't happen too soon to satisfy me. One more story about the good old days and I'll be throwing a shoe at him.

Monmouth is a respectable pollster. But even those get outlier results sometimes.
Where is the Cal Berkeley poll then? Why does some third rate New Jersey school have a poll and we don't?

(ducks shoe)
BearNIt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearNakedLadies said:

BearNIt said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Biden down.


Not buying that Bernie is up given he was down in almost every poll we've seen. Suddenly the old guy down the street yelling at the neighborhood kids to get off his lawn is in a tie for the lead? Hmmmmm.
Well I guess we know what your bias is
My bias is that the guy couldn't even call himself a Democrat and yet wants the Democratic nomination for President. There is something not quite right about that, either he is a Democrat or he is not. Not identifying as a Democrat until you decide to run for President is disingenuous. He would caucus with the Dems, but wouldn't call himself a Democrat, and that is my problem with Bernie. The DNC was so concerned about him being a Democrat that they had him sign a pledge stating that he was a Democrat, and that does engender confidence in his pledge.
BearNakedLadies
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearNIt said:

BearNakedLadies said:

BearNIt said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Biden down.


Not buying that Bernie is up given he was down in almost every poll we've seen. Suddenly the old guy down the street yelling at the neighborhood kids to get off his lawn is in a tie for the lead? Hmmmmm.
Well I guess we know what your bias is
My bias is that the guy couldn't even call himself a Democrat and yet wants the Democratic nomination for President. There is something not quite right about that, either he is a Democrat or he is not. Not identifying as a Democrat until you decide to run for President is disingenuous. He would caucus with the Dems, but wouldn't call himself a Democrat, and that is my problem with Bernie. The DNC was so concerned about him being a Democrat that they had him sign a pledge stating that he was a Democrat, and that does engender confidence in his pledge.
Democratic Party is a rigged game. I wouldn't pledge crap to them. Even now, they're fretting about their business as usual boy Biden losing ground to Warren.
Another Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearNakedLadies said:

BearNIt said:

BearNakedLadies said:

BearNIt said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Biden down.


Not buying that Bernie is up given he was down in almost every poll we've seen. Suddenly the old guy down the street yelling at the neighborhood kids to get off his lawn is in a tie for the lead? Hmmmmm.
Well I guess we know what your bias is
My bias is that the guy couldn't even call himself a Democrat and yet wants the Democratic nomination for President. There is something not quite right about that, either he is a Democrat or he is not. Not identifying as a Democrat until you decide to run for President is disingenuous. He would caucus with the Dems, but wouldn't call himself a Democrat, and that is my problem with Bernie. The DNC was so concerned about him being a Democrat that they had him sign a pledge stating that he was a Democrat, and that does engender confidence in his pledge.
Democratic Party is a rigged game. I wouldn't pledge crap to them. Even now, they're fretting about their business as usual boy Biden losing ground to Warren.
Welp you can vote GOP.
OdontoBear66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So is being an opportunist in politics forgivable (on both sideshaha). It sure is endemic
BearNakedLadies
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Another Bear said:

BearNakedLadies said:

BearNIt said:

BearNakedLadies said:

BearNIt said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Biden down.


Not buying that Bernie is up given he was down in almost every poll we've seen. Suddenly the old guy down the street yelling at the neighborhood kids to get off his lawn is in a tie for the lead? Hmmmmm.
Well I guess we know what your bias is
My bias is that the guy couldn't even call himself a Democrat and yet wants the Democratic nomination for President. There is something not quite right about that, either he is a Democrat or he is not. Not identifying as a Democrat until you decide to run for President is disingenuous. He would caucus with the Dems, but wouldn't call himself a Democrat, and that is my problem with Bernie. The DNC was so concerned about him being a Democrat that they had him sign a pledge stating that he was a Democrat, and that does engender confidence in his pledge.
Democratic Party is a rigged game. I wouldn't pledge crap to them. Even now, they're fretting about their business as usual boy Biden losing ground to Warren.
Welp you can vote GOP.
Some people are more crooked than others. A lot more crooked.
BearNIt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The two most recent polls:

Quinnipiac:

Biden 32%, Warren 19%, Sanders 15%

U.S. Today/Suffolk:

Biden: 32%, Warren 14%, Sanders 12%

Seems like Monmouth was an outlier.
going4roses
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearNIt said:

The two most recent polls:

Quinnipiac:

Biden 32%, Warren 19%, Sanders 15%

U.S. Today/Suffolk:

Biden: 32%, Warren 14%, Sanders 12%

Seems like Monmouth was an outlier.



Trump in a landslide with enough political capitol to reboot slavery
BearNIt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
going4roses said:

BearNIt said:

The two most recent polls:

Quinnipiac:

Biden 32%, Warren 19%, Sanders 15%

U.S. Today/Suffolk:

Biden: 32%, Warren 14%, Sanders 12%

Seems like Monmouth was an outlier.



Trump in a landslide with enough political capitol to reboot slavery
His use of Imminent Domain on the southern boarder to build his wall, the pulling of $255 million from the Disaster Relief budget with a hurricane bearing down on Puerto Rico at the beginning of hurricane season, his disdain of all things Puerto Rican, his unrelenting lies about everything, his unrelenting ability to offend every demographic within the U.S. voting population except one, the feeling from a majority of people that the economy is going in the wrong direction, coal miners realizing that promises made weren't promises kept, and farmers in the Midwest revolting, mean that the Idiot in Chief's reign is coming to an end and those sealed indictments are going to be unsealed and the Romanoffs and their associates will have to answer for their deeds.
going4roses
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearNIt said:

going4roses said:

BearNIt said:

The two most recent polls:

Quinnipiac:

Biden 32%, Warren 19%, Sanders 15%

U.S. Today/Suffolk:

Biden: 32%, Warren 14%, Sanders 12%

Seems like Monmouth was an outlier.



Trump in a landslide with enough political capitol to reboot slavery
His use of Imminent Domain on the southern boarder to build his wall, the pulling of $255 million from the Disaster Relief budget with a hurricane bearing down on Puerto Rico at the beginning of hurricane season, his disdain of all things Puerto Rican, his unrelenting lies about everything, his unrelenting ability to offend every demographic within the U.S. voting population except one, the feeling from a majority of people that the economy is going in the wrong direction, coal miners realizing that promises made weren't promises kept, and farmers in the Midwest revolting, mean that the Idiot in Chief's reign is coming to an end and those sealed indictments are going to be unsealed and the Romanoffs and their associates will have to answer for their deeds.


But he still has the complexion for protection lol
BearNIt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
going4roses said:

BearNIt said:

going4roses said:

BearNIt said:

The two most recent polls:

Quinnipiac:

Biden 32%, Warren 19%, Sanders 15%

U.S. Today/Suffolk:

Biden: 32%, Warren 14%, Sanders 12%

Seems like Monmouth was an outlier.



Trump in a landslide with enough political capitol to reboot slavery
His use of Imminent Domain on the southern boarder to build his wall, the pulling of $255 million from the Disaster Relief budget with a hurricane bearing down on Puerto Rico at the beginning of hurricane season, his disdain of all things Puerto Rican, his unrelenting lies about everything, his unrelenting ability to offend every demographic within the U.S. voting population except one, the feeling from a majority of people that the economy is going in the wrong direction, coal miners realizing that promises made weren't promises kept, and farmers in the Midwest revolting, mean that the Idiot in Chief's reign is coming to an end and those sealed indictments are going to be unsealed and the Romanoffs and their associates will have to answer for their deeds.


But he still has the complexion for protection lol
Only as long as the spray tan and the hair spray don't wear off or go limp.
going4roses
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lol
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.