2020 Election - Catch-all Thread

259,593 Views | 2434 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Unit2Sucks
GoOskie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

'We couldn't stand it any more': why disaffection with Devin Nunes is growing among his constituents

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/28/devin-nunes-california-congress-election?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

This bag of cow dung will be re elected. Too many manure brains running around in those parts.
This just in: Republicans find another whistleblower who claims Hillary's emails were proven to be on Hunter's laptop while Obama spied on tRump as he sat (shat?) upon his golden toilet. Gym Jordan afraid whistle blower may be in danger of abduction by aliens in cahoots with Democrats.
Kaworu
bearister said:

'We couldn't stand it any more': why disaffection with Devin Nunes is growing among his constituents

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/28/devin-nunes-california-congress-election?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

With a five point deficit and a huge money advantage, I wouldn't get your hopes too high. But I'd be very happy to see him go.

https://www.opensecrets.org/races/summary?cycle=2020&id=CA22
bearister
Inside The Political Donation History Of Wealthy Sports Owners | FiveThirtyEight

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/inside-the-political-donation-history-of-wealthy-sports-owners/
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
'I regret voting for him': Ohioans hit by GM plant closure reflect on Trump

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/29/lordstown-ohio-trump-gm-plant-election?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
kelly09
Probably doesn't matters who wins. Our cultural divide may make the country ungovernable.

https://lawliberty.org/uncivil-wars-of-civil-religion/
Eastern Oregon Bear
bearister said:

Inside The Political Donation History Of Wealthy Sports Owners | FiveThirtyEight

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/inside-the-political-donation-history-of-wealthy-sports-owners/
Interesting article, but about what I expected. Nice to see who the various owners favor and in what amounts. As a side note, I had no idea that Billie Jean King is a part owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
AunBear89
Kelly Loeffler, GOP rising star and unabashed Trump Humper, is either stupid or lying (likely both):

https://www.11alive.com/article/news/politics/elections/loeffler-access-hollywood/85-0461b9c5-93a0-427c-b1a0-dc7939348ff1
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bearister
bearister
bearister

There is no chance in hell that DeSantis doesn't "deliver" Florida.
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
After the dust settles the Republicans and Fox News personalities will deny tRump 3 times before the cock crows.
bearister
As COVID-19 ravages Wisconsin's small towns, hostility toward Trump intensifies

https://news.yahoo.com/covid-19-ravages-wisconsins-small-120051855.html
Unit2Sucks
How funny would it be if all of the California diaspora in Texas are taking it blue.

sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

How funny would it be if all of the California diaspora in Texas are taking it blue.

After 2016 there were a lot of Democrats wondering why we can't just get some of these people from California and New York to move out to the red states. Well, it's basically been happening under our noses for years. At some point it will really show up in election results and flip some of the bigger red states blue.
bearister
"Donald Trump Jr. said covid-19 deaths are at 'almost nothing.' The virus killed more than 1,000 Americans the same day...

... Trump cannot bring himself to speak to the nation as one people suffering through the same crisis, let alone urge us to make collective sacrifices in one another's mutual interests. In reminding us of this, Trump's son just illustrated one of the main strikes against reelecting him...."

Opinions | Donald Trump Jr.'s ugly rant on Fox makes a strong case against his father

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/10/30/donald-trump-jrs-ugly-rant-fox-makes-strong-case-against-his-father/

bearister
2020 early voting has already reached 62% of 2016's total turnout - Axios

https://www.axios.com/2020-2016-vote-turnout-early-voting-e9da9e9c-df3d-46ac-ae81-2dea53e23993.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiospm&stream=top
Unit2Sucks
Maybe people are starting to believe Lindsey Graham.

bearister
NYCGOBEARS
bearister said:

Trump can keep the old Cuban vote. Suburban moms are gonna crush him.
smh
45's password guessed (really),, twice.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/22/trump-twitter-hacked-dutch-researcher-password
dateline october 22nd

Title: Trump's Twitter hacked after Dutch researcher claims he guessed password
Quote:

Donald Trump's Twitter account was allegedly hacked last week, after a Dutch researcher correctly guessed the president's password: "maga2020!", Dutch media reported.

Victor Gevers, a security expert, had access to Trump's direct messages, could post tweets in his name and change his profile, De Volkskrant newspaper reported.

Gevers who previously managed to log into Trump's account in 2016 apparently gained access by guessing Trump's password. He tried "maga2020!" on his fifth attempt and it worked. Maga stands for Trump's oft used campaign slogan Make America Great Again.

"I expected to be blocked after four failed attempts. Or at least would be asked to provide additional information," Gevers told DeVolkskrant.
Quote:

Remarkably, it wasn't the first time Gevers has gained access to the president's Twitter account. In 2016 he and two others guessed Trump's password and got into his account.

Back then Trump's password was "yourefired", according to VN news, his catchphrase from the reality TV show that brought him into American living rooms before his election, The Apprentice.
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
bearister
"Four more years of a president without shame, backed by a party without spine, amplified by a TV network without integrity, and the cancer will be in the bones of every institution that has made America America....

.... Re-electing Trump would mean that a significant number of Americans don't cherish the norms that give our Constitution meaning, don't appreciate the need for an independent, professional Civil Service, don't respect scientists, don't hunger for national unity, don't care if a president tells 20,000 lies in short, don't care about what has actually made America great and different from any other great power in history....

... America goes dark, if the message broadcast by the Statue of Liberty shifts from "give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free" to "get the hell off my lawn"; if America becomes just as cynically transactional in all its foreign dealings as Russia and China; if foreigners stop believing that there is somewhere over the rainbow where truth is still held sacred in news reporting and where justice is the norm in most of the courts, then the whole world will get darker. Those who have looked to us for inspiration will have no widely respected reference point against which to critique their own governments.

Authoritarian leaders all over the world in Turkey, China, Russia, Poland, Hungary, the Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Brazil and elsewhere already smell this. They have been emboldened by the Trump years. They know they're freer to assassinate, poison, jail, torture and censor whomever they want, without reproach from America, as long as they flatter Trump or buy our arms...."
Thomas Friedman, NY Times
Big C
smh said:

45's password guessed (really),, twice.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/22/trump-twitter-hacked-dutch-researcher-password
dateline october 22nd

Title: Trump's Twitter hacked after Dutch researcher claims he guessed password
Quote:

Donald Trump's Twitter account was allegedly hacked last week, after a Dutch researcher correctly guessed the president's password: "maga2020!", Dutch media reported.

Victor Gevers, a security expert, had access to Trump's direct messages, could post tweets in his name and change his profile, De Volkskrant newspaper reported.

Gevers who previously managed to log into Trump's account in 2016 apparently gained access by guessing Trump's password. He tried "maga2020!" on his fifth attempt and it worked. Maga stands for Trump's oft used campaign slogan Make America Great Again.

"I expected to be blocked after four failed attempts. Or at least would be asked to provide additional information," Gevers told DeVolkskrant.
Quote:

Remarkably, it wasn't the first time Gevers has gained access to the president's Twitter account. In 2016 he and two others guessed Trump's password and got into his account.

Back then Trump's password was "yourefired", according to VN news, his catchphrase from the reality TV show that brought him into American living rooms before his election, The Apprentice.

Well, THAT explains all the astonishingly stupid tweets coming from "Trump" the past several years!

In other news, Trump has just ordered Congress to declare war on the Netherlands.
blungld
bearister said:

"Four more years of a president without shame..."

And yet people even here on this board either refuse to see the stakes and the world order their loyalty has created, or are so concerned with winning and hating liberals that the consequences to their beliefs don't matter

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
B.A. Bearacus
Our next president and first in a while who will care about all states, not just the red ones.

smh
Fact check: CNN breaks down the 7 kinds of dishonesty to expect in a late-campaign Trump rally
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/31/politics/fact-check-trump-rallies-dishonesty/index.html
o Downplaying the coronavirus
o Describing Biden's positions
o Suggesting election fraud
o Rewriting history
o Making false or misleading economic boasts
o Exaggerating his accomplishments
o Saying false things about trivial subjects

Halloween peek at guess who's tombstone..

> Susan B. Anthony died at the age of 86 of heart failure and pneumonia in her home in Rochester, NY, on March 13, 1906. She was buried in Mount Hope Cemetery.
B.A. Bearacus
smh
routine Cal Secretary of State email rcvd..
Quote:

Dear California Voter,

If you have recently returned your vote-by-mail ballot, thank you for being a voter and helping keep your community safe!

Due to COVID-19 safety measures and high voter turnout, we are expecting long lines at voting locations on Election Day. You don't have to wait until then to vote. Return your ballot this weekend to skip the line and join a record-breaking 9 million Californians who have already voted!

You can help keep voting locations safe for voters and election workers in these ways:

[ol]
  • Skip the line You can return your completed ballot by mail with no stamp needed, at an official ballot drop box, or at a voting location. Voting locations will have separate lines for voters dropping off completed ballots.
  • Vote early If you visit a voting location, go before Election Day to help with physical distancing. Voting locations will be open in many counties beginning this Saturday, October 31, through Election Day, November 3. Voting locations will offer same-day voter registration, replacement ballots, accessible voting machines, and language assistance.
  • Take safety precautions Protect your health and the health of other voters and election workers at voting locations by following these simple procedures:
    • Wear a face covering while at the voting location.
    • Keep 2 arms' length distance from other people.
    • Wash hands before and after entering the voting location.
    • Use hand sanitizer after touching doors or voting equipment.
    • Bring a ballpoint pen to avoid touching high-contact surfaces.
  • [/ol]
    Ballots returned by mail must be postmarked by November 3, 2020.

Ballots returned at an official ballot drop box or voting location must be dropped off by 8:00 p.m. on November 3, 2020.

If you have already voted, you can verify that your ballot has been received by your county elections office at http://WheresMyBallot.sos.ca.gov

Please allow several days after returning your ballot for your county elections office to process it.

Together, we can ensure a safe and secure election for all Californians!

Yours sincerely,
    Alex Padilla California Secretary of State

P.S. The more voters who return their ballots this weekend, the safer in-person voting locations will be for voters who need them on Election Day. If you need to access a voting location on Election Day, you can find a full list for each county at http://FindMyPollingPlace.sos.ca.gov
    bonus: santa clara county public library ballot drop boxes found in front of most (all?) branches
    smh

serving suggestion: YT run setting of X1.5 speed with english closed captions enabled
    bearister
    B.A. Bearacus said:

I know his father showed no affection, however, tRump displays all the classic signs of a man that never felt loved by his mother. For that reason, he has spent a lifetime seeking validation from others.
    bearister
    B.A. Bearacus
    bearister said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

I know his father showed no affection, however, tRump displays all the classic signs of a man that never felt loved by his mother. For that reason, he has spent a lifetime seeking validation from others.

Now do the Republican posters going out guns a-blazin' to die on this hill for T. There are not many.
    bearister
    B.A. Bearacus
    bearister said:

Hmm, maybe the acid from the other thread was bad.
    Unit2Sucks
    Oh look, another tell all book from someone outside the government who has been privy to unsecured phone calls with Trump where sensitive information was shared - Lev Parnas' son. As if we didn't already know Trump is the worst steward of classified info in history, he proves it once again.

Once Trump is out of office, I can only imagine what sort of shenanigans we will find out about.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/01/lev-parnas-son-trump-tell-all-433790

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.