2020 Election - Catch-all Thread

259,427 Views | 2434 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Unit2Sucks
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's sometimes hard to tell if Professor is a Bernie supporter or a supporter of Dem disunity
sycasey
Professor Turgeson Bear said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

GET A GRIP, BERNIE BED-WETTERS: HIS MESSAGE AND MEDIA MACHINE COULD BE POTENT AGAINST TRUMP
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/01/bernie-sanders-message-media-machine-could-be-potent-against-trump

The primary process doesn't really worry me in terms of "electability." It's a competitive primary. Whoever survives it is the strongest candidate, by definition.
Yogi14
sycasey said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

GET A GRIP, BERNIE BED-WETTERS: HIS MESSAGE AND MEDIA MACHINE COULD BE POTENT AGAINST TRUMP
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/01/bernie-sanders-message-media-machine-could-be-potent-against-trump
The primary process doesn't really worry me in terms of "electability." It's a competitive primary. Whoever survives it is the strongest candidate, by definition.
And yet everyone else wants to define who is electable rather than letting the process play out
Mr. Spock
dajo9 said:

It's sometimes hard to tell if Professor is a Bernie supporter or a supporter of Dem disunity
dajo9
Mr. Spock said:

dajo9 said:

Professor: You bedwetters
Dajo (me): Professor is divisive
Spock (one of Proffesor's other accounts): Dajo is using ad hominem attacks
BearsWiin
dajo9 said:

Yogi14
dajo9 said:

Mr. Spock said:

dajo9 said:

Bedwetters wasn't my term, dummy
Yogi14
BearsWiin said:

dajo9 said:

Democrat unity is a moderate only term. It doesn't exist if Sanders is the nominee.
dajo9

dajo9 said:

Mr. Spock said:

dajo9 said:

You are responsible for what you post. Also, you should post that dumb Spock thing on yourself for calling me a dummy.
dajo9

BearsWiin said:

dajo9 said:

Democrat unity is a moderate only term. It doesn't exist if Sanders is the nominee.

Or so you hope.
Yogi14
dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

Mr. Spock said:

dajo9 said:

You are responsible for what you post. Also, you should post that dumb Spock thing on yourself for calling me a dummy.
Truth is a defense
Yogi14
dajo9 said:

BearsWiin said:

dajo9 said:

Or so you hope.
Like I said, you are a dummy
Yogi14

BearsWiin said:

dajo9 said:

Exhibit A:
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/iowa-caucuses-live-results-coverage-2020/h_9ecb55bcb0d84cc278f43021e980fc9f
sycasey

BearsWiin said:

dajo9 said:

Exhibit A:
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/iowa-caucuses-live-results-coverage-2020/h_9ecb55bcb0d84cc278f43021e980fc9f

It's not helpful to engage in this kind of conspiracy theorizing. Late results could be due to a lot of things.
Yogi14
sycasey said:

BearsWiin said:

dajo9 said:

Exhibit A:
It's not helpful to engage in this kind of conspiracy theorizing. Late results could be due to a lot of things.
Something that actually happened isn't a conspiracy
sycasey

sycasey said:

BearsWiin said:

dajo9 said:

Exhibit A:

What happened, now?
Yogi14
sycasey said:

sycasey said:

BearsWiin said:

dajo9 said:

Exhibit A:

What happened, now?
sycasey

sycasey said:

sycasey said:

BearsWiin said:

dajo9 said:

Exhibit A:

What happened, now?

I still don't understand your point.
sycasey
THE FIX IS IN.

Unit2Sucks
Seems like the point is the caucuses are a really unrepresentative way of choosing a viable candidate and not something that should have an outsized impact on our presidential elections.

At least, that's always been my takeaway from this circus.
Yogi14
Unit2Sucks said:

Seems like the point is the caucuses are a really unrepresentative way of choosing a viable candidate and not something that should have an outsized impact on our presidential elections.

It certainly is a lot more work than just casting a vote on a primary.

On the other hand, there is something kinda attractive about a back and forth debate with your fellow constituents. But I don't know that I want to be standing in an Iowa gym at 11:00 local time still debating.
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

They are an unrepresentative sample, but they haven't had this kind of issue with late reporting before, as far as I know. This may just be a problem specific to this year and not about caucuses in general.

The argument in favor of caucuses is that they measure enthusiasm for the candidates and it's good to have some contests rewarding that and others rewarding the popular vote.
B.A. Bearacus
tequila4kapp
B.A. Bearacus said:

That was kind of beautiful.
blungld
B.A. Bearacus said:

Where do you begin with so many Americans?

Her faith should not govern the nation.

Her Bible, that she has picked and chosen from, does not describe marriage and Jesus himself never married and told his apostles to abandon their wives to inherit eternal life.

Her beliefs are interpretations, not facts, based on ancient writings, vague at best, translated and changed over time and set in a completely different cultural context. Gay marriage and religious teachings on homosexuality are largely exploiting inherent bigotry as a wedge issue to galvanize the faithful into political voting blocks rather than actually being the benevolent teaching of the highest moral order.

She would likely not care about homosexuality one bit unless she was programmed to care. A new generation, the poll worker's child and my own children included, were not raised to hate or judge and so they do not; they could care less what a person's sexuality is. So this is entirely a taught cultural value, not an inherent inviable truth of God. It's just "mankind" at their worst and most lizard-brained using God as an excuse.

And she is living under a rock if she did not already know this about Pete.

Democracy fails in the hands of this type of bias and ignorance.
okaydo

B.A. Bearacus
bearister
I am so relieved that tRump won't have to worry about any investigation of Russian interference in the 2020 Election.

William Barr says investigations into 2020 candidates must be approved by top Justice officials - CNNPolitics

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/06/politics/justice-department-investigations-2020-candidates/index.html

*We have ceased living in a democracy.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
I'm pretty sure James Carville birthed by a pod and that when he sees a Republican he points and screeches (as well he should!).

bearister
This goes a long way to explain why tRump will win again. At the end of the day, a nation gets the government it deserves*

1. A majority of Americans cannot name a single branch of government or explain what the Bill of Rights is;

2. 24% can't name the country that the U.S. fought in the Revolutionary War;

3. 2/3 don't know what the holding of Roe v. Wade is;

4. 2/3 don't know what the Food and Drug Administration does;

5. 50% don't know each state has two senators;

6. More than 50% can't name their congressman;

7. The average voter thinks 24% of the U.S. budget goes to foreign aid (less than 1% does);

8. 18% thinks the sun revolves around the earth;

9. 50% don't know that Judaism predates Christianity

*and don't forget, only elites know facts and stuff.
bearister
" If the only way we can get rid of the sociopathic tyrant named Trump is with an oligarch named Bloomberg, we will have to choose the oligarch. Yet I hope it doesn't come to that. Oligarchy is better than tyranny. But neither is as good as democracy."

Michael Bloomberg is trying to buy the presidency that should set off alarms

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/feb/09/michael-bloomberg-donald-trump-presidential-election?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

bearister
kjkbear
Yep. Trump is the worst. Biden the stupidest. His "lying dog-faced pony soldier" comment was idiotic. His own spokesperson made this point even clearer when it was said the comment was an old John Wayne movie line. I'll bet none of the college kids there knew what he meant--if that was true. Poor Joe missed his chance in 2016.
sycasey
kjkbear said:

Yep. Trump is the worst. Biden the stupidest. His "lying dog-faced pony soldier" comment was idiotic. His own spokesperson made this point even clearer when it was said the comment was an old John Wayne movie line. I'll bet none of the college kids there knew what he meant--if that was true. Poor Joe missed his chance in 2016.
I don't know if he missed his chance or if he is just bad at this. He surely has a lot of very good political skills to have had this long a career in Washington, but running for President seems to be a skill that has eluded him.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.