2020 Election - Catch-all Thread

259,389 Views | 2434 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Unit2Sucks
GBear4Life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

The only chance we had at a positive outcome was a quick catch of bin Laden.

Another thing a Democratic president had to clean up after the failure of the Republicans.

where do you guys come up with this stuff
sycasey
GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

The only chance we had at a positive outcome was a quick catch of bin Laden.

Another thing a Democratic president had to clean up after the failure of the Republicans.

where do you guys come up with this stuff
From observing reality?
bearister
I'm getting a select group of BI guys this stocking stuffer for Christmas:

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Eastern Oregon Bear
bearister said:

I'm getting a select group of BI guys this stocking stuffer for Christmas:

While that shirt is a nightmare scenario, at least none of them got elected to a second term.
bearister

How Close Did Russia Really Come to Hacking the 2016 Election? - POLITICO

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2019/12/26/did-russia-really-hack-2016-election-088171

" The company's expansive reach into so many aspects of election administration and into so many states and its use of remote access to gain entry into customer computers for troubleshooting raises a number of troubling questions about the potential for damage if the Russians (or any other hackers) got into VR Systems' network either in 2016, or at any other time. Could they, for example, alter the company's poll book software to cause the devices to malfunction and create long delays at the polls? Or tamper with the voter records downloaded to poll books to make it difficult for voters to cast ballots by erroneously indicating, for example, that a voter had already cast a ballot, as voters in Durham experienced? Could they change results posted to county websites to cause the media to miscall election outcomes and create confusion? Cybersecurity experts say yes. In the case of the latter scenario, Russian hackers proved their ability to do precisely this in Ukraine's results system in 2014."
bearister
Nothing Less Than a Civil War': These White Voters on the Far Right See Doom Without Trump DNyuz

https://dnyuz.com/2019/12/28/nothing-less-than-a-civil-war-these-white-voters-on-the-far-right-see-doom-without-trump/
bearister
Exclusive poll: Black Americans' opposition to Trump is pushing them to vote in 2020 - Axios

https://www.axios.com/black-voters-motivated-2020-election-trump-dae9583e-44d2-4d0c-8fdd-f0d9b3966064.html
Cal Junkie
bearister said:

Nothing Less Than a Civil War': These White Voters on the Far Right See Doom Without Trump DNyuz

https://dnyuz.com/2019/12/28/nothing-less-than-a-civil-war-these-white-voters-on-the-far-right-see-doom-without-trump/
They'll what, chase us around on their Rascal Scooters?
Anarchistbear
Biden says he would consider a Republican for a running mate. I'm guessing he chooses McCain.
sycasey
Anarchistbear said:

Biden says he would consider a Republican for a running mate. I'm guessing he chooses McCain.

Maybe Tulsi Gabbard!
Anarchistbear
sycasey said:

Anarchistbear said:

Maybe Tulsi Gabbard!

Inadvertently brilliant, if impossible. He'd lock in the Bernie voters and the Republican/ Libertarian crowd and add a "woman of color" to the ticket. And he wouldn't lose anyone- the Dems would vote for Biden if Manson were his running mate.
Cal88
Tulsi has made non-interventionism her main political platform, so she is target #1 for the neocons, who are nearly as influential today with the Democrat establishment as the Republican. Biden would never choose her for this reason alone.

The kind of Republican running mate he could go for would be someone like Mitt Romney, who's into the same neoliberal economic policies.
Yogi14
Cal88 said:

Tulsi has made non-interventionism her main political platform, so she is target #1 for the neocons, who are nearly as influential today with the Democrat establishment as the Republican. Biden would never choose her for this reason alone.

The kind of Republican running mate he could go for would be someone like Mitt Romney, who's into the same neoliberal economic policies.
It's cute when you play-act at being smart. Kinda like those chicken soup for the soul videos where they let the disabled kid run for a TD.
Cal88
Professor Turgeson Bear said:

Cal88 said:

It's cute when you play-act at being smart. Kinda like those chicken soup for the soul videos where they let the disabled kid run for a TD.

Thanks, I try to keep my posts accessible to the slower neurodiverse elements on this board.
dajo9
Putin, Cal88, and Tulsi - the gift that keeps on giving
Cal88
Like clockwork, the board's hall monitor. Were you also hall monitor at Casa Zimbabwe?
dajo9
Cal88 said:

Like clockwork, the board's hall monitor. Were you also hall monitor at Casa Zimbabwe?
Hall monitor's at Casa Zimbabwe. You're a funny guy.
Cal88
What does being funny have to do with Putin? You're slipping here.
bearister

"The S&P 500 has jumped 42% under President Trump according to market data from the inauguration through 2019's final day of trading, Axios' Courtenay Brown reports.

Why it matters: Trump uses the stock market's surge as a barometer of his presidency's success, but the percentage gains lag former Presidents Barack Obama, when stocks rebounded from the lows of the financial crisis, and George H.W. Bush." Axios
GBear4Life
bearister said:

Exclusive poll: Black Americans' opposition to Trump is pushing them to vote in 2020 - Axios

https://www.axios.com/black-voters-motivated-2020-election-trump-dae9583e-44d2-4d0c-8fdd-f0d9b3966064.html
Don't say Trump's presidency didn't lead to anything positive...
golden sloth
And Castro drops out which isnt too surprising. Cant get the link working on my mobile.

Hopefully Gabbard is next.

dajo9
golden sloth said:

And Castro drops out which isnt too surprising. Cant get the link working on my mobile.

Gabbard isn't dropping out. She's staying in through the general election backed by Republican money and Russian media (and Cal88)

In 2021 she'll get a job on Fox News
golden sloth
dajo9 said:

golden sloth said:

Gabbard isn't dropping out. She's staying in through the general election backed by Republican money and Russian media (and Cal88)

I would welcome gabbard as a third party candidate. I think she'd pull more votes away from Trump than whoever the Democratic nominee is. She is not well liked by democratic voters.
okaydo
OdontoBear66
golden sloth said:

dajo9 said:

golden sloth said:

I would welcome gabbard as a third party candidate. I think she'd pull more votes away from Trump than whoever the Democratic nominee is. She is not well liked by democratic voters.
Isn't that funny. I could kinda handle Gabbard as well as Bloomberg. The rest not. Just keep moving left Dems. Loving it.
Anarchistbear
OdontoBear66 said:

golden sloth said:

dajo9 said:

golden sloth said:

Isn't that funny. I could kinda handle Gabbard as well as Bloomberg. The rest not. Just keep moving left Dems. Loving it.

Gabbard supports single payer health care, the Green New Deal, ending all regime change wars and just called Trump's killing an unconstitutional act of war. I assume these are all positions a moderate like you endorses? Welcome.
OdontoBear66
Anarchistbear said:

OdontoBear66 said:

golden sloth said:

dajo9 said:

golden sloth said:

Gabbard supports single payer health care, the Green New Deal, ending all regime change wars and just called Trump's killing an unconstitutional act of war. I assume these are all positions a moderate like you endorses? Welcome.
Why I didn't think you lefties liked Gabbard at all. Wonder who you are welcoming? Key word "kinda". Haha.
dajo9
But Gabbard goes on Fox News and criticizes Democrats. That's all conservatives need to know.
Anarchistbear
You're confusing left with Democrats.
okaydo

bearister
U.S. Probes If Russia Targeting Biden in 2020 Election Meddling - Bloomberg

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-10/u-s-probes-if-russia-targeting-biden-in-2020-election-meddling

* Watch for tRump to order a special investigation to prove the Russians are trying to undermine him because they don't want a strong, genius POTUS.
bearister
How bad can the climate crisis get if Trump wins again?

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/jan/12/climate-crisis-if-trump-wins-again?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Electoral college: how Trump could lose the popular vote and win again

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jan/12/trump-electoral-college-2020-election-popular-vote?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
BearForce2
dajo9
I hate to interrupt the Professor's victory celebration, but. . .

prospeCt
https://res.cloudinary.com/teepublic/image/private/s--1VVQZw9E--/t_Preview/b_rgb:c62b29,c_lpad,f_jpg,h_630,q_90,w_1200/v1547409664/production/designs/3967587_0.jpg

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.