2020 Election - Catch-all Thread

259,444 Views | 2434 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Unit2Sucks
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My position has always been that the Russkies will rig a tRump "win" via the Electoral College.
Due to recent developments, I now believe the worm has turned and Biden will pull it out.

I also think tRump will be either dead or near dead from Covid 19 by Election Day. No way that 300 pound sack of sh@it is cured.

With regard to violence, if tRump wins, there will lots of it and tRump will have the National Guard executing citizens in the street like the Summer of '67.

If Biden wins, no issue. As the Pinkerton man in Denver showed, those militia dumb f@ucks will be shown religion quite easily. As the plotters in Michigan proved, we are not dealing with rocket scientists.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
Some on here still, to this day, support this degenerate family.

bearister
The tRump Crime Family has made billions in stock market manipulation and in under the table broker fees for "delivering"(like the arms sale to Saudi). The in plain sight swindles like the hotel income is chump change compared to the other.
Big C
GoOskie said:

bearister said:

" As so often these days, it's the Onion FTW: "Trump Attempts To Pivot Narrative Away From Coronavirus Controversy By Molesting Child of Fallen Soldier." And yet that headline barely exaggerates how wildly the Trump train has gone off the rails in these last weeks of this campaign. We've been watching in real time as a seriously sick and unstable president has ambushed and wrecked the first debate, presided over a super-spreader viral event at the White House itself, ranted on Twitter in ALL CAPS, while hopped up on steroids, called on his attorney general to arrest his political opponents, announced a "cure" (why the **** not?), walked away from a desperately needed stimulus, canceled the next debate, and encouraged the country to let the coronavirus rip some more."

" Dreaming Of A Landslide - The Weekly Dish

https://andrewsullivan.substack.com/p/dreaming-of-a-landslide
Your posts almost always hit the nail on the head. It scares me that Biden is only up 12%. It scares me that so many people in this country can support such a dangerous man. I truly fear the violence that we may see in the coming months. Stay safe.

Yeah, I mean, it's nice that it's about 51% - 40% right now and that Trump has been shooting himself in the foot every chance he gets lately, but shouldn't it really be about 61% - 30%, given that we've had almost four years to see who Trump really is and what havoc he can wreak?
Unit2Sucks
Saying Trump's lost a fortune during his presidency doesn't mean he's not engaged in massive grift. He's a terrible businessman who regularly loses "a fortune."

It reminds me of the old adage "how do you make a small fortune in the restaurant business? Start with a large fortune." That's largely what Trump has done over the last 40 years.

Sadly, the misinformation campaign that Trump and his emissaries are waging is extremely effective. Just as one data point, a distant family member in law posted the following tweet to Facebook. She thought it was real. This is the sort of stuff that bearlyamazing and other similar types fall for all the time.

Not only is the tweeter not who you would think it is, the tweet is of course false. If you actually look at the underlying data (which is even correctly linked by Hucklebee to the CDC!) you would see that we had around 250k more deaths this year through August than in 2019. September looks different because the 2020 numbers aren't finalized. The excess deaths in 2020 correlate very closely with COVID deaths per week, but higher. This effect was most pronounced at the peak 4 week period of the pandemic when, even if you subtract the ~60k deaths from COVID, we had about 20k excess deaths vs 2019. I won't begin to make projections for what will happen from here on out, but I would estimate that we are currently at ~300k more deaths in 2020 than the same point in 2019. We don't yet know how much of that is COVID and how much of that is people drinking bleach or getting gunned down in the streets or what have you. Also, obviously, as our country gets larger we see higher mortality generally but I don't think the typical year on year increase is this large.
bearister
If Hucknpee gets The Taint, she dead.
Unit2Sucks
Loving this sign.

bearister
bearister
Always Trumpers: The president's unbreakable wall - Axios

https://www.axios.com/always-trumpers-republicans-axios-on-hbo-f4a866a6-03a8-4632-b92b-47f79607ef01.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosam&stream=top

" President Trump threw face masks into a largely maskless crowd as he arrived for a rally at Florida's Orlando Sanford International Airport for his first rally in the 11 days since he announced his positive coronavirus diagnosis.

"Now they say I'm immune," Trump said in his hourlong remarks. "I feel so powerful I'll walk into that audience! I'll walk in there I'll kiss everyone in that audience. I'll kiss the guys and grab the pu@ssies of the beautiful women and the everybody. I'll just give ya a big fat kiss."
BearChemist
Change 5 to 3 then he may have a fighting chance. Man, woman, tv...

B.A. Bearacus

Quote:

"He credited the turnout to the county's contactless voter registration program, Text2Register, which was used by more than 4,700 county residents.

He also credited the University of Texas Athletics Department for public service announcements."
Unit2Sucks
Would be interesting to hear how many more registered voters that is than 2016. Approx 8.5M voted in the 2016 election in Texas, so if this represents 200k new voters, that could be a big difference maker.
bearister
tRump needs to be led to the front doors of the White House by pinched ear and then booted into the street.

BearNIt
bearister said:

tRump needs to be led to the front doors of the White House by pinched ear and then booted into the street.

Would like to see two secret service agents drag his ass to the entrance and toss him out like a bad drunk at a bar.
bearister
bearister
Proud Boys Supporter Warns 'Civil War' Could Break Out If Trump Loses Election | National | BET

https://www.bet.com/news/national/2020/10/12/proud-boys-civil-war-donald-trump-election.html

If Biden wins and the militias and Proud Boys act out, then in the words of Senator Lane in The Outlaw Josey Wales:

"They were decently treated. They were decently fed and then they were decently shot."

BearNIt
The Russians are up to no good.:

Twitter has suspended fake accounts that claimed to be Black Trump supporters for violating its policies against platform manipulation and spam, the WP reported Tuesday and the company confirmed to Business Insider. The accounts generated more than 265,000 retweets and mentions before Twitter could take action, and that "the damage is done."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/twitter-suspended-fake-accounts-claiming-to-be-black-trump-supporters-%e2%80%94-but-only-after-they-reportedly-racked-up-265000-retweets/ar-BB1a0ew8
bearister
How the White House will be won: The 8 states that will decide the election - POLITICO

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/14/swing-states-2020-presidential-election-429160
sycasey
Breaking News: Trump supports Puerto Rican statehood.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election/trump-puerto-rico-vote-florida-vote-rally-president-b1003476.html
blungld
BearNIt said:

The Russians are up to no good.:

Twitter has suspended fake accounts that claimed to be Black Trump supporters for violating its policies against platform manipulation and spam, the WP reported Tuesday and the company confirmed to Business Insider. The accounts generated more than 265,000 retweets and mentions before Twitter could take action, and that "the damage is done."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/twitter-suspended-fake-accounts-claiming-to-be-black-trump-supporters-%e2%80%94-but-only-after-they-reportedly-racked-up-265000-retweets/ar-BB1a0ew8

Twitter and Facebook need to do better. Need to stop this stuff immediately and then send a notice to each person who received saying you are being targeted by Russian propaganda attempting to reelect Trump. Be real with everyone.
BearNIt
sycasey said:

Breaking News: Trump supports Puerto Rican statehood.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election/trump-puerto-rico-vote-florida-vote-rally-president-b1003476.html
He is just a freakin idiot of the highest order. The number of Puerto Ricans who have come to the states after the hurricanes which devastated the island and the states that they took of resident in will have an impact in most of the battleground states.
B.A. Bearacus
Yogi38
B.A. Bearacus said:

Democratic voters are a cult
"Yogi is right" - Oaktown Bear
sycasey
Garou said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Favreau is right.
Yogi38
sycasey said:

Garou said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Favreau is right.
sycasey is wrong
"Yogi is right" - Oaktown Bear
Unit2Sucks
Mitch is getting ready to play defense after the GOP gets wiped out this November. I predict they will rediscover fiscal responsibility on November 4. Mitch will do everything he can to scorch the earth so long as he is leading the GOP.
bearister
Trump's advisers brace for loss, point fingers - Axios

https://www.axios.com/trump-advisers-brace-for-loss-02d6b688-4d15-46f8-a28c-efdf2a5640c3.html

BearChemist
oskidunker
Vote in Person.
Go Bears!
bearister
golden sloth
Unit2Sucks said:

Mitch is getting ready to play defense after the GOP gets wiped out this November. I predict they will rediscover fiscal responsibility on November 4. Mitch will do everything he can to scorch the earth so long as he is leading the GOP.

Yes, I'll accuse McConnell of many things, but being dumb is not one of them. He knows the GOP is screwed this election and the most likely outcome is that the Dems control the house, senate and presidency. Now, that he is starting to pivot, I wouldn't be surprised if he rediscovers governmental norms, oversight, accountability and transparency as well.
BearChemist
Where is GoldenOnenote when Drump needs him?

bearister
Axios-Ipsos poll: Voters of color worry about militias, arrests - Axios

https://www.axios.com/axios-ipsos-poll-race-voting-e11dea2a-8e0d-4c04-8a9d-cdf20540a3bd.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosam&stream=top
B.A. Bearacus
This is getting close to Cal vs Blue Hose territory.

bearister
He makes it into a joke': For Philly COVID-19 patients, Trump's cavalier attitude stings | National | heraldmailmedia.com

https://www.heraldmailmedia.com/news/nation/he-makes-it-into-a-joke-for-philly-covid-19-patients-trumps-cavalier-attitude-stings/article_63c3226c-290a-5db5-b478-af7cb6d755f2.html

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.