2020 Election - Catch-all Thread

259,379 Views | 2434 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Unit2Sucks
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is how desperate and depraved Republicans and their Fox News shills have become. How soon till we hear that Hunter was, if you put the pieces together, involved in Hillary's child sex ring? Disgusting exchange. Hope it doesn't derail Hunter's bid to become our next president.

bearister
tRump doesn't even bother to hide the concubine thing anymore.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
Typical tRump posse member and spokesperson on the Sunday Talkies.

"Miller lives near Washington, D.C. with his wife and their two daughters. He also fathered a child with A. J. Delgado during a brief extra-marital affair, born six months after his second child.

In 2018 Miller was accused of drugging his mistress with an abortifacient drug, by blending a pill into a fruit smoothie. The ensuing controversy caused him to leave his position as a political commentator on CNN.

In 2019 Miller admitted in court that he had a history of visiting prostitutes and patronizing "Asian-themed" massage parlors." Wikipedia
GoOskie
B.A. Bearacus said:

This is how desperate and depraved Republicans and their Fox News shills have become. How soon till we hear that Hunter was, if you put the pieces together, involved in Hillary's child sex ring? Disgusting exchange. Hope it doesn't derail Hunter's bid to become our next president.

I hope these b@stards get sued for defamation.
This just in: Republicans find another whistleblower who claims Hillary's emails were proven to be on Hunter's laptop while Obama spied on tRump as he sat (shat?) upon his golden toilet. Gym Jordan afraid whistle blower may be in danger of abduction by aliens in cahoots with Democrats.
Unit2Sucks
bearister said:

"Miller lives near Washington, D.C. with his wife and their two daughters. He also fathered a child with A. J. Delgado during a brief extra-marital affair, born six months after his second child.

In 2018 Miller was accused of drugging his mistress with an abortifacient drug, by blending a pill into a fruit smoothie. The ensuing controversy caused him to leave his position as a political commentator on CNN.

In 2019 Miller admitted in court that he had a history of visiting prostitutes and patronizing "Asian-themed" massage parlors." Wikipedia
Yes, but other than all of those things and his support for the worst president in history, I'm sure he is a great guy.

I hadn't heard that he tried to force a chemical abortion on his mistress (who was also a Trump staffer) but it sounds like Republican know how that must come in handy while they pretend to be pro life.

bearister
Sunday prediction: tRump won't be feeling well enough to debate Thursday and will pull out. His predictable play will be to come up with some new demands he knows will never be agreed to and declare that the basis of the no show. He has kind have been laying pipe for this already.
bearister
Jake Tapper Abruptly Ends Lara Trump Interview

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-jake-tapper-abruptly-ends-lara-trump-interview-after-tense-exchange-on-bidens-stutter-mental-fitness/

If that is the look of Lara's surgically altered face at age 38, you have to figure 50 is going to look something like this:

BearNIt
bearister said:

Sounds about right, Pro-life except in the case of a mistress and an unborn love child. I'm sure his devout faith gave him comfort and guided him towards prostitutes and Asian themed massage parlors as he sought a happy ending..
bearister
bearister
Rolling Stone Endorses Joe Biden for President - Rolling Stone

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/joe-biden-president-endorsement-1074513/

We take all kinds of pills that give us all kind of thrills
But the thrill we've never known
Is the thrill that'll gitcha when you get your picture
On the cover of the Rollin' Stone
-Dr. Hook

BearChemist
B.A. Bearacus

Unit2Sucks
B.A. Bearacus said:

Textbook conservative judicial activists legislating fro the bench. The 4 conservative justices would dictate how state judges interpret their state's constitution. Whatever happened to state's rights?

This just lays bare how bankrupt the notion that conservative judges are any less political animals than liberal judges are accused of being.
bearister
B.A., my wife is on on Twitter, I am not. She sends me stuff she likes and I post it here. Half the time you have already posted the item she sent me. Great minds think alike (yours and hers).
B.A. Bearacus
bearister said:

B.A., my wife is on on Twitter, I am not. She sends me stuff she likes and I post it here. Half the time you have already posted the item she sent me. Great minds think alike (yours and hers).
Bearister, given how many tweets you share it's a bit shocking that you don't use Twitter! No need to reveal your tradecraft (I do know you fancy Reddit and the British press).

I dig how you and your wife click. Humor has to play a big role there. Keep her laughing, my friend.
bearister
Reddit banned me from so many communities that I removed the app. Gees, those gun, knife and pit bull aficionados totally lack senses of humor. I was just goofing them. In other news...

"For example, 67% of non-college-educated white people voted for Trump in 2016. In all six swing states, this demographic is overrepresented by at least six percentage points more than the national average."

Electoral college explained: how Biden faces an uphill battle in the US election

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2020/oct/20/us-electoral-college-explained?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Unit2Sucks
https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/San-Francisco-yellow-tier-new-businesses-opening-15661944.php

Quote:

San Francisco has done an excellent job following public health guidance and made a huge leap from the orange tier to the less restrictive yellow tier Tuesday, providing a pathway for more businesses and activities to reopen.

S.F. is the only Bay Area county and only urban area in the yellow tier.

Mayor London Breed announced that with the new yellow status the city will move forward with reopening offices at 25% capacity starting Oct. 27, as well as reopening climbing gyms and some new personal services.

"As long as our Key Public Health Indicators remain stable or improve, we expect that starting November 3, we can expand capacity at businesses and activities that have already reopened, like indoor dining, indoor worship, and museums up to 50%," Breed said via Twitter.

"Making sure our young people can get back into the classroom and get the education and support they need is a top priority. As of today, we've approved 56 schools in SF to reopen, and we're on track to approve some high schools to reopen in November."
Can't wait until all those anti public health conservatives show up to tell us that Democrats will stop talking about COVID come election day. I mean, after all, London Breed is making it so obvious.
bearister
Poll: GOP has a big young voter problem - Axios

https://www.axios.com/surveymonkey-poll-young-voters-00c52a12-a632-4801-a81f-528467310f7c.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosam&stream=top

bearister

B.A. Bearacus
Dang.

dajo9
Tennessee and Indiana are the largest safe red states in Presidential voting (11 electoral college votes). That isn't going to get it done.

Democrats have 7 safe states of equal or bigger size in electoral college votes. There are also 8 competitive states of equal or bigger size. 3 are battleground rust belt states (Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Michigan). There is also Florida. And 4 are trending Democratic.
Texas
Arizona
Georgia
North Carolina

2024 will be even worse for Republicans than 2020.
Unit2Sucks
dajo9 said:

Tennessee and Indiana are the largest safe red states in Presidential voting (11 electoral college votes). That isn't going to get it done.

Democrats have 7 safe states of equal or bigger size in electoral college votes. There are also 8 competitive states of equal or bigger size. 3 are battleground rust belt states (Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Michigan). There is also Florida. And 4 are trending Democratic.
Texas
Arizona
Georgia
North Carolina

I somewhat disagree. The democratic party has obviously leaned right to compete with the republican party over the last few decades and I think you are about to see the opposite. Republicans will get rolled if they continue with their anti-American culture war. It's obviously only working for a very small portion of the population. I would expect the republican party in 2024 to be much less extremist, less xenophobic and far more conciliatory. It will look a lot like the moderate wing of the democratic party.
dajo9
Unit2Sucks said:

dajo9 said:

Texas
Arizona
Georgia
North Carolina

I somewhat disagree. The democratic party has obviously leaned right to compete with the republican party over the last few decades and I think you are about to see the opposite. Republicans will get rolled if they continue with their anti-American culture war. It's obviously only working for a very small portion of the population. I would expect the republican party in 2024 to be much less extremist, less xenophobic and far more conciliatory. It will look a lot like the moderate wing of the democratic party.
That would be great
Unit2Sucks
dajo9 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

dajo9 said:

Texas
Arizona
Georgia
North Carolina

That would be great
Most politicians are pragmatic, regardless of their ideology. How many tea party members did anything to stop Trump's deficit spending? They will be desperate to stay relevant in a world where it's obvious there old ideologies have no place.
OneKeg
Unit2Sucks said:

dajo9 said:

Texas
Arizona
Georgia
North Carolina

U2S, I normally agree with your posts but I think you are off here. First of all, unfortunately, I expect the 2020 race to tighten and end up being at least somewhat close for a number of reasons, both legitimate and illegitimate. I don't think most Republicans will move towards moderation after that. 2020 of all years has so many wildcard factors involved (Trump as a unique candidate, Covid-19, just overall insanity that 2020 has been) that I think Republicans, even if they lose, will chalk it up as an outlier and double down in 2022 and 2024. And it may work for them.

What do you mean by "it's obviously not working [for Republicans]"? I mean Republicans have won 3 of the last 5 Presidential elections. For a couple years just recently they controlled all 3 branches of government and still control the Presidency and the Senate. They will have a hyper-political Republican-friendly SCOTUS for the foreseeable future. I only wish Democratic plans would "obviously not work" in the same way.

You will counter with cultural and demographic shifts, and I hope you are right (you may be), but I hardly think Republicans will look at the past 20 years as a failure. Even if they lose the Presidency and the Senate (of which, neither a sure thing!), they will just write off 2020 as bad luck. They will think, with some justification, that they just need a candidate that doesn't make as many stupid mistakes as Trump does and to avoid externalities that expose their incompetence like Covid-19 has.

ps And I do think, while Republicans love to scream about the radical left (none of whom have much real power), there's a real danger of a large part of the Republican base having been radicalized into a cult that will oust most would-be Republican moderates. Even this website, for fans of a football team in California is evidence of that. Not even really a conservative cult, which would be within the norms - it's not that. It's an insane Trumpist one. That rabid minority will crawl through broken glass to vote in 2022 and 2024 and onward when we liberals largely go back to sipping our lattes, even if and after their current Dear Leader loses or passes away.
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

dajo9 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

dajo9 said:

Texas
Arizona
Georgia
North Carolina

That would be great
Most politicians are pragmatic, regardless of their ideology. How many tea party members did anything to stop Trump's deficit spending? They will be desperate to stay relevant in a world where it's obvious there old ideologies have no place.

I think this will happen at some point, but 2024 might be a little early. They have stoked the Trumpist base for a long time.
Anarchistbear
It's like 2008- overwhelming rejection of a failed administration. Of course those victors went on to lose the House, Senate and Presidency in 8 years. This year instead of Hope and Change we have Hope and Change's dottering Uncle.

If Biden goes huge on stimulus damming the deficit and not repeating Obama's timidity, and if he passes a public option then he has a shot of holding the House. If he focuses on things nobody cares about- court packing, political trials- he will lose which is why he assigned the court question to the dead letter box of a committee.

As for the Republicans I look for a smoother economic populist to emerge. They still control 30 state houses and aren't going away.
BearlyCareAnymore
Unit2Sucks said:

dajo9 said:

Texas
Arizona
Georgia
North Carolina

There is no way the Republicans moderate. Look at what they did in California. They were competitive not too long ago and they now get rolled all the time and they don't change. Their voters are their voters.

Since 1964 every time the Republicans has a decision whether to stay the course or moderate they have chosen not to moderate.
Unit2Sucks
OneKeg said:

Unit2Sucks said:

dajo9 said:

Texas
Arizona
Georgia
North Carolina

U2S, I normally agree with your posts but I think you are off here. First of all, unfortunately, I expect the 2020 race to tighten and end up being at least somewhat close for a number of reasons, both legitimate and illegitimate. I don't think most Republicans will move towards moderation after that. 2020 of all years has so many wildcard factors involved (Trump as a unique candidate, Covid-19, just overall insanity that 2020 has been) that I think Republicans, even if they lose, will chalk it up as an outlier and double down in 2022 and 2024. And it may work for them.

What do you mean by "it's obviously not working [for Republicans]"? I mean Republicans have won 3 of the last 5 Presidential elections. For a couple years just recently they controlled all 3 branches of government and still control the Presidency and the Senate. They will have a hyper-political Republican-friendly SCOTUS for the foreseeable future. I only wish Democratic plans would "obviously not work" in the same way.

You will counter with cultural and demographic shifts, and I hope you are right (you may be), but I hardly think Republicans will look at the past 20 years as a failure. Even if they lose the Presidency and the Senate (of which, neither a sure thing!), they will just write off 2020 as bad luck. They will think, with some justification, that they just need a candidate that doesn't make as many stupid mistakes as Trump does and to avoid externalities that expose their incompetence like Covid-19 has.

ps And I do think, while Republicans love to scream about the radical left (none of whom have much real power), there's a real danger of a large part of the Republican base having been radicalized into a cult that will oust most would-be Republican moderates. Even this website, for fans of a football team in California is evidence of that. Not even really a conservative cult, which would be within the norms - it's not that. It's an insane Trumpist one. That rabid minority will crawl through broken glass to vote in 2022 and 2024 and onward when we liberals largely go back to sipping our lattes, even if and after their current Dear Leader loses or passes away.
We can re-visit this in 2 weeks. The republican party is currently a coalition of a number of single or few issue voters, historical Republicans and culture warriors. It's an ungovernable party and other than a tax cut they have been unable to achieve any legislative wins. A lot of those people are uneasy with where the party is going and after they suffer a loss of the white house and senate (assuming this occurs which is a big if), I think there will be a big reckoning within the party. It's going to get nasty and I believe pragmatism will reign because most of them are fake idealogues.

I think you are reading me wrong if you think I'm saying the Republicans consider the last 20 years of rule as a minority party as a failure - it's been a huge success for them and we're paying the price as a nation.

sycasey
So much for the party of personal responsibility.

NYCGOBEARS
sycasey said:

InCon are an evolution of Incels I'd bet.
Unit2Sucks
If people think InCons are meaningful, wait til they find out how many InDems they have created over the last 4 years.
Big C
Unit2Sucks said:

If people think InCons are meaningful, wait til they find out how many InDems they have created over the last 4 years.

Yeah, the concept of "InCons" seems obviously invented by the right, because where is this liberal extremism in our government?
sycasey
NYCGOBEARS said:

sycasey said:

InCon are an evolution of Incels I'd bet.
Almost certainly.
Unit2Sucks
Turnout has been massive in early voting which is why you are seeing so many of the Trumpers freaking out lately. They are running out of ways to suppress the vote and the returns so far bode terribly for Trump. We are already at 71% of the turnout in Texas from 2016. Florida is at 50%. NC at 57%. It's going to be near impossible for election day shenanigans to work.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.