2020 Election - Catch-all Thread

114,191 Views | 2219 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by BearNIt
Cal88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
^You're right about the Mercers, they do fund Breitbart. The Kochs as well have spread and leveraged their influence, they are for instance active in shaping US foreign policy in Venezuela, whose oil they refine.
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trump is an oligarch implementing government by and for oligarchs. His cabinet is staffed full of oligarchs.

Rex Tllerson, State
Steve Mnuchin, Treasury
Wilbur Ross, Commerce
Betsy Devos, Education
Andy Puzder, Labor nominee

An old white dude
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Could there be a more character defining act for tRump and those who work for him? The hateful, ignorant part of his base, as well as the wealthy part, could care less.

Trump campaign manager wrongly tweets 2004 Daytona image



https://mol.im/a/8013603
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OdontoBear66 said:

sycasey said:

Trump just likes to play an oligarch on TV.
Is he still on TV?

Pretty much every day. What better way to get media attention than to be the President?
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
45 and 46 and 48


bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?



Squeezer City, Arizona
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I gotta be honest - I couldn't care less if Sanders is hiding something. As long as he doesn't pick someone like Sarah Palin as his VP candidate, we will be fine even if he kicks the bucket. With Trump as the alternative, it's pretty hard to get excited about something like this. This is the natural and predictable consequence of the Republicans condoning of the rejection of all norms.

Would I prefer the Democrat candidates usher in a return to normalcy - sure. But that doesn't mean that job 1 isn't still defeating Trump. Minor sins like this simply don't stack up. Wake me when Bernie is hiding corruption or actual misconduct.
Professor Bearitas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:




Squeezer City, Arizona
A CNN reporter hates Bernie? I fell right out of my chair in shock.

First of all, medical information is private for a reason.

Secondly, he has ten years of his tax returns available for download on his campaign site and a good bill of health from his doctor.

Third, if health is such an issue, then make it one with Biden and Bloomberg, who just turned Bernie's age.

And fourth and most importantly, while Klobuchar took a seat several times tonight and some breaks for a sip of water (completely reasonable, my lazy ass would have sat the whole time) in her Town Hall, Bernie stood the whole time. That guy is a ******* marvel of science to be that coherent and that mobile at his age with all the appearances and speaking events he crams into a day. I was exhausted just walking from the parking lot to his rally, walking to the end of the infinitely long line, standing in line for two hours and standing on a concrete floor for two more while at the rally in Richmond the other day and then trudging back to the parking lot. Think how frigging tired he must be with the pace he keeps. It never shows.

But his vice presidential choice if he wins the nomination is extremely important.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mike Bloomberg's war on Wall Street - Axios


https://www.axios.com/mike-bloomberg-war-wall-street-153cfc39-e1ed-4e0e-8f2f-a634bf6fb6cb.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosam&stream=top

" First of all, medical information is private for a reason."

Is it relevant if your candidate has an vastly increased chance of croaking in office? Most would answer that "yes" and the odds favor that is the conclusion Bernie's medical records support, otherwise, he couldn't produce them fast enough. If Biden and Mike hide their medical records, I will have the same problem. tRump can't find quacks anymore to lie about his medical evaluation since he is about to explode like 10 pounds of sh@it in a 5 pound bag, ergo, we won't be hearing about his health from a doctor again.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
OdontoBear66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Professor Bearitas said:

bearister said:




Squeezer City, Arizona
A CNN reporter hates Bernie? I fell right out of my chair in shock.

First of all, medical information is private for a reason.

Secondly, he has ten years of his tax returns available for download on his campaign site and a good bill of health from his doctor.

Third, if health is such an issue, then make it one with Biden and Bloomberg, who just turned Bernie's age.

And fourth and most importantly, while Klobuchar took a seat several times tonight and some breaks for a sip of water (completely reasonable, my lazy ass would have sat the whole time) in her Town Hall, Bernie stood the whole time. That guy is a ******* marvel of science to be that coherent and that mobile at his age with all the appearances and speaking events he crams into a day. I was exhausted just walking from the parking lot to his rally, walking to the end of the infinitely long line, standing in line for two hours and standing on a concrete floor for two more while at the rally in Richmond the other day and then trudging back to the parking lot. Think how frigging tired he must be with the pace he keeps. It never shows.

But his vice presidential choice if he wins the nomination is extremely important.
How about Bloomie's VP choice for the same reason of age, but also the names being floated. The Hill and Michelle. Watch your back Bloomberg.
golden sloth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://reut.rs/2HAJxOS

I'm on my mobile so I cant really copy paste as easily as I'd like, but it seems initial data suggests urban centers are more energized to vote than rural areas per the link above. Could mean good things in Wisconsin Michigan and Pennsylvania, though I'd throw in the caveat that rural areas are typically underrepresented in polls.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OdontoBear66 said:

...How about Bloomie's VP choice for the same reason of age, but also the names being floated. The Hill and Michelle. Watch your back Bloomberg.


The only ones floating names like that are Drudge and other tRump surrogates. tRump is scared to death of Bloomberg even though the Bernie Bros want to believe it is their guy tRump fears.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearlyamazing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bloomberg's pushing for Biden, Klobuchar and Buttigieg to drop out so he has a chance against Bernie.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/483664-bloomberg-campaign-warns-of-insurmountable-sanders-lead-if-moderates-split
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearlyamazing said:

Bloomberg's pushing for Biden, Klobuchar and Buttigieg to drop out so he has a chance against Bernie.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/483664-bloomberg-campaign-warns-of-insurmountable-sanders-lead-if-moderates-split

Ha!

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/02/michael-bloomberg-2020-democratic-campaign.html





OdontoBear66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

OdontoBear66 said:

...How about Bloomie's VP choice for the same reason of age, but also the names being floated. The Hill and Michelle. Watch your back Bloomberg.


The only ones floating names like that are Drudge and other tRump surrogates. tRump is scared to death of Bloomberg even though the Bernie Bros want to believe it is their guy tRump fears.
Think you are spot on here barrister. Pretty simple: candidate on the other side closest to the center. Why wouldn't Trump fear that? A contest.
GBear4Life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?

bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I wonder if Bernie and tRump will use Putin endorsement in their ads? I don't see why not. Doesn't Putin have our best interests at heart?

What is the reaction of Bernie supporters to this?
1. Fake News driven by moderate Dems;
2. Fake News driven by tRump because he is so afraid of Bernie;
3. True, but good news;
4. True and bad news.

Inquiring minds need to know.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
@KyleGriffin1:
Sanders: "Unlike Donald Trump, I do not consider Vladimir Putin a good friend ... The Russians want to undermine American democracy by dividing us up and, unlike the current president, I stand firmly against their efforts, and any other foreign power that wants to interfere."
chazzed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A different view (plus it's not possible to be softer on Russia than the Cheeto):
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/feb/20/bernie-sanders-russia-putin-kremlin
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you are going to be a billionaire, you might as well fun with your money:

Marc Caputo on Twitter: "Bloomberg's massive Vegas Strip ad campaign is impossible to miss https://t.co/WZMub4bBfg" / Twitter






Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
B.A. Bearacus said:

@KyleGriffin1:
Sanders: "Unlike Donald Trump, I do not consider Vladimir Putin a good friend ... The Russians want to undermine American democracy by dividing us up and, unlike the current president, I stand firmly against their efforts, and any other foreign power that wants to interfere."


Fine, Bernie doesn't approve of the support, but it doesn't address why the Russians back him and whether that is a good or bad thing. At least we know Bernie thinks it's bad because it means the Russians are good with either of them being POTUS.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Despite the fact that I feel he is unelectable, I do genuinely appreciate that his ads have collateral benefit for all Democratic nominees.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
B.A. Bearacus said:

Despite the fact that I feel he is unelectable, I do genuinely appreciate that his ads have collateral benefit for all Democratic nominees.


At least Mikey can claim he lacks Russian endorsement. He should promote that as a slogan.



Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:


Fine, Bernie doesn't approve of the support, but it doesn't address why the Russians back him.

His nomination would be the most divisive and create the deepest rifts in America, which is basically masturbation material for Putin.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
B.A. Bearacus said:

bearister said:


Fine, Bernie doesn't approve of the support, but it doesn't address why the Russians back him.

His nomination would be the most divisive and create the deepest rifts in America, which is basically masturbation material for Putin.


...but Russians don't back anyone that they are not willing to have as POTUS. When you look up the word divisive in the dictionary there is a picture of Hillary there.....yet Putin did everything he could to make gosh damn sure she didn't win and that sh@it for brains did.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:


...but Russians don't back anyone that they are not willing to have as POTUS. When you look up the word divisive in the dictionary there is a picture of Hillary there.....yet Putin did everything he could to make gosh damn sure she didn't win and that sh@it for brains did.
But what if Putin believes that Bernie has little to no chance against his comrade T and therefore offers the most bang for the ruble in a Democratic nominee?
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
B.A. Bearacus said:

bearister said:


...but Russians don't back anyone that they are not willing to have as POTUS. When you look up the word divisive in the dictionary there is a picture of Hillary there.....yet Putin did everything he could to make gosh damn sure she didn't win and that sh@it for brains did.
But what if Putin believes that Bernie has little to no chance against his comrade T and therefore offers the most bang for the ruble in a Democratic nominee?


Well, Putin is pretty street smart, so that is a darn good theory. I think you just put a wasp's nest in the undies of some of our BI brethren with that, however.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is weak. Bernie has stated explicitly stated that he doesn't want any help of this kind so why plant seeds in peoples' minds of the opposite?
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

bearister said:


...but Russians don't back anyone that they are not willing to have as POTUS. When you look up the word divisive in the dictionary there is a picture of Hillary there.....yet Putin did everything he could to make gosh damn sure she didn't win and that sh@it for brains did.
But what if Putin believes that Bernie has little to no chance against his comrade T and therefore offers the most bang for the ruble in a Democratic nominee?


Well, Putin is pretty street smart, so that is a darn good theory. I think you just put a wasp's nest in the undies of some of our BI brethren with that, however.


That Putin believes it doesn't necessarily make him right. I could believe he believes it, though.
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Something similar happened to Planter's Peanuts accounts after the Super Bowl.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A Quick Quiz to Match You With a Democratic Candidate - The New York Times


https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/01/30/us/politics/democratic-presidential-candidates-quiz.html
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Professor Bearitas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

https://media2.giphy.com/media/VDe01vOW4i0ZM9hF7X/giphy.gif
Bearister, question as one of your biggest fans. If you were 100% certain Sanders would defeat Trump in the general, would you vote for him in the primary?
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Professor Bearitas said:

Bearister, question as one of your biggest fans. If you were 100% certain Sanders would defeat Trump in the general, would you vote for him in the primary?

I will respond by pivoting:
I was in SF today picking up my daughter. I got caught in Matrix 4 filming street closures (Pine Street was closed). I saw several green Army vehicles and several burned out cars. No Neo, however.



*I prefer Bernie to tRump. I think we can recover from a Bernie presidency but not so sure we can claw our way back from tRumpus Redux. The damage that fat orange f@uck will do to the environment and the SCOTUS with another 4 years in the Oval is a horrifying prospect. This still doesn't answer your question but my feeling is Bernie looks like he is going to get the nomination and win California in the General whether I vote for him or not. The people facing the real moral dilemma are those in the handful of key Electoral College states that hate Bernie and tRump equally.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.