2020 Election - Catch-all Thread

259,442 Views | 2434 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Unit2Sucks
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
Honest question: Has T driven a car (not a cart or truck in park) in the past 25 years? I highly doubt it. It is what it is, but I think most Americans like presidents who know is how to drive a car.

bearister
The Biden Campaign also released this video Joe driving in SF:

Anarchistbear
The President of Vice

Unit2Sucks
Trump is toast. The only question is how much grift and long-term damage he can achieve on his way out.

B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
We got all Democrats, most Independents, sane Republicans, and the cast of The Princess Bride. You got Ted Cruz, the KKK, Kid Rock, and angry Bernie Supporters who can't get over it.

bearister
Ted Cruz is a poor excuse for a man. tRump was instrumental in spreading the false story of Cruz' dad's involvement in the JFK assassination and tRump insulted Cruz' wife...and that chinless ba$tard not only took it like the little b@itch that he is, but for good measure, he licked the bottom of tRump's platform shoes as well.

bearister
"Joseph R. Biden Jr., was relatively broke when he emerged as the presumptive Democratic nominee this spring, and Mr. Trump and the Republican National Committee had a nearly $200 million cash advantage...

Five months later, Mr. Trump's financial supremacy has evaporated. Of the $1.1 billon his campaign and the party raised from the beginning of 2019 through July, more than $800 million has already been spent. Now some people inside the campaign are forecasting what was once unthinkable: a cash crunch with less than 60 days until the election, according to Republican officials briefed on the matter....

Under Mr. Parscale, more than $350 million almost half of the $800 million spent went to fund-raising operations, as no expense was spared in finding new donors online. The campaign assembled a big and well-paid staff and housed the team at a cavernous, well-appointed office in the Virginia suburbs; outsize legal bills were treated as campaign costs; and more than $100 million was spent on a television advertising blitz before the party convention, the point when most of the electorate historically begins to pay close attention to the race.

Among the splashiest and perhaps most questionable purchase was for Super Bowl ads that cost $11 million more than the campaign has spent on TV in some top battleground states a vanity splurge that allowed Mr. Trump to match the billionaire Michael R. Bloomberg's buy for the big game....

... Critics of the campaign's management say the lavish spending was ineffective: Mr. Trump enters the fall trailing in most national and battleground state polls, and Mr. Biden has surpassed him as a fund-raising powerhouse, after posting a record-setting haul of nearly $365 million in August. The Trump campaign has not revealed its August fund-raising figure...

.... "If you spend $800 million and you're 10 points behind, I think you've got to answer the question 'What was the game plan?'" said Ed Rollins, a veteran Republican strategist who runs a small pro-Trump super PAC, and who accused Mr. Parscale of spending "like a drunken sailor."....

.... One of the reasons Mr. Biden was able to wipe away Mr. Trump's early cash edge was that he sharply contained costs with a minimalistic campaign during the worst months of the pandemic. Trump officials derisively dismissed it as his "basement" strategy, but from that basement Mr. Biden fully embraced Zoom fund-raisers, with top donors asked to give as much as $720,000...."

How Trump's Billion-Dollar Campaign Lost Its Cash Advantage

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/07/us/politics/trump-election-campaign-fundraising.html

*It makes one wonder how many millions the tRump Crime Family has siphoned off.
Big C

The Trump campaign HAD to spend a bundle early in the year, in order to make it through the primaries. Duh.
Unit2Sucks
Trump's campaign spend $800M in the last year and a half to end up down 10 points to Biden (plus tens of millions of new wealth for Parscale). How many points down would he be if his campaign hadn't squandered that money? The one thing Trump's campaign did well in 2016 (besides Russia), was efficiently spend money on FB ads (with help from the bad actor Cambridge Analytica). Without CA's wrongful help, it's no wonder his campaign is struggling. Things are looking worse and worse for 45.
Unit2Sucks
Good for democracy.

AunBear89
And Yogibot post disparaging the source and/or "yeahbut Biden did this..." in 5...4...3...
Yogi37
AunBear89 said:

And Yogi The Great post disparaging the source and/or "yeahbut Biden did this..." in 5...4...3...

Man, you really are obsessed with me. LOL. They need to ban you on this site just so you can concentrate on grading those papers. You're letting those children down.
BearNIt
As I had said before Captain Catastrophe's treatment of Puerto Rico in 2017 could come back to bite him in the ass.

Puerto Rico Gov. Wanda Vzquez Garced tweeted Friday morning that Federal Emergency Management Agency administrator Pete Gaynor told her that $13 billion has been approved. She thanked the White House and President Donald Trump. An administration official confirmed the announcement.

In the three years since the storm made landfall, the rebuilding process has been slow and costly. In November 2018, White House officials told congressional leaders and appropriators that the President didn't want relief sent to the island.

The government's $13 billion investment will directly address electrical and educational systems, Garced said.
Trump's handling of the 2017 storm, which devastated the island and killed nearly 3,000 people in its aftermath, has been widely criticized by locals and experts. Trump has consistently denied any fault for his administration, and has instead sought praise for his handling of Hurricane Maria, at one point calling it "an incredible, unsung success."

The move is likely an attempt to appeal to Puerto Rican voters who moved to the battleground state of Florida after the hurricane struck the US territory.

For the full story: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/trump-administration-to-announce-13-billion-in-additional-aid-to-puerto-rico/ar-BB19bgsT

Unit2Sucks
This is totally legal and totally cool.

bearister
Trump Campaign Is Reportedly Plotting to "Bypass" a Biden Win | Vanity Fair

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/09/trump-campaign-election-coup-bypass-biden-win
Yogi38
bearister said:

Trump Campaign Is Reportedly Plotting to "Bypass" a Biden Win | Vanity Fair
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/09/trump-campaign-election-coup-bypass-biden-win
I hope they do it. Kill off the Electoral College that much faster.
bearister
" the Trump campaign has been discussing "contingency plans to bypass the election results and appoint local electors in battleground states where Republicans hold the legislative majority." Citing the president's baseless claims of fraud, Team Trump could ask GOP-controlled state governments to choose electors, completely ignoring an unfavorable or uncertain popular vote, state and national Republican sources told Gellman.

"The state legislatures will say, 'All right, we've been given this constitutional power,'" a Trump campaign legal adviser explained to the Atlantic. "'We don't think the results of our own state are accurate, so here's our slate of electors that we think properly reflect the results of our state.'"

Vanity Fair

After tRump rigs the election, he will handle civil unrest by waging war against America and shooting citizens dead in the street like during the summer of 1967.

bearister
I think it is just as possible that tRump becomes a dictator, but I like the thinking in this article:

Only Joe Biden can win the election in a popular and electoral vote landslide - Axios

https://www.axios.com/joe-biden-landslide-victory-trump-e593f5e2-04dc-45ff-b5db-00c904ed08a1.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosam&stream=top
bearister
bearister
Michael Cohen makes the same argument in his book.

Unit2Sucks
Maybe there is something to this whole personal responsibility thing.

bearister

B.A. Bearacus

bearister
" To Trump and his core enablers and supporters, the laws of Trump Nation authorize him to do whatever he wants. Anti-Trump Nation's laws constrain him, but they're illegitimate because they are made and enforced by the people who reject him....

...It follows that if he loses the election, Trump will not accept the result because it would be the product of Anti-Trump Nation, and Trump isn't the president of people who would vote against him. As he recently claimed, "The only way we're going to lose this election is if the election is rigged."

Amid talk of civil war, America is already split Trump Nation has seceded

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/sep/27/donald-trump-american-civil-war-joe-biden-republicans-democrats-robert-reich?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
B.A. Bearacus

Quote:

Former Montana governor and Republican National Committee Chair Marc Racicot on Tuesday said he would not vote for President Donald Trump, citing Trump's character as fault enough to vote for Democrat challenger Joe Biden on Nov. 3.

Racicot, 72, shared the revelation in an interview with Brian Kahn, host of Home Ground, broadcast Tuesday evening on Yellowstone Public Radio. He offered up no specific praise for former Vice President Biden, but spoke of qualities such as patience, decency and openness to contrary opinion, qualities Racicot suggested are absent in the Trump administration, as the reason for voting against the Republican president.

"I regret that I will cause consternation perhaps in some corners, but even as a Republican, I will not be supporting Donald Trump for president, and I will not be voting for him," Racicot said. "That means I will be voting for Joe Biden for president. I'm not going to march lockstep with him every step of the way or with the administration. I'll have disagreements, I'm certain. But the content of a man's character or a woman's character to serve in that capacity is more important than any other issue that I have to consider as a matter of conscience."
bearister
" Wisconsin's rolling seven-day average of new cases hit a record 2,255 Tuesday, triple the rate a month ago, according to state data. The one-week average positivity rate -- the percentage of tests that come back positive for the first time -- reached a staggering 17%, another high. And coronavirus hospitalizations rose statewide, with 98 people hospitalized with the disease in northeastern Wisconsin, where Green Bay is. That's about five times as many as a month ago."

Covid-19 Pounds Wisconsin Ahead of Trump's Green Bay Rally

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-30/covid-19-pounds-wisconsin-ahead-of-trump-s-green-bay-rally
bearister

As an alternative, why doesn't Pompeo seek an audience with the Falwells, you never know, he might get lucky and Jerry Jr. will watch.

okaydo

okaydo

B.A. Bearacus
Paraphrasing Jon Decker: Where the **** is the river?

B.A. Bearacus

oskidunker
How can you be-on oxygen and have a fever but recovering in only three days?
Go Bears!
B.A. Bearacus

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.