2020 Election - Catch-all Thread

259,401 Views | 2434 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Unit2Sucks
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NYCGOBEARS said:

Based on the picture, the blue states are barely a win for Biden. Hardly tsunami level. We need to do more.
American Vermin
dajo9
Matthew Patel said:

Presidential elections need some federal oversight by the FEC, in my opinon. States can run their congressional and senate elections however they want and they'll be answerable to their own citizens, but the feds should have some role in making sure that states aren't disenfranchising some of their voters and that they have sufficient staff and infrastructure to record ballots.

McConnell has broken the FEC. It can't even reach quorum.

The Civil Rights Act offered some Federal protection but Republican appointees to the Supreme Court broke that as well.

Poorly functioning elections are part of the Republican game plan.
American Vermin
smh
bearister said:

Biden's 2020 rivals line up to pitch his economic recovery plan - Axios
Quote:

Quote:

"Love The One You're With"
If you're down and confused
And you don't remember who you're talking to
Concentration slip away
Because your baby is so far away

Well there's a rose in a fisted glove
And the eagle flies with the dove
And if you can't be with the one you love, honey
Love the one you're with

Don't be angry - don't be sad
Don't sit crying over good times you've had
There's a girl right next to you
And she's just waiting for something to do

And if you can't be with the one you love honey
Love the one you're with

Turn your heartache right into joy
'Cause she's a girl and you're a boy
Get it together come on make it nice
You ain't gonna need any more advice

Love the one you're with
tubey link, brother from a different mother..
https://bit.ly/2WoNX3a
muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
okaydo

bearister
smh said:

bearister said:

Biden's 2020 rivals line up to pitch his economic recovery plan - Axios
Quote:

Quote:

"Love The One You're With"
If you're down and confused
And you don't remember who you're talking to
Concentration slip away
Because your baby is so far away

Love the one you're with

Don't be angry - don't be sad
Don't sit crying over good times you've had
There's a girl right next to you
And she's just waiting for something to do

And if you can't be with the one you love honey
Love the one you're with

Turn your heartache right into joy
'Cause she's a girl and you're a boy
Get it together come on make it nice
You ain't gonna need any more advice

Love the one you're with
tubey link, a brother from a different mother..
https://bit.ly/2WoNX3a

His best album. Not debatable:*

The 2nd Manassas album, Down the Road, is like Caddyshack II. Absolute garbage.

*Manassas, featuring Chris Hillman of the Byrds and Flying Burrito Brothers (he played at Altamont with FBB)
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Krugman Is A Moron
dajo9 said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

Based on the picture, the blue states are barely a win for Biden. Hardly tsunami level. We need to do more.
That's because nobody actually wants Biden to be president. Nobody actually trusts Joe Biden to do a good job.
calpoly
Matthew Patel said:

dajo9 said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

That's because nobody actually wants Biden to be president. Nobody actually trusts Joe Biden to do a good job.
Project much?
AunBear89
AND

Hyperbole much?
smh
Delicious eye-catching candy Lincoln Project.. FMK

More bang for the buck donor worthy, besides throwing minor scratch at CodeBlue fundraising?
signed, Go Bernie, and Warren, and Biden # diversification rocks
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lincoln_Project
https://lincolnproject.us/donate/

Quote:

The survival of our nation in the face of the crimes, corruption and corrosive nature of Donald Trump #45 are a higher calling than mere politics.

As Americans, we must stem the damage he and his followers are doing to the rule of law, the Constitution and the American character.

Tens of thousands of patriots and partners like you are contributing to help us hold them accountable.
Will you?
golden sloth
Matthew Patel said:

dajo9 said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

I trust Biden to do a better job than Trump, and that is good enough for me, as that is the choice I have.
Anarchistbear
Biden's favorability ratings aren't too different than Trump's- example 26% very favorable with all voters, 21%, 18-29 year olds. Why he will win, however, is that he is favorable with older voters ( who unlike the youngers will vote; and more importantly Trump's very unfavorable ratings are through the roof while Biden's are not. So, he wins by not being Trump
smh
> His best album. Not debatable
ohkay. the problem here is a failure to communicate we never got a replacement after trusty turntable broke. so hundreds of LPs collect dust, yea onto decades, stuck in the box.
sycasey
I trust Biden to be a competent President. More to the point, I trust him to hire competent advisors and administrators to help him run the country.
Krugman Is A Moron
sycasey said:

I trust Biden to be a competent President. More to the point, I trust him to hire competent advisors and administrators to help him run the country.
The same competent advisors and administrators who created the conditions from 2009-2015 than precipitated the American people deciding they preferred a reality show con-man as their president rather than the former Secretary of State and senator from New York?

Those people are going to continue the decline of the country that happened in the Obama administration. They are going to make sure that Wall Street is the focus instead of Main Street. Those are the people who decided that black lives didn't matter when it was Trayvon Martin's life. And those are the people who passed the crime bill, tried to cut Social Security, passed health care reform that made health care prohibitively expensive, continued the war in Iraq and Afghanistan despite running on an anti-war platform, put Clarence Thomas on the Supreme Court, and last, but not least, jumped ship on #MeToo when it was Joe Biden who tried to rape someone.

And you trust Biden to be a competent President and hire competent advisors and administrators?

What you are saying is that you liked your life from 2009-2015 and all those people whose lives were destroyed by politicians during that time can go pound sand because you liked that life. You don't want anything better for your fellow man, so long as you get yours.
sycasey
Matthew Patel said:

sycasey said:

The same competent advisors and administrators who created the conditions from 2009-2015 than precipitated the American people deciding they preferred a reality show con-man as their president rather than the former Secretary of State and senator from New York?

Those people are going to continue the decline of the country that happened in the Obama administration. They are going to make sure that Wall Street is the focus instead of Main Street. Those are the people who decided that black lives didn't matter when it was Trayvon Martin's life. And those are the people who passed the crime bill, tried to cut Social Security, passed health care reform that made health care prohibitively expensive, continued the war in Iraq and Afghanistan despite running on an anti-war platform, put Clarence Thomas on the Supreme Court, and last, but not least, jumped ship on #MeToo when it was Joe Biden who tried to rape someone.

And you trust Biden to be a competent President and hire competent advisors and administrators?

What you are saying is that you liked your life from 2009-2015 and all those people whose lives were destroyed by politicians during that time can go pound sand because you liked that life. You don't want anything better for your fellow man, so long as you get yours.
I think the country was run competently from 2009-2015, yes. That doesn't mean everything was perfect. You are not going to find a time in history when that is the case.
Krugman Is A Moron
sycasey said:

Matthew Patel said:

sycasey said:

I think the country was run competently from 2009-2015, yes. That doesn't mean everything was perfect. You are not going to find a time in history when that is the case.
If you want to say they did a competent job of continuing those wars, allowing subprime lenders to not be prosecuted for their white collar crimes, giving our money away to banks and investment houses, then yes, they were very competent at that. Because someone like you who claims to care about the victims and grift that occurred during that time is OK with it.
sycasey
Matthew Patel said:

sycasey said:

Matthew Patel said:

sycasey said:

If you want to say they did a competent job of continuing those wars, allowing subprime lenders to not be prosecuted for their white collar crimes, giving our money away to banks and investment houses, then yes, they were very competent at that. Because someone like you who claims to care about the victims and grift that occurred during that time is OK with it.
I am not okay with that. I fully agree that those were problems and should have been handled differently.
Anarchistbear
Biden is like the QB who can't run, can't pass and doesn't remember the plays. He's a "game manager."
dajo9
Matthew Patel said:

sycasey said:

The American people voted for Hillary, not the reality TV star.
American Vermin
82gradDLSdad
Anarchistbear said:

Biden is like the QB who can't run, can't pass and doesn't remember the plays. He's a "game manager."

"You can win a Super Bowl with a game manager"

- Trent Dilfer
Krugman Is A Moron
dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

sycasey said:

The popular vote doesn't elect the President
bearister
dajo9
Matthew Patel said:

dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

sycasey said:

Fine. Then don't say the American people decided they preferred the reality show guy if the American people aren't the ones who chose him.
American Vermin
bearister
Elizabeth Warren's hand shapes Joe Biden's policies - Axios

https://www.axios.com/warren-biden-influence-policies-76513650-bf21-4f32-8ca5-68802b35ebe9.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosam&stream=top
smh
bearister said:

Elizabeth Warren's hand shapes Joe Biden's policies - Axios
https://www.axios.com/warren-biden-influence-policies-76513650-bf21-4f32-8ca5-68802b35ebe9.html
thanks. good to hear the senator is useful to (fingers crossed) the next president
Quote:

Between the lines: People familiar with Warren's engagement told Axios they generally don't read it as a strategy to secure a spot on the ticket so much as a reflection of her keen interest in policy and defeating President Trump.

• She's earned a name for herself as a policy wonk who loves "nerding out," and "I've got a plan for that!" was a signature line of her campaign.
  • Warren and Biden have been holding regular policy discussions since she dropped out in early March.
  • While Biden and Warren mostly work together behind the scenes, they've appeared together in joint op-eds, outlining policy proposals for addressing government corruption and providing more oversight.
  • Warren's progressive brand has rubbed off Biden rhetorically as well as substantively. "We must reward work as much as we rewarded wealth," Biden he said in a speech last week in Pennsylvania.

Krugman Is A Moron
dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

sycasey said:

The people did pick him. The people voted in the states, the states sent their electors, and the state's electors declared the victor. The popular vote means fsck all.

Fine. Then don't say the American people decided they preferred the reality show guy if the American people aren't the ones who chose him.
The people in the states vote for the president. The states name their electors. The electors choose the president.

The people in the states voted for the reality star, not Hillary. That a bunch of people in blue states voted for Hillary is irrelevant.

Again, you expose your fifth grade understanding of politics.
bearister
Donald Trump has unified America against him

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/19/donald-trump-presidential-election-joe-biden-coronavirus-pandemic?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

" Even many former Trump voters are appalled by Trump's racism, as well as his overall moral squalor. According to a recent New York Times/Sienna College poll, more than 80% of people who voted for Trump in 2016 but won't back him again in 2020 think he "doesn't behave the way a president ought to act" a view shared by 75% of registered voters across battleground states which will make all the difference in November."

" Trump's politicization of the justice department, attacks on the rule of law, requests to other nations to help dig up dirt on his political opponents, and evident love of dictators especially Vladimir Putin have played badly even among diehard conservatives."

" In a poll released last week, 62% said Trump was "hurting rather than helping" efforts to combat Covid-19. Fully 78% of those who supported him in 2016 but won't vote for him again disapprove of his handling of the pandemic. Voters in swing states like Texas, Florida and Arizona now feeling the brunt of the virus are telling pollsters they won't vote for Trump."

" There are still more than 100 days until election day, and many things could derail the emerging anti-Trump coalition: impediments to voting during the pandemic, foreign hacking into election machines, Republican efforts to suppress votes, quirks of the electoral college, Trumpian dirty tricks and his likely challenge to any electoral loss."
dajo9
Matthew Patel said:

dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

sycasey said:

The people did pick him. The people voted in the states, the states sent their electors, and the state's electors declared the victor. The popular vote means fsck all.

The people in the states vote for the president. The states name their electors. The electors choose the president.

The people in the states voted for the reality star, not Hillary. That a bunch of people in blue states voted for Hillary is irrelevant.

Right. So don't say the American people chose Trump. They didn't.
American Vermin
BearNIt
Captain Catastrophe's interview with Chris Wallace on Fox shows just how bat shyte crazy he is.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/i-dont-think-im-fake-news-fox-news-chris-wallace-and-trump-spar-over-misleading-claims-about-us-coronavirus-death-rates/ar-BB16VQPM?li=BBnb7Kz

bearister
Watching interview now. Somebody please make an argument supporting the position that it won't mark the end of the Republic if tRump "wins" the election.* If you view the interview itself as a cognitive test, tRump is getting shut out.

*I still maintain that Jay Leno's bit from years ago where he would ask normal people walking down the street simple questions and they couldn't answer them foreshadowed the day when the nation would elect a fellow moron as POTUS.

During the interview tRump talks about people like Comey involved in the "Russian Hoax" that should be in prison for 50 years. tRump keeps forgetting that until he becomes dictator (a possibility), that only a jury can send his political enemies to jail and that no jury will ever convict a tRump enemy.
smh
bearister said:

*I still maintain that Jay Leno's bit from years ago where he would ask normal people walking down the street simple questions and they couldn't answer them foreshadowed the day when the nation would elect a fellow moron as POTUS.
there's an idea *out* there somewhere, presently on hiatus for whatever reason..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_on_the_Street
https://www.trutv.com/shows/billy-on-the-street

rusky knockoff coin-tinues?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begushchy_Kosar
Quote:

Begushchy Kosar (Russian: , lit. The Running Thousand) is the rapid suddenly intellect quiz where random passers-by can earn 1 000 rubles in seconds answering a question right which the host Alexey Zhirov asks them. It's airing from Monday to Thursday tonight on Che channel
It is the Russian version of Billy Eichner's Billy on the Street.
82gradDLSdad
bearister said:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/19/donald-trump-presidential-election-joe-biden-coronavirus-pandemic?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

" Even many former Trump voters are appalled by Trump's racism, as well as his overall moral squalor. According to a recent New York Times/Sienna College poll, more than 80% of people who voted for Trump in 2016 but won't back him again in 2020 think he "doesn't behave the way a president ought to act" a view shared by 75% of registered voters across battleground states which will make all the difference in November."

" Trump's politicization of the justice department, attacks on the rule of law, requests to other nations to help dig up dirt on his political opponents, and evident love of dictators especially Vladimir Putin have played badly even among diehard conservatives."

" In a poll released last week, 62% said Trump was "hurting rather than helping" efforts to combat Covid-19. Fully 78% of those who supported him in 2016 but won't vote for him again disapprove of his handling of the pandemic. Voters in swing states like Texas, Florida and Arizona now feeling the brunt of the virus are telling pollsters they won't vote for Trump."

" There are still more than 100 days until election day, and many things could derail the emerging anti-Trump coalition: impediments to voting during the pandemic, foreign hacking into election machines, Republican efforts to suppress votes, quirks of the electoral college, Trumpian dirty tricks and his likely challenge to any electoral loss."

My uneducated, meaningless feeling is that Trump is going to get walloped. I don't care how wrong the polls were in 2016.
sycasey
82gradDLSdad said:

bearister said:

My uneducated, meaningless feeling is that Trump is going to get walloped. I don't care how wrong the polls were in 2016.

IMO the only thing that will save him is if the pandemic does magically go away by November. I doubt his administration will do anything to actually help improve the situation (based on their performance thus far), so he really has to hope for a miracle. As long as COVID is the main issue he is toast.
Big C
82gradDLSdad said:

bearister said:

I don't want to jinx anything and I'm a little worried about how the votes are going to be counted. That said, Trump has looked like a dead man walking for a few months now.
Krugman Is A Moron
dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

dajo9 said:

Matthew Patel said:

sycasey said:

Right. So don't say the American people chose Trump. They didn't.
They did

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.