2020 Election - Catch-all Thread

259,501 Views | 2434 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Unit2Sucks
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OdontoBear66 said:

dajo9 said:

BearNakedLadies said:

sycasey said:

Anarchistbear said:

He's not likeable so probably not even his wife.
Eh, he's likable enough to hold his Congressional seat for a long time. To make a run at the Presidency, though, more people need to know who the hell you are.
How many people knew who Bill Clinton was before he ran?

My stepmother worked for his campaigns in Arkansas. She was a very pretty, blonde, young woman and was alone with Bill Clinton on many occasions. Never anything inappropriate. She told me he should be the next President in 1989 give or take.
Must mean he is purer than a fresh Arkansas snow. Is that why Hillary has announced that she and Bill will be out of the country for Epsteins services following his upcoming suicide? Pelosi's daughter in the DNC said the day Epstein's place was raided: "Some of our favs are going down." Certainly not Bill.

I know it is common practice for the Clinton's to be deemed guilty of things by their political enemies regardless of the facts.

As for me, I'll wait for there to be a credible accusation against Clinton before putting him in my sights regarding Epstein. A novel concept, I know.
American Vermin
bearister
Melinda Gates said: 'Trump is a bully and doesn't represent values I stand for as an American' Daily Mail

Why doesn't she spend a few billion blitzing all media outlets with aggressive anti tRump attack ads from now until Election Day? Hell, have Scorsese produce them. Beat the Russians, Cambridge Analytica and Facebook at their own game.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearNIt
Apparently Bernie is an all talk no action kind of guy or rather a do as I say and not as I do kind of guy, as his campaign staffers are seeking the $15.00 an hour minimum wage that he has been campaigning on for all employees throughout the nation.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/labor-fight-roils-bernie-sanders-campaign-as-workers-demand-the-dollar15-hourly-pay-the-candidate-has-proposed-for-employees-nationwide/ar-AAEx8o9

bearister
"....the N.Y. Times' Nate Cohn lays out a fascinating case on today's front page.

Catnip headline: "Trump's Electoral College Edge Could Grow in 2020, Rewarding Polarizing Campaign."
Most memorable sentence: "It is even possible that Mr. Trump could win while losing the national vote by as much as five percentage points."
But here's the buried treasure why huge turnout won't necessarily benefit Dems:

"[T]he major Democratic opportunity to mobilize nonwhite and young voters ... would disproportionately help Democrats in diverse, often noncompetitive states."
"The major Republican opportunity to mobilize less educated white voters ... would disproportionately help them in white, working-class areas overrepresented in the Northern battleground states."
Why it matters: "If everyone who was eligible to vote turned up at the polls, the gap between the Sun Belt and Rust Belt would close."

"Texas ... would emerge as the tipping-point state."
"Wisconsin and Pennsylvania ... would barely budge."
The bottom line: "[H]igher turnout could widen the gap between the Electoral College and the popular vote." Axios
OneKeg
I really wish Hickenlooper would drop out of the presidential race and focus on the Colorado senate seat in 2020. I think he could flip it for the Dems - may even be favored to do so if that's what he chooses.

O'Rourke too for Texas senate, though he probably would lose (again), but he would force Republicans to dedicate at least some resources to play defense in Texas (for senate purposes) which they currently won't need to do much of.
Another Bear
Exactly. The senate is up for grabs. Collins is in trouble and the GOP have issues with two extreme right candidates...if they get the nomination. Won't be easy but senate is in play.
Unit2Sucks
OneKeg said:

I really wish Hickenlooper would drop out of the presidential race and focus on the Colorado senate seat in 2020. I think he could flip it for the Dems - may even be favored to do so if that's what he chooses.

O'Rourke too for Texas senate, though he probably would lose (again), but he would force Republicans to dedicate at least some resources to play defense in Texas (for senate purposes) which they currently won't need to do much of.
I'm pretty sure Beto is running for senate. Rubio still kept his seat even though he ignored Florida for the entirety of his presidential run. Beto will probably bow out of the presidential race before the fall and will have a year to run for senate. Ditto for Hickenlooper. It's still super early days for every race other than the white house.
bearister
I wonder what anonymous hack ghost writer wrote this learned work?

Another Bear

The irony of Trump Jr.'s hipster beard that looks more like a hobo beard is tremendous.
bearister
Why doesn't one of the many Dem billionaires lay some loot on these guys to hack the key flyover states so tRump loses?

bearister

BearNIt
5 Republicans in the last two weeks have announced that they will; not run for reelection. Could it be that the Idiot in Chief's positions and comments and positions are indefensible or are embarrassing? It's just too bad that these individuals didn't have enough of a spine to speak up instead of just tapping out.
BearNIt
Make it 6 Republicans who have announced over the last two weeks that they will not run for re-election. The latest is Will Hurd, a Republican from Texas who is the third Republican from Texas who has decided not to run for re-election. It is interesting to note that Hurd represents the Texas 23rd district which is the largest district in the nation bordering Mexico. Does this put Texas in play for the 2020 election?
Another Bear
Hurd is the only African American GOP congressman. He's probably had enough of Trump racism. Women voters are fleeing the GOP as well. The "logic" I read in one op-ed was that Trump's bullying, racism and bad behavior reminds them of bosses, men in power, random a-holes they've had to deal with. Before these women knew what they were getting they could rationalize towing the party line..but no longer. It's really not unlike the "no a-hole" hiring policy at some places. Nothing is worth having to deal with a compete and utter a-hole.
sycasey
BearNIt said:

Make it 6 Republicans who have announced over the last two weeks that they will not run for re-election. The latest is Will Hurd, a Republican from Texas who is the third Republican from Texas who has decided not to run for re-election. It is interesting to note that Hurd represents the Texas 23rd district which is the largest district in the nation bordering Mexico. Does this put Texas in play for the 2020 election?
THAT is a really bad one for the GOP. He barely won in the last race and it would probably be considered a blue-leaning district in neutral circumstances.
B.A. Bearacus
BearNIt
B.A. Bearacus said:

Lets hope that there are more than two of them left after the September debate when they get done eating each other.
prospeCt
leaning to Bernie & Carolyn K, or Warren, Harris, Klobuchar appearing stout - who actually can hold their own in a kajukenbo DD debate, . . . new blood, political zeal

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/ken-stabler-of-the-oakland-raiders-throws-a-pass-against-the-miami-picture-id53140197?s=594x594
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
Joe, you're a well-meaning man, but you must go.

Unit2Sucks
Blaming video games is largely a symptom of white fragility.

I think the online hate community movement is much more dangerous and I'm not sure what the government can do about it given the first and fourth amendments. Our bill of rights in many ways has led to the perfect storm of radicalizing impressionable kids and providing them with ready access to the tools of destruction.
Anarchistbear
The good news is rap is temporarily off the table. Is Tipper Gore dead?
Another Bear
Video gaming is just as popular internationally and yet you don't see mass murder shootings like in the U.S. because these countries have gun control, and don't have a NRA and the GOP to play their stooge.

p.s. more mass shooting than days in 2019, 249 murdered in total.
bearister
Video games are a gateway drug to paintballing.

sycasey
Good God, not this video game s*** again.

Every developed country plays the same video games. They don't shoot each other up like we do. I wonder what is the difference?
sp4149
sycasey said:

Good God, not this video game s*** again.

Every developed country plays the same video games. They don't shoot each other up like we do. I wonder what is the difference?
The video games use weapons patterned after the ones sold at Walmart?
And maybe in those other countries there isn't a Walmart selling weapons.
Yogi011
B.A. Bearacus said:

Joe, you're a well-meaning man, but you must go.

Anarchistbear
Biden continues to poll strongly no matter what he says or the reactions of the twitter sphere - in a lot of polls he is equal to Warren plus Sanders. Harris down to single figures after her"breakout" performance- Tulsi skunked her. The rest aren't even worth thinking about. All of Mayor Pete'.s money has to go somewhere.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/2020_democratic_presidential_nomination-6730.html
sycasey
Anarchistbear said:

Biden continues to poll strongly no matter what he says or the reactions of the twitter sphere - in a lot of polls he is equal to Warren plus Sanders. Harris down to single figures after her"breakout" performance- Tulsi skunked her. The rest aren't even worth thinking about. All of Mayor Pete'.s money has to go somewhere.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/2020_democratic_presidential_nomination-6730.html
Yeah, next thing to look out for is what happens when the field is narrowed down and all of these candidates have to be on stage together.
Anarchistbear
National polls also don't mean he wins Iowa and New Hampshire which like upsetting apple carts
Yogi011
sycasey said:

Anarchistbear said:

Yeah, next thing to look out for is what happens when the field is narrowed down and all of these candidates have to be on stage together.
IMO, there is a Biden constituency and an "Oh God, not Biden" constituency. The not-Biden field has to thin out before any of them can realistically gain ground on him.
B.A. Bearacus
Warren closing the gap.

bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

Warren closing the gap.

The Gap

B.A. Bearacus
bearister
....but Bobby Kraft was shooting blanks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.