The Town has major trouble

67,626 Views | 954 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by going4roses
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rising Oakland crime draws fervent pleas for city action

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/05/31/oakland/rising-oakland-crime-draws-fervent-pleas-city-action/

"OPD announced arrests in that case and said it had linked the nine-person robbery crew all children to three dozen crimes. Within days, however, all but one member of the alleged crew had been released without charges.

Many of the people targeted during that robbery series were women who were violently assaulted and dragged by their hair, authorities have said. "
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
DiabloWags
I have one name for you.

Pamela Price.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
DiabloWags
Mother of 26 year old Blake Mohs speaks out.

Since his death, the family said Price has never reached out. It was only after consistent outreach on their part, that a DA assigned to the case responded.

"The phone call was that Pamela Price was not going to meet with us, she was not going to have a conversation with us, and we discussed my concerns about the charges, and we were not being kept in the loop with my victim's advocate along with the DA's office," Mohs said.

Blake's parents Lorie and Eric were told Price had a full schedule until mid-June.
Still, they said the office did not proceed to schedule a meeting.

They also learned that both suspects are felons.

"[Knapps] is facing murder charges, and something called Little Gun, which means 5 years," Mohs said. "It's not robbery, it's not intent to rob, and there are no special circumstances or enhancements being added at all, and we were told by the DA that is on our case that we should expect none, because it is the policy of Pamela Price to not add enhancements or special circumstances. It doesn't make any logical sense in my heart, in my space or anything."

Blake was set to get married this August and aspired to be a police officer. He was active with the Boy Scouts his entire life.

Mohs said her son loved his job, though it could be dangerous.

"He would tell me 'Oh a knife was pulled on me,' and he talked about guns being pulled on him," she said. "He talked about the mass amounts of shoplifting. It was in Pleasanton, it was in every store, he worked all of Alameda County."

Slain Home Depot security guard's family upset with DA Pamela Price's handling of case - CBS San Francisco (cbsnews.com)

bearister
okaydo
Wow, not surprising. A Woke restaurant recently opened near West Oakland.

You know what they say: Go woke, go broke!

bearister
A few weeks ago Madame DA tried to have Cal Bear Emilie Raguso (Berkeley Scanner) physically removed from a press conference* until one of her "Team"* told her that was illegal.

*"Team member" means a new hire that is a political hack with no prosecutorial background and who has never tried a case, civil or criminal, in their career and never will.

*Oakland voted for Madame DA Price and not for Terry Wiley. She is doing exactly what she said she would do, "Fire all the mother f@ucks" and basically burn one of the best and most respected DA's offices in the country to the ground. Citizens get the government they deserve. They are basically campaign ads.

*Madame DA no longer appears live with regard to Breaking News issues, instead disseminating to the media pre-produced messages with the stock law library bookshelf behind her….something never seen in these parts before to my knowledge. On the other hand, Cal Bear Brooke Jenkins is live in front of the media several times a week.
bearister
….and now the head cheesedick is desecrating our campus.

I would actually respect the Restorative Justice crew if one of their loved ones got shot, stabbed, raped, beat up, stomped, robbed, or murdered by revolving door offenders and they still believed a sweetheart plea deal, an ankle monitor and a diversion program is just what the doctor ordered.

The problem: It never happens. I keep waiting. The perps must know it is bad business to make war on their allies.

*And a good Police Chief got fired because of a federal monitor with a conflict of interest.
golden sloth
bearister said:

I would actually respect the Progressive Reformative Justice crew if one of their loved ones got shot, stabbed, raped, beat up, stomped, robbed, or murdered by revolving door offenders and they still believed a sweetheart plea deal, an ankle monitor and a diversion program is just what the doctor ordered.

The problem: It never happens. I keep waiting. The perps must know it is bad business to make war on their allies.

*And a good Police Chief got fired because of a federal monitor with a conflict of interest.

DiabloWags
So sad.
What an embarrassment.
Big C

Agree that Pamela Price is unwittingly-and-unknowingly taking things in the wrong direction in Alameda County. Disagree that her coming in to office is what's causing the recent "crime wave". People that age are still letting off some steam, post-pandemic (which I am not condoning, but it's a "societal thing").
going4roses
Cheese ____ ?
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
going4roses
I have so many thoughts … I saw the clip of upset residents.

I see things with different filters
bearister
Yes, I believe I understand, and that is why I find comments from the parents of Delonzo Logwood's murder victims the most compelling.

…and I think a lot of money needs to be spent addressing the root causes of social injustice, criminality and rehabilitation of those incarcerated. What I disagree with is addressing the issue with leniency at the juncture where a serious crime has been committed.

*With regard to the excuse of a witness refusing to testify in Logwood matter, it happens all the time. The witness is subpoenaed, put on the stand, refuses to cooperate or changes his story and is then impeached by his prior written statement. A lot of convictions are based on that scenario, supplemented by compelling circumstantial evidence. For example, victims of domestic abuse that made 911 calls or statements to police at the scene often refuse to cooperate during trial out of fear. Using the 911 call or the statement often secures the conviction anyway.
DiabloWags
Big C said:

Agree that Pamela Price is unwittingly-and-unknowingly taking things in the wrong direction in Alameda County. Disagree that her coming in to office is what's causing the recent "crime wave". People that age are still letting off some steam, post-pandemic (which I am not condoning, but it's a "societal thing").

Just letting off some "steam", eh?
So you think that "Zero Bail" is a societal thing?

DiabloWags
In April 2022 after a violent week that saw four homicides in four days, including the death of a 15-year-old girl, Oakland police Chief LeRonne Armstrong pleaded with Alameda County Superior Court to return to the pre-pandemic bail schedule, which required payment of anywhere from a few thousands dollars for an offense like petty theft to $250,000 for felonies like rape or millions of dollars for large-scale drug trafficking.

"The judges in Alameda County have not been holding people accountable for committing violent crimes in the city of Oakland," Armstrong said at a press conference. "Far too many people have been let out of custody after being caught with firearms. 'Zero Bail' has contributed to the increasing violent crime in Oakland. And it has to stop."

Police say 'zero bail' increased Oakland's violent crime rate. Did it? (oaklandside.org)
DiabloWags

going4roses
Something else beneath the surface in the works… it's not just what we see
Who made certain decisions 20 and 40 and 60-500 years to produce what we see and ignore
Somebody in power either doesn't care/ is allowing it for a personal gain be it financially or politically or both or maybe.. perhaps they are mean evil selfish greedy wrapped in a dogma that reproduces this result.
going4roses
If you haven't lived(not driven though on the Freeway) in Oakland for 35+ years . Why did you move here ? Specifically Oakland

When I started feeling out of place/stranger/outcast/rouge vagabond in my own city I knew it was too late.

DiabloWags
going4roses said:

Who made certain decisions 20 and 40 and 60-500 years to produce what we see and ignore
Somebody in power either doesn't care/ is allowing it for a personal gain be it financially or politically or both or maybe.. perhaps they are mean evil selfish greedy wrapped in a dogma that reproduces this result.

It's called a criminal justice system that doesnt care about providing a SAFE community for its residents.
More specifically, judges and district attorney's who dont believe in holding criminals accountable.

Or do you think that having a Zero Bail policy was a good idea?

DiabloWags
going4roses said:

If you haven't lived(not driven though on the Freeway) in Oakland for 35+ years .
Why did you move here ? Specifically Oakland

The woman in the video that I posted in that meeting in front of Oakland City Officials is a PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER.

And you're asking her why she moved here???
Please.
going4roses
DiabloWags said:

going4roses said:

If you haven't lived(not driven though on the Freeway) in Oakland for 35+ years .
Why did you move here ? Specifically Oakland

I can't ask a simple non invasive question? Damn

The woman in the video that I posted in that meeting in front of Oakland City Officials is a PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER.

And you're asking her why she moved here???
Please.

going4roses
DiabloWags said:

going4roses said:

It's called a criminal justice system that doesnt care about providing a SAFE community for its residents.
More specifically, judges and district attorney's who dont believe in holding criminals accountable.

Geez do you really think it's that simple ? Change that part and bam everything will be fixed ? This is not a magic trick. Come on I know you can't possibly be that nave ?
DiabloWags
DiabloWags said:

Crickets.
going4roses
Damn I can't ask a simple non personal question?
bearister
…..and fresh in from the You Can't Make this Stuff Up Department:

Henry Lee also reported today that a 21 year old convicted felon has been arrested by and charged with robbery & assault w/firearm for allegedly attacking 2 women at Arroyo shopping center in Livermore & robbing one of them at gunpoint while wearing ankle monitor
BearHunter
bearister said:

I would actually respect the Restorative Justice crew if one of their loved ones got shot, stabbed, raped, beat up, stomped, robbed, or murdered by revolving door offenders and they still believed a sweetheart plea deal, an ankle monitor and a diversion program is just what the doctor ordered.

going4roses
Something is up…
oski003
going4roses said:

Something is up…

Wokeism is up. The more you tell criminals they are justified in their crimes, the more they will commit. When the justice system treats criminals like victims, they will commit more crimes. It is messed up. Need some personal responsibility instead of blaming someone or something else.
going4roses
Define wokeism ?
oski003
going4roses said:

Define wokeism ?

In this context, telling criminals they are justified in their crimes and treating criminals like victims.
going4roses
DiabloWags
You sure know how to "cherry-'pick" the opinion of a single journalist from 45 years ago.
And then stereotypically apply it to an entire race.
Are you certain you arent a racist?
Cal88
DiabloWags said:

I have one name for you.

Pamela Price.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/matier-ross/article/Billionaire-George-Soros-funding-heats-up-12947696.php
going4roses
oski003 said:

going4roses said:

Something is up…

Wokeism is up. The more you tell criminals they are justified in their crimes, the more they will commit. When the justice system treats criminals like victims, they will commit more crimes. It is messed up. Need some personal responsibility instead of blaming someone or something else.

Is this you
oski003
I am neither Obama nor Rob Smith.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.