The Town has major trouble

70,279 Views | 973 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by movielover
82gradDLSdad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cal88 said:

bearister said:

Carjacking attempt at UC president's home in Berkeley

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/09/28/uc-berkeley-crime/berkeley-carjacking-attempt-uc-presidents-home/

Quote:

These security breaches prompted the Board of Regents to consider moving Drake out of his $6.5 million Julia Morgan-designed home in one of Berkeley's most upscale neighborhoods to a $13 million home in Piedmont.

The regents voted earlier this month not to move Drake, even though the money would have come from private donors and not the public, according to the Los Angeles Times.

I don't think any private donor had moving the UC president to a bigger mansion as a high priority in making their donation...

Move to our neighborhood in Bay Point. Early on , 32 years ago, the sheriff told us our houses would be safe because there is only one entrance/exit to it. When they are called they block that exit point and "mass"/wait there. Criminals want no part of that. He was right. 32 years...no problems. Plus, it's Bay Point...nothing good to steal.
dimitrig
Cal88 said:

bearister said:

Carjacking attempt at UC president's home in Berkeley

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/09/28/uc-berkeley-crime/berkeley-carjacking-attempt-uc-presidents-home/

Quote:

These security breaches prompted the Board of Regents to consider moving Drake out of his $6.5 million Julia Morgan-designed home in one of Berkeley's most upscale neighborhoods to a $13 million home in Piedmont.

The regents voted earlier this month not to move Drake, even though the money would have come from private donors and not the public, according to the Los Angeles Times.

I don't think any private donor had moving the UC president to a bigger mansion as a high priority in making their donation...

Berkeley isn't safe so they are moving him to Oakland?

(Yes, I realize Piedmont is technically not Oakland but it is more Oakland than Berkeley is.)
bearister
Berkeley police seize guns from landlord tied to arson case

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/10/04/arrests/berkeley-police-seize-guns-landlord-arson-case/
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
going4roses

https://oaklandside.org/2023/09/07/seneca-scott-rally-public-safety-anti-lgbtq-statements/
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
going4roses
The enemy spy is cracking up
bearister
Trio charged with 5 robberies near UC Berkeley in 30 minutes

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/10/09/uc-berkeley-crime/uc-berkeley-armed-robberies-trio-charged/
dimitrig
bearister said:

Trio charged with 5 robberies near UC Berkeley in 30 minutes

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/10/09/uc-berkeley-crime/uc-berkeley-armed-robberies-trio-charged/

I am all for reduced sentences for petty crime but this woman has been arrested many times. You don't get a free pass every single time you get arrested. What is up with the DA?'

Oakbear
DiabloWags said:

I have one name for you.

Pamela Price.

don't blame me I voted for Jimmie
y
bearister
Oakbear said:

DiabloWags said:

I have one name for you.

Pamela Price.

don't blame me I voted for Jimmie
y

Hopefully Jimmie Wilson canā€¦.

BearHunter
bearister
UC Berkeley student, 19, carjacked at gunpoint near Cal

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/10/10/uc-berkeley-crime/uc-berkeley-student-carjacked-gunpoint/

*The carjacking took place on Benvenue near Dwight Way.
I lived at apartment building at 2525 Benvenue near that corner for 6 years after I graduated. 2 bedroom; furnished; $300/month.
going4roses
Damn hope the student is ok. Side note that apartment is close to 3k a month now
bearister
Moved out of that apartment in June, 1982 to buy a house with a buddy. Price: $137,000. Estimated market value by Zillow today: $1.7M. He got married before I did and we sold it in 1984 for $143,000.
going4roses
That's a lot of appreciation
going4roses
https://oaklandside.org/2023/10/10/oakland-police-chief-leronne-armstrong-commission-search/
going4roses

It's is not Black people it's themā€¦ don't know how opd can deal with immigration policies that have exacerbated the situation
oski003
going4roses said:

It's is not Black people it's themā€¦ don't know how opd can deal with immigration policies that have exacerbated the situation

Do the statistics support your racist allegations?
bearister
Pamela Price recall team kicks off signature collection

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/10/12/courts/pamela-price-recall-signature-collection-begins/
bearister
bearister said:

I haven't seen the evidence.

A case to keep your eye on is the DA's prosecution of OPD Phong Tran. Does the case derail before trial? If not, does he get acquitted? What will Tran's legal move be if those scenarios occur? Defamation and/or malicious prosecution action against DA and county?

The cookie is starting to crumble:

Phong Tran case: Judge drops 1 of 5 misconduct charges

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/10/13/courts/oakland-police-misconduct-case-judge-drops-charge-phong-tran/

Judge says he 'was misled' by DA in OPD perjury case

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/09/01/courts/oakland-police-detective-phong-tran-cellphone-warrant/
bearister
going4roses
bearister said:

Interesting
This is my concern
Not saying that she not woefully incompetent
bearister
Agreed. No room for that sh@it.
going4roses
Exactly her record is bad enuff is it not shhh
going4roses
Now that Rita has become a prison because the prisons are over full I wonder where all these new criminals and homeless will end up.

If you want them arrested you must provide for them because 90% will be released at some point.
bearister
11,417 cars stolen in Oakland this year through October 8.
-KPIX 5 pm News just now.
bearister
going4roses
I wonder how many of those cars were stolen for takeover/robbery bs.

How many of those thefts are inside and or insurance jobs(behind on payments) ?
How many of the thefts were intended to be thefts from inception(for parts)

How many vehicles were driven elsewhere or south of the border?

Side point I have hard time seeing OPD writing up that many stolen vehicle reports over the past two years whenever I call them I get a busy signal or voice mail
bearister
Read an article today about the 25 year old male that crashed a stolen Lexus at high speed killing a man and woman in their 60's in Oakland on 9/24.

The man's record: 8 prior felony convictions since 2019 including robbery, possessing a stolen car and assault with a firearm.
Bay Area News Group

*This is what I call the "revolving door" criminal justice system.
going4roses
Something is a miss in the 80's and 90's unless he was super wealthy or related to a high ranking individual he would have been washed ā€¦

Do you know what demographic group he belongs to? I saw this on IG right after it happened and my initial thought was the news report shows no face/mug shot no name and from my experience that tells me they most likely are not Black. Sad for the victims but which policies produced this result?

This "soft on crime" stuff is a thing after most of the Black population has been locked up. The criminal just system was build to produce that result. And now the demographics have changed so the get out of jail free cards are the thing smh .

IMHO Reparations would have virtually eliminated the prison complex. Americas criminal justice system would never lock up whites or white hispanics in the same way.
oski003
going4roses said:

Something is a miss in the 80's and 90's unless he was super wealthy or related to a high ranking individual he would have been washed ā€¦

Do you know what demographic group he belongs to? I saw this on IG right after it happened and my initial thought was the news report shows no face/mug shot no name and from my experience that tells me they most likely are not Black. Sad for the victims but which policies produced this result?

This "soft on crime" stuff is a thing after most of the Black population has been locked up. The criminal just system was build to produce that result. And now the demographics have changed so the get out of jail free cards are the thing smh .

IMHO Reparations would have virtually eliminated the prison complex. Americas criminal justice system would never lock up whites or white hispanics in the same way.

Lol. He is likely black. Your "ability" to turn this into a conspiracy against black people is pretty funny and sad.
bearister

*Is San Leandro a Turkish enclaveā€¦or just that gym?
dajo9
Violent crime went down in 2022 and is on track for a record decrease of ~10% in 2023. The Trump violent crime boom is at an end. Petty theft still a problem.
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2023-10-12/violent-crime-is-down-fear-is-up-why-is-la-perceived-as-dangerous
https://www.latimes.com/politics/newsletter/2023-10-20/killings-in-the-u-s-are-dropping-at-an-historic-rate-will-anyone-notice-essential-politics
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
Oakbear
"IMHO Reparations would have virtually eliminated the prison complex. "

I have seen a lot of stupid comments over the years, but this is right up there with the stupidest
going4roses
Aww I am sorry you can not see the correlation
Oakbear
going4roses said:

Aww I am sorry you can not see the correlation
and I am sorry that you can actually believe that there is one

we have been giving the poor money for years and years and it does not end crime, criminals will be criminals

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.