The Town has major trouble

70,273 Views | 973 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by movielover
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cal88 said:

A witness?? Weren't they captured on film?

Obviously I don't actually know the reasoning there, but perhaps you still need witnesses to confirm who took the video?
Cal88
sycasey said:

Cal88 said:

A witness?? Weren't they captured on film?

Obviously I don't actually know the reasoning there, but perhaps you still need witnesses to confirm who took the video?

You might also need witnesses to confirm who witnessed those taking the video.
bearister
A video is the equivalent of a writing under Evidence Code section 250. Authentication can be by testimony or other evidence that the video depicts what it purports to show.

I presume the key ID witnesses (other than victim of carjack) are the good Samaritans that came upon the wreck to help and were within a couple of feet of the resilient auto boosters that climbed out of the wreckage and hightailed it the f@uck out of Dodge.

All these witnesses would do at trial is be shown the part of the video when the car was upside down on the ground with the perps climbing out and then testify the video accurately depicts what they saw in person.

As far as the earlier portion of the video, one would think that it would be authenticated by the same testimony since what they saw at the end of the crash could only have resulted from what happened in the earlier part of the video (the car speeding on the street, going through guard rail and rolling down the hill through shrubs and trees).

Owners of the homes that had the cctv cameras (at top of hill and bottom of hill) could testify about their equipment and an expert witness could testify regarding its features, placement on the structures and what areas it was recording.

*I have been out of the game for several years now so I may have stepped on my dick somewhere in this analysis.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
going4roses
Ouch
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
Cal88
They should introduce the video in court with this:
bearister
Cal88 said:

They should introduce the video in court with this:

Episode: Dead Lift
going4roses
Grew up with that show.
bearister
going4roses said:

Grew up with that show.

Malden's best villain role….and a pretty darn good Western.

*Stanley Kubrick fired as director. Replaced by Brando.
going4roses
I wonder how long will this sit here. It got knocked down last night. Reported it to 311.

The people don't care … the city doesn't care

Smh
oski003
going4roses said:

I wonder how long will this sit here. It got knocked down last night. Reported it to 311.

The people don't care … the city doesn't care

Smh

Have you written to Brooklyn Williams?

https://www.oaklandca.gov/staff/brook-williams
bearister
Well, at least we know where the mayor's priorities lie.

Here's why Oakland Mayor Sheng Thao is headed to Vietnam

https://oaklandside.org/2023/07/28/mayor-sheng-thao-travel-vietnam-trade-port/
Big C
bearister said:

Well, at least we know where the mayors priorities lie.

Here's why Oakland Mayor Sheng Thao is headed to Vietnam

https://oaklandside.org/2023/07/28/mayor-sheng-thao-travel-vietnam-trade-port/

The fact that "Libby Schaaf flew to Paris" tells me a lot, too. Guessing she came back with more than she went over with.

Pretty face, though! Very photogenic.
NVBear78
bearister said:

Is that Photo ID requirement for real? Everybody knows that is racist and an overt attempt to suppress attendance.
going4roses
How was it racist ? I'm just curious as to your reasoning
BearHunter
dimitrig said:

NVBear78 said:

Cal88 said:

Pam Price is going to give her a stern talking to.
Just another day in the Bay, nothing to see here, move along, who cares about naked ladies firing at cars on the Bay Bridge…
In a red state they would be appalled at her nudity and give her the chair for it but the gunfire is perfectly normal.

In blue states, naked ladies shoot randomly at cars on the freeways.
BearHunter

Pamela Price is another Soros-backed DA facing recall.
dimitrig
BearHunter said:

dimitrig said:

NVBear78 said:

Cal88 said:

Just another day in the Bay, nothing to see here, move along, who cares about naked ladies firing at cars on the Bay Bridge…
In a red state they would be appalled at her nudity and give her the chair for it but the gunfire is perfectly normal.

Better than shooting up elementary schools

going4roses
You would think that but apparently too many accept school shootings
Cal88
dimitrig said:

BearHunter said:

dimitrig said:

NVBear78 said:

Cal88 said:

The last one of these having been carried by a trans teenager, out of her hatred for Christian schools.
going4roses
The necessary fail safes to avoid that happening again and agin is on who ?
dimitrig
Cal88 said:

dimitrig said:

BearHunter said:

dimitrig said:

NVBear78 said:

Cal88 said:

The last one of these having been carried by a trans teenager, out of her hatred for Christian schools.

Sounds like someone being treated for emotional disorders shouldn't have access to a gun but in Tennessee it's perfectly fine.
Cal88
dimitrig said:

Cal88 said:

dimitrig said:

BearHunter said:

dimitrig said:

NVBear78 said:

Cal88 said:

Sounds like someone being treated for emotional disorders shouldn't have access to a gun but in Tennessee it's perfectly fine.

Someone who is planning on shooting up a school will have no problem procuring firearms illegally. There have been several school mass shootings in Quebec, where the gun laws are far stricter than in any US state, and where it is far more difficult to procure firearms.
dimitrig
Cal88 said:

dimitrig said:

Cal88 said:

dimitrig said:

BearHunter said:

dimitrig said:

NVBear78 said:

Cal88 said:

Someone who is planning on shooting up a school will have no problem procuring firearms illegally. There have been several school mass shootings in Quebec, where the gun laws are far stricter than in any US state, and where it is far more difficult to procure firearms.

I completely disagree that it is easy to obtain illegal firearms and furthermore easy access to legal firearms exacerbates illegal access to firearms.

oski003
dimitrig said:

Cal88 said:

dimitrig said:

Cal88 said:

dimitrig said:

BearHunter said:

dimitrig said:

NVBear78 said:

Cal88 said:

I completely disagree that it is easy to obtain illegal firearms and furthermore easy access to legal firearms exacerbates illegal access to firearms.

80% of assailants in school shootings stole guns from a family member.

Anyway, I am neither a fan of naked women shooting folks on the freeway or the number 13, which is the amount of people killed in school shootings this year, which is also about the same number as the amount of people murdered in Chicago EVERY WEEK.
bearister
It is easy to obtain illegal firearms on the streets of Oakland. They are brought in from Nevada in trailer truck loads.

" Federal authorities estimate that hundreds of thousands of guns have been brought to the Bay Area from Nevada and even rural places in California that have fewer restrictions for gun dealers."
https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/09/15/the-nevada-california-pipeline-how-thousands-of-illegal-guns-end-up-in-the-bay-area/amp/
AunBear89
(Right Wing clown brings up Chicago in gun discussion)

"B I N G O!"
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
BearHunter
DC and Philly don't get the attention they deserve.
Cal88
Chicago barely cracks the top 10:

Cities in the United States with the highest murder rates (murders per 100,000 people):
[ol]
  • St. Louis, MO (69.4)
  • Baltimore, MD (51.1)
  • New Orleans, LA (40.6)
  • Detroit, MI (39.7)
  • Cleveland, OH (33.7)
  • Las Vegas, NV (31.4)
  • Kansas City, MO (31.2)
  • Memphis, TN (27.1)
  • Newark, NJ (25.6)
  • Chicago, IL (24)
  • Cincinnati, OH (23.8)
  • Philadelphia, PA (20.2)
  • Milwaukee, WI (20.0)
  • Tulsa, OK (18.6)
  • Pittsburgh, PA (18.4)
  • Indianapolis, IN (17.7)
  • Louisville, KY (17.5)
  • Oakland, CA (17.1)
  • Washington D.C. (17.0)
  • Atlanta, GA (16.7)
  • [/ol]
    I wonder how many of these have Soros-funded DAs, I would guess the majority.
    oski003
    AunBear89 said:

(Right Wing clown brings up Chicago in gun discussion)

"B I N G O!"

Just an easily googleable example of why left wing clowns shouldn't do school shooting whataboutisms when discussing crime in liberal areas, such as Oakland. It will be okay, IamnotAngryBear89.
    AunBear89
    So, because crime happens in both liberal and conservative communities we can't discuss it. Unless we pretend it's all the Libs fault (and George Soros - fills the first spot on my Right Wing Clown BINGO card).
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
    bearister

75-year-old woman shoots at home intruders in Oakland

https://www.ktvu.com/news/75-year-old-woman-shoots-at-home-intruders-in-oakland
    bearister
    Next stop on the traveling town hall roadshow? Why that would be non other than Piedmont, California.

Unsettling Carjacking Incident in Piedmont, California: A Day in the Life of Crime | Blogging With Bobbi | NewsBreak Original

https://original.newsbreak.com/@blogging-with-bobbi-1737330/3107415921820-unsettling-carjacking-incident-in-piedmont-california-a-day-in-the-life-of-crime
    going4roses
    Carjacking In Piedmont ? Can't believe they got far into the city …
    Eastern Oregon Bear
    going4roses said:

Carjacking In Piedmont ? Can't believe they got far into the city …
    There aren't too many streets deadending into stairways where you can catch some big air in Piedmont.
    Cal88
    bearister said:

75-year-old woman shoots at home intruders in Oakland

https://www.ktvu.com/news/75-year-old-woman-shoots-at-home-intruders-in-oakland

That's the new poster girl for the 2nd amendment.

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.