The Town has major trouble

70,254 Views | 973 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by movielover
going4roses
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
going4roses
Empty post ?
tequila4kapp
going4roses said:

True , it was my go to for dates
So you either got married or lost game...its your fault.
going4roses
Yes I got married to the GAME.
going4roses
bearister said:

Ohio transplant
bearister
For people into conspiracy theories, wouldn't it be in Bay Alarm's best financial interests to be Progressive and go weak on crime and not complain?

All the Putin apologists in the Russian Invasion thread claim the Pentagon and defense contractors egg on the Ukrainians because it is in their best financial interests.

BTW, I don't think Madam DA should be recalled. She is doing everything she promised to do.

Currently she is circling the wagons and getting her advocates active on social media while she figures out how to shore up her biggest vulnerability, mismanagement, budget overruns and poor hires that are circling the airport dumping fuel as she either transfers them out of their positions or holds her breath waiting for the other shoe to drop.

There are several mittens full of people down there that don't have one line item in their resumes that would indicate any experience making them qualified or competent to do the job, and they are performing accordingly.

Tip: Read every comment posted by Nothing But the Truth to articles in the Berkeley Scanner. A former insider and every word in his comments is true….which is why Cal Bear Emilie Raguso will never be sued for libel in connection with his comments.
….and watch all of her pet prosecutions crash and burn. Stay tuned.

Dr. Maya Angelou once said, "When people show you who they are, believe them the first time."

District Attorney Candidate Accused of Exploitation | East Bay Express | Oakland, Berkeley & Alameda

https://eastbayexpress.com/district-attorney-candidate-accused-of-exploitation-2-1/
tequila4kapp
bearister said:

For people into conspiracy theories, wouldn't it be in Bay Alarm's best financial interests to be Progressive and go weak on crime and not complain?

All the Putin apologists in the Russian Invasion thread claim the Pentagon and defense contractors egg on the Ukrainians because it is in their best financial interests.
I can't speak to SF or conspiracy theories re it's crime. I can say unquestionably that Portland today has crime, homeless encampments, filth, panhandling, open drug use, etc that simply did not exist 30 years ago when I moved here. It used to be a safe clean idyllic vibrant downtown with outdoor cafes / pubs / restaurants. I don't care what anyone's statistics say, it IS unquestionably different and not in a good way. I put that in the fact category. My opinion is we are getting just about exactly what you'd expect when you pass laws decriminalizing personal use of (hard) drugs, have court rulings giving people 1st Amendment rights to camp in public areas, defund the police, stop prosecuting certain crimes, etc. We had an absolute jewel of a city and now it's gone.
dimitrig
tequila4kapp said:

bearister said:

I can't speak to SF or conspiracy theories re it's crime. I can say unquestionably that Portland today has crime, homeless encampments, filth, panhandling, open drug use, etc that simply did not exist 30 years ago when I moved here. It used to be a safe clean idyllic vibrant downtown with outdoor cafes / pubs / restaurants. I don't care what anyone's statistics say, it IS unquestionably different and not in a good way. I put that in the fact category. My opinion is we are getting just about exactly what you'd expect when you pass laws decriminalizing personal use of (hard) drugs, have court rulings giving people 1st Amendment rights to camp in public areas, defund the police, stop prosecuting certain crimes, etc. We had an absolute jewel of a city and now it's gone.

I don't know about 30 years ago but I spent some time in Portland in 2009 and I thought it was a dump. Panhandlers, drug addicts, and dealers were everywhere. A man exposed himself to my girlfriend and jerked off in the window of his apartment. There was a lot of trash and most places I went felt unsafe. Some guy knifed people on the MAX and there was a murder on the Steel Bridge which closed it.

I don't know it is worse now than then or what it like 15 years before that but I felt a lot more unsafe in Portland than I ever did in SF. We went looking for a restaurant off the beaten path in an "gentrifying" neighborhood and it was as bad as anything I have ever seen in Watts or Oakland with groups of sketchy people yelling at each other and blocking traffic. There was no way I was parking my car on the street there so we just left.

If Portland was a gem of a city it must have been long before that.

going4roses

I knew this guy was fishy after seeing him on Fox News a definite agent

Cal88
going4roses said:

bearister said:

Ohio transplant

Transplant lives matter.
going4roses
In a sense yes but to speak on Oakland as if you grew up here is disingenuous
bearister
Woman dead, others hurt after Berkeley Hills stabbing

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/09/23/crime/berkeley-hills-attack-stabbing/

*Matricide
bearister
Teens arrested in Berkeley after trying to rob boy, 16

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/09/25/arrests/berkeley-robbery-attempt-police-search-teens-arrested/

*Bring in Student Ambassadors!
One just occurred at Dwight & Warring
going4roses

A lot of agent provocateurs
oski003
going4roses said:

A lot of agent provocateurs
I don't know why you have a problem with him. Oakland is next to Alameda, Here is his Berkeley bio:

https://belonging.berkeley.edu/othering-belonging-conference/carl-chan#:~:text=Carl%20Chan%20is%20the%20President,Former%20Chair%20of%20Asian%20Health

He was assaulted in Oakland.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/article/Head-of-Chinatown-Chamber-of-Commerce-says-he-was-16140450.php

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/news/carl-chan-asian-american-attacks-oakland-chinatown-arrest/
going4roses
Is he being messy yes or no ? That's what the question is …
oski003
going4roses said:

Is he being messy yes or no ? That's what the question is …
You accused him of being an agent provocateur. You appear to be the one being messy. What do you think his motivation is?
going4roses
I'm just sharing… he is selling wolf tickets imo a lot of talking and no action. He gives I hate the mayor of city next door so imma sling mud and see what sticks. Grade a model minority. If I lived in Alameda I wouldn't say anything about Oakland that I am not working to fix. If he publicizes fake information what would you call him? Let me know tomorrow how many restaurants/businesses will be closed (missing $$$)
going4roses

Just seems like a lot of yellow journalism
going4roses
This guy is suspicious
bearister
Student carjacked in Berkeley while packing for college

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/09/26/crime/berkeley-college-student-carjacked-trombone/

Target Splitting

"Officials at Target Corp. citing organized retail thefts and the ongoing threat such thefts often bring to their staff and customers announced Tuesday that the company will cease operations at high-profile Target stores in Oakland, Pittsburg and San Francisco.

The last day those stores will be open is Oct. 20.

Target officials specifically mentioned the ongoing problem of organized retail theft and the threat that thefts large and small have presented to their guests as the reason for the closures."
-Mercury News
BearHunter

Target and CVS is shutting down in the Bay but look at what's happening in Philly.
bearister
Berkeley police chase, 4 arrests after 7 armed robberies

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/09/27/uc-berkeley-crime/berkeley-oakland-robbery-spree-crew-arrested/
going4roses
Hmm could it be one big circle of collusion.

Put in week DA
Chief of police fired
Mayors off twiddling her thumbs
"Pay" undesirables to steal anything from anywhere ot anyone.
National guard /martial law
Property values plummet
Bay Area Real Estate crash
bearister
Well, I guess a good thing to do would be to line item compare and contrast crime stats between SF and Oakland at the end of the year and see what that looks like. SF Mayor and DA are projecting harder public persona against crime. Maybe it doesn't make a difference. Same with homeless issue.

I know Berkeley crime stats were always sluggish compared to Oakland but Berkeley appears to be picking up.

You can rest assured the University will be applying pressure to DA since the campus is getting hot all of a sudden.

Berkeley Scanner will be following what DA does with regard to charging the teenagers arrested for 7 armed robberies. She claimed insufficient evidence to charge the group of teenagers arrested for 35 armed robberies in Oakland.

OPD links 9-person robbery crew, ages 12-17, to 35 holdups

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/05/24/crime/oakland-police-arrest-youth-robbery-crew-35-holdups/
82gradDLSdad
bearister said:

Well, I guess a good thing to do would be to line item compare and contrast crime stats between SF and Oakland at the end of the year and see what that looks like. SF Mayor and DA are projecting harder public persona against crime. Maybe it doesn't make a difference. Same with homeless issue.

I know Berkeley crime stats were always sluggish compared to Oakland but Berkeley appears to be picking up.

You can rest assured the University will be applying pressure to DA since the campus is getting hot all of a sudden.

Berkeley Scanner will be following what DA does with regard to charging the teenagers arrested for 7 armed robberies. She claimed insufficient evidence to charge the group of teenagers arrested for 35 armed robberies in Oakland.

OPD links 9-person robbery crew, ages 12-17, to 35 holdups

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2023/05/24/crime/oakland-police-arrest-youth-robbery-crew-35-holdups/

Let's see, lower crime stats by:

1. Stopping crime
2. Eliminating crime laws/not prosecuting criminals

That is a toughie.

Glad I'm not a politician having to deal with these hard statistical issues.
going4roses
The beat cops that frequent my block are not so enthusiastic about cleaning up problems that are
one out of their scope because the politicians caused the problems
Two the new way of policing/Post George Floyd has put the spotlight on policies and procedures. The rock em sock em robots way policing does not work anymore and it's is useless to deal with overwhelming societal issues.

I have some ideas that I am putting together for a proposal for the mayor/city council/ police dept who knows if they will listen.

going4roses
Side note:

One thing I notice now in Oakland is the amount of vehicles parked on streets that should have been towed away years ago years ? Yes YEARS ago they have been sitting since 2020-2021 in my area. Back in the day A&B towing snatched up everything and anything now not at all. Not to mention the non functional vehicles people are living in. Now tow companies leave abandoned vehicles because they clearly know nobody's coming to pay and pick up something broke down with hella parking tickets on it. Hell we are so over populated in this part of Oakland at night car regularly part across driveways on sidewalks or in the red. That's what happens when you have 12 people living in 2 bed apt.
82gradDLSdad
going4roses said:

The beat cops that frequent my block are no so enthusiastic about cleaning up problems that are
one out of their scope because the politicians caused the problems
Two they new way of policing/Post George Floyd has but the spotlight on policies and procedures. The rock em sock em robots way policing does not work anymore and it's is useless to deal with overwhelming societal issues.

I have some ideas that I am putting together for a proposal for the mayor/city council/ police dept who knows if they will listen.

I was an automation programmer most of my working life. If I wrote programs and then watched folks with less knowledge than I tear them up and throw them out I would have written a lot less code. If I'm a cop and watch my arrests and reports get tossed out by folks that have some other agenda then I'm going to let a few more crimes go. Seems like a common human reaction. Similar to that of criminals. They're not dumb. If they are less prosecuting, less enforcement, they are going to take advantage. The stupid YouTube cop cam vids I watch, I'm amazed at how patient cops are with drugged out folks. They talk to them and treat them like they are rational. They are not but the cops know they are on camera and that they have to put their life in peril and not strong arm crazy people. I'd rather go back to the old days. Shockingly I was never abused by police in my 64 years. Must be because I'm white. Or maybe it was because I never broke the law. I was more afraid of my dad than the cops during the 'mean old cop days'.
going4roses
Didn't that say they had a bunch of suspected youth that supposedly had been committing a number of robberies. But it wasnt enough evidence to prosecute? How ? What in policing changed because before one would turn and the all others would go down. No ?
oski003
going4roses said:

Side note:

One thing I notice now in Oakland is the amount of vehicles parked on streets that should have been towed away years ago years ? Yes YEARS ago they have been sitting since 2020-2021 in my area. Back in the day A&B towing snatched up everything and anything now not at all. Not to mention the non functional vehicles people are living in. Now tow companies leave abandoned vehicles because they clearly know nobody's coming to pay and pick up something broke down with hella parking tickets on it. Hell we are so over populated in this part of Oakland at night car regularly part across driveways on sidewalks or in the red. That's what happens when you have 12 people living in 2 bed apt.

It is like this in Los Angeles as well. California cities don't know what to do about the massive homeless problem. There are multiple streets near my work and some not too far from my home where many folks live in their cars and create a trash city on the sidewalk. I am pretty sure the black guy on a bike who broke into a few cars in front of my work rode in from an encampment a few blocks away. Their are folks riding bikes all over the place looking to steal from cars and other opportunities.
going4roses
Are you in Oakland or LA ?
going4roses
The white part = never guilty of anything ever assumption
82gradDLSdad
going4roses said:

The white part = never guilty of anything ever assumption

I don't know what this means.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.