The Town has major trouble

70,280 Views | 973 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by movielover
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

When the facts aren't on your side, turn to made up scenarios. You think home invasions don't happen in areas Republicans govern?

Oski being Oski.
Shocker.
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
oski003
DiabloWags said:

When the facts aren't on your side, turn to made up scenarios. You think home invasions don't happen in areas Republicans govern?

Oski being Oski.
Shocker.

EOB isn't the only one who needs better reading comprehension. Diablo being Diablo. Shocker.
dajo9
Some of you never tire of eating corporate news lies
https://www.threads.net/@perfectunion/post/C13BPV4Jdpu/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
Eastern Oregon Bear
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Oski being Oski.
Shocker.

EOB isn't the only one who needs better reading comprehension. Diablo being Diablo. Shocker.
If multiple people misunderstand your prose, maybe you need to write more clearly.
AunBear89
003 is the poster boy for the third piece of the conservative trifecta.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bear2034
Quote:

Seems like the most likely top factor here is high-density urban areas having more crime, which has basically always been true. Get more people living on top of each other and you get more opportunity for crime.

And those high density urban areas in red states with high rates of violent crime tend to be blue.
oski003

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Oski being Oski.
Shocker.

If multiple people misunderstand your prose, maybe you need to write more clearly.

Diablo is just being an old crotchety jerk. He doesn't really care what was actually written if he can get a shot in. Yes, you need to work on your reading comprehension. Nowhere did I say that only democratic areas have home invasions.
bear2034
Wags was venting because his UW Huskies lost and posters on the football board were saying Penix sucked.
dimitrig
bear2034 said:

Quote:

Seems like the most likely top factor here is high-density urban areas having more crime, which has basically always been true. Get more people living on top of each other and you get more opportunity for crime.

And those high density urban areas in red states with high rates of violent crime tend to be blue.

From my post:

"Even when murders in the largest cities in red states are removed, overall murder rates in Trump-voting states were 12% higher than Biden-voting states across this 21-year period and were higher in 18 of the 21 years observed."

bear2034
dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

Quote:

From my post:

"Even when murders in the largest cities in red states are removed, overall murder rates in Trump-voting states were 12% higher than Biden-voting states across this 21-year period and were higher in 18 of the 21 years observed."

Did the researchers similarly remove Republican voting counties in blue states as well?
dimitrig
bear2034 said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

Quote:

From my post:

Did the researchers similarly remove Republican voting counties in blue states as well?

You mentioned "high density urban areas in red states" with the implication that they made the numbers look worse than they are.

Remove them from the statistics and red states still have a higher murder rate.

bearister
Interesting factoid: 104 murders in London in 2023 in a population of 9.6M

126 murders in Oakland in 2023 out of a population of 433K.

How does the NRA spin that? Asking for a friend.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
bearister said:

*AG will never pursue this vindictive prosecution of a whistleblower, who will then promptly sue Madame DA.

Fresh in from the Since it is Your Tax Dollars and not My Money, Why not Spend it like a Drunken Sailor Department:

bear2034
dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

Quote:

From my post:

You mentioned "high density urban areas in red states" with the implication that they made the numbers look worse than they are.

I mentioned "high density urban areas in red states" because that's where the highest rates of violent crime are. They also tend to be run by Democratic mayors.

The researchers didn't make an apples to apples comparison when they removed blue cities in red states but failed to remove red counties in blue states.
dimitrig
bearister said:

Interesting factoid: 104 murders in London in 2023 in a population of 9.6M

126 murders in Oakland in 2023 out of a population of 433K.

How does the NRA spin that? Asking for a friend.

The British are famous for being polite.

dimitrig
bear2034 said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

Quote:

From my post:

I mentioned "high density urban areas in red states" because that's where the highest rates of violent crime are. They also tend to be run by Democratic mayors.

The researchers didn't make an apples to apples comparison when they removed blue cities in red states but failed to remove red counties in blue states.

You are flailing.

"A report released today by the Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice finds that, compared to the 35 California counties that voted Democratic in the 2020 presidential election, the state's 23 Republican-voting counties have higher rates of violent crime, including homicides."

"Homicide rates in Republican-voting counties are now 28 percent higher than in Democratic-voting counties."

"The homicide death rate among White people in Republican-voting counties is on par with people of color in Democratic-voting ones, challenging widely held beliefs about violence in urban communities of color."

Link:
Crime trends and violence worse in California's Republican-voting counties than Democratic-voting counties

bear2034
dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

Quote:

From my post:

You are flailing.

"A report released today by the Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice finds that, compared to the 35 California counties that voted Democratic in the 2020 presidential election, the state's 23 Republican-voting counties have higher rates of violent crime, including homicides."

"Homicide rates in Republican-voting counties are now 28 percent higher than in Democratic-voting counties."

"The homicide death rate among White people in Republican-voting counties is on par with people of color in Democratic-voting ones, challenging widely held beliefs about violence in urban communities of color."

Link:
Crime trends and violence worse in California's Republican-voting counties than Democratic-voting counties

Statistics are interesting because they provide meaningful information but at the same time they can hide information and therefore, be misleading.

Yes, according to the link, in California, homicide rates per capita are higher in red counties. But do you know where the homicides are taking place? In blue counties because that's where all the people are.

Based on the total number of violent crimes, the top 10 most violent counties in California are all Democratic-voting counties.

22 out of the top 25 counties with the most violent crime are Democratic voting counties.

3 of the top 4 counties with highest violet crime rate per capita are Democratic voting counties: San Francisco, San Joaquin, and Alameda. Del Norte is the other one, a Republican voting county with a population less than 30,000.
sycasey
Is it really news that counties with more people have more crimes? This doesn't tell us anything about crime policies.
bear2034
sycasey said:

Is it really news that counties with more people have more crimes? This doesn't tell us anything about crime policies.

Not necessarily. Orange county is more than 3 times the population of SF county with the same number of violent crimes. San Diego county is twice the population of Alameda county with the same number of violent crimes.
oski003
dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

dimitrig said:

bear2034 said:

Quote:

From my post:

You are flailing.

Link:

The graphs are confusing. Why are we focusing on homicide death rates as opposed to who is committing the homicides?
bear2034
bearister
Madame DA makes the British tabs:

Oakland DA slammed for going to critic's business with 'ARMED GOONS'

https://mol.im/a/12959289

*Everyone knows her security detail is packing, which is one of reasons she moved her office out of the main courthouseโ€ฆ.they weren't properly permitted to get them in the building.
oski003
bear2034 said:

When the facts aren't on your side, turn to made up scenarios. You think burglaries don't happen in areas Republicans govern? Lolz.
bearister
Now we are back to this again:

https://abc7news.com/san-lorenzo-freeway-shooting-children-injured-interstate-highway-880-hesperian-boulevard/14323471/
Cal88
DiabloWags said:

3 DAYS and 3 HOMICIDES

Just another typical weekend in The Town.

Oakland sees deadly weekend, 3 homicides in just over 24 hours (yahoo.com)

bearister
bearister
Price recall campaign says it aims to submit 110K signatures

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2024/01/18/courts/pamela-price-recall-update-signatures/
bearister
bearister
The recall petition for SF DA Chesa Boudin had 83,000 signatures.

The petition to recall Madame DA bears 110,000 signatures and getting more every day.
bear2034

The criminals won.
bear2034

My buddy got his car broken into while he was getting a coffee at a Starbucks in Alameda. The thieves broke the glass windows and stole his company laptop that he foolishly left in the backseat. Other cars in the parking lot were also broken in to.

He had to rent a car while repairs were being made and stopped by a car rental place off of Hegenberger Road near that In-N-Out that's closing down. The worker at the car rental gave him a map with his keys and circled multiple gas stations on the map nearby and told him not to fill up at those locations due to all the robberies.
Chapman_is_Gone
bearister said:

What a disgusting city. The quality of life is so low they can't even keep a burger joint open.

Maybe not having fathers in 70% of the households is a bad idea after all...
bear2034
Chapman_is_Gone said:

What a disgusting city. The quality of live is so low they can't even keep a burger joint open.

Maybe not having fathers in 70% of the households is a bad idea after all...

Liberal mainstream news will never talk about negative aspects of rising fatherlessness, particularly in the black community.
Eastern Oregon Bear
bear2034 said:

My buddy got his car broken into while he was getting a coffee at a Starbucks in Alameda. The thieves broke the glass windows and stole his company laptop that he foolishly left in the backseat. Other cars in the parking lot were also broken in to.
In-N-Out isn't closing it's Alameda location.
bear2034

In-N-Out isn't closing it's Alameda location.
And Joe Biden isn't closing the border.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.