The Town has major trouble

70,253 Views | 973 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by movielover
movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oakland Homicides:

2023 - 126
2022 - 120
2021 - 134
2020 - 109 = previous 5-year average = 84
2019 - 78
2018 - 75
2017 - 72
2016 - 85

2023 was a 50% increase over the 5-year average. Libs playing games w numbers.

Yes, Latino families, many illegal, are driving African Americans out of Oakland.

2023 - This was higher than San Francisco's 53 and San Jose's 36 homicides. This despite San Jose having twice the population of San Jose.
going4roses
SJ takes up twice as much land area as Oakland right ?
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
DiabloWags
dajo9 said:

Crime in Oakland is down about 1/3 from what it was in the early 1990s

Youre so embarrassing.

Completely disconnected from reality. You have no clue. Zero credibility.

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/video/oakland-police-investigating-deadly-shooting-on-international-boulevard/
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
Big C

Like Kamala Harris, I am Kaiser-Oakland born. I have always felt pretty comfortable navigating my way through Oakland. Basically, you just need to avoid certain areas and always have some situational awareness when you're out and about.

Last Saturday evening, I did not feel very comfortable though: I was headed to the True Burger at the north end of Lake Merritt (near the Cathedral of Christ the Light). However, going down Grand Ave there were two of those guys who ride dirt bikes up on one wheel, which always makes me nervous. Then there were two more... and a few more. Plus a bunch of guys on those "4-wheel dirt bikes", revving their motors and doing wheelies. It was a convention!

To be clear, what makes me nervous about that stuff is that I don't want to get squashed by an out-of-control bike.

I hightailed it outta there and went to the True Burger way uptown on Broadway. I was thinking about calling the cops, but I figured what good would that do? I never heard how the "convention" turned out.
going4roses
They ended up crossing the bay bridge and en route to S.F. I believe S.F. residents were blaming the city of Oakland smh lol
Comical
going4roses
I don't get this I know people in prison charged with murder because the victim shot one of the assailants. So I'm miffed how does this happen ? its like he got the white treatment or something. I don't understand what's going on. Prison guards/jailers morale has been at an all time low since covid. Nobody wants to be there. I can't blame them
dajo9
DiabloWags said:

dajo9 said:

Crime in Oakland is down about 1/3 from what it was in the early 1990s

Youre so embarrassing.

Completely disconnected from reality. You have no clue. Zero credibility.

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/video/oakland-police-investigating-deadly-shooting-on-international-boulevard/

People often get emotional when simple facts don't conform to their feelings
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
movielover
going4roses said:

I don't get this I know people in prison charged with murder because the victim shot one of the assailants. So I'm miffed how does this happen ? its like he got the white treatment or something. I don't understand what's going on. Prison guards/jailers morale has been at an all time low since covid. Nobody wants to be there. I can't blame them

Saint George Floyd effect.
going4roses
Explain what government sponsored systemic white supremacist police brutality/murder has to do with this ?
Where is the correlation? How ?
bearister
"Oakland's overall 2023 crime rate was higher than at any time in the past two decades, up 100 percent since 2020, 56 percent since 2013 and 86 percent since 2003. Oakland's 2023 violent crime rate was up 174 percent since 2020, 72 percent since 2013, and 150 percent since 2003."

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2024/09/08/crime-has-surged-in-oakland-since-pandemic-leveled-off-in-san-jose-san-francisco/amp/
smh
from today's ho-hum dept..
https://www.mercurynews.com/2024/09/08/tv-news-crew-security-guard-robbed-at-gunpoint-while-covering-a-story-in-oakland/

> TV news crew, security guard robbed at gunpoint while covering a story in Oakland
> One of the suspects allegedly shoved a victim to the ground and forcibly took her backpack, while two others pointed guns at the news crew and grabbed the security guard's firearm..
# lets-call-the-whole-thing-off
muting more than 300 handles, turnaround is fair play
going4roses
Hmm
movielover
A friend has been exploring Oakland, I go join him every 2 or 3 weeks.

This past week, a patron at his Lake Merritt hotel was stabbed in the face.

Later he went to Lana's on 8th Street for a smash burger, and a mid 40s Asian woman had been bashed in the face. Lana's is great.

The following morning he was picking up trash at the children's playground near Chinatown, and a crazy person started threatening him.

At Philz coffee shop, a crazy homeless person came in and stole food off the counter. As we walked through Chinatown towards Horn BBQ for lunch, a slim man walked in front of us and violently threw punches at an imaginary person. Every time a Caucasian person was in his vicinity, these imaginary punches occurred.

The sandwiches at Horn BBQ were great.
bearister
Oakland is a …..

bearister
https://abc7news.com/post/driver-injures-spectators-oakland-sideshow-another-illegal-show-blocks-bay-bridge/15279999/
going4roses
Not a sideshow !!!! smh … geez h Christ . The public the politicians the police continue to feed off the outright lies from yellow journalists.

Cant begin to address/nor fix a problem if you don't understand what's at work.
going4roses
Why is it ?
Who made it this way ?
What policy created this problems?
What problems were continuously ignored time and time and time again?
smh
going4roses said:

Not a sideshow !!!! smh … geez h Christ . The public the politicians the police continue to feed off the outright lies from yellow journalists.

Cant begin to address/nor fix a problem if you don't understand what's at work.
G4R..
googled it, turns out H stands for Holy [discouraged on the internet?]
signed, middle name is Clueless
muting more than 300 handles, turnaround is fair play
bearister
I predicted this outcome. He will sue her next:

AG's office drops Butch Ford case 'in the interest of justice'

https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2024/09/11/courts/butch-ford-case-dropped-pamela-price/
bearister
Adios, Madame D.A., we hardly knew ye.

Defense attorney alleges voter suppression by DA Pamela Price
https://www.berkeleyscanner.com/2024/09/13/courts/defense-attorney-alleges-voter-suppression-pamela-price/

Alameda DA inspector belittled Oakland officers, lied about it: report

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/alameda-district-attorney-chief-inspector-19755886.php
going4roses
But at the end of the day what will change ????
bear2034
going4roses
Scholars ? Dafaq
bearister
going4roses said:

But at the end of the day what will change ????

Brooke Jenkins is better than Chesa Boudin and Pamela Price's successor will be better than her.
going4roses
I get those changes but the problems that exist I don't see anyway a DA can bring societal change. Cant un ring the bell.

Example opd gives a damn because politicians with bad policies created all of problems. They know they are a band aid not a fix. It's both deep and simple at the same time but as long as the denial persists no tangible changes will happen.
bearister
"According to Horowitz, Price has displayed "mob boss tactics," including hiring private armed guards for her office and courthous, unprecedented in the county's history as Alameda County Sheriff's deputies typically provide security.

"These unverified personal armed guards created an atmosphere of fear in the office, said Horowitz. He added that "Guns in the courthouse in the hands of unvetted men threatened judges, prosecutors and the public."

Horowitz said that the sheriff's office barred these private guards from the courthouse. However, Price relocated to 7677 Oakport Street, where the guards are still present.

…..In response to these allegations, the only statement provided by Price's office was "no comment."
https://www.ktvu.com/news/pamela-price-accused-threatening-employees-amid-recall-campaign.amp

*Attorney Daniel Horowitz' wife was murdered by a 16 year old Lafayette Goth in 2005.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/teen-gets-life-for-lawyers-wife-slay/
movielover
San Jose Mercury: Which major Bay Area city has the worst crime?: Oakland has seen figures that are consistently higher than its peers' and it surged since the pandemic and has never gone down while San Jose and San Francisco have seen crime level off. A deeper look at the crime statistics
movielover

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.